Story GoW mixed. Asuras’ Wrath: Ascension

Darklord95

#thuglife
Supporter
Asuras’ Wrath: Ascension chapter 1

The vast living island of Te Fitti, named after the goddess of the same name that sleeps below the peoples’ feet. Her body becoming the land itself. The green lush wilds of her hair becoming the grass. Growing the trees and animals. And her tears becoming the oceans that surround her. She cries for the plight of her people. The Titans. Who were long ago replaced by the Olympian gods. Her grandchildren. With her sons and daughters being imprisoned across the vast landscapes of her perpetually sleeping body. Thus it has been since the the early age of time.

In the vast, grassy plains of the green island, just off from the shore of the coast, a house sat on the many small hills. Just outside was a man with red eyes and spiky hair that is white in color, and his skin is of tanned complexion and is heavily built and muscular. He stood looking out among the grass surrounding him and takes a deep breath as he spaces his legs apart and pulls his arms back to his sides and begins punching and kicking up dust in quick succession to one another as if he was fighting an invisible foe.

Sat near the doorway of the little house was a little girl who had similar hair to the man, she smiles watching him punch and kick the air. “Boom! Boom! Fwshhhhh! Get him daddy!”

“Hmhmhm.” Chuckled Li Mei, the girls’ mother. “Daddy doesn’t need your help Ringo, he’s powerful enough to fight every army on Te Fitti.” She says picking her daughter up. “Are you going to be punching the air all day Asura?!” She asks her husband loudly, to overshadow his own punching. “Or will you be joining me and our daughter for dinner before you leave for the war?!”

Asura sighed in disappointment and replied. “I'm coming.” He called to them, dragging himself away from his training spot and back into the house to eat.

Li Mei smiles and gives him a kiss on the cheek. “Thank you.” She sits Ringo down and gets everyones’ meal on plates in front of them. It was a roasted pig. Asura, of course, getting the biggest portion, he needed plenty of protein for the battle ahead.

Li Mei starts eating and Ringo asks “are you gonna beat up all the bad guys daddy?!”

“Ringo, quit bothering your father and eat.”

“Awwwwww okay.” Ringo whines and takes bites out of her portion. She always insisted on getting a bigger portion then she could actually eat so she could get big and strong like her dad.

Asura sighs and says “yes Ringo. I will ‘beat up’ all the bad guys. And, if you behave, I'll bring you back a souvenir from the battlefield when I'm done. How does that sound?" He was an awkward parent. But he understood his daughter.

Ringo smiles widely “really daddy?!”

“What kind of souvenir are you going to bring back? Nothing too grotesque I hope?” Li Mei asks concerned.

"One she can’t kill herself with. Don't worry.”

“Awwwwwww.” Ringo groans.

Asura pats Ringo's head awkwardly. “It’ll be….cool.”

Ringo giggles. “Thank you daddy!”

“Hm. Very well. Eat Ringo, you want to get big and strong like daddy don’t you?” Li Mei reminds her.

“Yeah! Ommmmmm!” She bites into the meat and tears off a piece like a wolf.

“Hmhmhmhm. You don’t have to eat just like daddy though.” Li Mei tells her, with a friendly jab at her husband.

"And what's wrong with how I eat?" Asura proceed to take a big bite of the meat on his plate and tears in in half before gobbling it down.

Li Mei chuckles. “You eat like an animal. And it seems our daughter has picked it up.”

“Errrrrrrmmm!” Ringo growls ripping off another piece.

Li Mei finishes her portion. “I’ll be outside. Once you two beasts are finished, you can come out and train some more Asura.” She says taking her plate to the fountain to clean it.

Asura huffs in acknowledgment as he rips off another piece.

“Can I train to daddy?!” Ringo asks, giving him a big smile.

“Huh? Ergh. Sure?” Asura replies, he was never sure of the right thing to say.

Ringo smiles excitedly. “Yay! I’m gonna beat you daddy! Boom! Fwshhh! Pahhhh!” She says punching the air in her seat.

Li mei rolls her eyes. “You won’t beat anyone if you don’t finish your pig.”

“Okay momma!” Ringo says eating as much as she can.

After they finish their food, Asura returns to his training area. Ringo follows him out and starts punching and kicking the air. Trying to mimic her fathers’ moves. Making cute little noises with every punch and kick. Though the kicks made her fall down a couple times, she kept getting back up to train with her daddy.

Li Mei smiles looking at her. “Asura. Can I speak with you for a moment. It’s about this battle. Have you ever heard of King Andrias of Newtopia? He’s the most feared warrior in all of Greece, are you certain you want to go fight him?”

"I have to.” Asura replies assertively.

“I know. But if you die, what’ll Ringo think? What’ll I do? As strong as you are-“ she starts to say.

“I will return.” He tells her. “I promise. I will.” He was a man of few words. His fists always spoke louder. Li Mei knew this is just how he was. He’s never changed in all the time she’s known him.

Li mei sighs. But gives him a smile and wraps her arms around him, catching him by surprise. “I love you Asura.”

“Nghh. Mgh.” He holds her as well. He feels Ringo hug his leg as well.

“I love you to daddy!” Ringo says looking up at him with a smile.

“Hm” he huffs in acknowledgement. Ruffling her hair with his hand again before bringing her back for more training.

The next morning he bids his wife and daughter farewell before heading out and meeting up with his army. He was their general, his word, or lack there of, was law to them. They march to the battlegrounds. Facing the massive army of the Newts. At least a thousand troops stood ahead of them. But they’d faced impossible odds before.

Andrias stands ahead of the Newt army. “Hm. Pitiful. Only 300 men. Do they intend to make us laugh? This will be an easy victory. ARE YOU READY NEWTS!?”

“YES KING Andrias!” His army shouts.

“CHARGE!” Andrias shouts and leads his men as they charge at Asuras’ army.

Asura wasn't much of a leader when it came to his army. Not in the traditional sense anyways. Most generals would form a plan of attack before engaging the enemy. But for Asura, his only plan WAS attack. And in most cases, he wouldn't even command his men to charge. Asura would charge by himself and the others would be right behind him, just like now. Asura always had the first punch and today was no different as he began to thrash the newts around like rubber dolls. “Rrrragh! Rrrrrgh!”

“Hm…..not bad for a human.” Andrias says skewering 3 of Asuras’ men with his sword. “THE PALE ONE IS MINE!” Andrias shouts at his newts and charges Asura, the massive 500 pound Newt bounding after the spartan general.

Asura turns just in time to see Andrias charging towards him "Rrrrrrrreagghhhhhhhh!” Asura charges and Andrias before launching himself at him, pulling back his fist to punch the newt king with full force.

Andrias blocks the punch with his sword, the force sends him back a bit. “Hmph. Is that all you’ve got human?! RRRAAAAGGGGHHH!” Andrias charges and swings his massive broadsword down toward Asuras’ head.

Asura catches the blade with both hands before it could cut his head off "Not even close!" Asura punches the sword away and jumps towards Andrias' leg and punches his knee.

“Rrrgh!” Andrias swings the back of his giant fist into Asuras’ side. “Ahahahahahaha! If that’s the best you can do, then I’ve already won!” He says getting back up.

Asura is sent flying across the battlefield from Andrias's attack. He manages to skid to a halt and huffs angrily before charging back towards Andrias.

Andrias smirks. “That’s how it’s gonna be eh? Okay. Let’s do this.” Andrias says and charges back, going for a wide spinning slash toward Asuras’ side.

Asura just barely manages to super jump over the sword swing and attempts to dive kick Andrias.

Andrias grabs Asura with his giant hand. “Nice try.” And throws him hard to the ground.

Asura grunts in annoyance. He expected Andrias to be good but so far, he's showing to be much more of a handful than he had thought. "REAAGGH!" Asura launches himself out of the crater and punches Andrias in the chest.

Andrias’s armor protects him from the punch, but still gets sent back a bit. “Ahahahahaha!” He launches Asura with a massive punch to the side.

The punch sends Asura flying through the battlefield until he hits the side of a mountain. His entire side of his body was busted as Asura coughs furiously.

Andrias walks over with his sword on his shoulder “ahahahahahahaha! Is this all you have human?! Taking over this world will be easy as pie! Ahahahahaha.” He raises his sword. Holding the hilt in both hands upside down. Looking to thrust it into his chest. “Any last words?!”

Asura sat there trying to catch his breath and the entire side of his body was compeltely destroyed. He couldn't afford to die. If he lost now then it would spell doom for everyone. Especially for Li Mei and Ringo and he couldn't let that happen! But he knew that as he was now, he couldn't beat Andrias. He needed more power and in a situation like this, there was only one being that could spare him that power "LORD DEMISE! DESTROY MY ENEMIES! AND MY LIFE IS YOURS!"

“Ahahahahahahaha! Your last words are to pray to a god that doesn’t exist! Maybe he can give you peace in the- huh?” He says as he looks up into the sky, a blinding white light envelopes Asuras’ vision. The power of Lord Demise. The God of War.

Asura from Asuras’ Wrath replacing Kratos

Li Mei from MKX replacing Lysandra

Ringo from Casshern Sins replacing Calliope

King Andrias from Amphibia replacing the Barbarian King

Demise from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword replacing Ares

Te Fitti from Moana replacing Gaia

In the time before the titans, before the gods of Olympus, a great battle was waged. The Wrath of the Primordials. The very beings who forged the earth, raged out of control for an eternity. And from this rage, this madness of war, the furies were brought forth. Neither titan nor god, mortal nor shade, the furies were bound to no one for they were the guardians of honor. The enforcers of punishment. The bane of traitors. When Enel came to power, he found he had little to fear from the sisters. The furies sought retribution only for those whom they deemed guilty. The first of these traitors was Sovreign the Reaper. When the mechanical monster pledged a blood oath to Enel, only to later betray the king of the gods, the furies were quick to take action. The sisters relentlessly hunted Sovreign and upon capturing the creature, tortured him without mercy. For the furies believed death was too kind for this oathbreaker. Sovreign the Reaper became an example to all. A special symbol for those who might think to break a blood oath with a god.

Asura, the great Spartan general, was finally defeated. Driven mad. Tortured, and uncertain of his surroundings. The warrior found himself captured like a fly, caught in the web of the Furies. He looked different. His eyes now pure white, and his bare torso covered in markings that were engraved deep into his muscle. He remembered nothing of what happened after Lord Demise shed his light over the battlefield. He looks around, yanking a bit on his chains. A large cuff keeping him on his knees. With 2 smaller ones around his wrists to restrain his arms. “Urgh. Wha- where…..?” He starts to mutter as he looks around, trying to make sense of his surroundings.

“Ah. You are finally awake.” Came a voice from somewhere above him. It had a thick south african accent. He looks up to his right and sees a glimpse of something yellow dash just out of his field of view. Large bugs, creatures known as Kaitin, crawl up from under the platform he was on and start assessing him, deciding whether or not to attack. But suddenly the yellow figure drops down in front of him, making them disperse. It was a woman with yellow skin, natural body armor giving her a bug like appearance. She wore a ragged brown hood that slightly covered her face. But not enough to not see her black soulless eyes and sharp teeth. She was missing her right arm, but that seemed inconsequential when compared to the 4 large bug like limbs that were sprouting from her back. Each one ended at a needle like point, it would be no issue for any of them to stab through flesh.

“You look confused Asura.” The woman says before using her one arm to slash his face with her claws. Then backhand him across the opposite cheek, her hand was like rock. “Does that help you remember? We won’t be so rudely interrupted this time.” She slashes up his chin, breaking the neck cuff and sending him back, only the chains on his wrists stop him from falling off. “Cthylla wouldn’t understand. After all, she lost nothing to you.” She sends 2 of her bug limbs at Asura but he shifts to the left to avoid the attack. “Perhaps the Kaitin can feast on your arm as they did mine.” She says sending her top 2 bug legs at his head. Asura ducks down and wraps the right chain around the limbs. She tries to pull away, Asura yanking her back at each attempt, grunting with anger. He uses her bug legs to cut the chain and slams a punch to her head to keep her back. Then pulls on the other chain with all his might to pull it out from its’ wench and make it lash across her stomach. “Nagh! Blood for blood Asura!” She shouts and charges him, but he was stronger than her. He tackles her off the platform and they slam into a metal pendulum before landing in the courtyard of the prison of the damned.

“I’ll tear the flesh from your bones!” The woman shouts as she runs through the prison. Asura chases after her. She pulls a massive collumn down to block his path. “You are nothing Spartan!” She shouts as she moves further in.

“NNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH! GET BACK HERE!” Asura shouts, enraged as he jumps over the collumn. He chases her to an area where she was looking down at him from a high ledge.

“The Kaitin will feast on your flesh!” She shouts at him, sending her Kaitin after him, a good sized swarm.

“RRRRRRRAGHHHHHH!” Asura pounds away at the giant bugs with his fists. Punching them into paste. He grabs one and chucks it like a bowling ball at the other ones. A bunch of them swarm him, burying him in bug. He shouts in rage swinging both arms up, knocking every single one off with the energy of his rage alone. “NNNNNAGHHHHHHHH! GET OUTTA MY WAY!” He shouts and charges through the swarm. His power sending the Kaitin flying SPLAT into the walls, covering them in bug guts as Asura made his way up after the woman. She runs, heading further into the prison. “Demise was a fool to want you back!”

Asura chases her across a bridge overlooking the vast nothingness the prison of the damned resided in. Once across he finds a record from the scribe of the Reaper. “Every night they come. Every night D’vorahs’ parasites eat away at metal and wire. I feel them eat more and more. Slowly.” D’vorah. That’s her name. Asura could remember some. He remembered tearing off her arm. He goes further into the prison, dropping down into one of the cell blocks. The Kaitin enter the cells and latch onto prisoners. They kick and scream in pain as the massive bugs enter their bodies, turning them into husks. The husks break through the bars of their hosts’ cells and attack Asura, sprouting bug like limbs and striking at him.

Asura dodge rolls out of the way of an initial attack, then catches a strike from behind and uses his grip on the bug leg to throw the husk at another one. He roars in anger as he pummels the husks, who were nothing before his fists.

“You will not leave this place alive!” D’vorah shouts from above. She runs to another room of cells, so Asura jumped up and resumed the chase. As he goes he hears the prisoners talking.

“He is innocent. The gods forsake us!”

“We’re all innocent. Shut up!”

“He is infected!”

“We’re all infected!”

He finds another record of the Reaper. “A deal with the gods is easily struck, but not so easily broken. The Furies only see their version of right and wrong.”

Asura makes his way up to an iron gate. He lifts it open and finds an outside staircase. He makes his way up and sees D’vorah running to a set of doors. She jumps up and iron bars with spikes on top rise from the ground to block him from her. More Husks rise from the ground and attack, but Asura makes quick work of them. He catches a Kaitin that pounces at him with one hand and crushes it.

“Let us see how you fair against the Reaper.” D’vorah says as she sends Kaitin larvae into one of Sovreigns’ massive legs. As it turns out, the entire prison is built upon the Reapers’ still living body, this being his eternal punishment for betraying Enel. The leg animates raising up. Suddenly out sprouts a massive Kaitin. The giant yellow bug had 2 massive pincers like a praying mantis. Its’ lower half resided in the Reapers’ leg, little pincers poking through the metal to make it look like a massive centipede. Little wings flutter uselessly at its’ back. Its’ 4 emerald green eyes focus on Asura. And the Kaitin lurches forward, bringing the arm with it as it raises its’ large blade like pincers and swings them down at the Spartan General.

Asura dodge rolls out of the way, and jumps up onto a building attached to the giant metal leg. He feels his hands heat up. A memory surfaces, so he winds back and starts rapidfire shooting balls of energy from his hands at the Kaitins’ head. He dodge rolls a downward strike from its’ pincers and takes cover in an alcove as it rakes its’ pincers across the wall. He jumps out as it stabs a pincer down into the alcove, getting stuck in a divot. This leaves it open for Asura to jump up and wail on its’ head.

It pulls the pincer out and swipes at him. But he punches the pincer downward to send himself higher into the air. He grabs one of its’ mandibles and swings forward, slamming its’ head into a wall. He lands with his grip still tight on its’ mandible. He yanks back, ripping it out. It lurches forward and cries out in pain, making the building attached to the Reapers’ leg shift to the side.

Asura hops to get onto the side wall, which was now facing up. The Kaitin roars at him and start stabbing its’ pincers down, trying to stab him. Alternating stabbing left, right, left, right. Asura dodges the stabs as he continues to chuck energy at its’ head. It stabs both pincers down into the building and starts pulling. The building starts cracking, splitting in 2. Asura jumps as the building breaks apart. It swings a pincer at him as he falls toward it. He winds his arm back and swings his fist into the pincer hard enough to make him spin in the air, making the Kaitin recoil. Asura winds his other arm back and rocks his fist between its’ eyes. Its’ head flies back, slamming into a building attached to another leg. The top of the tall building breaks off, falling into the chasm. Asura lands on the Kaitins’ stomach and runs up to its’ head. He jumps and grabs its’ other mandible and slams its’ head down on the broken edge of the building, lobbing its’ head off.

He slides down the wall of the building, then starts running up the leg once he gets to the bottom. The other legs started raising up, trying to crush him. He jumps over one of the striking legs and jumps toward the head where D’vorah was. But another leg whacks him out of the air, making him crash through another building and down into the sewer system built through Sovreigns’ body.

There he finds another record of the Reaper. “The Fury queens’ son was born. Yet the humans’ father shows only disappointment for his offspring. Despite my own plight, I cannot help but wonder why a god would go through the trouble of making a child, only to leave.”

Asura climbs his way up the walls and finds a passageway with a gate at the end. He pulls it open and walks along a narrow walkway next to the wall. Eventually finding a balcony that he climbs up onto, a prisoner in a cage falling down into a chasm as a bird lands on it and causes a piece of balcony to crumble.

Asura walks through a hall of cells once he got the gate open. The prisoners of th cell block start talking as he walks by. “Those marks, they aren’t like the others.”
“He’s here to free us!”
“He is cursed!”

Suddenly dozens of wires go through the walls and pull the cell block out of the building, they were coming out of another leg. The wires start corroding across more and more of the building. Asura looks and sees a ledge and jumps to it right as the wires crush the cell block.

He lands and an Ogre climbs up onto the platform he landed on and charges, swinging its’ club down at him. He dodges out of the way and jumps up to start pounding its’ head with his fists. He slams its’ head to the ground and crushes it with its’ own club. Then uses that same club to bash through the gate ahead.

He walks into the first jail cell, only for another massive Kaitin to break through the roof. This one had the same praying mantis arms, as well as spider like limbs sprouting from its’ back. And as Asura would find out, those weren’t the only limbs it had. A large clawed hand with 3 fingers breaks through the wall and grabs him, smashing him through dozens of cell blocks before Asura sticks his feet out to land on one and push the hand off of him. The Kaitin moves back and sends out smaller ones to swarm him, but he makes quick work of them. The giant Kaitin sweeps its’ hand across the ground to slam Asura to a wall, but he jumps right over the arm and starts firing projectiles from his hands at the Kaitins’ head.

It swings one of its’ bladed arms at him, accidentally getting it stuck in a wall. Asura jumps and slams its’ head right through the wall, making the whole structure topple down on its’ head. It recoils and slams one of its’ clawed hands down at him, but he dodge rolls out of the way and shoots another blast at its’ head, dazing it. He jumps and lands on its’ back, he grabs its’ mandibles and rears it around, finally skewering it on a ledge. He then pulls its’ head back, slowly tearing it off the body, only stopping once he heard a loud crack and the Kaitin stopped moving. But then one of the Reapers’ legs rises up and smacks into them, sending them through the wall. Asura gets up mostly unscathed, now inside another building.

As Asura makes his way through the building, he finds a mural depicting Sovreign the Reaper. The first to break a blood oath. The Furies tortured him, twisting his metal and mechanical skeleton into the dark walls of this prison. He moves on and finds an elevator. He manually releases the latches holding it down and pulls the lever to get it moving. But once it does, D’Vorah climbs into the shaft and says “you will be tolerated no longer!” And sends some Kaitin infested guard dogs after him. He bashes one with the back of his hand as it lunges at him and grabs another by the neck. He throws it at a third one, sending them both over the edge. He blasts another with a barrage of energy, practically vaporizing it.

“Enough of this!” D’Vorah shouts and sends some debris into the gears of the elevator, forcing Asura to jump to a ledge on the shaft wall as the elevator floor broke off and fell. The gears however starting to move up again, threatening to crush Asura. So he starts climbing, jumping from ledge to ledge as the gears climb ever closer. He makes it to the top and jumps through the opening as the gears whiz past. He finds himself on a bridge. Upon checking his surroundings, he sees that he’s made it. The small bridge was overlooking the head of the Reaper.

Megaera replaced by D’Vorah from Mortal Kombat

Agaeon replaced by Sovreign from Mass Effect

The Cyclopses replaced by Trolls from Lord of the Rings

Chapter 3: The search for Truth

Asura makes his way into the building across the bridge. Once inside he finds….a harem. Multiple women with their eyes covered by veils and their bodies barely clothed. They see Asura and giggle as they crowd him. “Oh my. Such a powerful man. Hmhmhmhm.”
“The goddess Morrigan has blessed us with a champion.”
“Please lord Asura. Take me.” One of them begs tugging on his arm.
“No. Take me. I’m much better than her.”
Another one approaches from a separate chamber. She looked like perfection in human form. Long, flowing black hair, a body bards would sing songs about, and her revealing outfit was a lavish shade of purple, Asuras’ favorite color.
“They are nothing.” The woman assures him. “Come with me warrior.” She says leading Asura.

After a moment Asura shook himself out of his stunned state, he could see through this deception. He yanks his arm away from her and tackles her to the ground. Her form shifts into that of Lust, D’vorahs’ treacherous sister. Lust stretches her fingers out at him, her nails razor sharp. They go right through his arms, shoulders, and sides. But with a roar Asura breaks them off, although the Fury regrows them as she moves back. “How? How did you see through me!? My illusion was perfect for you!”

“Rrragh!” D’vorah shows up and charges Asura, tackling him through the wall. They both thud to the ground below, right in front of the head of the Reaper. D’vorah scurries off, leaving her Kaitin to attack Asura. He grabs a bug and crushes it before shooting blasts of energy at the others and catching the spear swing of a husk. He glares at it with clenched teeth and swings it via the spear, slamming it head first into the ground. The bug on the husk goes splat and Asura throws the spear like a harpoon to skewer the other 3 husks charging him.

“This will be your end!” D’vorah shouts atop the Reapers head. She sends more Kaitin parasites into the head and suddenly out bursts the biggest Kaitin yet. Its’ head fashioned around the Reapers’ large red eye. A bunch of praying mantis arms flailing in the air as it screeches at Asura. The demigod starts shooting energy blasts at it as it tries to stamp him down with its’ limbs. It swings one down toward him but he catches it and punches it aside before firing at the eye again.

The kaitin roars and the eye starts glowing. Asura looks and sees another structure, so he jumps to it right as the Kaitin uses the Reapers’ eye to fire a red hot laser that completely obliterates the ground he was standing on. As lands, another smaller Kaitin erupts from one of the Reapers’ legs and starts swiping at him with its’ praying mantis arm. Asura dodges the swipes and starts firing more blasts at the new kaitins’ head, and soon enough the Head Kaitin started stabbing its’ arms down at him from the other side.

Asura jumps right as the Leg Kaitin stabs both limbs down at him, breaking the structure he was standing on. Asura lands on the Leg Kaitins’ head and grabs its’ mandibles. He started rearing them left and right, using them like the reigns of a horse. He rears its’ head to the side hard, making it swing the blade like limb into the Head Kaitin. The bigger Kaitin fights back, biting down on the Leg Kaitins’ body, sinking its’ teeth into metal flesh.

Asura jumps off and faces D’vorah atop the Kaitins’ head. D’vorah swings one of her bug limbs at him but he catches it and rips it off before swinging it into her to knock her off. He jumps after her “NOW DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!” He shouts as he skewers her with her own limb as they land on the ground, killing her. The giant Kaitin rips the other one from its’ leg and tosses it, then turns to Asura and goes to attack him again. Asura winds his arms back and unleashes a massive barrage of energy blasts into it, hundreds upon hundreds of blasts that all but vaporize it on its’ way down to him. Its’ corpse bangs against the ground, putting a crack in it, but otherwise leaving the structure undamaged.

Asuras’ memories were all coming back to him as he rips a purple ribbon from the neck of D’vorah. Slowly, he started to remember everything.

— 1 Week Earlier —

Asura remembered nothing after the blinding light of Lord Demise. All he knew was that when he came to, Lord Demise had told him that he was in the god of wars’ debt. He sits in what appears to be his home. His hand wanders to a purple ribbon his daughter gave him, but as he grabs it, it disappears.

“You need to wake up.” A deep, rather depressed sounding voice comes from next to him. Asura stands, facing the voice. Only to see a young man in a white hooded cloak. “What you see isn’t real Asura.” The man tells him.

“Who……are you?” Asura asks him.

“That’s not important right now. I’m here to help. Right now you’re inside an illusion created by Lust. One of the Furies.” As he talks, Asuras’ wife Li Mei walks in from behind him, a seductive look in her eyes as she casually walks into their bedroom. She was wearing purple, his favorite color. Asura starts to follow until he hears the young man say “your thoughts are not your own Spartan. You need to open your eyes and see the world for how it truly is.” He walks to him and holds out his daughters’ band. “I believe this is yours.”

Asura looks back and takes it. As he does, the walls of the illusion fall away. Revealing he was in an empty house. He looks around in astonishment.

“What do you see?” The young man asks him.

“I…..I see only you.” Asura replies, his head still swimming with confusion. Have the last 3 weeks truly been a lie?

“Good. You don’t have much time. You need to leave. The Furies will be coming once they realize you’ve broken the illusion. I’ll delay them but you need to not be here. Go to Delphi. Find the Oracle. She will help you remember what really happened 3 weeks ago.”

“What? What do you mean?” Asura asks him.

“I can’t tell you yet. You wouldn’t believe me.” The young man replies. “But trust me. You don’t want to be here when the Furies arrive.” He says before fading away.

Asura thought for a moment. Why should he trust this man at all? But looking upon the half crumbling building he unwittingly called home, he knew he wanted answers. So he left the building, finding himself in a dank, musty cave. A cavern where the lush landscape of Sparta once stood, all a lie fabricated by the Furies. Asura clenches his fists. “I will find you. Li Mei. Ringo. I will.”

Asura moves deep into the cave system, the remnants of some kind of mine scattered about. In an area full of minecarts Asura runs into a Mammoth Snootwacker. A large green creature with an elephant like trunk. The towering creature moves toward Asura and swung its’ mighty trunk down at him. Asura dodge rolls out of the way and starts sending punches into the Snootwackers’ thick green hide. It winds its’ trunk back and spins, knocking Asura back with its’ trunk. Asura lands on his feet and charges with a shout of anger and sends a heavy hook into its’ side to make it toppel over, exposing its’ soft underbelly. Asura starts wailing on it with his fists rapidly before finishing the Snootwacker off with a mighty full powered straight. The final blow sends the dead Snootwacker flying into a wall, making the whole cave shudder.

Asura keeps moving until he finds a bowl of fire with a statue of Demise overseeing it. Asura hears the voice of the Silent Oracle whispering in his mind. “For those who seek the truth. The fire of Lord Demise shall not burn.” Asura reaches his hand into the fire and its’ power envelopes his fists.

Suddenly a bunch of Capra Goats appear. They were small jet black goats with massive winding horns. They start charging Asura. He grabs one by the horns, the momentum of the charge making his feet scrape the ground as he stops the goat. Then he clenches his right hand into a burning fist before rocking it into the goats’ head. He then charges another one and starts pounding his fists into it. Another catches him from the side with a charge but he recovers mid air and sends a shotgun blast of energy at the goats, stunning them. He moves to one and bashes down on its’ head, banging it into the ground and breaking its’ horns before sending a punch into its’ side to make it slam into a couple other ones. He catches the charge of another one and spins it around, knocking it into the other goats and throwing it right through the statue of Demise. This reveals a path, so with one last bash of his fist into the head of a charging Goat he makes his way through the path.

On the way he finds a note from a villager of Kirra. “Even the gods of Olympus cannot save us from ourselves. Our fate rests in the hands of a single warrior.”

As he moves on he gets stopped by several flying Goatmen with bows. Being led by a Capra Demon. A large jet black goat man with 2 large blades in either hand. It charges Asura as the Goatmen fire at him. Asura dodges the arrows and jumps over a swing of the Capra demons’ left sword, sending a kick to its’ head that launches him up to the Goatmen. He grabs one by the legs and chucks it into another one before firing blasts of energy from his hands at the other ones. The Capra Demon jumps and swipes Asura out of the air with its’ right blade. Asura recovers quickly, landing on his feet, and catches the Capra Demons’ blades as it tries to swing them both down at him. He pushes up on them to daze the demon and winds back to deliver a straight punch to its’ gut that sends it stumbling back.

Asura moves in and jumps to send a few more punches into its’ head. It swings its’ left blade into him, sending him flying. He recovers mid air and sends more energy blasts at it as it charges him and swings both blades downward. He lands and jumps back to avoid the dual slash last second. He then charges forward and jumps with a knee to its’ chin. He grabs its’ horns and flips backward to land on his feet, then he bends over to slam it into the ground head first, breaking its’ horns. He grabs it by the neck and starts pulling it to the side, twisting its’ neck. He loses his grip for a moment but grabs hold of its’ jaw and snaps its’ neck. He tosses its’ body aside and makes his way up a ledge to the outside.

Asura keeps going through the dark catacombs until he finds a huge gap, if this was the way to see the oracle, then it was a wonder anyone could see her at all. Asura starts scaling the wall, making his way across the chasm along the rocky surface. He eventually finds ground again, climbing up and seeing a door with 2 decayed corpses in front of it. He walks over to inspect them. It seemed the Oracles’ chamber no longer reached the town. This woman and her child died of thirst.

The door was blocked by a cave in, so Asura jumped a gap to go along a side path. He finds a derelict village and enters a house to find a note. “We were the guardians of the Silent Oracles’ temple, now we are nothing but dust.”

As Asura gets moving, he’s attacked by a small horde of Bathos, small flying golden demons with shields that have cavities in their stomachs filled with fire. With them were several zombie dogs, rabid hounds with white eyes who mindlessly eat all they see. One of the Bathos shoots a firey bomb from its’ stomach at Asura, but he catches it and throws it back at the demon. As it gets knocked out of the sky, one of the zombie dogs rushes and jumps, aiming to tear into Asuras’ neck. But the demigod bashes the dog out of the air with the back of his fist before grabbing it by the neck and slamming it to the ground, then immediately throwing it at 2 more Bathos in the air. He sends a volley of energy balls at the other zombie dogs and jumps to grab a fourth Bathos before it can shoot fire at him and chucks it into the ground at 2 more zombie dogs, killing all 3 enemies. He stomps down on the ground as he lands, sending the rest of the zombie dogs into the air so he can obliterate them with energy blasts. As he walks off at a leisurely pace, another Bathos flies down behind him a little ways and starts readying a fireball. Only for Asura to turn and blast it out of the sky with a ball of energy, killing it.

He makes his way to the entrance of the Silent Oracles’ temple. But as he walks up he’s stopped by a Lamia. A human like creature with a snake body, adorning its’ back and head was a serpent crown similar to a king cobra. Its’ body was coiled around a pillar outside the entrance. It unsheathes a scimitar from its’ hip and hisses at Asura before slithering down to him. It charges and swings its’ blade at his neck, but he dodge rolls under it and sends a flurry of punches into the Lamias body. It spins with a swipe of its’ tail that knocks him back, but he recovers and sends some energy balls hurtling toward the Lamia. It charges again and sends 2 more slashes at him with its’ sword, which he deflects with his metallic arms and sends a straight punch to its’ chest that sends it flying through the door. It starts to slither away but he grabs its’ tail and yanks it back. “Rrragh! Coward!” He shouts, swinging it overhead and slamming it to the ground. It tries to stab him through the chest with its’ scimitar, but he grabs the blade and gets it to the creatures’ neck. After a bit of a struggle, Asura decapitates the Lamia by pushing its’ own sword through its’ neck. He steps into the temple of the Silent Oracle, but he would find that it was massive and sprawling. At one point it might’ve been designed for all of Kirra to be able to see the Oracle, but clearly this passage had not been used in some time. But even still, Asura would not give up. He refused to be a slave to the God of War.

Orkos replaced by Tamaki Amajiki from MHA

Elephantaurs replaced by Mammoth Snootwackers from Pikmin

Satyr Juggernauts replaced by the Capra Demon from Dark Souls

The Oracle of Delphi replaced by Alsanna the Silent Oracle from Dark Souls 2

Harpies replaces by Bathos’s from DmC

Feral hounds replaced by Zombie Dogs from RE2 remake

Cobra Gorgons replaced by Lamias from FFXI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back