• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Glade Of Nightmares (Closed; Partner Found)

Raw Toast

I'm kind of new so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place or s/t O.o "

But if you're interested the first post gets to join me and roleplay.

I want a roleplay involving two people (My character will be posted below) who live in a small town/village at the Eastern coast of Canada (Around Nova Scotia/New Brunswick area) called Parssboro. My character has an extreme fascination with the legends and such for the town. Your character has agreed to help her search for some of the creatures that were said to lurk in the area. At the time that we start, they've both been searching together for approximately 6 months, with few clues.

We'll be started off with the two of us searching through a forest for a small creature called a "Bestro" a small furry thing (somewhat like a raccoon) that was said to grant luck to the one who spots it. The two end up discovering a glade in which all of the fantasy, legendary creatures they'd been looking for reside. But each one has a bit of a twist to them, making them all nightmarish creatures.

We need to work together to (a) escape this place and (b) try to avoid having these thing attack our town.

So, if you have any questions about it feel free to ask me. I'm looking for somebody who can match my line-length per post (4-8 per character), has decent spelling/grammar, and would be willing to possibly take on a couple secondary character's later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emerald looked over her shoulder, then ahead of he'd. Then down at the map she'd sloppily taped into her notebook. It was thick and she constantly had to pick up small cutouts that always seemed to fall out. She scanned the forest ahead of her. Trees upon trees upon trees. No landmarks. Nothing. She looked down again and frowned. At which point her foot caught on a root and she stumbled forward, catching herself before she fell. Swearing softly, she looked ahead once more. Maybe it would be better to concentrate more on her coordination skills (which she was, unfortunately, lacking) and less on figuring out where they actually were. They'd been walking for an hour or two and Emi had expected to see the second landmark by this point in time, however that had not ended up happening. She was pretty sure they'd gotten their directions mixed up and went the wrong way. She closed the journal and put it into a small bag hanging by her side, neatly sealing it away. She looked behind her at her partner. "I think," she announced. "That we are lost."

(This was a really long post because (a) starters are generally a couple lines longer than usual and (b) I'm on mobile and its screwing with my sense of length. So by no means do you need to match the length of this. Just a note.)

Timothy looked back at Em , "I think we are to I have seen that same stump over there, as Tim says this he points at a ragged old looking stump, like six times, here can I see the map maybe I can get something off of it you are not seeing." "I don't know we should probably just wait here for a while and try to get our senses about us," as Tim said this he slowly started turning on the spot looking for small twigs to make a trap and hopefully get a meal while they were out here, "Ah this one will work right here," Tim said this holding up a young green sapling that was just barely turning brown, " i can make some string out of this, and this will work as a weight," said Tim looking down at a baseball sized rock, as he said all of this he looked back up at Em "oh I am doing it again aren't I you know how i get carried away, are you fine with me making something to get some food Em?"

(sidenote - I matched the length i think without trying to lol)

"Right, right, sure. Have the book. There are maps and instructions, and guides and all that. Half of it won't really be much use right now." She flipped to the correct page of the journal and handed it over to him. "And sure, catch something. It is getting kind of dark, I guess. Maybe we should stay here for the rest of the night. Find out where we are, where we're actually going, that kind of thing." She bit her lip, slightly frustrated, then slung her bag onto the ground and started digging through it for camping supplies. "Maybe we'll have more luck in the morning."

"Ok thanks em!" as Tim says this he starts putting the trap together on the ground," and hey dont be frustrated we can get back to the search tommorow everything is going to be fine besides think of the rabbit or grouse that we could get with this trap" as tim said this he started licking his lips a little " Did you find the supplies for the tent?" Tim said this as he was looking down at the journal's map "Hey you know you could draw this a different way....no not a good time to poke your buttons? ok ill have to do it later then" Tim says as he gets a small grin on his face "it is pretty easy to do with you em"

Emerald stayed silent as she pulled out a crumpled tent and a few pegs. She shot him a look. "I know, I know. But doesn't it get frustrating? Day after day with nothing! We have all of our research, all the work I put in, and then we go out and spend days wandering around in the middle of nowhere with not a single piece of evidence. Nothing to prove us right about this!" By this point she had raised hee voice, and noted a bird flying away, alarmed. She tried to resume a regular volume. "Its just so frustrating. It feels like there are too many days, just wasted." She set to work with the tent, quieting down for a couple moments. Once she had finished, she stretched, looking over at Tim. "Does it not bother you?"

"Hey Em sometimes it doesn't matter if we are finding anything or not I mean i would love to get some sort of evidence as much as you would but hasn't this been enjoyable, I personally have had an insane amount of fun rather than just living in some shack doing nothing" "here let me help you with that tent it will be easier if we both did it, oh and you did remember to get the other sleeping sack didn't you or am I sleeping on the ground again?" "And to answer your original question no it doesn't bother me at all I have had the best time of my life out here in nature and with you" as soon as Tim said this he looked down suddenly pretending to mess with his trap a slight blush can be seen on the side of his face his hair isn't covering.

"I guess so." Emerald fiddled some more with the tent. "And there's only one sleeping bag, so you are getting the ground again. Because I'm certainly not giving it up." She glanced over at him. "I thought you were finished with that trap already...?" She shrugged slightly to herself, glancing towards where the sun was about to steep behind the trees. "We should probably make a fire or something before it gets dark." She darted off back into the thicker trees, searching for some dry branches or something similar.

(Sorry for the short post I'm running late for school ahhh)

"Yea ill start getting some smaller sticks and things as well" As Tim said this he started walking around the edge of the clearing they were in. "Because you know I would rather not be cold" As Tim said this he dumped a pile of small sticks and branches by a fire pit and moved over and started gathering pine boughs so his bed would be softer "Man this is a nice are though i could make a fish net in that small stream over there" Tim said this softly to himself looking around for where Em was.

Emerald had an armful of medium-sized branches when she returned, pulling a stay leaf from her hair. She plopped it lazily onto the pile, pulling a lighter from her pocket and setting it ablaze. She stared at the crackling flames for a second before turning back to the task at hand. She pulled a sleeping pack from her bag and tossed it into the tent, and did a brief search in her bag for anything she was missing. Upon rummaging to her satisfaction, she sat back on her heels and looked up at Tim. The sun had finished setting, so it was all dark except for the pale light of the moon and the flames between them. "I think we're good for tonight." She grabbed her flashlight (which she had an odd habit of keeping with her at all hours) and crawled into the tent, rearranging the sleeping bag until she deemed it neat enough.

"Hey Em do you think that we could just stay here tomorrow and take a break for a day from our search I mean we could just relax and maybe go swimming in the stream over there" As Tim said this he laid back and started looking at the stars overhead "Who knows it may even be fun to just relax for a day, besides we deserve it we have been at this for a while I know it could do you some good" Tim sat up the fire dancing across his face outlining his features and showing the concentrated look in his eyes "After all aren't you getting tired I mean it has been 6 months and we haven't seen one trace of that god forsaken Bestro" "I know I am getting tired" Tim said laying back with a defeated look on his face.

Emerald curled up in her sleeping bag, small enough to snuggle deeper in than most people. "Sure, fine, whatever. I guess a day off wouldn't hurt." She muttered, not caring to object. "G'night." She said simply, closing her eyes and waiting for her thoughts to finish rushing by and her mind to let her sleep.

"Goodnight Sleep well Em" When Tim said this he rolled over and curled up in the fetal position while staring at the stars and fell asleep.

Emerald woke up to sunlight trickling into her tent, the sun itself just barely over top of the trees at the horizon. She yawned, stretching, and crawled out of her sleeping bag before emerging, blinking, into the clearing they'd been sleeping in. She rubbed her eyes drearily before glancing over at the trap they'd set the night before. Unfortunately they hadn't caught anything. Though it was somewhat disappointing, she had brought at least some food to last them until some forest creature or other encountered their trap. She crawled over to where Tim was sleeping and punched his shoulder in an attempt to awaken him. "Come on, it's morning already."

"Ouch Em you know you could just ask me to get up" Tim said rolling over and sitting up, "so what do you want to do today it is our day off after all" "I know that I want to go swimming the stream over there looked pretty nice" "aw man my trap didn't catch anything" Tim said looking over at the empty trap "I wonder if I didn't bait it correctly or something "I'm going to go set that trap somewhere else that's not a very good spot for it anyway" "besides you could use a bath so you should go down to the stream now"

(sorry about the late reply i was playing an mmo :P )

ld looked as though she was about to argue, then seemed to decide against it. She grabbed her pack of stuff and wandered down to where the stream was, only now remembering that they were going to stop searching for the day. She looked around, glimpsing movement on the other side of the stream. She went to jump over to the other side of the stream to investigate further, but her foot slipped on a rock while she jumped and she plopped pathetically, and more importantly, loudly, into the stream. She scrambled out and kept a steady lead on whatever it was she was chasing. Just in case. It seemed the right size to be what they were looking for, and sure was being difficult to track. After a couple minutes, she deemed the creature as good as lost. She took out her compass and checked which direction it had been heading, before calming down enough to head back to what she was doing. Her damp clothes stuck to her body and she felt very dirty and sweaty. It had taken more energy than she'd expected to chase the thing. She shrugged her bag off at the bank and stretched tiredly.

Tim walked down to the stream after a while in some shorts that fit loosely around his waist "Hey Em hows the water feel" Tim yelled down at Em "We should get in and swim upstream a little bit I thought I could hear a waterfall through the trees a little ways" "It looks like it could be a lot of fun to jump off the rocks and stuff by it" "Plus like I said last night we really do need to take a break from this search its been pretty disappointing so far" "and why are you all dirty weren't you coming down here to take a bath?"

"Oh, I saw something on the other side of the bank, and I ended up chasing it." She shrugged dismissively, picking up her stuff. "So anyways, we're going upstrupstream then?" She led the way at a swift near-run. "Come on, let's go!"

"Hey wait for me" Tim yelled after her laughing as he said it "You know we really should be careful if one of us gets hurt its going to take a while to heal out here" "By the way I really didn't know you much before we started chasing these legends do you have any guys back home or anything?"

She slowed down and glanced back. "Fine, fine. I'll be careful..." She blinked a couple times and looked back. "What do you mean, 'guys back home'?" She gave him a sideways glance. "Oh...you mean like, a boyfriend or something?" She let out a short laugh and gave him a toothy, crooked grin. "Of course not! That'd be terribly awkward! My family's been living there for forever, so everybody's so connected I'd probably end up dating a cousin or something." Emerald turned back to the landscape ahead of her and kept going. "Don't worry about it. Nobody's going to beat you up if I get hurt or anything."

"Oh ok" Tim said slightly grinning as he watched Em running ahead of him "You know though it would be nice to like never go back, just to stay out here with no rules or chores, nobody telling us what to do and telling us where to go you have to admit that it is really fun hey can you slow down a second really quick I have something I need to talk to you about and I need you to promise not to be mad or dislike me because of what I am going to say here in a second ok?"

Emerald stopped, looking back. "What is it?" She asked, hands on her hips. "Can't this wait until we get to wherever it is we're going? And I'd like to check out that spot where I saw the thing. It might've been important. This may be our day off or whatever, but I'm not just going to ignore something like that. And I'm not sure I like the direction we're going in, but whatever. I promise I won't get mad." She turned away from him. "Spit it out. What is it that you want to say."

"Never mind your right we should keep going before it gets to late in the day, and yea we do need to check out where that thing went it may be the only evidence we have seen in a long time" "come on let's go" tim said sprinting ahead of Em seeing the waterfall to his front a little ways away "what did the thing you saw look like anyway?" Tim shouted back at Em

(Sorry for such a late reply I've been really busy ;- ;)

Emerald rolled her eyes in exasperation. She began to sprint, catching up to him. "You'll see what it looks like when we find it again, see?" She answered, coming to an abrupt stop when she reached the waterfall and panting heavily. She stretched, sticking her arms out behind her. "This is the place, right? Not bad." She kneeled by the bank and poked the water experimentally.

As Em was testing the water with her finger she didnt notice Tim pulling off his shirt behind her "IM COMING IN" Tim shouted as he sprinted and did a cannon ball right in front of Em soaking her "You coming in now that your wet Em or am I going to have to pull you in?" Tim said with a big grin on his face "Come on the water feels great its the perfect temperature for swimming in.

(sorry for my late reply :P ive been dealing with a bunch of school stuff xD )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back