• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy God Game

Murtox

GDP
I recently saw a god game , so I thought that it would be fun to make one here . The premise is that the gods are players that decide what to do with the world or worlds.... , At first it would be sandbox but with predetermined actions to do and with a couple of stats so you know that if you are able to do it or no , how succesfull it is , etc .The game would be based on turns so the game is more organizated and every turn you get points to spend on actions , some events will happen that will make the some gods more powerful or get weak , for example:

-An entire civilization has revolted againts you and they no longer worship you

or

-A lot of people has find truth in your words and teachings or they prefer the vision of your afterlife and what you offer to them

Events like this may happen and your power depends on how many people worship you .

At first the world wont be inhabited and you have to shape it how you like and create the races you want , this races could become powerful if you want it which you means you need to use more points on them or they are just non-sentient creatures that have special features(This means that they dont worship you and they take points from you but they could be very benefitial for the races you create) , about the races you make as many as you like but as time passes it would become more difficult for them to adapt in the world , for example:

-A new race has come to the world , they appear next to a city of orcs and they get slaved.

or

-The demon like race that a god created has face a lot of problems since there are angel like creatures of the light that started a crusade againts them.

To finish they are a lot of things the players can do because they are Gods , so I expect that the people get interested in this , I am currently trying to make a system for this an I would like any help the community could give me.

• Gods are powerful entities that by themselfs are already powerful but to increase their power they need to be worshiped , these gods are specialized in various "Domains" such as the sky , death , light , etc. This domains is where they have more power and can affect more directly the world , for example a god who has the domain of death will be able to create powerful zombies or to directly curse mortals with death , they also could get power from the deaths of people(similar to being worshiped but less powerful because none wants to die) .These gods live in their own realms which are interconnected by an infinite nothing these realms can be shaped as the gods wish , with their own creatures and structures and maybe with a place where your worshipers after dying come to .

This will be the basic sheet for a god:

God Name:

Domains:

Personality:

Description:

• Servants live in your realm , they are powerful entities more powerful than most mortals and they obey you without doubt , they have no soul but a god may allow them to have freedom and a mind so they can feel themselfs, there are different kinds of servants that you can make , for example you may have someone that travels to the mortal world to check the race you created or a powerful beast that serves you as a pet , they are your first line of defense againts other gods and their own servants , who may come to disturb you and get some artifacts or souls from your realm .

These servants may go the mortal world under certain rules , the first rule is that only a limited amount of them can enter the mortal world and their powers get reduced until they return to your realm , some of them may have still enought power to deal with a entire division of soldiers alone , but as more powerful the servant , the amount of them you can send to the world will decrease dramatically , for example if you want your giant beast with five heads to get into the world you will have to spend points to send it and to maintain it there ,but atleast it can go there with some minor servants but no more than that.

The sheet to create a servant is very similar to create a race but if you want special servants who are very powerful you may create them using your own character sheet , but with the traits and the amount of points spent on them.

Servant:

Description:

Traits:

Special God Trait:

Behavior:

Duties in your realm:
    Anything you would like them to do in your realm like taking care of the flowers , fighting forever , etc.

Link to the thread The God Game | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I am already making progress in the system , anyone that is interested enought and would like to say their thoughts about this

what are the parameters of the god's personality restrictions (not powers - Biases. do we have to get into character?. or can be players be flamboyant and indecisive? )

what we all want to know ^^

There are no restrictions about personality , but as very powerful entities gods that are indecisive will get bad reputation as none wants to worship a weak god that may give you something or not(or give you flowers and then acid rain) , maybe they will gather enemies in the god realm as some gods may not like someone messing with their creation.But this is very free so feel free to make the god you like

PD: Maybe the objective of your god is to create cataclism in the mortal world , I can totally allow that

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely in for this, but what are these points you are talking about and how many do we start with?

I'm so looking forward to giving the unicorns flowers and make the narwhals fly around with the unicorns! Yay!

(hmm... I seem to happy... lets add in something bad!)

Then marshmallow people will come and the unicorns and narwhals will eat them!

Hmm.... maybe the ubicorba and narwhals and marshmellow people isn't the best idea... right, back to square 1!

Murtox said:
99% Finished , now I only have to figure out how everyone will get points from worshipers
In B&W game it was the amount of time your worshipers spend worhsipping you. Otherwise you can go with sheer amount or accumulated level of true devotion.

LeviathanL said:
In B&W game it was the amount of time your worshipers spend worhsipping you. Otherwise you can go with sheer amount or accumulated level of true devotion.
Thanks for the advice , but I think now is good , everyone now can start creating their gods I will create the thread soon this day

As you imagine them , they can be a Kawaii god or Cthulu with 10 hands , totally free for you to decide

The CS is in the first tab where it says God , at the end of that tab is the basic sheet , if you want you can add more than that or be more specific .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back