Anime & Manga Give me good anime please

takki

Bringer of Stars and Caretaker of Seals
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Gimme good anime, except for animes with more than 200 episodes (i.e Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Bleach)

(im a starting otaku dont judge me) I watch animes in kissanime

Here's the list of anime I completed.
  • Assassination Classroom (best one I've watched yet)
  • Sword Art Online (my favorite)
  • Attack on Titan (can't wait for season 2)
  • Nisekoi (first anime I have completed)
  • Re:Zero (good anime. the mid-episodes sucked so bad I skipped some clips while watching an episode)
  • One Punch Man (Awesome superhero-villain/order-chaos/with hair-w/o hair action anime)

Last edited:
Cory In The House, obviously. Maybe Donkey Ollie?

Lel. Seriously though, look up "Super Love Love Destiny Of the final gunslinger". It's a 'warrior's love story' in a scifi version of the wild west period, where Rinko Ayami, the final 'true' gunslinger on a faraway desert planet, has to prove himself to the martial culture his sweetheart belongs to so he can be eligible to marry her. It's the best damn sci-fi western anime since before it was a genre!

My list of likes from my request post.

Berserk (the old one)

Moribito

Claymore

RWBY

Legend of Galactic Heroes

Appleseed

Ghost in the Shell

Cowboy Beebop

Fullmetal Alchemist, which is a masterpiece, in my opinion. There's the 2003 anime and the Brotherhood anime. The 2003 anime is, well, from 2003 and a bit older. It has its own story, like a lot of anime that don't follow the manga. The Brotherhood version is more recent and follows the true manga story. Though, the first few arcs are rushed because they assume you already watched the 2003. I always recommend watching the 2003 first, because it's still very good. But you decide. Both anime have around 50 episodes. There's also a movie for both.

Soul Eater. This is one of my favorite anime. It's about a school directed by the grim reaper training kids to fight "demons" and witches. They are partnered with demon weapons, which are people who can transform into weapons and consume the demon souls. Though, even if it's my favorite, I say that the anime ending isn't so great. The manga has a lot more in it. I know some anime watchers don't want to read mangas, but if you like Soul Eater and you want more, read the manga. There are websites to read manga online. There's also the Spin-off Soul Eater NOT, but if you don't like slice of life shojo anime, don't look at it. There are 51 episodes.

Blue Exorcist. This one is about the son of Satan that discovers his identity and decides to become an exorcist to fight against his father and the demons he sends on Earth. I could say more, but I think it's better to discover yourself. The animes are very good. I used the plural because there's somewhat two animes. The manga is still on-going with its own story while the anime made its own. But they recently decided to anime one of the manga arc, called the Impure King Arc. The Impure King anime is not related to the other anime, but to the manga. So there's not continuity between those two. Still, both are amazing. If I remember right, there's around 30 episodes.

I have more on my list, but I feel like you would like those three to begin with.

Last edited:
I recommend a couple:

Death Note and Gungrave. Older but amazing! Gungrave is not known by many, which is sad because it is so fun and interesting.
I second the 90s Berserk, Trigun, RWBY (but this is a North American made show however super popular). I havent watched RWBY but I know plenty of friends that love it!

Hope you find some good ones. Ive stopped watching anime shows and stuck to movies instead. Most shows now are focused on clothing coming off than actual plot but thats just my preference. I prefer action.

Last edited:
I'll review all them animes later XD I'm currently watching No Game No Life.

I found SAO moderately astonishing when I first watched it, but now that I look back at my past self: I see that SAO was cringy and it was naivety that took my mind. Now I am a quote-on-quote "Anime veteran."

As for good anime that I recommend: (the descriptions and ratings come completely from me.)
  1. Code Geass: A must-watch for any anime fan. The story tells the tale of Lelouch Lamperouge, also known as Lelouch Vi Britannia, the son of the Britannian Emperor in an alternate history where instead of the USA, the Empire of Britannia reigns over North America. Britannia is bent on taking domination over the smaller countries of the world and is one of the main three powers that rule over it. Lelouch wishes to create a less sinister world where his sister; Nunnally can live in peace, so he decides to obliterate Britannia. He begins a revolutionary movement in Area 11, known in the past as "Japan." Then, he meets a mysterious girl who calls herself C.C, and she grants him Geass, the Power of the Kings, that lets Lelouch issue one command to do anything to anyone with assured compliance. IN MY OPINION: The best anime to ever grace our world.
    1. RATING
      1. Visuals: 8.5/10 (Some scenes though, deserve to be called a 10/10.)
      2. Soundtrack: 10/10 (The opening, in particular, is breathtaking.)
      3. Story: 10/10
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist: / Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: (The latter has better visuals but there are minimal changes to the story draft.) Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse have committed to the greatest taboo known to alchemists; human transmutation. In an attempt to revive their dead mother, they perform the ritual, but it does not end the desired way. Instead, they must pay the terrible price. Alphonse loses his body and Edward loses his leg. In order to save his brother from being obliterated, Edward sacrifices his arm to revive him into a suit of armor and the two begin their search for a philosopher's stone that they believe can help their limbs return to them. What they don't know is the terrible price one has to pay for attempting human transmutation, as the law alchemy is that of equivalent exchange, however, what is the price for a human soul?
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: 5/10 ||| 9/10 (For former and latter version.)
      2. Soundtrack: 8/10 (Both are roughly of the same quality in my opinion, but the openings are great.)
      3. Story: 9/10 (It gets better later on, in my opinion.)
  3. Fate/Zero: Fate/Zero is the story of several characters, the most prominent of which are Kiritsugu Emiya and Kirei Kotomine. The two partake in the so-called Holy Grail War. A great ritual in which seven magi from different bloodlines assemble in the city of Fuyuki as the Masters. Then they summon 7 Heroic Spirits called Servants and tactically use the Servants to fight and win the Grail. The Holy Grail is an omnipotent wish-granting device that can make any wish come true. Another interesting fact is that all Servants are in fact: mythological heroes, such as Hercules, King Arthur, Medusa, etc.
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: Solid 10/10
      2. Soundtrack: 9/10
      3. Story: 8/10 (Keeps you wanting more, however, it gets better and better constantly.)
      4. Also, once you finish, I'd watch Fate/Stay Night or at least Unlimited Blade Works, the two of which Fate/Zero is a prequel to.
  4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Do you want a lighthearted, yet at times serious story? Do you want a story where characters overreact to everything in the most hilarious manner possible? A story where you witness the most breathtaking of fights? You're in the right place. Jonathan Joestar is the youthful son of a nobleman in the late 19th Century. One day, a new young boy arrives at his father's mansion, one known as Dio Brando. Apparently, Jonathan's father owed Dio's father a favor so now Dio will be staying with the Joestar family. What no one knows is that Dio aspires to take the Joestar fortune for himself. The stakes go even higher when Dio discovers a mask that turns him into a Vampire and when Jonathan learns an ancient martial arts technique, as the titular "Bizarre Adventure," ensues.
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: 1-10/10 (The art style is unique for an anime, so it is up to your preference whether you like it or not. Therefore I cannot rate it properly.)
      2. Soundtrack: 8.5/10 (The openings are not as good as the ones from animes above, but they are equally memorable.)
      3. Story: 5/10 (Although the story is good, the focus is put more on the comedic and developmental aspects of the story, therefore do not judge it too harshly for having such a low story rating here and just trust me that it is worth your time.)
  5. Mirai Nikki: Yukiteru Amano is a loner. Every day, he spends time writing in the diary in his phone. He notes practically everything there and has no friends, except for the two inhuman deities, known as Deus and Murmur. Eventually, Deus offers the boy a chance to change his life for something else. He gives him a future, or rather; his diary a future. Yukiteru's diary gains the ability to allow its user access to what will happen in the future, however, should Yukiteru's diary be destroyed; so will his future, therefore he will die. Soon, Yukiteru discovers that there are others with such diaries and that they are all in a survival game, competing against one another. Each contestant must kill another and the last to survive will become the new God, replacing Deus. Soon after the game starts, Yukiteru meets Gasai Yuno, a mysterious girl with psychopathic tendencies that seems to be obsessed with him (Yandere.)
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: 5.5/10

There are several others that I just don't have the willpower to write down, but I will name them at least:
  • Death Note
  • RWBY
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer
  • Durarara
  • No Game No Life
  • Trigun
  • Claymore
  • Ao No Exorcist.

Boku no pico
Hell no XD

I found SAO moderately astonishing when I first watched it, but now that I look back at my past self: I see that SAO was cringy and it was naivety that took my mind. Now I am a quote-on-quote "Anime veteran."

As for good anime that I recommend: (the descriptions and ratings come completely from me.)
  1. Code Geass: A must-watch for any anime fan. The story tells the tale of Lelouch Lamperouge, also known as Lelouch Vi Britannia, the son of the Britannian Emperor in an alternate history where instead of the USA, the Empire of Britannia reigns over North America. Britannia is bent on taking domination over the smaller countries of the world and is one of the main three powers that rule over it. Lelouch wishes to create a less sinister world where his sister; Nunnally can live in peace, so he decides to obliterate Britannia. He begins a revolutionary movement in Area 11, known in the past as "Japan." Then, he meets a mysterious girl who calls herself C.C, and she grants him Geass, the Power of the Kings, that lets Lelouch issue one command to do anything to anyone with assured compliance. IN MY OPINION: The best anime to ever grace our world.
    1. RATING
      1. Visuals: 8.5/10 (Some scenes though, deserve to be called a 10/10.)
      2. Soundtrack: 10/10 (The opening, in particular, is breathtaking.)
  2. Fullmetal Alchemist: / Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: (The latter has better visuals but there are minimal changes to the story draft.) Edward Elric and his brother Alphonse have committed to the greatest taboo known to alchemists; human transmutation. In an attempt to revive their dead mother, they perform the ritual, but it does not end the desired way. Instead, they must pay the terrible price. Alphonse loses his body and Edward loses his leg. In order to save his brother from being obliterated, Edward sacrifices his arm to revive him into a suit of armor and the two begin their search for a philosopher's stone that they believe can help their limbs return to them. What they don't know is the terrible price one has to pay for attempting human transmutation, as the law alchemy is that of equivalent exchange, however, what is the price for a human soul?
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: 5/10 ||| 9/10 (For former and latter version.)
      2. Soundtrack: 8/10 (Both are roughly of the same quality in my opinion, but the openings are great.)
      3. Story: 9/10 (It gets better later on, in my opinion.)
  3. Fate/Zero: Fate/Zero is the story of several characters, the most prominent of which are Kiritsugu Emiya and Kirei Kotomine. The two partake in the so-called Holy Grail War. A great ritual in which seven magi from different bloodlines assemble in the city of Fuyuki as the Masters. Then they summon 7 Heroic Spirits called Servants and tactically use the Servants to fight and win the Grail. The Holy Grail is an omnipotent wish-granting device that can make any wish come true. Another interesting fact is that all Servants are in fact: mythological heroes, such as Hercules, King Arthur, Medusa, etc.
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: Solid 10/10
      3. Story: 8/10 (Keeps you wanting more, however, it gets better and better constantly.)
      4. Also, once you finish, I'd watch Fate/Stay Night or at least Unlimited Blade Works, the two of which Fate/Zero is a prequel to.
  4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Do you want a lighthearted, yet at times serious story? Do you want a story where characters overreact to everything in the most hilarious manner possible? A story where you witness the most breathtaking of fights? You're in the right place. Jonathan Joestar is the youthful son of a nobleman in the late 19th Century. One day, a new young boy arrives at his father's mansion, one known as Dio Brando. Apparently, Jonathan's father owed Dio's father a favor so now Dio will be staying with the Joestar family. What no one knows is that Dio aspires to take the Joestar fortune for himself. The stakes go even higher when Dio discovers a mask that turns him into a Vampire and when Jonathan learns an ancient martial arts technique, as the titular "Bizarre Adventure," ensues.
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: 1-10/10 (The art style is unique for an anime, so it is up to your preference whether you like it or not. Therefore I cannot rate it properly.)
      2. Soundtrack: 8.5/10 (The openings are not as good as the ones from animes above, but they are equally memorable.)
      3. Story: 5/10 (Although the story is good, the focus is put more on the comedic and developmental aspects of the story, therefore do not judge it too harshly for having such a low story rating here and just trust me that it is worth your time.)
  5. Mirai Nikki: Yukiteru Amano is a loner. Every day, he spends time writing in the diary in his phone. He notes practically everything there and has no friends, except for the two inhuman deities, known as Deus and Murmur. Eventually, Deus offers the boy a chance to change his life for something else. He gives him a future, or rather; his diary a future. Yukiteru's diary gains the ability to allow its user access to what will happen in the future, however, should Yukiteru's diary be destroyed; so will his future, therefore he will die. Soon, Yukiteru discovers that there are others with such diaries and that they are all in a survival game, competing against one another. Each contestant must kill another and the last to survive will become the new God, replacing Deus. Soon after the game starts, Yukiteru meets Gasai Yuno, a mysterious girl with psychopathic tendencies that seems to be obsessed with him (Yandere.)
    1. RATING:
      1. Visuals: 5.5/10

There are several others that I just don't have the willpower to write down, but I will name them at least:
  • Death Note
  • RWBY
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer
  • Durarara
  • No Game No Life
  • Trigun
  • Claymore
  • Ao No Exorcist.

I don't know why SAO sucks to some otakus. They have a new movie called SAO: Ordinal Scale and I'm hyped to watch it online.

Hell no XD

I don't know why SAO sucks to some otakus. They have a new movie called SAO: Ordinal Scale and I'm hyped to watch it online.
It's a disappointment both from an objective standpoint and as a weeb who wanted so much from it. The nicest way to put it is Sword art online could have been an epic journey from floor 1 to 100, but it skipped 2 years worth of content and in the end, the story doesn't make sense after the first 14 episode.

Picture this.

6,000 people die because of a massive oversight that lead to 10,000 people being trapped in a video game. I don't know what sort of government there needs to be to where you miss something like that.
After the survivors escape, people go right back to the same technology that put 10,000 people into a coma.
Makes total sense.

So if I suspend my disbelief and try to enjoy sword art for what it really is, what we got was a two year jump from floor 2 to 75. What we got was a weekly dating sim with kirito. One week he was courting a loli. The next a cute blacksmith with pink hair. Then lastly he marries in game waifu and fucks her. All the while, any sensible person would be asking, " Where's the adventure? Where's the story? Where's the fighting for their lives"? Sword art online has so much potential in its first two episodes,but it failed miserably. I won't fault you for liking it, but this is just the tip of the iceberg for why it split the weeb community so much.

>mfw Sword fArt Online
530.jpg

One Punch Man (Superheroes)
Bo-bobo Bobobo-bo (Parody of Manime)
Fist of the North Star (Manliest Manime)
Kinnikuman (Wrestling Manime)
Girls und Panzer (moe girls in tanks)
Space Dandy (from what I could tell, a parody of Cowboy Bebop or a parody of sci-fi anime)

My two CENTS on SAO is 1-3 of the first season were enjoyable, with 3 being the highlight. 5-everything else was bad/ew/Death Gun/what.

Having watched only two animes to completion, I can recommend them both.
Death Note was freaking amazing.
9/10 visuals. 10/10 plot. 10/10 soundtrack.
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
9/10 visuals. 9/10 plot (screw u chimera ant miniseries). 11/10 soundtrack.
Coincidentally, Mad House produced both of them.

It's a disappointment both from an objective standpoint and as a weeb who wanted so much from it. The nicest way to put it is Sword art online could have been an epic journey from floor 1 to 100, but it skipped 2 years worth of content and in the end, the story doesn't make sense after the first 14 episode.

Picture this.

6,000 people die because of a massive oversight that lead to 10,000 people being trapped in a video game. I don't know what sort of government there needs to be to where you miss something like that.
After the survivors escape, people go right back to the same technology that put 10,000 people into a coma.
Makes total sense.

So if I suspend my disbelief and try to enjoy sword art for what it really is, what we got was a two year jump from floor 2 to 75. What we got was a weekly dating sim with kirito. One week he was courting a loli. The next a cute blacksmith with pink hair. Then lastly he marries in game waifu and fucks her. All the while, any sensible person would be asking, " Where's the adventure? Where's the story? Where's the fighting for their lives"? Sword art online has so much potential in its first two episodes,but it failed miserably. I won't fault you for liking it, but this is just the tip of the iceberg for why it split the weeb community so much.

Since it's our opinion, I'm not going to counter your thought. But you're right, the first few episodes were all battle stuff, kinda liked it. The mid episodes were romance and harem shit, some boss battles too. On AFO was some battle shit with a little romance with Leafa, then on the last eps of AFO was (dont read if you haven't watched SAO yet>>)
Asuna getting molested by a forced soon-to-be-husband
it ruined the WHOLE anime. But I still get to watch GGO. It was ALL battle stuff, with some romance clips with Sinon, then thats that. I expected much more from SAO. I wish Ordinal Scale would be a great movie and the upcoming SAO 3. So yeah, that's my thought on Sword art online.

Hell no XD

The reason I dislike SAO is the ludicrous amount of wasted potential. Literally an anime called "Sword Art Online" yet somehow Sword Art Online is only taking place in the first half of the first season. Also, WHY is it taking place? They didn't even have the common decency to give the main baddie a reason for anything. He trapped thousands of people in a deadly videogame for the lols? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's ever stated why he did that, which is worst villain writing imaginable.

Also, the way that Kirito abuses plot armor was disgusting. He didn't even beat the game fairly, but rather because it sucked and somehow let him live. And before you tell me it was sheer willpower, tell me, when was the last time you played WoW and managed to stay alive with willpower alone, eh?

The reason I dislike SAO is the ludicrous amount of wasted potential. Literally an anime called "Sword Art Online" yet somehow Sword Art Online is only taking place in the first half of the first season. Also, WHY is it taking place? They didn't even have the common decency to give the main baddie a reason for anything. He trapped thousands of people in a deadly videogame for the lols? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's ever stated why he did that, which is worst villain writing imaginable.

Also, the way that Kirito abuses plot armor was disgusting. He didn't even beat the game fairly, but rather because it sucked and somehow let him live. And before you tell me it was sheer willpower, tell me, when was the last time you played WoW and managed to stay alive with willpower alone, eh?
Quite on the contrary, I solo'd Archimonde (from Warlords of Draenor) and stayed alive like a boss. And an Item with the word 'willpower' in the name (i forgot what it was, I usually play Warlock who already has Soulstones) saved me twice. But I agree that Kirito's Protagonist Bullshittery powers exceeds sickening levels

also for good anime,

-Konosuba: God's Blessing on The Wonderful World! (it's really funny)
-One Punch Man (power levels over 9000)
-Fate/Stay Night (UBW and the upcoming Heaven's Feel)
-Every other Fate/ anime series (badassery incarnate)
-Legend of Legendary Heroes (apparently, it's really good)
-Kill la Kill (... Just watch it. It makes no sense but it's decent)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back