General Discussion [Lords of Summer]

Clearly, the SIFRP rules will need to be adapted somewhat to work as a PbP game. I'd be interested in feedback and ideas.

My thoughts so far are as follows:

• I'd like to stick to the rules presented in the book as closely as possible, to set consistent expectations and avoid excessive house ruling. At the same time, I'd like to keep dice rolling minimal. To that end, I will request dice rolls when I deem them necessary, but otherwise I may just make judgments based on a character's stats where it's more expedient.
  • Destiny Points will be spendable as normal, but I would like players to get pre-approval for any plot-altering uses. Also, I would like to extend the use of Destiny Points to allow players to control the actions of NPCs in their posts, again with prior approval.
  • I'm a bit stuck on House Fortunes. In the RAW, they are supposed to happen once per month of game time, but I can see the possibility of different characters' narratives happening at different paces, so I don't know that it will be easy to pinpoint when a month has transpired. Does anyone have suggestions?

Do you guys have any additional concerns, or need anything else clarified?

I think that one of the issues might be the number of active threads at one. If we each have our own active thread at once, that might be a lot of activity. You might just want to have 1-2 characters active at a time, then switch to another main character once one thread ends.

At the same time, that leaves the people who aren't active out, rendering them unable to really interact. Maybe a thread for the castle, the surrounding lands, etc?

Well, my Septa could be in either or both threads if I didn't have my own active thread. The whole concern would be that if we had 6 characters and 6 active threads, who would interact with who? But if you have 2 threads, you could have 2-5 characters in each thread, all interacting and following the main's plotline.

Thing is, as I've said before, there is no plotline except that which you create.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back