Glenys Ide Angharad

Osthavula

Deliciously insightful one
The guard on her right lifted her arm high in a difficult angle, that even as flexible as her she felt a sense of pain. She flinched with a quiet grunt. "Don't be fooled, Pete." The older guard spoke with distaste. "This gal is a bad name even in Recreona." He used his albow to knocked on the red hair girl's back again, and despite her effort, the guard was not hurt by her pushing back. The newer guard Pete looked at her with pity, but the girl Glenys spent all her time glaring at the older guard, and trying to kick him or headbutt him. Too difficult for a girl who was anything but strong strength. Plus, she looked bruised and exhausted enough even without the guards forcing her to walk.

Glenys kicked again as the guard pulled her arms and pushed her forward. They walked through the barred metal gate, marched down a dimly lit corridor, passed many cells with people twisting and curling in the corners, occasionally moaning or uttering sounds that were barely words. It continued on like a long streched of a hellish painting, until they came into an end of the hallway. There was no window, only a dying torch outside the cell on the wall, and inside a bare room with a broken straw bed. Her weapons, two daggers that she got as gifts, were taken away from her a long time ago, The old guard opened the door, threw her in, and was visibly pleased to lock it right in front of her.

"Enjoy your cell life, you won't be out anytime soon."

They left. As their footsteps faded, Glenys climbed up from her fall and pull her thin white robe straight, wiped the dust from her nose and lips, and looked around the room once again. But there wasn't much to look. The two walls and the floor were all gray of dirty stones, and on one side there were thick metal bars, the other barred side the locked jail door. A lone woman could be seen sitting in the next room through the bars, down in the shadows. It was hard to tell, but she waved her thin and boney hand, gesturing for Glenys to move closer. Figuring there wasn't much to do in the cell anyways, Glenys did what the woman wanted. She calmly walked in front of the bars, close enough to touch the bars with her nose, and looked straight at the woman. The woman too pushed herself forward, and now from the wavering torch light, a weak and sickly looking woman figure was sitting in front of her. Her clothes was torn and dusty, and very likely what Glenys's robe would be like if she stay for more than four years.

"I'm ...... Agnes. " She talked, though it was clear that she hadn't in a very long time. She almost choked just by raising her voice. "New ......are you? It isn't so bad..." 

She coughed, and Glenys stopped her.

"Don't need to force yourself. I'm Glenys, if you must know. " She sized up Agnes, waited for a moment before speaking again. "If I may be frank, you don't look like a brawling type. What is it did you do?"

At first Agnes's face went pale, and then she coughed again, and used her fist to hit her chest repeatedly. They now sat face to face, and Agnes became clearer. She had a long face, and droping eyes, and her lips thin and pale like paper. It was a contrast to Glenys's bright eyes and healthy glow. She was new to the cell afterall. After Anges stopped coughing, she looked up to her, and said, "You sound so gentle and soft. I didn't expect you to be straight forward."

"Oh, I didn't ....." realized it's a sensitive topic, was what Glenys planned to say but interupted.

"No, it's okay." Agnes said as she pushed herself to sit straight. " I bore a child, but not of my husband whom I wed. "

Glenys raised a brow.

"I expected that reaction." Agnes tried to smile, but because of her weakness it was very subtle.

Glenys sat, eyes widen while she held on to one of the cold metal bar, "I didn't know that they keep people of that 'crime' that long. I never give much thought of it actually. If you'll forgive me."

What happened to the child? Glenys asked with less bluntness this time. Agnes dropped her head, and in that brief silence she understood the child's end. Tragic, but frankly, not unheard of. Now that she knew, Glenys noticed the small pile of straw pulled from Anges bed was right beside where normally a pillow should lay, and below the hay straw there was a patch of redness.

"Please, if it is alright for you.... Can you tell me what is it that you've done? If you don't mind this poor woman feeling better because someone else commited bigger sin...." Agnes bowed her head deeply, hiding her expression. Still, her trembling voice gave it away.

"Well I supposed it is my turn to share the story." Glenys seemed eager to share her story, and change the topic. "You recognized this?"

She tug on her garment. Her old cape was taken away too, so she was wearing one long thin robe of linen that was brightenly white, but tainted from place to place. In the middle it was two drawn faces facing opposite sides, one towards top right, grinning and was bright yellow tone; the other facing bottom left, with a sad face and was charcoal black. Agnes looked at it for a while, then shook her head.

"But of course, a lady like you need not hear about a group like us. Like them, I mean." Agnes said, smiling. "Here is a brief definition for you. Recreona is a group who intended to find a way to reverse undead. Yes, the undead. Now don't look that way, I'm not an undead, not yet anyways. I am a human of Canol, born and raised in Majula, and a resident in Parmus. Even if I am an undead, there is nothing to be scared or afraid of. It was just some rumours so that some important human official can keep their jobs. "

"Anyways, I studied under a sorceror as a child, and was pretty good at it. You see, I like sorcery. Although my parents sent me to learn sorcery at the age of six, I never got tired of it. " She tilted her body in front, her eyes no longer looking at Agnes. "I like knowledge. I like discovering the unknown, and discovering about yourself. Miracles was given by the gods, but sorcery allow one to discover for him or herself. I was passionate about it, that even when my mentor was not around I immerced myself in the scrolls and scriptures. I was told that my skills exceed my peers, being able to learn strenghtening spells earlier than the others. But, that alone was not enough."

"When you are schooled by an acknowledge mentor, they teach you basic stuff. Basic is good, basic is important. But my thirst did not stop there, I need more, I need something beyond the topic that they look at, beyond that one portion of spells that they read out of ten, thousands even. I joined a group that dedicated themselves to learn complicated spells, ones that might alter one's life. Recreona. When you have a group of enthusiasts working together, mostly about how to prolong life and immortality, and reversing undead of course, you discover many, many things. That was the root of how Recreona was created. "

Agnes nervously drew circles on the floor, a bit overwhelmed by the new information. She was surprised how within one minute the calm looking girl began talking about a cult and sorcery as passionate as a child talking about sweets.

"I worked for years in that group, and I can't say there was much significant breakthroughs. We found a lot on healing, on properties of plantation and ancient rituals, but giving a life, a soul back to a creature was not an easy study. I learned whatever I had to learn, and improved on my sorcery skills. Life got boring and repetitive, so I ignore my partner and ventured out. I'm glad I did."

"Then I met him. My precious, dearest, Lothar."

The sorceress looked dreamily at the darkness behind Agnes. Her face was of utmost ecstacy, her eyes narrowed and her grin widen, her cheeks turn pink, and she began rocking left to right. Agnes waited, but no respond came. Eventually she had to carefully reached through the bars and tapped on her knee.

Glenys jumped, her attention called back to the cold, dry, dull room with metal bar. She apologized to Agnes (who isn't sure now whether she wanted to hear the whole story), and she told her the next major turning point in her life.

"So I was walking alone towards the trees where you can find one excellent flower that speeds your recovery of wounds. The sun was high, and people are working, only travelers and people like me would walk such a path in that time of day. I wore this robe, and well, a pure white cape outside of this, don't imagine people will be happy seeing this two face symbols. I was naive. " The wide grin wouldn't went off her face." I'm glad I was that naive."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of the bush, a man jumped out in front of her. A man of a full, golden colour plate, held swords curved like a crescent moon, darted in front of her, and the senseless metal made no effort of reaching the delicate skin on her neck. There was no time for Glenys to react physically, but enough to comprehend what was going on. This man waited here, for any innocent passerby to walk into his trap, and with easy work he could take all the posession they have. Some would call it the worst form of robbery.

Glenys looked to the man who now held her by her shoulder.

Her heart was beating out of her chest, but it felt pleasant. It felt natural.

Of all the things she had seen in her life, nothing compare to how the sun rays seaming through his golden hair, how his smile twisted into a wicked smirk, and how his eyes contained a streak of darkness and madness. As if it were a ritual of taking her soul, it completed by his deep spoken voice which rang closely to her ears. "I'm sorry, it's not personal." But there was no sadness, no remorse, no agression either. It resonated with something inside her that was never discovered before. She shook uncontrollably, and slowly she raise her hand towards his eyes.

Then, she sinked into complete darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glenys was completely ignorant of how Agnes now stared at her like staring a complete mad man. It was a side of her quite different from the way she was before. The Glenys she first saw was a calm, ordinary girl, and the childhood her sounded gloomy, but this is a Glenys that was filled with passion, liveliness, and undenieble craziness. Yet there was something about her, something about this crazy side of Glenys that made her felt something different from fear. Was it just something she felt while she was protected by bars? Agnes couldn't tell. But she listened attentively, unable to move her attention elsewhere.

Glenys continued to stare off into nothingness, or rather, a vivid memory that after time flew continuously, was still close to her. She continued her story for the lone listener.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I woke up, and there was no man in golden plate, nor knife on my neck, but several men in silver plate instead. It would have seem that one of the man slapped me up, and started questioning me what happened. He wasn't looking for an answer, though. I heard one of the soldier said that this happened three times around this place and they need to increase patrols here. I asked them of the suspected culprit, and they did not hesitate to give me a name. I'm grateful for how easy it was to obtain his name. "

The name was Lothar, a known criminal.

The soldier thought Glenys was in shock, and patiently answered all her question. What happened to her, what happened before her, and questions about Lothar.

"Why did he do this?"

"What's there not to do? Some people have no regards for humanity find it the easiest way to profit. " The soldier answered, again without hesitation.

But there was one question he did not know the answer to. How was Glenys left alive. All they found before was just bodies, but Glenys alone lied on the side of the road. He guessed that someone was going to pass the road and witness what happened, but even he himself wasn't convinced of that theory.

"Do you remember what happened?"

"I...fainted." Glenys answered. It wasn't a ly.

She told him she needed rest, and he let her go. That night, no matter awake or sleep, she could not shake off the image of Lothar looking at her, with those beautiful dark eyes.

And the day after, making sure she was not observed by any soldiers, she sought him out. There was difficulties since she must not sound like she was looking for a criminal, but not a lot of suspicion was drawn towards a neatly dressed young maiden in her twentieth. She found him three days after the incident, at the far side of the city opposite of where she met him. He hid in an abandoned house, to avoid the patrols and curious eyes. Still, when he recognized her appearing behind the broken door of the bedroom, he put down the hand that was holding his blade, and sat back on the bed that creaked loudly under his weight.

"What do you need?" He asked, crouching his back and tilting his face towards her.

"I...I am Glenys." She tried to keep calm but her inside stirred.

There was nothing but silence for a while. The girl nervously moved her feet closer towards him, little by little, until she almost cracked from her own pressure. Lothar watched her silently, and did nothing.

"I'm sorry... to disturb you." She raised her voice again, "I wanted to ask, why did you spare me?"

"Why were you not scared?" He calmly threw the question back.

Glenys read his expression, if anything it was curiousity paired with amusement. She felt her cheek heated and her palms started to sweat, her throat locked, unable to speak.

"Well, I figure, you are either crazed or you are an idiot. Either ways, you are nothing better than me." He appeared very relaxed, "Whatever you want from me, it won't be nothing good, woman."

"I...Let me follow...you....."

Lothar watched her face burn in invisible fire, his face unmoved. His hands let go of his blade, grasped his other wrist, and pull off his metal glove. There was a ring on his finger, one as dark as his iris. The ring was calmly pull off as well, and he shrinked. Not in size, but his muscle shrinked and dried up, blackened like coal. His face caved into his skeleton outline, and soon the healthy man in his prime before her turn into a dried corpse. Glenys recognized this was precisely what she had been seeing on drawings and portraits around Recreona. He was an undead. And if she was not mistaken, a child of Abyss. 

The mummy now looked like he was grimacing with his lip shrinked and teeth exposed, and now very much looked like he was challenging Glenys. But it wasn't capable to show all his emotion, because when she walked close to him, took his hand, and carefully held it, his coal-like body quivered to tell her his feelings rather than expression.

"You are a mad, idiot." His voice came out difficultly with an uncomplete throat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, Agnes eyes widen in shock , but she was completely intrigued. The madness contained in the maiden's body in front of her no longer scared her or pushed her away. Perhaps the long imprisonment had finally taught her to look into the darkness, and see things that dare not exist before. For so long she deemed herself unclean and kept away from all beings, now her boney fingers gingerly pulled on Glenys's sleeve.

"What happened then?"

If this description made sense, the calmness of Glenys, its flower bud blossomed. It awakened once more in the light of the past.

"I am the lover of the child of abyss."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was her most blissful time. In the eight years since they met, Lothar taught her many, many things that an ordinary sorceror wouldn't heard of, and Glenys offered much more than just company. The guards of cities and household alike was challenged by the man in golden plate, now hidden in water and fire, in darkness in light, on the wall from the branches. The crescent blade hunts easily, with the white robe in the reaper's shadow. While in recreona, although unsettling, a certain girl's partner found her writings remarkably detailed and eye-opening.

Because how can you define life, only from the point of either living or dead? Seeing from both perspective was rare enough, seeing from both perspective and breaking the boundary of species, of good and evil, was near impossible. The partner return the parchment with much fear and doubts. The writings handed to officials, but never was once mentioned again.

Glenys's love, if you agree to call it so, grew stronger day by day. Her fascination of what was considered the darker arts, grew as well. She did not go through the ritual, but her knowledge grew into the territory of the abyss so much, that a priest grew unrest around her. Suspicion arised, but never one as serious as the final one that tore the final veil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My partner confronted me. She knew that I had plans of leaving, and refused to let me leave or do anymore of the deeds for my dear Lothar. Apparently years of reading scrolls together drew her close to me, ' think me as a friend ', she said." Glenys raised her brows. "There was not much choice, she was a fearsome opponent. I striked her down, that she needed long rest. Nothing serious, but enough to made sure she couldn't come after me."

"Even though she did not wish me death sentences, and no evidence of me helping my love was present, the priests insisted to give me a long time rest, in this pleasant cell you and I have." Her knuckled knocked on the cold stone floor, while she return to a very normal, composed state of a red-hair sorceress. "I am so very tired after that fight. I need a proper rest, before I find a way out."

"A way out?"

"Shh, don't tell anyone." Glenys made a face, with her tongue sticked out all the way. Where the centre of the tongue was, a red gem hid within the shadow casted by her teeth. Agnes flinched, to imagine how the gem was imbedded there so deep was very unpleasant. Seeing her reaction, Glenys's mood was never better, as she climbed to her own bed and made herself cozy in the chill air. "Goodnight Agnes."

"Goodnight." Answered Agnes still facing the iron bars.

"Goodnight, my sweet, sweet love."

red_witch_by_andygarcia666-d7qmjaw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A few things...

• This is more my fault but I need sorcery information. How longnshe's been practicing and which area she specializes in (physical or mental.)
  • Age? Didn't see one listed but I'm not sure.
  • Race?

A few things...

• This is more my fault but I need sorcery information. How longnshe's been practicing and which area she specializes in (physical or mental.)
  • Age? Didn't see one listed but I'm not sure.
  • Race?

Sorry for the late reply. I just got wifi and I am on my phone right now.

I hinted at the place where Lothar started attacking people in strange places that she is specialized in physical sorcery, so altering one's physical property, strengthen or amplifying it as well.

As for age, I was thinking between 25-30, and settled at about 28. She should be stidying sorcery since she could study, so around 7-8. I see I left out the part that it was initially her parents sending her to learn about sorcery. If you think at that age she could'nt cast spells properly I can imcrease it.

A side note is that I read your description of how some sorcerors are too proud to admit they had forgotten the basic spells. I made her the opposite, so she remembers the basic spells but have some additional spells written down. For now where all her things got taken away, she remembers the basic strengthen spells, attuning body spells etc. At least I think those were the basis. Will she obtain more ability if she ever face Sirris?

Her race is human.

Sorry for the late reply. I just got wifi and I am on my phone right now.

I hinted at the place where Lothar started attacking people in strange places that she is specialized in physical sorcery, so altering one's physical property, strengthen or amplifying it as well.

As for age, I was thinking between 25-30, and settled at about 28. She should be stidying sorcery since she could study, so around 7-8. I see I left out the part that it was initially her parents sending her to learn about sorcery. If you think at that age she could'nt cast spells properly I can imcrease it.

A side note is that I read your description of how some sorcerors are too proud to admit they had forgotten the basic spells. I made her the opposite, so she remembers the basic spells but have some additional spells written down. For now where all her things got taken away, she remembers the basic strengthen spells, attuning body spells etc. At least I think those were the basis. Will she obtain more ability if she ever face Sirris?

Her race is human.

I would've preferred it be specified within the post, maybe edit it in?

No, basic spells would be how to channel their energy and casting so they know what their doing and don't injure themselves. I would prefer you change that considering if she wanted to, she could've brute forced her way out of the hands of the guards.

Oh and if she chooses to become undead, she would no longer be able to cast sorceries. This roleplay is focusing on the characters and not their powers.

Please select a human sub-race from the People of Etaria thread.

I would've preferred it be specified within the post, maybe edit it in?

No, basic spells would be how to channel their energy and casting so they know what their doing and don't injure themselves. I would prefer you change that considering if she wanted to, she could've brute forced her way out of the hands of the guards.

Oh and if she chooses to become undead, she would no longer be able to cast sorceries. This roleplay is focusing on the characters and not their powers.

Please select a human sub-race from the People of Etaria thread.

I was on my phone so it was hard to edit.

I want to specify though. So if she remembers the basic, she remembers how to cast spells but not a specific spell? If it is like that, I wouldn't need to change because she now remembers the basic but need to remember the complex spell for strengthening spells then. Also for now she is not strong so even if she strengthen herself, I assume it wouldn't be too useful? I still need to know how it works.

She exhausted her energy now. I should put that in as well.

She will stick to sorcery then, but she will have a great interest in learning how magic works.

I would think Canol, so far her looks doesn't fit in a specific human race yet, so a mix culture should be fine.

@StoneWolf18 Added information. Her race, current residence and age. Also possible image of how she looked like.

Soon the minutes turned to hours, and hours into and unknown length of time. But you begin to feel drowsy despite the sheer lack of physical activity. Maybe it was mental exhaustion, or a way to pass the time for you then closed your eyes either by your own will or threat of passing out. But the blissful sensation didn't last log as you were soon able to feel that something was wrong. Dearly so. A foreign feeling welling up inside of yourself, it being cold and empty as if you had lost something that had been apart of you. Should you open your eyes and look around, you would be greeted with the majestic sight of a grand hall fit for royalty. The walls and floor made of the purest, darkest obision as for the monstrous stained glass windows a pure white in contrast. A voice would then sound behind you. Feminine and firm and gentle all at the same time. "I must say you are one of the more... interesting mortals within that prison..." Surprised you turn and stand, a throne with a woman sitting upon it before you. She was leaned back and appeared to be middle aged, dark hair spilling off her shoulders as violet eyes examined you carefully. Her right hand, the skin pale, seemed to nonchalantly play with an imperfect orb of light that you felt drawn to. "But first, I am quite curious. Do you know who I am?"

@Osthavula

The long abandoned straw bed and the lack of blanket was not a good combination for a goodnight sleep. Only exhaustion left by her last big fight pushed Glenys slowly into a dreamless sleep. Even that sleep was rudely interupted by a strange sensation, a chill deep within her, and a sense that she has lost......something. She couldn't put a finger on it. In the dark she searched, she stumbled, she clentched the cloth near her heart frustratedly.

And then all of a sudden it appeared to her (the knowledge was lost to her somehow), that she could open her eyes. She lift her eyelid up, and was pleased to find light. Still dazed, she found herself gazing at a grand hall that was at least three stories high, with pure white windows that did not show any scenery outside, and walls and floor made up of a pure dark rock. Believing she was in a dream, Glenys was going to sit down and admire the majestic of the architect she knew didn't belong any known castle.

A voice stopped her before she bend her knees.

"I must say you are one of the more... interesting mortals within that prison..."

She was surprised at first, but then questioned herself why should she never thought of turning around. Like the idea of opening her eyes, it was as if these unnessasary thoughts ceased to exist until it was called.

A woman, much taller than any mortal Gladnys had met, sat on a majestic throne. She was very beautiful, her eyes of a vivid violet, and her hair fall around her face like a dark stream. But mere appearance meant nothing. The woman gave off a vibe that Glenys knew she was not one that she could blatantly approached. She now bended her knees, kneeled in front of her, and set her sight upon the light orb she seemed to be playing with. It was strangely attractive to her, but she knew better than directly approaching it.

"But first, I am quite curious. Do you know who I am?"

Her gaze return to the woman's violet eyes, and the answer came to her. Again, as if it was called by the woman's voice, it came suddenly, but felt only natural.

"I may be wrong but..." she said that only just in case of offending the lady, she felt confident of the answer. " Are you Sirris, m'lady, the goddess whom all children of abyss serve?"

Lothar had told her so many times, the story of Sirris the goddess. Different from the version Glenys heard before, Lothar said that she was wife of the god Urbain, and was casted into the abyss by her son and daughter's doing. He also told her about the ritual, but refused to let her undergo it. The ritual came with the sacrifice of her sorcery, and quite possibly, her life.

But if she was indeed Sirris, but Glenys didn't perform a ritual, why was she here? She was indeed quite confused, but she waited for the woman to confirm her guess.

@StoneWolf18

Users who are viewing this thread