• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gates of Arcania {Lore}

ArcaneDreamer

The Absent-Minded Daydreamer
NOTE: Please don't post on here! If you came up with some lore that I saw and approve of, please send it to me and I will put it up and credit you. Also, this thread is going to be updated as we go, so check back here whenever we enter a new area in the RP!

CS: Gates of Arcania {CS}
OOC: Gates of Arcania {OOC}
IC: Gates of Arcania
A Very Brief History
The people of Earth didn't always scoff at the idea of magic. Once, towards the beginning of its creation, it was connected to a vibrant and miraculous land called Arcania - a world where magic was a common, everyday aspect of life, and Deities looked over the mortals.
At various locations of the two worlds, the magic that made up Arcania and the stabilty that governed Earth overlapped each other and intertwined, creating what was commonly known as Gates - passageways that allowed the people of one side to cross over. Because of this, the two worlds coexisted peacefully, for they were able to share their bounties - Arcania's magic and freedom for Earth's peace and order. And for centuries, all was well.
But one day, for reasons lost to time, the Gates that once welcomed travelers from both realms suddenly disappeared - the people of Earth and the people of Arcania could no longer see nor be blessed by the other. On Earth, enraged by the loss of magic, the people blamed each other. They waged wars in futile searches of revenge, and thus the world lost its revered peace. Meanwhile, Arcania's magic, no longer held in check by Earth's order, became volatile. It spawned creatures that brought untold destruction and misery, and the people eschewed their unimpeded freedom for the sake of safety.
The sole reason neither realm has utterly destroyed itself in the following reign of chaos was the existence of the Outsiders - a group of people who share the rare ability to travel between Earth and Arcania without a Gate. In the wake of the Gates' disappearance and the outbreaks of violence in both realms, a lone Deity - now simply called The Outsider Deity - gave a blessing to the Outsiders as an eternal gift: The sole, defining Trait of each person shall become a Power that is unique to themselves. Encouraged by the Deity, Outsiders of both worlds set out to restore their homes - those who dwelled on Earth used their Traits to become leaders of many fields and paved roads to peace that had been forgotten, while those who ventured out into Arcania wielded their Powers to combat the monsters and win back the abandoned freedom.
Millennia of this have now passed, and the two worlds show signs of healing. In the pursuit of peace, Earth forgot its counterpart, embracing logic and giving birth to an age of technology - thus filling the void that the absence of magic had left behind. Arcania, while it hasn't forgotten about its counterpart (due to the fact that the few Outsiders that still exist are descendents of Earth-born Outsiders), still intermingles with its ever-changing magic - utilizing it against the very creatures that once made them cower.
Despite this miraculous recovery, fate does not like a simple, happy ending. Something is coming. Something old. Something long forgotten.
The question is... will it reunite or shatter the two estranged worlds?

Last edited:
Ridera City*The main city in which everyone lives*

Locations of Note

• A brand new recreation center located in the center of town.
    For some reason, not many people know about it, despite its numerous promotional events...
    Associated People
    N/A

Last edited:
ArcaniaA world filled with magic and monsters. Each part of the world (Regions) has a particular focus on certain kinds of magic.
RegionsThere are seven in total.

{As you attempt to find the information that Victoria apparently gathered about Arcania, you instead find a sticky note. You start reading it.}

Victoria -
Ahhh! I'm really sorry, but I lost my notes about the Regions of Arcania! There was an incident with my magic, and there was a fire, and-- you get the idea.
Well, looks like I'll just have to write them back up as we see the world together, guys!
Adventure time~!

{... You can't help but wonder how in world this person is still alive and functioning, and if it's actually a good idea to rely on her.}

OutsidersA special group of people who can travel between Arcania and Earth. As they are technically not actual disciples of the Outsider Deity, each one is free to do whatever they wish. In recent years, most of the remaining 'Natural' Outsiders are both Earth-borne and cruel - enjoying things that end up inflicting harm on Arcania and generally not caring about that world's wellbeing.

A List of Important Terms
Outsider TermsBeing Seen: Being caught using magic or Traveling by a non-Outsider on Earth
Travel: The act of teleporting between Earth and Arcania
Path: A temporary portal an Outsider creates when Traveling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back