Literature good sites for sharing written work?

s o u r

depressed bitch hours are 24/7
hi all! i've always wanted to share some of my work online but i'm not sure what is the best site to share it on. i've looked at tapastic/tapas, wattpad, ao3, and fictionpress, but im not sure.

what sites do you guys use?

Archiveofourown.org, it's one of the first site that comes out whenever I look for some fanfiction.

I used to frequent stories from Lunaescence, but they’re in a middle of a revamp.

The only other website I could think of is NaNoWriMo, if you’re writing a novel.

It depends on what you're publishing. Are you looking to write fanfiction or original work? Will it be poetry, chapter-based, etc? I have a few that I can recommend accordingly.

Following so I can look into suggestions. I've looked on Wattpad and Archiveofourown in the past, and they are both a cringe fest.

if you're looking to make a profit faster (and feel that your works would market much better to a market that prefers eastern media), i would personally recommend webnovel.

unfortunately, i haven't been caught up with the site more recently, but from what i remember, webnovel was much more prone to helping newer authors/books gain traction in comparison to wattpad, which i felt was incredibly helpful.

still, i would recommend looking further into webnovel, wattpad, and the like. some older news articles on webnovel expressed concern over how the company's policies give them full permission to remaster your works, though i don't really recall the exact articles nor wording. regardless, i'd still say it's important to do research.

however, while i have had my several qualms with the platform in the past (terrible UI, outdated and abandoned mobile website, difficult navigation (before their closing wattpad never made it clear that they had forums in the first place), lack of assistance in helping newer authors + original works, etc.), wattpad has recently been bought by webtoons, which i do personally view as potentially good. webtoons has demonstrated themselves in the past to be very generous alongside understanding of how to properly appeal and advertise to the mass market + continually profit off of old and new content. unfortunately, my statements come from older/past observations, and may be considerably outdated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back