Fur-xalted (please kill me for coming up with this)

My mistake. It only works if your Essence is rated 2+. Mask has 3 so he does, EDW has 1 so he doesn't.

Axelgear said:
My mistake. It only works if your Essence is rated 2+. Mask has 3 so he does, EDW has 1 so he doesn't.
Though, ironicly enough, I have a bigger mote pool. I just have almost nothing I can do with it, yet.

Edit: Wow, that post felt weird...

Yeah, it's making me consider that taking Essence Abundance may be a good idea. An extra 15 or so motes to spend will be very, very handy, especially given the lack of an anima banner.

Come to think of it, your anima banner may end up getting us hunted... What fun! :mrgreen:

Greetings, I've been away for a while and just got back to the site today, I must say I find this rather interesting especially after putting together DarkWing Doormouse for Thorn's Kingdom of Hearts/Exalted game.

Provided the auditions are not yet closed, I should have my books back and handy tommorrow, and was thinking of trying a turtle or tortoise of some sort (still split between terrestrial and aquatic/semi-aquatic) for a bit of not rodent heroics ;)

<begins plotting...>

Oh yes, also, is a turtle exceptable...? Technically he would fall under the 'classification' of 'scaly' rather than the titalar 'fur' of Fur-xalted.

I did have Inexhaustible myself at one point in my build, but I realized I would still needed to pick up a tail and claws, and I ended up dropping it. It's a pretty sweet mutation.

I mostly wanted it because it would mean I could cross great distances even while starving to death - since food is truely scarce as far north as where Wind comes from.

I didn't even remember that part of the description, that would be a good and useful ability what with my Hunger thing. I took it because I wanted to not have to worry about Under Water getting tired while running. Then I saw the armor and that just made it a better choice.

The armor thing is good to - but the ablity to just make a stright out dash from one area to another without stopping for anything, for instance to chase down some group of migrating Wyld Beasties, would up our chances of survival greatly.

Of course, being able to fly would up our chances of survival greatly, and I could get that for one point (by droping my climb ablity). I'll admit a temptaion there, but it flies in the face of my concept to much.

Yea, I don't think flying would be very fun myself. It makes things too easy. Take, for example a hawk beastman: Want me to scout out that Dragon-blooded base? No problem I'll just fly too high for them to see me and use my amazing eyesight to see what they're doing and they won't be able to touch me. Need me to drop firebombs on them? Again no problem.

Obviously there are defenses against flying foes but not as many as there are against ground bound foes.

Obviously there are defenses against flying foes but not as many as there are against ground bound foes.
Like flying Dragon-blooded? Yes, there certainly are defenses against flying foes.

Interesting character. I know who we will be relying on for range!

As for flying, flight is great when you don't need... Precision, if you get my drift. Besides, something tells me that an Archery Excellency could pluck you from the sky fairly easily.

I was just wondering as it struck me while working on my tortoise, What does deadly beastman transformation do for lunars of this world...? Do they have spirit shapes besides their race and thus DBT simply merges them or what......I picture a snake with a spider spirit shape turning into a neogi-esque horror off the top of my head.

Or is it simply an amplification of their normal form, becoming stronger and bigger, or perhaps smaller and faster or some such. Basically all of their mutations increasing to the next level version of those mutations....

Edit: Neogi are weird spider/snake/taurs from DnD, most memorably the were slavers in Spelljammer.....

By the way, Atrius and anyone else interested, I give you one week to post a character, and then I'll start the game.

Handy,

by the by....you didn't atually answer my question from previous...

I was just wondering as it struck me while working on my tortoise, What does deadly beastman transformation do for lunars of this world...? Do they have spirit shapes besides their race and thus DBT simply merges them or what......I picture a snake with a spider spirit shape turning into a neogi-esque horror off the top of my head.
Or is it simply an amplification of their normal form, becoming stronger and bigger, or perhaps smaller and faster or some such. Basically all of their mutations increasing to the next level version of those mutations...
Likewse, I noticed that lunar half-castes have the ability to purchase charms to pick up both a spirit shape and a DBT....and so the question arose once more....

You can't pick up Knacks, no. That is simply bad editing.

I will handle the spirit shape issue if it comes to that.

Really, it would probably be better just to say you can't pick up a spirit shape - that it's only something the Lunars can do. Since we're not 'really' lunar half-castes, but rather the normal population of creation, it's the best solution that avoid the problem of everyone ending up a shapeshifter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back