Game needs more players...

Haku1

Ze Hamster of Lurkdom
Ladies and gentlemen, fiends and demons, lend me a ear,

I come to you on this august day to inquire, would anyone be interested in joining a game that has been ongoing for the better part of a year. Due to events beyond my control, the active player list in my game is now down to 2.

The game IS 2nd edition, recommended types is solar, you could play other types... but you'll likely end up in trouble...

The name of the game is... Anathema!

The time it occurs is on thursday, and at noon Pacific Standard Time. Please take this into consideration before applying.

For those curious, the XP that will be given to successful applicants will be 250 to start and 5 XP per session the game has gone on for (currently 38). Sp that's as of today 440 xp.

The logs can be found here

http://www.thefreedomstone.com/phpBB3/v ... f=3&t=3175

and my LJ continues from page 3 (where Gaelic Ninja started to post logs)

http://baka-mazoku.livejournal.com/?ski ... nathema!

Please be aware that this game IS high powered, combat-capable characters along with something OTHER than combat to specialize in would be good.

Akuma are possible, as are non-solar exalted types. Please talk to me first before going for those.

what time on a thursday, I'd be fairly interested but my work shifts are slightly erratic, and depending on what medium you play via I might be able to play at work (I work in a call centre so anythng on the computer between calls is generally allowed but I'm not allowed to install anything on the computer)

what are your current characters btw? I'd got an idea what I'd like to play but I don't want to step on toes of current characters

I would be interested as well, need to get my gaming fix and 12 on Thursdays work fine for me.

Character concept

Solar doctor, peace maker  Caste: any but dawn or night (as needed)

ah, you did say noon then, dur silly me I missed that.

prolly not then my shifts are either 7am to 3pm 3pm to 11pm or 11pm to 7am

so two out of three shifts stop me from playing unless it happens to fall ona a day off

Color me fricking interested. After years of interest in the Exalted-verse, I haven't actually had the chance to *play* it even once.

... gonna read through the story so far and see what I can come up with.

Num... interest... huzzah!   :D

Okay a few more details, the game is held on AIM, I can be reached on the AIM networks with the account biigoh

For those who don't have an aim account, it isn't that hard to get, just go to http://www.aim.com/ and get an account. You don't need to get an aim client, you can use other clients like pidgin or trillian or such...

Also, note that noon Pacific Standard Time is (8 PM GMT), basically about 8 hours from when I post this message at 4 am my time on the west coast of canada.

Current PCs are a twilight (spell-slinger, consortor of demons and FSN Archer imitator) and a dawn (whose ended up an akuma of Kimberry). Please note that the name is Anathema!, and it's not a coincidence that bad things happen to Creation around the PCs....

Successful applicants need to be willing to go wild and have fun with charms, spells and artifacts with no regard for the enviroment...

you're making it more tempting, but I've been told be a coworker whom I just asked whether we had AIM on our work pcs and she laughed, they're trying to find a way to block google chat ¬.¬

I'd love a change to play a high combat destructomatic game cos I'm gearing up for a low combat game atm

but even with that news that your noon is my 8pm I'm prolly still miss 1 in every four sessions or worse

fer instance today, I'm working late shift so I'd be at work until four where you are I think, then next week I'd be free from 12 until 4 and after that my schedule gets fuzzy

god (or my manager) hates me I think, probably cos I'm agnostic

That does sound rough...

You could try aim express while at work and see if that online/java based I think works or not, google chat is in theory possible to block if your company is willing to block google or parts of it... I know the company I'm at has blocked gmail, picasa, google documents as is. Google chat has slipped under their radar for the moment. ^_^ ;;

I'll check to see if that works when I go to work, wouldn't be surprised if it got blocked within about a week though (if it isn't already)

Well... if you're only unable to play once a month, we could see how things work out... RL does trump game in my eyes. ^_^ ;

I'll check out aim at work and have a read of your logs and come up with a concept just in case then

mebbes an eclipse martial artist, ex pees aside how are you handling aquired artifacts?

if looking at earth dragon style as a starting points (I have a BG worked out, raised by dynasts etc oh noes I exalted flee!)

and a very traditional sense of values ("family comes first, even if they are trying to hunt down and kill meh" and "honour the traditions of this MA style") etc so if I put a pavoured mark on craft my character would be looking to craft a  big grand goremaul, and mebbes a special set of flexible armour that doesn't count as armour for MA's

the kind of things that start turning up in high powered campaigns but I digress, I'll look to see what can be done first, if I weren't not so broke I could prolly put AIM on my treo and internets via that...I'll look into that

Given that I'm allowing backgrounds (including artifacts) to be purchased with XPs (at a cheap cost of 3 XP per background dot!), I think you'll be fine there, if you can provide some kind of justification like "Huzzah, I looted this ancient tome/manse!".

Also, note that the Realm has been taking a severe beating lately... ^_^ ;;;

And if you're going IO kung fu user... you'll likely end up a heretical fiend what stole the ancient secrets of a monestary or some such... like in the wuxia novels or got taught by someone what stole said style.   :D

And there ARE armours out there that work with kung fu... also note that Earth Dragon style as is, works with normal artifact armour.

yesh, but being eclipse, why stop at earth dragon style? i must make all dragons my biatches, and all other celestial styles, and all sidereal style WITH THE SUTRAS! muhahhahahaahaHAHAHAHAHAH!

*le Slap*

*cough*

sorry

start with a little earth dragon style and some exclips stylee social fu, and before ye know it, I've got a sidereal pet teaching me Violet bier and fetching me slippers

ok, it seems to work here, and if you use that pidgin thing anyway it says it connects to googlechat

result

what's your AIM screenie? pm me if you don't want it on the board

Haku said:
Num... interest... huzzah!   :D
Okay a few more details, the game is held on AIM, I can be reached on the AIM networks with the account biigoh
^_^

About how long do games usually run?  I ask because I'm EST and have a class at 11.

But I would be interested if it's not too long.  Veeeeewy interested.

The game starts at PST 12 noon, so it'd be 2 PM EST for you and typically runs about 2-3 hours... usually... maybe 4 or 5 hours if no logical place for the game to stop occurs.

Also for those who want to join in

Currently, I have 2 players (Fluffy Squirrel, and Gaelic Ninja from TFS), 2 prospective platers (Smeggedoff from here, and GoldenCat from the Exalted wiki).

Given that I'm not going to go over 5 players... 6 if you can convince me that you SHOULD be in it.

Also for those using AIM to contact me (sorry Hero for not replying earlier), please note that I'm typically asleep around 3-4 PM PST (around 11-midnight GMT) and I wake up and I'm off to work... but I'll usually be online 10 am PST (6 pm GMT).

Shucks, I'm out then.  Class again at 2 until 3:15.   :(

When will I get to play in a game, I wonder?   :D

curse you for telling me about that site with one piece mangas Haku, now I'm so resisting the temptation to rip of Hawkeye Mihawk for a dawn *shakes fist*

You could rip Captain Ussop / Sogei King (Sogeking), the King of Snipers! ^_^

He gets rather cool later on in the manga.

While Tempting (and I swear I've seen one of those motivational posters made up of an image of Sogeking and a quote saying "Thrown Charms, don't know em, with the right artifacts they're awesome" I'm considering a combination of social and physical invisibility and a big sword (if you've read terry pratchets night watch, the scene where the assassin walks through a crowded room and gives the patrician a case of the dead and no-one sees him should be about right) although I am tempted if I'm doing that, to stat out the Black sword anyway and use some liberal jedi BS to hide it

"why do you have a giant sword strapped to your back?"

"I don't"

"oh, okay"

but how do you actually stat a sword that can cut ships in half? although I'm fairly sure at least half of that is mihawks skill, as he kicks arse with a 3 inch dagger as well

at the moment my first build failed (I ended up with 5 xp left over for combos) so I'm calculating what I need to completely mind rape people at the moment, then I'll move on to the killing, plus I found out some more about 5 days darkness saying he actually likes the unconquered sun, whoda thunk it, but he hates calendar spirits so that's okay.

Haku said:
The game starts at PST 12 noon, so it'd be 2 PM EST for you and typically runs about 2-3 hours... usually... maybe 4 or 5 hours if no logical place for the game to stop occurs.
You mean 3PM EST :P .  PST is UST - 8, EST is UST - 5, meaning there's a 3-hour difference in times.

I would love to do this sort of thing, but my Thursdays are basically classes

straight from 9 to 6 >.<.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back