• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Gas Masked Survival

Milo A Beilschmidt

We all need a little boost from our inspirations.
Year 2567. It has finally come. The world has been polluted. Thanks to a company who works with the most dangerous gas for some unknown reason. The air is thick with poisonous gas. Animals, plants are no longer in sight. But if there are animals, most likely dogs, cats, rodents, they would have man-made masks for them. Only places you can actually breathe in clean oxygen are man-made underground mines or caves. Above ground is really dangerous. It has infected creatures. It has alien like creatures who would come from different area. This isn't the Earth we live in anymore. It's one of the hellish places on the entire Universe. It's usually never safe.

People who are lucky has lived in a really big spaceship out in space with clean food, water, real home-like shelters. They would call themselves the Terrians, because of the ship being called Terria. People who still live on 'Earth' are most likely be called the Outsiders of Planet Earth. Oh, what a world we live in. Only thing we have to do is survive. And remember. Always bring a gas mask with you.

(ONLY 1-3 PEOPLE CAN JOIN! PLEASE! I don't really want a crowded rp. I can just go make another one. Also, don't join if you're not going to be active all the time. There can be the time where we would pause like the time where we would need our sleep or when we have school or any other events. I also don't really want to have to waste this rp... I haven't roleplayed in a while so... Yea. You have a choice to either join in and stay as long as you can or just don't join.)

(Please write your bio on the character place.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Setting: Night Time. Still Dark. At the abandon hospital. Above ground.

START OF ROLEPLAY:

Target sat against the wall, staring at her reflection from her knife. She listened to her breathing. Her mask covering her entire face as she breathe in her own breath. She hasn't been to the underground areas where she can just take a huge gulp of clean air. She still stayed above ground, wandering. Killing. Surviving on her own. She sighed, wondering what she should do.

Suddenly, she heard voices. They sounded like muffled noises. Finally. But what if... She quietly wandered off, trying to find the voices. She really hope they're good people. Maybe they're trying to get to the underground for safety. Maybe... She hopes that they're not raiders or one of those thieves who would loot and steal for food, shelter, etc. She grab hold on to her knife, walking down the hallways. She hears nothing but people chatting, her breathing, and the tapping from her boots.

Cold, it was the best way to describe the weather. This place was always emotionally and physically cold, possibly because all the negative energy every single living thing emmited from here. He moved his mask around a bit, making it fit the perfect way so when in battle it wouldn't fall and it would mean his death and humiliation of not dying at least by the tip of another persons sword. Jonathan was walking around the upper ground, looking around places to scavenge. Then, he heard faint voices, and the sound of breathing trough the thick filters of the mask.

A chance to scavenge, even if it meant to kill anyone in there. He peeked inside the building, looking at a faint shadow that appeared to be sneaking around, of that of a girl, ut he ignored it. There were three males, with backpacks fulled of supplies, chatting and talking about men talk, even tough we were so much from modern times, they had to be talking about sex. Jonathan waited a little, before bursting trough the window, running to the door and smashing a head of one with the baseball bat. Dead, he grabbed his body and used it as a meat shield, the other two shooting at the body, while he pulled out his sidearm and shot at the gas mask of one.

The filtered air started to pour out like poking a hole in a watter bottle, him dying slowly. The other friend tried to help him, then, bam, another one dead. A clean shot to the head. He threw the meat shield away and began to run to the backpacks, stacking in supplies from whatever the dead bodies had.

Target runs across the hall to head to the other side. She could see a figure passing by and the light coming from the men shining towards her direction. Before they could say a word, someone attacked them. Target is surprised but kept quiet and low. Out of their sight. A little shocked to find them dead on the ground, she mutter under her breath. She tighten her mask, making sure it secured her nose and mouth before bringing out her other knifes from her pocket. She sets them aside just in case. She looked around for whoever or whatever attacked them.

She couldn't speak up. She couldn't quite make out who the person is. She sees that person run for the bags. Her eyes widen as she stands up, trying to be quiet as possible. Hoping that he or she doesn't noticed.

Jonathan threw his bag away, starting to look even more deeply into the bags of the dead people, pushing their corpses aside. He also put the gun aside, it rumbling with only a few bullets left. Cans of food, bottled watter and ammo for his guns was all he found, aside from clothes that filled most of the bag, that didn't fit him at all. He found a few clean gas mask filters tough, that were the key to his survival, since he couldn't use the same filter forever, they'd be fed up way too much with the toxins in the air en eventually choke him to death, that wasn't something he'd like.

Then, he heard a few steps, tilting his head and clenching his fists, he saw a girl, or atleast what seemed like one. Maybe the same shadow lurking earlier. He tried to reach for his gun, then noticed it was thrown away, alongside his bag where the bat dangled from and the sniper was tied in. He turned around completely, lifting his hands and crouching down
''Do not kill, I give share, please.'' his thick, russian accent said.

She breathed heavily but softly. She didn't want to do anything stupid that could probably get herself killed. Well, she just hope that the person is okay. Hell has been following her, obviously, but after what she just saw... She only hope luck is on her side. It's not always there. She stood, showing herself and slowly walked towards him.

After Target heard that person speak, she relaxed a little. Still keeping her guard up. She replied, "Hello. I'm sorry. Um. Don't worry. I don't kill unless I have a reason to. I'm not planning on killing anyone today... Or is it night?" She mumbled the last part. Soon noticing his thick accent. "I was about to go talk to those guys, but I guess it's fine if they're just on the ground. Not. Moving." She practically thought of face palming because of what she just said. She sighed, "Er... You said you would share, right? If that's alright with you. I mean you did... Manage to just go and went after them." She stopped, standing a few feet away from him. Just so they can have their own space.

"Er... You said you would share, right? If that's alright with you. I mean you did... Manage to just go and went after them." the girl said, who he was now sure she was a girl since of her feminine voice, or just some really screwed up man. Jonathan was not very happy of this fact, he tought she'd have a gun or something similar, instead she just had knife, what a dissapointment. He sighed, and reach for their bags, throwing half of what he had found, quite depressed of the fact he had lost half of his earning due to this little girl. ''You have half, now go, I no want problem, or I kill.''

Target sighed, deciding to just grab the bags. "Thanks... I guess... Er..." She is clearly ignoring what he said about killing when she just had to asked, "Are you alone? It has been a while since I have talked to someone, by the way. And I just had to ask someone. Besides..." She pat on her pockets, feeling her knives. "If you want to head underground, I know where the entrances are. You seem to be doing just fine out here, but it's better underground. Just a suggestion."

The girl suggested him to go underground, and asked him if he was alone. ''Of course I alone, do I look like guy with someone else? Friendship no exist anymore, you kill or you be killed. Underground is bad, sooner or later will collapse, everyone die, I don't risk life.'' Jonathan said, sure, as cold as a human heart could reach, but, he never liked living underground, even if it had the benefit of having clear air, that didn't bother him, at all. ''I live in bunker, you come, drink coffee, then leave, ask all question there.'' his voice said, while his body slowly got up on foot and he got his backpack up from the floor, now leaving it dangling in is shoulder.

''Hurry, this area is not good. Very monsters around here.'' Jonathan began to pick up the pace, vaulting over the broken window and signaling the girl to follow him.

She lift her hands up in surrender. She doesn't seem to mind the "cold" tone coming from him. "Alright. Alright... Just wondering. There's no-" She heard the growls coming from the distance and she hurried over to him when he said to follow him. She pulled her hood over her mask, keeping a short distance from him. "Bloody brilliant." She mumbled when she spots a figure slowly walking around endlessly. Not noticing them... Yet.

Lotte hadn't been planning to go see that abandoned building, but she heard some sort of commotion coming from it and just had to check it out! She waited a moment, and decided to proceed when a minute had gone by without gunfire. She began walking towards the building, looking around and humming a tune to herself as she walked. She froze up when she heard the growling. Crap. She was not a fighter, and the gun on her back was for show only. Well, she thought, this is the part where I run. She dashed towards the building, figuring her chances were better in there than out here. She would yell for help, but she figured it was better to keep quiet than to attract the attention of whatever was lurking around.

They began to run, towards the bunker. It was just around the corner, yet the path seemed infinite, probably because of the tension of having growling monsters on your neck. They finally arrived, he opened the sealed door and introduced her in, slamming the door and boarding it up. He started panting, tired of the short running, but the cold made the sweat seem infernal. Jonathan walked to hte table, ''Sit down. I make coffee.''

Target sighed in relief as she looks around. She arranged her bag, finding a chair and sat. She thought about the creature back there, thinking about what it is. She waited a bit, glancing around once again. She hummed to herself, having her hand in her other pocket. Feeling for her harmonica, she kept her hand in her pocket.

Lotte kept running until she reached the building. She stopped a moment to listen. She still heard the growling, but it sounded far away. She had escaped, and would be safe for now. She sat down, coughing softly into her elbow. She used to love running, but the air now made it close to impossible to run even short distances. She looked around, and it took her to realize that there were... corpses lying around. She went to go look through their stuff, but there wasn't any stuff to look through. It had all been taken. So, she thought, people were here recently... She wasn't sure if she should go after them or not, but she decided to take a moment to catch her breath first.

He slowly poured the coffee, making the best he ever could. His mother teached him to do the best coffee possible, so that's what he made. Pouring it in a cup, adding a bit of sugar and putting the cup infront of her, and sitting down with his own cup. He quickly remembered he had to do something, so he got up and sealed completely the door, before turning on a oxygen reserve, and filling the room with clear air, at the cost of a gask mask filter. Walking slowly, he got nearly an inch close of the girls face, taking off her mask ''Air is clear, no waste filter.'' then sitting down. Jonathan took a light sip, before looking directly at her eyes and asking ''Why are you so interested in me? Normal person shoot me there, do you need something of me?''

She took a big gulp of air, relaxing back. "That's better." She says with a clear polite British accent.

"Alright then.... Well... To answer your question... It's actually my job to find survivors, give them advice and such... So it is why I seem quite interested in you and even those men back there?"
She carefully picked up the cup. She's not really a coffee drinker, but at least she gets to take a short break after surviving for years and years. "I'm just here in behalf of the..." She clears her throat. "Never mind. They hardly matter anymore..." She takes a few sips before setting the cup down.

After resting until she felt better, Lotte stood back up. She saw steps leading... somewhere? She wasn't sure where, but she might as well follow them. Footprints usually disappeared quickly, because of the wind, so if she was going to follow them, now was the time. She also noted that there were two sets of prints, so two people. She thought it best to be cautious. She could hardly take one person in a fight on a good day, let alone two. She walked along, and came to a big something. It didn't really look door-ish, but it was where the footsteps stopped, so it had to lead somewhere. "H-hello?" she said, hesitantly. She didn't want to yell, in case something was lurking around, though she thought it possible that she was too quiet and no one heard her. A little louder, maybe at speaking volume, she said "Is anyone around?"

"Never mind. They hardly matter anymore..." What the girl had said didn't help him at all, yet he acted like it did. He felt very bad that she had rejected his coffee, each one he made it could be said it had ''love'' in it, but, oh well. Then, he heard a faint voice outside the door. He rushed and opened it, looking at the girl outside, missing an eye. ''Who are you?''

She looked up from her coffee, hearing someone outside. Target watched the guy stand. She stayed where she is and kept her helmet under her arm. She rest it on her hip. She listened silently for the voice again. Waiting.

Lotte squealed when the door opened, very surprised that there had actually been someone there. "U-um..." she stuttered. The person who had opened the door looked scary, but he hadn't tried to hurt her yet, so he couldn't be too bad, right? She was still a little scared though. She took a deep breath and smiled. "Hi! I'm Lotte. Who're you??"

''My name is not important, you should not seem friendly. Get in and we talk.'' he said, nervous about opening the door for way too much. He saw a creature turnign around, looking directly at the bunker, and he pushed the girl inside, sealing the door. ''Sit down, no talking loud, creature hear'' he went to sit down, once again, staring blankly at the white roof of the bunker.

She pouted at that treatment. He seemed okay, but he was pretty rough around the edges. She took a seat and looked around. So there were more animals around. I guess it's a good thing I found this place. She looked back at the person who let her in, who had sat down as well. "Aw, c'mon. At least tell me what your name is... and, what is this place anyways?" It took her a second to notice that there was another person in the room with them. Lotte turned towards her. "Oh! I didn't realize there was another person in here."

Target examined the new stranger. The first thing that comes to mind. The wandering creature that could still be out there. As the girl walked in, she observed her. She took a moment, not really paying attention much when the girl saw her. She went to grab her cup to take a sip of coffee.

A small frown crossed Lotte's face. Some company... too serious and too quiet! She turned towards the other person, not the one who answered the door. "So, what's your name?" It was a big pain not knowing even who anyone was. "And, uh, what's that you're drinking?" If it was coffee or tea, or even just hot water, she didn't care. She'd been outside for far too long, and could really use a warm drink.

''We drink coffe, my name is something I don't tell people. Learn if I give trust.'' he said, a lower tone that earlier. Jonathan got up from his seat, giving her another cup of coffee, the one that was left, giving the girl also a dozen packs of sugar, she seemed way too energetic for the situation they were in, so he figured she had quite the sweettooth. ''What do we do now?''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back