• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Gallows

Raven smiles weakly at him, "That's the reason your ship and your men are obedient because they respect you, they look at you and a see a man that is worth bowing down too." She says to him, before continuing to write her letter.

He shrugs his shoulders, before pushing off from the pile and moving over to his bed, he sits on the edge of it. "And that's why I don't understand your father. What has he done that is so... Worthy? What has he done that makes people respect him? I respect people who are worthy of it." He shakes his head, "in fact, don't answer that. Hurry up with your letter and tell me where to send it to."

Raven shakes her head, "People fear you, my people are too scared, and he protects them." She says quietly before nodding slowly, "I finished the letter, just send it to the castle." She mutters quietly. She looks away and taps on the desk with her fingertips. She murmurs quietly to herself, resting her forehead against his desk. She sighs quietly and then pushes the letter closer to him. She taps her fingertips and keeps her forehead against the desk, thinking.

With her head against the desk, Gio pulls out a small knife from his pocket, and slowly walks towards her. He takes the letter from the desk and puts it in his back pocket before smirking slightly as he quickly grabs her by her hair, using the knife to cut a lock of it off. Letting her go, he looks at the lock of his hair in his hand, before moving away from her and to the door. He unlocks it, opens it, and leaves the room quickly, locking the door behind him, before running down the stairs and into Rubens quarters.

Raven's head snaps up, "Oi, Giovanni!" She says as he leaves. She stands and knocks loudly and on the door. She sighs, wondering what on earth he was doing. She sighs and sits down, staring at the door, "Captain Giovanni!" She screams, loudly trying to get his attention. She bites her lip and sits back down tapping her fingertip against the desk.

He takes the letter to Ruben, and gives him the lock of hair, when he nodded, beginning to sit down and write, Gio watched. He couldn't read or write so he always made his first made do it for him, and as he wrote the ransom note to attach to the letter, including the hair, he waited for his job. Ruben gave him the ink pad, and Gio put his finger in it before fingerprinting the paper with the ransom note on it. Completed. He walked back upstairs to his room, opened the door, then locked it behind him. "Sorry."

Raven stares at him and laughs, "You truly don't trust me. It's like I'm going to run out of the room and jump off the ship, so you lock the door, stopping me." She says amusedly, she taps her fingers on the desk. She looks at her ring and then at him. She rubs her face and yawns slowly, "Well I guess I'm stuck up here then." She says quietly staring away from him.

"You ought to sleep." He says, gesturing to his bed, a messy bed with clothes all over it. "I don't mind, and I mean it's not the luxury you're used to, but it's a bed, right?" He says, walking over and moving clothes off it. He looks over at her, throwing his clothes in a pile on the floor. "And it's not that I... Well no, actually. I don't trust you," he scratches his chin, "you're too valuable to lose, I need to keep you alive." He leans against the wall, a picture of his parents on the wall opposite him.

Raven shakes her head, "I'm not just some object!" She says slamming her hands against the desk. She looks at the bed and stands heading over to it. She sits on it and smiles weakly, she lies down and yawns again. She rolls, facing the wall away him. She can't sleep though, she's just lay there, thinking. She grabs a blanket and holds it tightly.

"Uh..." He doesn't say anything, looking down at the floor, he leaves the room quietly, locking the door behind him. He walks down into the engine room, then out onto the deck. Some people were relaxing around again, some were training with wooden swords. He smiles, before walking over to the main mast, and climbing up it. He always enjoyed being up top with the sails. He sits on a large pole, feeling wind in his hair, and watches down below as Ruben gets the mechanical birds out from their cages, he watches as he attaches the letter and let's them go, knowing that now there was no going back, the ransom had been sent.

Raven yawns, her eyes closing slightly. She tugs at the blanket and yawns again. Her eyes closing fully as she falls into the blackness of her dreams. It was dark, nothing was around her was silent. She was alone, this dream was nothing, and yet it scared her but she remained asleep. She was soon fast asleep, snoring lightly.

A few hours later, it began to get dark, and he moved down the pole and back into the deck. A lot of people were inside in the food hall, and he walked downstairs and grinned at them, engaging in their conversation and laughing with them. The food was good, as usual, and he ate his before asking for another plate. Usually no one got another plate, not anyone, even the captain, but the cook gave him it this time, knowing why he needed it. Thanking him, Gio ran up the stairs, and managed to get the plate up the ladder intact. He walked into his room, shutting and locking the door behind him like usual. He took the plate over to the table and set it down.

Over the few hours of being alone, Raven slept on the bed in peace. Her soft snore filling the room, her dream was different than how it began, she dreamt of a meadow that she ran through, happy and content but at the edge of the meadow there was blood, a war perhaps. This woke her, her small figure shaking. Her eyes remained closed until she opens them and rolls as quiet of possible and looked at the man who was in the room again.

"I uh... I brought you dinner." He says quietly, looking at her in the blankets. He puts his hands in his pockets and flicks his hair out of his eyes, before taking one hand out of his pocket and readjusting the goggles on his head. He sits down in a comfortable chair, crossing his legs and leaning back, his head on the back of the chair rest. "You have to eat stuff," he shrugs his shoulders. He wasn't good at making conversation, especially with prisoners. It was weird to think of her as a prisoner, but she would be until tomorrow, when the spy in the castle told them whether or not she was alive. He didn't want to kill this girl, he wanted his sister alive more than anything, but he didn't think he would be able to kill her even if she was dead.

Raven nods, standing up slowly and smoothing out the creased dress as much as possible. She wipes her face and moves towards the desk with the food on. She sits down slowly and then starts to eat. She eats slowly, savouring each mouthful like it was her last. She didn't know why he was being kind but she didn't mind that, at least she wasn't being hurt. Her mind pictures other scenarios that she could've got herself into, it could've been worse she thinks.

"Uh... Tomorrow is the day the spy arrives. To tell us if my sister is alive. So, uh, you need to rest up or something. You can have my bed all night and I, I'll sleep downstairs with the crew." He says and smiles a little at her. He didn't need to give her his bed, and he wouldn't have if he didn't feel slightly sorry for the situation she was in. After all, it wasn't her fault about his sister, it was her fathers. But she was still the only way that he could get at him, so it had to be her. "And that's it, really... I'll uh, leave you to it." He smiles and walks towards the door.

Raven nods slowly, wiping her mouth and sighing. She was getting nervous now, knowing that tomorrow she could die. Her fate was no longer within her own hands, it was down to her fathers past decision. She looks at the bed, "You can have your bed, I'm not tired.. I don't really think I'll be able to sleep." She murmurs looking down and then back up at him. She smiles weakly, trying to look something other than worried but failing miserably.

"You should try, though." He points out, before walking out of the door and shutting it, locking it. He walks down into the engine room and messes around with a few buttons absentmindedly, when Ruben comes up behind him and taps him on the shoulder. "You're being... Nice to the girl." He states, and Gio bites his lip, "yeah, but, I'll still kill her. She hasn't technically done anything to deserve being mistreated though." He says, shrugging his shoulder. "Until we know if Genevieve is dead, we don't have any reason to be assholes."

Raven sighs and nods, watching him leave. She stands and heads to the bed. She sits on it and sighs again, she was indeed very worried. She lies down and stares up at the ceiling. She closes her eyes, her thoughts focused on what would happen if Genevieve is truly dead but she knew the answer. She'd be killed. She wants to cry, and she does, she cries. Letting the tears fall down her fall, staining her cheeks and spreading even more of the messy makeup.

Ruben nods his head before shrugging his shoulders. "The crew think you're weak for not treating her as though she were your father." He points out and Gio shrugs his shoulders. "What're they gonna do? Overthrow me? That's not how this ship works. This ones a family ship, I'll be captain forever. If they don't like how I run things, they can leave." He says slowly, before putting the ship into standby, not letting it go anywhere overnight. "What time will Tyrion be here?" He asks Ruben, who seemed to know everything about everything. "He'll be here in the morning, go get some sleep, there could be hard news for you tomorrow." He says, and when Gio nods and heads downstairs, Ruben shakes his head in confusion. Gio walks to one of the spare beds, the crew staring at him, but he lays down on it and faces the wall.

Raven stares at the ceiling and sighs, she couldn't sleep and it was tormenting her. To think that she could be dead. She just wanted to run from this place but she couldn't, she knew that he had locked the door. She wipes her face and starts to hum tunes that her mother once sang to her.

Gio relaxes on the bed, he wasn't ready for the news that might come tomorrow, he didn't want to think that Genevieve may possibly be dead. He shuts his eyes and roots in his pocket for the watch, clasping it in his hand and bringing it close to his chest. When he did fall asleep, his dreams were plagued by Genevieve's face, but it wasn't just hers. It was Raven's, and her fathers. They were taunting him, but he couldn't tell what they were saying.

Raven yawns and after a while drifts off into to another sleepless dream. Within the dream she dreamt of what could possibly happen tomorrow, but this wasn't clear. Everyone was yelling at her, her father, Giovanni and his sister. All talking at the same time, telling her she was going to die. It was driving her crazy, the dream getting darker and darker until she was standing alone in blackness.

Gio woke up, being shaken by Ruben roughly. He sits upright in the uncomfortable bed and rubs his eyes, looking at the wall across from him. "When?" He asks, and Ruben immediately knew what he meant. "Now." He confirms, and Gio stands quickly, pushing hair out of his eyes and clearing his throat. "Right right now?" He asks, and when Ruben nods his head, Gio widens his eyes, before rushing upstairs. On the deck, people were huddled in small groups, and Tyrion was stood with the quartermaster talking in hushed voices. Gio couldn't bear to go outside yet, and so he walked up and unlocked his bedroom door, standing in the doorway and staring at Ravens sleeping form. "Wake up," he commands shakily.

Ravens eyes shoot open, she frowns and stands slowly, she smooths out her dress and sighs. She was nervous now, knowing she could die in a matter of minutes or hours or whenever they decided to do it. She then smiles weakly, knowing she could be going home, she just hoped that the girl was alive. She walks to him and looks, "Your spy is back then." She says quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back