• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Getting Back to Your Roots

Hibiscus

Just Relaxing
Introduction

Dear Lonely Member,

We have noticed your interest in our singles retreat to the Love Cabins. This is our most exclusive opportunity as it is guaranteed that someone will find love. Whether or not that is you is a different story, but due to our generosity and care we have allowed you and 5 other members to receive a free trip. See you soon and may this trip prove that there is love for anyone.

Setting

The rp will begin with everyone stating their introductions as they drive up to the cabin. State your opinions, tell us about your car, what are you wearing, etc. The cabin itself is on beautiful lake Tahoe, Nevada. Its a private resort and you won't need to leave for anything beside the activities you will be placed in.

Plot

This is a singles retreat, therefor you are here to meet someone you find attractive. So enjoy the activities, all the beautiful nature, and hopefully make a connection you can take home with you.

The cabin at which you may stay at, but camping in tents will be mandatory at some point.

main_image_cabin.jpg

1. Fade to black and take it to a PM.

2. Don't force a love, its realistic. If people don't want to be with you, well, life's unfair.

3. Don't fall in love immediately, you might not realize it til the last day, but if you do fall on day one then you better have a great reason.

4. If you have something you need to tell me, I don't mind you using the in character, but don't spam it with OOC.

5. Put "The Great Outdoors" in your other please.

Monday, July 6th, 2014-

Today is your first day on the lodge, filled with unpacking, meeting new people, and sleeping from the exhaustion of arriving here. There will be no guides, no leaders, and no camp masters, only you singles left to your own devices. With a list of activities (Update Tab) and no linear dates for each, this camp is made for being able to date more then one person. But you know this as you read the brochure, back to the important stuff. Take today as a breather for everything to come, let a reserved you out today, and your wild side later. For this is first impressions, and you know what they say about first impressions.

((This was made for the sake of everyone to get their opinions out before the actual interactions begins. They all have to have a reason and like or dislike the place, I want to hear it. But y'all all know that so lets get this rp going, first post is one of y'all.))

Mira was sitting on her bed, unpacking her stuff. She had paper and pencils for drawing, a few manga's to read and a whole lot of time to spend with other guys. Mira gave a heavy sigh, looking around. She wasn't sure anyone would like her that much, seeing as she is a bit on the weird side of people. But who cares, if she can't find love here,

Might as well give up forever.

Car|Outfit|Luggage| Liona

Liona had just pulled up to the campsite of the place she'd be residing in for a while. While she unloaded the car of her one Louis Vuitton suitcase, matching Louis Vuitton duffel bag, her purse, her tent, and finally her 4 camera bags each filled with multiple cameras and their equipment. Just because she was on a trip didn't mean she would stop taking pictures. Her baby bump had yet to show since she was only 4 weeks pregnant but the blonde had a feeling it would show up soon so her mother packed her some maternity clothes alongside with her regular clothes.

She placed two camera bags on each shoulder, her duffel on top of her suitcase, and headed for the cabin.Within a matter of 15 minutes she was unpacked and ready to explore. She grabbed up one of her many camera bags and left the room. She walked outside and began to snap pictures of every intriguing thing she spotted.

She despised the idea of being forced to come here against her will, but would make the best out of this trip. Her anger began to arise once more as she remembered the events she went through earlier today. Her mother came into her apartment and awoke Liona out of her sleep claiming there was a emergency. Hearing the word emergency got Liona wide awake and alert, she literally jumped out of bed and was dressed 10 minutes later. Her mother then dragged her out her apartment and told Liona to drive to the camp she informed her about a week prior to today if she ever wanted the rest of her camera equipment to be safe. Liona was livid the majority of the drive to the site but calmed down when she was 10 miles away from her destination.

The woman bought herself back to reality and drew in a deep breath to release her anger. She then continued to look around and snap photographs.

(Sorry if I went overboard with my post and I made a mistake earlier when I was trying to figure out how to change the text for links and I winded up posting before I meant to. I'm super sorry! (; >.<))

Last edited by a moderator:
Dravin arrived at his cabin not knowing what to expect.He glanced around and thought to himself this isn't so bad. Dravin could't believe he talked himself into coming to this retreat.He chuckled and began unpacking and getting his cabin situated. He then shut his door and began putting his poster's of Asking Alexandria up all over his wall.He then put his headphones in his ears and turned Run Free by Asking Alexandria.He then put his pet snow on his neck and made his way toward the door and walked out to see what people were here.

Reilly arrived to the campgroud in a taxi. The driver's speech was quite slow, and Reilly had difficulty understanding the toll. Searching through his wallet for the right notes and coins, Reilly sat in the cab for longer than normal and he finally just pulled out a $20 note. "Keep the change lad." Nodding to the driver as he stepped out, Reilly walked to the back and opened the boot with the flick of his wrist, taking out his bag, Reilly closed the lid and walked away, rolling a single luggage behind him and towards the large log building.

Dravin not seeing anyone outside put snow on the ground to let him slither around for awhile. Dravin sat next to him as he slithered around dravin smiled and just watched him.He was amazing to watch move around.

Avi was ready for this retreat, for all his friends in the limo had high hopes for it. I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris could be heard from their the rolled down windows. The radio was off, but a constant flow of bass, lyrics, and beat could be heard from the voices in the car. As the car came to a halt so did the music, for the group knew Avi's plan. While he was world renowned he did not want to be with someone who liked him for this. "Kristie, Scott, Mitch, Kevin, I'll see y'all soon guys.".

With that he exited, taking a deep breath as he glanced at his surroundings. It was of course a forest with an adjoining lake and cabin for them. It was spacious and he had a grin as the place appealed to him more then he thought it would. Taking his luggage from the back he went straight for the door, not letting his eyes wander at whoever could be around. As he entered the building he noticed its layout, foyer, living room, and a kitchen all downstairs. And most likely all the rooms upstairs, along with probably a balcony and an attic. Avi headed up, picking a random room and opening the door. Inside was a girl in her early 20's with reddish hair, "Ah, sorry I should have knocked.". With that he closed the door and walked into the next one over.

((Bout to post the activity list, hopefully while I do this we can get some character interaction to get this moving.))

Mira looked up as she heard the door open. She looked up and saw a man who was, despite herself, quite handsome. He apologized and shut the door. She got up and walked to the door, opening it. She watched him head to the room next to her. She leaned against her doorway and looked at the room with interest in her eyes. She adjusted a lock of her hair, peering curiously at the door. She felt like she knew him from somewhere, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

Skyler pulls up to the cabin and looks around. She finds a parking space and climbs out of the car, looking at everyone that was already there. 'This should be fun... I mean... Everyone looks nice....' She thinks to herself. She goes to her trunk and grabs her duffle bag and suit case. She walks into the log cabin and looks around. "Nice place." She says to herself.

"Aw, come on, Cade." One of Casey's squad members and 'friend' whined. "It won't be that bad."

"Do you hear me complaining?" Casey snapped and shot a look at the pilot next to her. She turned her head again and looked out the window as they drove towards the camp. "It's just that I can find a man on my own, I did that the first time and a camp makes me sound desperate. Do you understand where I'm going?"

"Cade." Fighter pilot, Benjamin Colt, sighed as he pulled into the campsite with the big military land rover. "Look, I know that you aren't over Porter yet, but you can't stay up in the air forever, get your head out of the clouds."

"Don't talk about Porter." Casey said and leaned over her seat to grab her duffle bag from the back. "I got over him a long time ago, just like I got over Mace's death. We're just soldiers, nothing more. We all die in the end anyway."

Colt signed again and rubbed his temples after parking the truck. He leaned over Casey and opened the door for her, forcing her out of her seat. "Stop being so negative and find a dude or girl, whatever, as long as it's not a soldier. Find someone simple, who does something like... I don't know, something as stupid as bar tending, I don't care, but if you come out of this empty handed, I'll paint you jet pink. Clear?"

Casey mocked a salute and jumped out of the truck, slamming the door shut. Benjamin saluted her before he drove away. Casey adjusted her bag on her shoulder and stood there in the field, waiting until the green truck was gone. Once the vehicle disappeared, she clicked her tongue and sighed. This was so not something that she wanted to do, but she had too... Unless she wanted to fly in a pink jet, which was like the girl's nightmare.

Casey looked up at the wooden cabin and walked in, finding her room before she started unpacking. She was expecting to unpack a couple of cargo pants and her usual white t-shirts with combat boots, but instead she unpacked tight jeans, some nice looking shirts, heels, a pair of sneakers, swimming clothes and some sexy lingerie. Casey was biting her tongue in annoyance, she was going to kill her squad when she got back home. She was going to make the next training a living hell for them. Now the only military clothes she had were the once she was wearing.

"Great." Casey huffed and dropped herself on the bed, covering her face with one arm.

Dravin noticing everyone arriving picked up snow and headed to his room to return him to his bed. Dravin then left his room once more and went and sat in the living room.

Reilly wheeled his luggage towards the main door, pausing for a moment to view the scenery before continuing onto the main door and opened it with a creak and he peered inside. Sighing, he walked around with the loud rollers, exploring the area and enjoying the sights.

Avi was getting situated, unpacking all of his clothes into the drawers and such. He removed a picture of his friends and placed it on the night stand near his bed side. With this he heard a door open, most likely the one next to him. Avi put some more things away, emptying his suitcase completely before looking outside his door. Glancing, he met eyes with the girl before stepping out fully. "I should have introduced myself first before leaving, I'm Avi Kaplan." He extended his hand to the girl, who was surprisingly leaning in her door way, seemingly dumb struck.

Mira smiled and shook his hand. "Mira Vilveta." She said, shaking his hand. The name rang a bell in her head and she recognized him, but she though he would rather be treated like a human rather than having someone mentioning that they might have watched him once or twice for a friend. Not to mention that it is a bit creepy.

Skyler walks into an empty room and places her things on the bed. She begins to put all of her things away neatly. When she finishes she walks back out of the room and glances around, noticing a girl and a guy talking. Her fingers through through her hair before she walks past them going into the living room and sitting on the couch.

Dravin looks over at a girl that sat on the couch not to far from him and he waves. He then thinks to himself about the reasons he came to the camp.

"It's a pleasure Mira." He gave his wryly smile before turning releasing her hand. "I still have some unpacking, but I'm sure I will see you around here." He chuckled and went back to his room, shutting his door lightly. With the door closed he began to wonder if she recognized him for she had that glint in her eyes. Or was that something else, either way he dismissed the thought. With his guitar in his hands he strummed lightly just to make sure it was on tune in case he needed to serenade a girl.

Liona noticed people arriving at the camp but Liona simply continued her mini adventure. She strolled along a dirt road leading deeper into the forest surrounding the cabin. She took photographs of the birds she saw and their nests. Before walking towards the lake. It was beautiful how the sun twinkled ever so gently on the ripples of the surface of the clear clean blue water. It was like magic took and brought the place to life. She took a photo of the water before deciding it was time to head back and see what else there was to experience and witness on the retreat.

She re-entered the cabin and decided to check out the living room. There she saw a man with Raven colored hair and contrastingly striking carmel colored eyes. Liona also saw a woman sitting nearby on the couch. She had sun kissed colored hair like her own. Liona approached the two while keeping her professional aura. "Hello, I'm Liona Summers. Nice to meet you both." She stated politely yet simply with a smile upon her face. She decided that she might as well make a few acquaintances on this trip.

Skyler looks up and smiles slightly at the girl. "My name is Skyler Myles." She says, and runs her fingers through her hair. She stands up and looks over at the guy who had waved at her. "Pleasure to meet you." She says softly.

Dravin looks up at the the girl "hi my names dravin' he say shyly.He then looks back down and puts his hand on the back of his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back