• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Future Warfare

Ja50n

Honorable Knight of Astora
Future Warfare (filler name still thinking of a real one)

Mankind has spent its entire time in their existence fighting and going against each other. The year is 3089 and two major factions are at war with each other. The Silent Flame a faction that is entirely built on money and greed they are the elite class of people but can afford the greatest of security. The Silent Flame is at war with a faction called The Silver Dragons a military based faction that leads it people through wars and is known for their tactics and scholars. Technology is at a peak, allowing humanity to develop machines to go to war for them, they called them Steel Soldiers. This brought forth wars with fewer casualties. Technicians, these are the men and women that are the casualties in the wars. They service the machines both on and off the battlefield; they also fight alongside the machines. Wars will always need man to fight in them, because soldiers, they are the type of people that mankind will always need.

There are three classes of Technician.

· Armored Tech- These Technicians are enhanced by drugs and armored to the core. They wear a suit comprised entirely of steel and can lift up to 1 ton even when wearing the suit. Although this type of Technician lacks the skills to hack and has very limited movement as to the suit.

· Advanced Tech- Advanced Technicians unlike their armored brethren are normal soldiers that wear a headset that has an expandable holographic visor that covers one of their eyes. Their dominant arm is modified to have a data pad installed over the wrist and two cable ports under it (on the side of the arm) allowing them to hack most interfaces and computers via the cables. These troops have a strong hacking ability but are limited by human limits in both mobility and strength.

· Runner Tech- Runners are like the armored Technicians in a sense as they have been enhanced via a drug. The difference being that the drugs that these soldiers are injected with doesn’t increase their strength; instead the drug enhances their senses and stamina. These Technicians are the scouts of the war and have the highest casualty rate

There are also three classes of Steel Soldier.

· Atlas- These machines stand at 7 feet high and weigh close to 5 tons unarmed. On the battlefield they are armed with two heavy weapons. Either the Gatling Turret or the Missile Launcher is their weaponry. They are slow and require the most maintenance as their servos lock up more often than not.

· Goliath- These Steel Soldiers stand at a height of 5 feet and 11 inches tall and weigh around 1 ton. These are the infantry of the machines as they are mass produced and fairly cheap. They come with an arm that acts as a rifle the other acting as a grenade launcher. These are extremely well built and require less maintenance although they tend to run out of ammunition more than others.

· Mercury- This Steel Soldier is only 5 feet high and weighs around 500 pounds. They aren’t used often as they break easily. In most cases they are uses to get into enemy lines and self-destruct. They have one useful function of being what is known as an attachable unit. When a friendly Goliath or Atlas is downed a Technician can use a Mercury to replace any destroyed parts as these machines can survive without most parts.

You are a part of a Mercenary Unit called The Iron Blade, though small this unit has entered countless wars and are not to be mocked. Being a mercenary unit they do have some Steel Soldiers, but their strength lies with the Technicians.

Enlist as a Technician and fight with the Blades to stop this war but for which side you're on thats a different story...

Yes i will allow a few players to be a Steel Soldier but few of them as sentience is hard to achieve.

Interesting idea, but the whole backstory behind it seems a bit cliché, I have to say. I guess I'll put my hand up and say I'm interested to some degree. After all, I love a good bit of Science Fiction roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back