Gilgondorin Silvertongue

Bethari

gil-and-mil.PNG

Name: Gilgondorin Silvertongue, but only his master calls him that. To others, he is Gil.

Age: He looks to be around 15, but he is probably much older.

Sexuality: Straight

Species: Nixie, a mischievous type of Elf spirit, akin to the Scandinavian Näcken. Nixies love to play tricks on unsuspecting passersby. Nixies prefer wet places that border between populated areas and the wilderness, such as underneath bridges or riverbanks outside cities. Both males and females wear their hair long, as it is a sign of wellness. They avoid telling the truth to outsiders whenever possible, preferring lies or evasions instead, because total honesty to someone who isn't Nixe is physically painful. This quality is protective, for if an outsider knows their real name they become under their control. 

Appearance: Just like other males of his race, Gil always has flowers in his hair. His master, a sorceress named Milagro, insists that he keep it short.

elf-sad.PNG

Body Type: Lean and lithe

Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)

Height: 6' (183 cm)

Eye Color: Light Blue

Hair Color: Blonde

History:

Years before the towers sprung up around Talorn, Gil lived in a tiny hovel beneath the bridge in Dorison Market. Every day, as shoppers left the market laden with new goodies and the vendors closed their stalls, Gil would come out from his shack and start to play his violin. 

Gil's ability with the instrument was no joke; the melodies pouring from his instrument were so sweet they could make the leaves in the trees stand still. Likewise, when the people heard his song, they could not help but come closer. 

He'd say, "What have you got from the stores, my friends? Do you mind if I take a peek? Don't worry, I'll give it right back."

Gil then opened their sacks and took what he liked, be it bread or money or fine clothes, and sent the shoppers home. When the victim came home, he did not remember why he did not have his items. Often he would think that he had simply forgotten. 

Gil was sitting in his shack one evening when a young woman came strolling by. She was dressed in fine linen and gold and carried a heavy sack. She'd make a good mark, it would seem. Gil leapt out the door with the fiddle in his hand, but before he could put bow to string, the woman said, "Gilgondorin, stop."

Gil dropped his bow. She knew his name; now he was under her spell, but he could not let her win. His freedom was at stake.

She said, "Tell me, what were you planning on doing with that instrument, young man? If you lie, it will be your last time."

Whatever she asked, Gil would have to answer. When they knew your name, you couldn't ignore it. That didn't mean, however, that you had to be honest. The boy said, "When I saw you I thought you were the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. I thought, maybe, just maybe, if I played you a song, you'd fall in love with me."

The woman shook her head. She said, "I know the truth hurts you, so I'm giving you one more chance. Tell me what you planned to do."

The boy dropped his head, taking her words as an idle threat, saying, "But I told you the truth, madam."

The woman threw back her head and laughed. "I know your name, yet you still lie. Gilgondorin Silvertongue, I curse you to never lie again. I'm a sorceress, if you didn't know. Now you'll follow me. I'm a good master, you see. I'll keep you clothed and fed."

Now Gil follows the woman around, going from town to town, playing music if that's what she asks. Gil's life is much better as a servant, many would say. He stays in nice inns, wears fine clothes, and never has to worry about food. He gets to see the world, after all. Gil is unhappy, he longs for the days when he lived in a shack beneath a bridge. He wants freedom.

Personality: Gil is withdrawn and unhappy. Music is the only thing that brings him joy.

Powers: A violin virtuoso, his music can mesmerize those who hear it. He's also uncannily good at playing all stringed instruments, even if they're ones he's never seen before. 

Other: Gil can never outright lie to anyone, although he can avoid answering questions if they aren't asked by Milagro. 

(( @JustAlexandra Still some things to be worked out, but here it is. :D  I think the history needs some extra love, though. It was a lot bigger before, but I wasn't quite happy with it.))

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bethari

It's good, only a couple things.

1. Your species needs a name. I know  you're open to suggestions, lol, but I am not that creative. I usually just make up words for stuff like this. 

2. If you're going to be attached to another character, I ask that you make that character or have someone else do it. If you are going t be traveling with this sorceress she needs a CS so that she can't just be willy nilly all over the place lol. 

I really like your history, btw. I think it is perfect. 

I think I might call him a Nixie. Mostly because it's much easier to type. Also, I did think think about making the other character sheet. Guess I'll have to do it now. :P  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back