• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Gallery image uploading message

Olissa

One Thousand Club
I tried to see if anything recently changed in regards to uploads to the gallery or if it was only on my end, but as of late the images that I want to upload take a while to become published.

First time it happened I thought I perhaps did something wrong, even though my album stated 12 images, even though there were only 11 actual images visible.

So I uploaded the image again and very briefly, for a split second as soon as I had clicked the upload button it showed a message about it needing to be checked by a moderator first.

The text was far to long to read in that one second, and there was no other place I could find any of the same information. Perhaps I missed something.

Now I've been informed that this is indeed due to all the images being moderated at first. However because the message comes by so briefly it can easily be missed. So, I might want to request that the message that pops up as the page refreshes be placed somewhere where the person can calmly read it and then click it away or scroll past it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry! You aren't in moderated status (that feature was removed too :D )

All images need to be moderated before they are uploaded beforehand, no matter what user it is. :)

Ah okay, I don't recall that being the case before. Did that change, or was it just pure luck that all the times before there just happened to be a staff member/helper right there to see it and approve it?

I think it's been changed, though I'm not very sure since I haven't been using the gallery feature for very long. :)

Well, at least I know now that there isn't something bad on my end.

Though I still would like to suggest that the message be placed somewhere more clearly so it doesn't need to be read in roughly 1 second before it disappears. It's how I missed it the first time, and perhaps it might help others like me.

Olissa said:
Well, at least I know now that there isn't something bad on my end.
Though I still would like to suggest that the message be placed somewhere more clearly so it doesn't need to be read in roughly 1 second before it disappears. It's how I missed it the first time, and perhaps it might help others like me.
Make a suggestion thread! :D I'm sure the staff will take your ideas into account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, moderating images is a relatively new thing we've been doing. That's a good idea though, because I can see that being a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back