• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Ghost Town

(Sure)

brenna-prescott--pink-maternity-dress017.jpg

Its been nearly eight months since her boyfriend passed away due to an illness. Because of Medical Malpractice, she ended up down the path of being a single mom. Not out of her choice. However, despite being fairly well off, Alexis was still reeling from her boyfriend's death, which has left all around very moody and depressed. Since her studio apartment that she had shared with him was too small for her to raise a child and the lease was up in about two more weeks, Alexis did not have too long to find a new home or end up in the streets. While putting her dress, she remembered there being an open house at a home for sale not too far from town. After doing her hair, she set out for the house.

Upon getting out of her car, she stared at the house. It seemed fairly in good shape. Slinging her purse over her shoulder, she walked towards the house, holding her swollen belly. The house was indeed empty except maybe a small table with a cup with pens inside along with a few papers which seemed to be a flyer for the home on the market. Walking up the stairs, she then entered the closest room, which she discovered to be the nursery. Staring at the rocking chair for a few minutes, it felt peaceful. "This must have been a nursery..." She muttered.

"It was..." A voice said, causing the young mother to turn around. The Chair was rocking. Was someone there? With her back turned to the door...It slammed shut and she could hear the unmistakable sound of it locking, leaving her a little terrified. Because her back started hurting, she sat down and took a few deep breaths. Suddenly, she felt something, like an invisible hand, on her belly, causing her to breathe a bit more heavily out of fear...Right, she was regretting even stepping into the house, since it was haunted. What happened in this home? If someone died here...It would have been nice to know.

Last edited:
Katrina was in the market for a house, not any special house. Katrina wanted a house that was new or recently renovated. Katrina walked out of her studio apartment, and walked up a street, where she found a house for sale. From the outside, it looked as if it was an old villa from the 1900's. Katrina decided to walk in, it looked recently renovated. Katrina opened a closed door and found a nursery room, and also saw a pregnant woman in there. "Isn't this place interesting?" Katrina said which a small saccharine smile.

When another person, a young woman who looked to be College, opened the door, it startled Alexis, who stood up from the rocking chair. While cradling her belly and looking around, she finally turned her attention to the other woman. To calm herself after being startled, she took another deep breath, while gently caressing the belly. "Depends on your definition of Interesting." She replied, a little creeped out by the girl's saccharine smile. As she caressed her belly, she felt the baby kicking. Hopefully the place wasn't haunted, though considering she felt something touch her belly, chances are it was. Not exactly a place to raise a baby...In a haunted home. She would then straighten out her sleeves on her dress. "So...you're house hunting too?" She asked.

"Yup, this house looks cool, but there seems to be something creepy and strange about this place" Katrina nods.

"Well, if you want, you can take it." She sighed. While Alexis did want a house, she didn't exactly want to stay in a place that was haunted. "I dunno, before you came here, that door slammed shut and something touched my belly when I sat down in that chair." She commented, a little shaken by the fact. Most of the time, if a home was haunted, chances were someone died in the very house, if not multiple people.

"Well, then we should probably-" Before Alexis can finish that sentence, the door to the nursery slammed shut, trapping both women inside. This time, it was locked shut, despite the door not having a lock on it.

"Well that's scary, I certainly won't be buying this place" Katrina smiles, "I'm gonna climb out the window, wanna come?"

Why was the girl smiling? To be honest, it was kinda creepy. "Really, do you think I can fit through the window?" She asked, looking at the small window. There were two windows in the room. One of them wasn't really open-able. Suddenly, the ghost of a woman appeared before them, causing Alexis to back away and she was soon cornered along with Katrina. So that she wouldn't panic, she gradually breathed, taking deep breaths every now and again. "I lost my child, in this home a long time ago..." The ghost said, walking towards them. Alexis was petrified and was unable to look away. Her back was too the wall at this point and she was trembling as well.

The woman just looked at Katrina, as if she were disrespectful. But when she got close to Alexis, she put her hand on Alexis' belly, staring at it as Alexis took a few breaths, looking at the spirit. "Its a boy." She smiled. "Mine was too." She then frowned. "His name was Vincent." The ghost lady was starting to scare the mother-to-be. Ironically, that was her boyfriend's name. And how did she know that the baby was a boy? "He was killed in this room..." She then turned to Katrina, then back to Alexis. "For the safety of your child...Get out of here...Before you get trapped in here...Get out of here now..." The Ghost disappeared. When the door creaked open, from the Angle she was standing, Alexis could see a shadow of a man with an arched back...wandering... "So...Any ideas?" She asked, looking at the younger woman.

As much as she didn't want to, Alexis ended up following the younger woman, not wanting to take her chances with whatever monster or creature that was on the other side of that door. With a lot of awkward movements and a bit of pain, the young mother was able to squeeze through the window. The creature had noticed when she was halfway through. She escaped with only moments to spare.

While it was a little high up, a flower bed broke her fall, otherwise she would have landed with a thud, and that would have been harmful for the baby. Getting up, she felt around her belly, worried about the baby. When it kicked, she breathed a sigh of relief.

This baby meant a lot to Alexis now that her Boyfriend passed away. WhIle cradling her belly, she started looking around for the other woman.

"Yeah...I'm fine. And so is the baby." She answered. Looking up at the window, she saw the monster walking away. "I'm definitely not getting that house. But I have two more weeks until I have to pack up and move..." Alexis was worried about being on the streets. It would also be nice to have a roommate of sorts, to help her watch the baby and everything. "I just hope I can find a place soon." She adjusted her purse and started holding her back, as it was starting to hurt. "So...Do you need a ride or anything? I have a car up front."

"Na I have my car over there" Katrina says pointing to her mini, "Amd if you need a house there is plenty of room for you and your son to be born baby"

"Okay." She said, staring at the Mini, whilst still holding her back. "I do need a house...Just not that one..." She said, peering back at the house. "By any chance, are you looking for a roommate?" She asked, as she put her hand on top of her belly as well. Besides the baby, Alexis was a little lonely. Ever since her Boo passed away, she's been alone. Her parents were drug addicts and haven't been very supportive of her for a very long time, so she gave up on any hope of that.

The girl's reply caused Alexis to raise an eyebrow. "If you guys are renting out a room...Why are you out looking for a house? Unless, you need a bigger house or something, I guess I can understand."

"Well, that's not a bad thing. But...How much are you charging for rent?" Alexis asked, cradling her belly. "I don't have much at my studio apartment, but I do need help moving it. All the small stuff, I can fit into my little SUV over there." As they walked back towards their cars, Alexis was met by a wave of pain before putting her hand on the hood of her car to keep herself from falling. Sadly, she was having contractions again...

Seventy-five a week sounded reasonable to Alexis, so perhaps she'd take up on that offer. When the girl asked if she was okay, she nodded. "I'm fine. My stomach just hurts." She replied, slowly getting back up. "So how would your boyfriend feel about a pregnant lady staying at the house...or a baby for that matter?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back