Good morning, Starshine! The Earth says hello!

Comix

Chaos Queen
Greetings, you can call me Comix. I am in college, but I like to spend my free time roleplaying. I have been an avid roleplayer since I was a child so I am not a noob and know what I am doing (more or less). I have been on quite a few sites, but they have all fizzled out in the end. I came here hoping for more and I honestly find myself quite bewildered. The setup here is a little different. I feel a little lost so if anyone would like to help the newbie, it would be most appreciated. I enjoy sci-fi, steampunk, fantasy, medieval, supernatural, and superhero roleplays as well as many others. I look forward to making new friends and roleplay partners here.

Hello!

You look interesting!

I am most willing to help the newbie, and perhaps even create a roleplay if you so wish wink wink.

So- What do you wish for, help-wise, mortal? If it is within the realm of reason, I shall grant it.

If you could explain to me the process of creating a roleplay that would be wonderful. Are there out of character boards? Also, is it mandatory to post a character in the character section?

Hello and welcome, Comix!

You are not required to post a character. Some people do, some don't. Most people use the character sign-up area that's automagically generated when you create a RP to post character info specific to that RP - but even that is optional. The RP creator usually determines if that's necessary.

To create a new roleplay, just use our handy-dandy RP generation system. It essentially creates a series of linked threads: everything you might need for your roleplay.

Here's the guide on how use it: http://www.rpnation.com/index.php?threads/guide-to-creating-a-role-play.15613/

Also keep in mind that you can't post anything with links for 24 hours. That restriction is in place to thwart spambots. If you want to post a picture, upload it as an attachment instead of hot linking it.

I think you'll enjoy yourself here. We're a friendly and active community. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Welcome again to RpN!

Oh, my god... I adore your Firefly references. Also, thank you very much for the help. It is much appreciated.

And I your Hair reference.

Well met, starshine! :)

Do you think you would terribly mind roleplaying with me so I can get started? I'm a little bit too timid to jump into a foreign roleplay or start one of my own in a new, strange place.

I would love to, but I'm over-committed right now. (*waves to those people that she owes posts to*)

I highly recommend posting in the "Role Play Ideas" or "Role Play Recruitment" area, describing what kind of RPs you like and what you're looking for in a partner. That's how I found partners and RPs on here. I promise people here are VERY friendly and you will find RP partners quickly.

Hey Comix, welcome to the site. Love the profile pic!

Welcome to the site, hope you like it enough to stick around.

If you want to do an rp of some form 1x1 or open, send us a message and i can make the rp, and walk you through doing it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back