• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Gangs of Birmingham - IC Thread [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
The Royal Hotel
- Birmingham, England -
- Monday 1st December 1975 -

Dorothy Fletcher
ff300bf5d0836aca3b7f31e6ec239efa.jpg

It all unfolded with dizzying speed. One moment, it was a mundane dinner, albeit one Dorothy endured for the sake of her children. But then came the sudden eruption of gunshots. "Rory!" she cried, anguish lacing her voice as she watched her daughter take a bullet in the shoulder. Tony's urgent command to take cover spurred Dorothy into action. She reached for her daughter, guiding her to safety with as much care as she could muster. Meanwhile, Julia was already by Rory's side, staunching the bleeding with makeshift bandages. Across the chaos, Dorothy locked eyes with Robert, a fleeting reassurance passing between them before she refocused on tending to her wounded child, the brief relief of his safety buried beneath her maternal concern.

Rory made a move to rise, but Julia's firm insistence made her freeze in place. Dorothy reinforced the command with her own stern words, "Not today, Rory!" Her voice wavered slightly as she inspected her daughter's shoulder. "Is there an exit wound?" she inquired, hastily gathering whatever she could find to staunch the bleeding. Julia attempted to locate the wound, but Rory's pained groan brought tears to Dorothy's eyes. When her daughter-in-law inquired about her well-being, Dorothy nodded silently, taking a deep breath. "Yes, yes, I should be asking you, dear," she replied, scanning Julia for any signs of injury before refocusing her attention on Rory.

"And we can thank God for that, hmm? And the fact that you’re going to be alright," she whispered to her daughter, mustering a smile despite the storm of anger raging inside her. "Just hold on. We’ll get out of here," Dorothy assured both girls before scanning their surroundings, the unrelenting chaos amplifying the pounding of her heart in her chest.

Tony... Where had Tony disappeared to? And Sully? "Where is Sully?" she voiced aloud, peering above the table they huddled beside. With the gunfire silenced, she was determined to find her other children. "Julia, Rory... stay here, stay here…" she instructed breathlessly. Before she could advance further, rising from the glass-littered floor, Robert was already approaching the table.

With vigilant eyes tracking his every move, Dorothy's protective instincts surged, positioning herself in front of Julia and Rory, her chin held high. Though she didn't view Robert as an immediate threat to her family, given the recent chaos, Dorothy remained on high alert. Despite her tension, Robert placed a towel within her reach on the table.

She remained silent as he reassured Rory, her expression stern, her bottom lip pressed into a firm line to stave off its trembling. Grasping the towel, she turned back to Julia, her gaze fixed on Rory. "Rory, you need to hold as still as you can. Julia, press this tight, and don’t let up until the ambulances arrive. I don’t want either of you moving from this spot until you see a medic. Do you both understand?" She awaited their acknowledgment, whether through a nod or verbal affirmation. "Right," Dorothy exhaled finally, disregarding the small dribbles of blood from the cuts on her palms caused by the glass on the floor. "I need to find Sully and Tony."

Casting one final glance at the girls, she hastened towards the bar where she had previously spotted Sully. Navigating through the cluttered ballroom, now adorned with shattered glass, toppled chairs, and ominous stains of blood, Dorothy edged closer with urgency.
was with: Julia + Rory neverbackdown neverbackdown
walking towards: Bar with Misty Gray Misty Gray ; BeyondDandy BeyondDandy
open for interaction

The Royal Hotel
- Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham -

Caroline Walker

1712524521693-png.1155621
Despite Richard responding to her comment about the Walker men's weaknesses to women, Caroline could see he was struggling. His face looked pale and sickly, which concerned her greatly. When he trailed off, unable to finish his next sentence, she quickly knelt up and shifted to look him head on. "Hey. Richard!" she used a stern tone to try commanded his attention. Will one hand still pressing the towel against his thigh, she brought her free hand to his face, lightly hitting his cheek to trying snap him back to reality. Instead, he barely said her name before losing consciousness. "Richard!" she called loudly called out.

Meanwhile, the police officers finally began filtering into the room, cautiously checking all areas to ensure there was no longer an active threat. When the familiar man, Sergeant Mitchell, rounded the stage, Caroline snapped her head up to look at him. "Where's the bloody ambulances?" she angrily asked.

"Mrs. Walker, we need to confirm the scene is secure before allowing the medical teams inside," Sergeant Mitchell informed her.

"It's secure. All clear. Now quit wasting bloody time and let them inside, damn it!" she angrily told him. "And then, you need to find Tony Fletcher and arrest the bastard. He's behind all of this. I guarantee it. It's time you lot finally dealt with him." With the man quickly rushing away to let the medical teams inside, Caroline focused back on Richard. She grabbed another towel and draped it over the front of him, trying to warm him up as much as she could. "Richard. Wake up! I have a controversial opinion you're going to want to correct me on," she firmly assured him. She placed the palm of her hand on his forehead, feeling the cold sweat on his skin. This time, the slap to the side of his face was harder as she became more desperate to try wake him. "Richard! Come on," she desperately commanded him.

With Caroline: ReverseTex ReverseTex (Richard)

Last edited:
The Royal Hotel

Robert and Felicity Walker

1712524508924-png.1155620
Not knowing what had happened to her family was bringing fresh worry to Felicity. She wasn't sure how much longer she could keep hiding without knowing their fate. Sully's silent shrug told her nothing, but at the same time did tell her one thing. He was likely going through the same thoughts and feelings; concerned about his own family. When he moved to get up, the movement was clearly painful, prompting her to look up at his face. She saw that the pain appeared to be in his thigh. There was no blood, so she could only assume he'd pulled a muscle or hurt his leg in some other way whilst disarming the gunman.

Sully hadn't taken her gratitude the way she expected he would. Instead, he asked her a question before telling her to be real for once. She had been about to follow suit and get up to her feet, but his words had somehow hurt her. Most of her life had been spent being told what to do and who to be. Even when she made her parents proud by dancing, she found her peers judged and belittled her instead. She could never relax around anyone, to the point where she couldn't even relax with herself. She'd learned long ago to hide her feelings so as not to appear weak. She had to maintain a stoic front at all times to prove she was capable and strong.

Hearing Sully call out to someone to alert them to her location, Felicity snapped out of her thoughts in time to accept his helping hand. She nodded at his gentle reassurance as she stood up. Despite the issues she'd had with her father after finding out about his affairs, she couldn't be more glad to see Robert in that moment. Her attention was briefly drawn back to Sully when he whispered for her to remember the opportunity they'd both discussed before the chaos kicked off. "I won't forget," she quietly confirmed as she nodded her head. She then moved out from behind the bar and greeted her father with a tight embrace. A rare gesture between father and daughter. "Is everyone okay?" she asked, still hugging him.

"Richard took a bullet in the leg, but everyone else is unharmed," Robert informed her. He placed a kiss on the top of her head, glad she was safe, but also to reassure her. When the two broke away from the embrace, Robert fixed his eyes on Sully, unsure what to think about finding them together.

"One of them grabbed me and had a gun to my head. Sully helped me and took the man down," she explained."I don't know what would have happened if he hadn't intervened."

1712524533620-png.1155622
"It's okay, Felicity. It's over now and you've done well," he firmly told her, knowing she wouldn't want to get too upset at that moment. He then looked to the other man. "Thank you for stepping up," Robert gratefully told Sully, sending him an amicable nod. His attention once more shifted to Felicity as he could see her struggling to hold back on her emotions. It would do neither of them any good and he knew she would prefer to hold it together in public. If he knew her as well as he believed he did, she'd soon be blaming herself for what had been out of her control. Therefore, he decided to direct her to where she had control. "You should check on your staff, Felicity. Make sure they're all okay and not too shaken up. Manage the situation," he gently but firmly suggested.

Felicity had sent Sully another grateful glance before walking out to the lobby to find any of her employees who may need her reassurance. Robert was then able to focus his attention on Sully. "Rory took a bullet to the shoulder, but I'm certain she'll be alright," he informed him. "Everyone else was unharmed." He then thought about Tony, who had rushed outside after the gunmen. Unlike Caroline, Robert was being more open-minded about who was behind the attack. Even if the eldest Fletcher sibling had yet to show his face inside again. "Tony was seen--" Robert began to mention Tony had followed the gunmen outside, but he was cut short when he noticed Dorothy approaching them. The red dress she wore so well was the only red he wanted to see around them now.

"Dorothy, is... Are you okay?" he asked, noticing the urgency as she approached. He stepped aside a little, expecting she'd be relieved to find Sully in one piece. Other than some blood on her hands, which he was sure Dorothy was capable of handling, Robert was relieved she hadn't been caught up in the attack. Of course, Rory hadn't been so lucky, but he was sure the girl would be okay. He was an observant man, so he knew that only left Tony of Dorothy's family unaccounted for. "I understand Tony gave chase to the gunmen outside. Has anyone seen him since?"

With Felicity/Robert at the bar: BeyondDandy BeyondDandy (Sully) Bellz Bellz (Dorothy)

Last edited:
The Royal Hotel
- Birmingham, England -
Misty Gray Misty Gray

Dr. Richard Finley
1777b6f30754b4a9b8a673db7cfa2f90.jpg

Richard slowly came to his senses, albeit a bit foggy and dazed, following Caroline’s shouting. His eyes were slow to open, letting his ears do the work. He heard more footsteps, and finally, help had arrived. Caroline’s continued bickering with the Sergeant was no surprise, even her insidious claim of Tony’s involvement. Even though his brain was back, his body was slow to cooperate. The aggressive slap did the trick, shocking his body to restart itself again.

He stirred, eyes opening lazily as if disturbed by a catnap. “Can’t a man take a nap these days in peace?” Sighing, he let his body go limp again even though he was awake. “It’s just shock, dear. It’ll take more than a bloody bullet to the leg to take me out.”

0xAoxVv.png
f04f35d72f5100e819f88f1c2eabff14.gifView attachment 1158764
Jackie Walker - fundraiser/exit - tony, ramon, malcolm, scott neverbackdown neverbackdown

Jackie never really felt bad, he had pulled the trigger before but it definitely hit different now the whole family of Beth was crying as her brother announced him dead.
It felt sort of intrusive, he wasn´t supposed to be here but he was.
A hand on his shoulder made him flinch before realizing it was Scott and being sort of happy to see him. Robert had not told him anything about being cut out yet so Jackie was just happy he didn´t have to call for him to come over.

Jackie nodded when he asked him to come along, finally some real action. Those Fletchers really deserved some payback.
Before turning around and walking through the exit Scott pointed too, he gave Beth an apologetic look. He would send her some flowers next week.

'What are you fucking on about?' He asked, happy he was finally getting some fresh air. It really felt like he was about to pass out standing there. The adrenaline was still pumping through his body as the two spotted some very familiar faces.
They overheared the guy on the ground talking just as they arrived, Scott gave him a curious look but Jackie was already reaching for the back of his jeans even though he had totally forgot they were heavily secured tonight.

Scott turned to him to confirm if he was one of the shooters but Jackie didn't see anyone but the guy who shot the mayor and mentioned something to Beth.
They looked alike and all Jackie could think about right now was shooting a bullet through Tony Fletcher's head for killing his best friend.

The one who was not Tony Fletcher turned around, Jackie didn't know him nor did he had any desire too. He looked guilty, sticking his hands up and he looked a bit nervous. Jackie looked him up and down, he was unarmed too which would make it a fair fight although Jackie didn't like fighting fair, spotting some glass on the ground nearby just in case.

Jackie scanned the two gentlemen up and down even though Tony still stood with his back towards him. A fucking coward.
Jackie spit on the ground, acting a hundred precent on impulses at this point. Just like how they went to the Fletcher's pub although that difference was that Jackie came prepared. He was not a fist-fight kind of person, work smarter not harder.

'Malcom Murray, I'm sorry for the shit circumstances but we'll give you guys a three second headstart,' Jackie teased, 'since when do you need someone to talk for you?' He doubled down, talking to Tony Fletcher. Jackie gave a quick look towards Scott, for a moment he had some clarity, they stumbled onto a goldmine.
'How's Rory? I would like to thank her for the blue eye she gave me, feisty woman,' Jackie said with a slight smile, hoping he'd make one of them break although that would seem impossible with Tony, this Malcolm guy gave him opening and he wouldn't be Jackie if he didn't take that oppurtinity with both hands.

The Royal Hotel

Tony Fletcher and Scott Ashworth

1712524490266-png.1155618
Tony sent Malc a puzzled look when he heard him talking about the scene not being what it looked like. He turned his head to look over his shoulder where he saw Jackie and Scott standing. Presumably they were both there to assist in apprehending the gunman who had taken part in shooting at the Walkers and the Mayor. That would be a logical assumption. Malc explained the situation to the men, explaining how they caught one of the shooters but the other escaped.

Scott eyed Jackie as the man seemed to be getting overexcited about the situation. Perhaps this was why Robert wanted him away from the drugs business, if Jackie was anything to go by. Was his high right now? He had to be to be doing what he was in that moment. Jackie was more interested in baiting Tony into a fight than catching the attackers who had shot at his own family. Scott looked at Malc as the man explained the situation, telling them how Rowan kept lying and was being held until the police arrived. Either that was the truth or Tony was the dumbest man on Earth for not letting the gunman flee. Not that he could trust the Fletchers. But he did trust basic logic and reason. What would Tony have to gain by handing over one of his own men to the cops, if that was the case?

When Jackie started talking about head starts and addressed him directly about Rory, Tony glared at the man. "You're really doing this now, are ya?" he asked Jackie. "Keep an eye on him," Tony asked Malc to make sure Rowan still take an opportunity to escape. "If you hadn't noticed, I'm a bit busy keeping hold of one of the guys who just attacked our families. Breaking your nose isn't high on my agenda right now, so back the fuck off," Tony warned Jackie. He glanced at Scott but his attention was soon drawn elsewhere as he saw four police officers marching towards them, along with a security guard who was pointing Rowan out to them.

th.pngTony stepped aside as two of the cops rushed to apprehend Rowan, cuffing his hands behind his back before dragging him to his feet to read him his rights. After some angry swearing and resisting, Rowan calmed down to stare at Tony. "Are you arresting my boss too?" he asked, nodding in Fletcher's direction.

"Give it a rest. They're not bloody idiots," Tony scoffed at Rowan, shaking his head at the absurdity.

Sergeant Mitchell let out a frustrated sigh. Despite Caroline's demands and Rowan's question, he knew he had to be open-minded. Still, the suspicion was stacking up and given his run-ins with the Fletchers, it was certainly a strong possibility Tony was involved. "Get rid of him," he commanded two of the officers to drag Rowan away. The Sergeant then focused on Tony. "You've got two choices, Fletcher. You accompany me to the station to answer my questions, or I'll arrest you and drag you there."

"Are you fucking kidding me? On what charge would that be?" Tony asked, letting out a disbelieving laugh.

"Conspiracy to commit murder," Sergeant Mitchell abruptly replied. "We have three dead men and multiple injured parties," he sternly spoke as he then shifted his focus between Malc, Jackie and Scott. "So. Do any of you chaps want to try my patience too?" he asked, fully aware the tensions between the men had been high when he arrived. "There's plenty of officers around to arrest the lot of you if you try anything."

"Malc. Do me a favour and let Julia know I'm going to be busy with these clowns," he asked, referring to the cops as the clowns.

With Tony/Scott and Sergeant Mitchell + Random Copper: ReverseTex ReverseTex (Malc) purplecowdutch purplecowdutch (Jackie)
Mention: neverbackdown neverbackdown (Julia)

The Royal Hotel
- Birmingham, England -
Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz neverbackdown neverbackdown purplecowdutch purplecowdutch

Malcolm Murray Jr.

337faafa4c04cf40fd916847d3bbee3a.jpg
The sudden abrasiveness of the slender man in front of him took Malcolm aback. Considering his clear size advantage, it seemed childish to pick a fight with him. Even if the fella didn’t know he was a boxer, his build was obvious. The other man seemed to show a bit more sense. It didn’t take long for Tony to notice the conversation, happily letting his boss step in his place. He nodded at his request to watch Rowan, happy to do the work he was suited for.

Not long after, the sound of running footsteps neared again. Instead of Walkers or Fletchers, the police finally arrived. Took the coppers long enough, he thought to himself. He stepped aside with Tony, letting the police apprehend the gunman. Good, now they could go check up on Julia and the rest of the family. Right as he was going to suggest to Tony they got moving, Sergeant Mitchell provided an ultimatum. Hearing the copper say he was suspect made his mouth drop in disbelief. “You can’t be fucking serious?” He said quietly, not in the mood to pick a fight with a cop. Not after his last bout.

This was a hogwash. Even if Tony was innocent, it still made sense to abide by their requests. If he resisted, then it would look worse. Tony realized this too, knowing there wasn’t much he could do. At Tony’s request to find Julia, he nodded. “Of course, I'll let them know what happened. I’ll make sure our lot is accounted for and that Julia knows where to take you to see Rory after you’re done with this bullshit.” He tapped his friend’s shoulder, before turning around to the two Walker men. He didn’t have anything to say to either of them, so he simply pushed his way past both men to make his way back to the exit door.

As soon as he entered the banquet hall, the chaos took him by surprise. Even if the violence had settled, the bodies littered around the room, and overall pandemonia was a stark contrast from what he and Tony dealt with outside. Malc spotted Dorothy, starting a light jog over to her. She’d be able to help find Julia. “Mrs. Fletcher!” He waved her down, reaching her shortly. “Tony and I nabbed one of the shooters out back. The coppers just arrived and are taking him in for questioning. They’re also taking Tony,” he added, a bit of annoyance in his tone. “He wanted me to let Julia know, but you’ll do just fine.” He noticed the blood on her hands, dried, but alarming. “Are you ok? Is everyone else ok? Where's Rory?"

The Royal Hotel
- Birmingham, England -

Dorothy Fletcher
ff300bf5d0836aca3b7f31e6ec239efa.jpg
Dorothy’s face was etched with deep concern, but her eyes gleamed with relief at the sight of Sully, who had been unaccounted for just moments earlier. Robert had mentioned Tony’s name when he noticed her, causing her throat to tighten. She had closed the distance between them quickly in her rush to find her son. Robert asked if she was okay, and for a moment, all she could do was silently nod, her eyes fixed on Sully as she checked him for any injuries. "Sully, luv, are you hurt?" she asked gently. When she finally managed to look away, Dorothy turned to Robert. "I’m okay," she said, despite the tremor in her voice. Though her hands stung, she wasn’t horribly hurt. "Thank you," she added, with a slight hesitation as she considered asking if he was okay. Despite the chaos, she knew they needed to maintain appearances.

Her eyes swiftly assessed Robert's condition, and, seeing he was unharmed, they quickly shifted back to Sully. Only when Robert inquired about Tony did she look at him again. Dorothy's quick shake of the head conveyed her answer, but deep down, a sense of dread resurfaced. Tony had run after the gunmen. How far he had gotten and whether he was successful or hurt remained unknown. The thought furrowed Dorothy’s brows with discomfort, but she stayed silent.

A familiar voice called her name, making her turn. "Malcolm!" she exclaimed, watching the young man jog toward her, trying to read his expression. Dorothy had seen him run out with Tony. Before she could ask about Tony, he explained everything. A bloodied hand went to the bridge of her nose as she pinched it in frustration upon hearing that her son would be questioned by the police. Nodding, Dorothy said, "I’m just fine, dear. Everyone else... to be determined. Rory had her usual wits about her last I checked, but her shoulder is in bad shape." She updated him quickly before turning to look at Robert and Sully.

"If Tony is heading to the station, I should probably go and talk Sergeant Mitchell out of whatever he thinks my son is responsible for, and remind Tony to keep his mouth shut." She turned to Sully, "Please follow your sisters to the hospital. I'll be there as soon as I can."

Dorothy finally turned to Robert and gave him a serious look. "I'm glad everyone in your group is okay," she said, then looked at Malcolm. "You're coming with me, Malcolm. Let's go inform Julia that we're headed to the station. I'm sure Tony is already making too many jokes."
with: Robert Misty Gray Misty Gray : Sully BeyondDandy BeyondDandy ; Malcolm ReverseTex ReverseTex
mentions: Jailbird Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Julia + Rory neverbackdown neverbackdown

The Royal Hotel
-Birmingham City Centre, Birmingham-
Alfie Walker

dc28adac905a6927639a5743012ec41b.jpg
Alfie watched as Bonnie removed her shoes, leaving one in David's leg and causing him to snort a half laugh as he watched the pathetic man squirming on the floor. Even barefooted she looked amazing. His eyes zoomed around the room, finding various faces and checking off names in his mind. He saw his father headed to the bar and breathed a sigh of relief - he must have found Felicity. When Bonnie turned her attention to him, everything else faded from his mind. He looked up at her and smiled stupidly, his free hand lingering on the gun between them in case David got any dumb ideas. As she pulled his head this way and that, he relaxed and let her, watching as she wet her thumb and wiped away at his ears and face. He let her eagerly.

"Can…me? Alfie assumed she was asking if he could hear her. He lifted his hand and twisted it while splayed flat side to side, indicating kind of. "A little." He said, a little too loud. "I'll be okay, are you okay?" He asked, again, his voice projecting louder than intended. When she finally realized how love struck he was, his grin just grew ten times bigger. He didn't need to hear her to read the words "are you serious?" on her lips. He scootched closer to her as she sat down next to him, draping an arm around her as he kept a close eye on David.

He listened closely, watching her lips move between quick glimpses at the man on the floor, following where she was pointing as she explained and he caught bits and pieces of what was being said. His goofiness quickly evaporated when she mentioned that the mayor was dead. He looked at her, lifting his hand to touch her cheek and turn her head so he could quietly check out her face and seemingly double check she was okay. He gave her a small smile when she mentioned looking presentable. "Hard to look presentable when you're barefoot, or is that a Texas thing?" He said, intentionally softening his voice this time so she would hear but the sound would not travel.

At her asking again if he was okay, he caught her eyes and nodded, his hand still resting on her cheek. The worry and concern of the situation and what could have happened was hitting him as the adrenaline wore off, a slight anxiety was hitting him. Fear was hitting him. He needed to snuff it out. Needed an extra reassurance. Suddenly, the hand resting on her cheek pulled her forward and he planted lips on her. It wasn't as intense as that first kiss, Alfie carefully keeping himself in check, but it was gentle and soft, a light kiss full of a million different emotions as he reassured himself they were both okay despite what had happened. Afterwards he pulled back, his thumb stroking her cheek. "Yeah, I'm okay. Promise."

ReverseTex ReverseTex - Beautiful Bonnie

The Royal Hotel

SULLY FLETCHER
IMG_0406.jpegSully was grateful to see Robert approach unscathed. He had become a pivotal player in Sully’s game of chess. To rewrite his family’s future, he needed Robert - the king - to stand on his own two feet until the aftermath. Sully wanted to give him most of the world on a silver platter so his family could keep the rest in solidarity. He’d already planted the first seed with Felicity and needed these plans to play out in his favor. The Walker family, as much disdain as his family had for them, were necessary.

Watching Felicity embrace her father gave Sully a sense of accomplishment. He’d finally done something right and Robert acknowledged it with a nod of gratitude - something Sully hadn’t been used to. It made his hands clammy and his insides warm. He tried to escape the feeling but it felt nice, so he succumbed. Sully mirrored Robert and returned the nod. He eyed Felicity as she walked away, looking at her bosom as it moved through her dress. He adjusted himself on the bar countertop and found himself a drink. It was a small glass of bourbon. The glass was intact, a misfit among the shattered crystals all around. The bourbon was motionless like the tranquility of a summer sea. One could tell it was smooth by the richness of its golden hue. Sully reached for it. His damp hand felt the cold of the glass as he lifted it towards his lips. The single ice cube within clicked against the side of the glass as he brought its edge towards his lips. The bourbon slid into his mouth like a liquid honey. It was refreshing, cooling off the warmth in his chest and chilling him. He felt the small blonde hairs on his back rise like someone had spooked him. Sully closed his eyes to savor it. He put the glass back down and smiled to himself when he suddenly heard someone approach and call his name.

“Mum!” He said.

He tried to move around the table only to find himself grunting from the shooting pain in his knee. He huffed. He felt a sharp stab at the base of his kneecap every time he put weight on his leg. He spit. Frustrated that he injured himself in a meaningless fight against Harvey. He tried to hide it from Dorothy by putting on a facade that he was fine.

“I’m okay,” he lied as he stumbled around the counter. His knee was badly injured, but he forced the limp away through sheer will. He didn’t want his mother to be scared or frightened anymore. He could only imagine what she had been going through when the shots started. Her children were all she had now and they were all under a roof filled with armed maniacs. She must’ve been losing her mind, Sully thought. Finding his way to her over the remnants of what had occurred, he embraced her. He hugged her tightly just like Robert had Felicity. She felt cold, maybe from the fright. Sully squeezed her, trying to warm her up as much as he could -rubbing his hands on her back to create friction. He bit his bottom lip as another shock of pain struck his knee. His eyes winced from the discomfort and watered a little. As he released her, a fake smile returned to him to hide the pain.

“I’m glad you’re okay,” he said.

He’d looked her up and down for injuries which he didn’t find. He looked at her red hands. They were drenched by what was now dried blood, not of her own. Normally something like that would shock a person, but not Sully. He had just swam in the blood of Harvey so red stained hands didn’t do anything to him. Richard had mentioned Rory had been injured earlier and Dorothy was there to acknowledge the fact. Sully could only assume the blood on Dorothy’s hands were Rory’s. It didn’t look like much, but his mother’s brood expression and the urgency in her voice made him worry some. Maybe she was still scared and wanted to get out of there as quickly as they could.

It was at that moment that Malcom rushed towards them with urgent news. Tony had been arrested by the police. He was being taken away for questioning. Sully paid it no mind. He understood it was protocol and the truth would come out and Tony would be released. His mother seemed to take it the same way as she joked about his brother’s big mouth. Sully turned towards Harvey’s body which was only a few yards away. EMTs arrived on the scene with police once the building was deemed cleared. The pair of emergency personnel turned the body over like a sack of potatoes. Harvey’s body thumped as they turned him face up. A shard of glass was sticking out of his neck, giving off a reflection as lights stuck it from many angles. The EMT’s checked for a pulse. Sully knew they wouldn’t find one. They moved his face around inspecting the gunshot wound on his forehead. It had been a clean shot, through and through - just like his father taught him. Sully wasn’t proud of killing Harvey but knew it had been necessary. He actually felt sad that he had to kill the man and wondered who he was. Did he have a family? A wife? Kids? Why did he attack them? Why risk it? His trance however was suddenly interrupted by his mothers voice calling his name again.

“Yea, of course. I’ll stay with her,” Sully responded as Dorthy gave him orders to follow Rory to the hospital. He took one last glance at Harvey as police started to flood the dead man. Sully left, heading over to Rory to make sure his sister was okay. Upon putting on her figure he called out.

“You okay, sis?!” He asked, his limp coming back.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Bellz Bellz
ReverseTex ReverseTex
neverbackdown neverbackdown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back