• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Full-Team Adventures! (PKMN)

Draconus297

The Dragon Lord
"So, I guess we're on our way, then," Hector said, rubbing the back of his neck- sleeping on the hard ground was a considerable bit less comfortable than the big-name trainers made it out to be.

[it would be best.] Ralts agreed, nodding her teal dome in agreement. [besides, this grass path shouldn't be all that difficult for us. Mostly just looks like a few scattered Zigzagoon, maybe a Machop here or there. Nothing I couldn't handle for you.]

"You can't get cocky," Hector admonished. "What if we run into something seriously scary? A Hydreigon or Metagross or something?"

[Need I remind you that this is a safe zone?] Ralts said, irritated. [We're not going to seriously face any issues. Maybe a Ghost or Bug-type that I can't just Confusion into submission, and if we're really unlucky we might hit a Dark-type I'm literally helpless against, but that's what legs and my Pokeball are for. Just run.]

"You say that now . . ." Hector said nervously.

Suddenly, the grass rustled, and a new opponent leaped out on the offensive.

An Oshawott stood, ready for battle. He held a polished scallop at the ready. "Oshawott!"

"Whoa," Hector jumped back, "what's that?"

[Dunno,] Ralts said, equally as thrown off by the new Pokemon's presence. [it's blue, though, so I'm thinking . . . Water-type. Nothing I can't take down.]

"No," Hector said, dismissing Ralts's eagerness. "I wanna CATCH it."

[Whatever you say,] Ralts said, thrown off a little.

With that, Ralts glowed an eerie shade of purple, and unleashed a blast of psychic energy at the Oshawott.

The Oshawott lost some ground, growling softly, but then breaking its tough look, wagging its tail, and then using Tail Whip.

" . . . What exactly did that do?" Hector asked.

[Nothing, really. I'm fine,] Ralts reassured him. [You wanted to catch it, now's your chance!]

Hector nodded. "Right. Pokeball, go!" He threw one of the red-and-white orbs at the Oshawott, hoping for the best.

The Oshawott frowned, using its Scallop to knock the ball away. [if you think I'm a joke of an opponent, think again! I am Samurai, the Warrior!] The Oshawott charged forward, tackling the Ralts with great strength.

Hector was confused. "Samurai?"

[Just putting on airs,] Ralts assured him, getting up from the tackle. [He's seriously nothing I can't handle. I can still Confusion him into submission. In fact, let's see how he likes being confused . . .]

"You're hurt!" Hector cried out, trying to stop the battle.

[Just some bruising, I'll be fine after a Berry or two,] Ralts responded. [Give me the order!]

"O- okay . . ." Hector responded, unsure of how the battle would play out. "Ralts, use Confusion!"

[Gladly,] Ralts responded, gathering psychic energy for another strike. "RAAAALTS!" Another wave of psychic energy slammed into Samurai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samurai let out a growl, shaking his head. He would hold his ground. No human would handle him ever again.

Hector was ready this time. "Alright, Ralts, you sure you're okay?"

[i'm fine, just toss the damned ball,] Ralts replied.

"If you insist . . ." Hector said, adjusting his stance. "Pokeball . . . GO!"

The red-and-white orb sailed through the air, bonking the Oshawott on the head.

"Please work . . ." Hector muttered to himself. "Please . . ."

The ball sucked up the tiny pokemon, bouncing three times, then letting out an audible click.

"Yes!" Hector yelled in triumph. "I caught an Oshawott!"

[Good for you. Now, about those Berries . . .] Ralts said, unimpressed.

"Good thinking! I'll heal you both up!" Hector grinned, allowing Samurai out of his ball as he rummaged through his bag one-handed.

[brilliant,] Ralts facepalmed. [Let the new Pokemon who probably doesn't like you out of his ball.]

"Just being friendly," Hector said sheepishly as a red beam of energy released Samurai back into the world.

[Look, from where I'm standing, you lucked out. You've got a decent Trainer keeping you relatively safe- most Pokemon can't claim that,] Ralts said, biting into the Berry before her.

Hector offered Samurai a Berry. "Look, I'm sorry, but I'm a trainer who's just starting out. I'd love to have a strong Pokemon like you helping me out."

The Oshawott looked surprised at the word 'Strong'. [You think... I'm strong?] The pokemon slowly began to wag his tail. [My old master said I was too weak... You really think I'm strong?]

Hector smiled. "Yeah, 'course I do! You even got Ralts here to admit she was hurt!"

[Just bruised,] Ralts said tesily. [i'll give him credit, he's tough. Once we get him to master those Water-type techniques of his, we should have no trouble. He covers one of my weaknesses, at any rate.]

Hector snorted. "See what I mean?" He continued holding out the Berry. "So, you have a name?"

Hector nodded. "Right. I'm Hector, and Ralts here insisted she would just go nameless."

Ralts nodded. [Don't need one. So how are you?]

Hector continued rummaging through his bag one-handed, digging around. "Let's see . . . Leftovers, some Never-Melt Ice, a bag of Soft Sand, about forty Antidotes . . . still no Twisted Spoon or Odd Incense for you, Ralts. I think Dr. Tessler up in Cavalier has an incense shop, and he might be able to ID that weird rock I found, but we still need to get up there."

[Do you really think some weird history buff will be able to help?] Ralts asked.

"I don't know . . . Hector said nervously. "What if he has a Pangoro or something?"

[All the more reason to get me to learn a Fairy-type move.] Ralts said defensively, still not willing to admit she might be in over her head.

While the two were arguing, a rustle in the grass indicated an attacker . . .

[EPICEST AMBUSH!!] Mako howled leaping out of the grass, charging straight for Hector's bag and snatching it away with his teeth.

Rushing past the novice trainer Mako jumped onto a flat rock that stood above the tall grass and rifled through the bag until he found the Soft Sand.

[behold!] yanking the item out and holding it aloft he said. [Know this human. You have in allowing me to acquire this item you have contributed in your own small way to the writing of the Legend of Mako! He who shall fell the Dragon that Pierces the Heavens! Now choose will you surrender this piece of power into my possession or will you fight me for your item and your honour?]

[Oh, hell no, shark boy!] Ralts immediately stepped into position, her arms in a protective stance to defend Hector.

"Listen, we don't have to-" Hector said, trying to calm Ralts.

[Oh yes we do. I'm not letting some mouth on stubby legs take anything from you. You can't just be a pushover for the rest of your life,] Ralts said angrily. [You with me on this, Samurai boy? Let's show you the real power of confusion!]

With that, Ralts unleashed Confusion, and the battle began.

Mako stumbled back a few steps under the force of the psychic attack but recovered quickly and dropped the bag to the ground.

[At least my legs are visible you freaky little Fairy! My turn.] Leaping off the rock and rushing at Ralts Mako snatched up a clump of sand from the ground and threw it at his opponent's face following behind it with a tackle.

Ralts staggered back. [My eyes! What the hell?]

Upon being tackled, Ralts laughed heartily. [Ha! Ironic harm!] She struggled back to her feet, a mildly psychotic grin marking her face. [My built-in ability, Trace, gives me access to your abilities- in this case, you just scraped yourself on your own rough skin! Admittedly, my stunning personality takes a hit by absorbing some of yours while we're fighting, but that's an acceptable temporary loss.]

"Don't taunt him," Hector said disapprovingly. "It's not like you."

Ralts snorted. [Trace,] she muttered, as if that explained everything.

Hector decided to interrupt the battle in progress by unclipping a Great Ball from his belt and throwing it right at Mako. "Quit fighting!" he yelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
(OOC i'mma just going to assume you mean Trace as opposed to Synchronize going forward)

[Mere words cannot calm battling hearts!] Mako bellowed turning to face Hector. [That almost does it though.]

Opening his mouth to its widest he hopped into the air snapped his jaws shut around the ball, twisting back to face Ralts as he landed Mako let the ball roll back into his mouth and spat it back out at the shorter Pokémon.

[Rough Skin that ya copycat!]

{OOC: . . . God dammit. Thanks again for the help. I've had two Gardevoir with Synchronize at this point, too. My mind really slips, there.}

[Copycat?] Ralts bellowed, backhanding the ball back into Hector's hand. [Anything you can do, I can do better! I've got the power of a mind you could never be!]

"Okay," Hector muttered, "the song quotes are interesting and all, but THIS ENDS NOW!"

[Couldn't agree more,] Ralts muttered, readying another pulse of psychic power.

"Stand DOWN, Ralts," Hector said, trying to maintain some peace. "He's joining the team."

[You're making a mistake. We don't want a wannabe Dragon-type meddling in what could be a great adventure,] Ralts said, brushing as much of her teal hair out of her eyes as she could.

"We're going to need a powerhouse to get past the Champion's Hydreigon, and we can't do better than-" Hector began.

[A Fairy-type. Me. Let's just drop him.] Ralts countered.

Hector, not in the mood for debate, tossed the ball again. "GREAT BALL, GO!"

[Wannabe?! I am a ten thousand percent full on Dragon type!] Pausing in his speech for a moment Mako hopped backward allowing the Great Ball to fly past him, walking toward where the ball lay in the grass he continued speaking.

[Alright you lot listen well, firstly I'm damned well going to join you the path to legend is one that is best travelled with a team, secondly do not think this means you won this fight little Fairy that Sand Attack totally had you on the ropes, thirdly if I'm going to stick around human the Fairy is right don't be a pushover if you want a "powerhouse" you gotta show you got some power yourself and thirdly and finally I call dibs on that Hydreigon right here and now.]

Stopping next to the Great Ball he said [Any questions? No? Good] Then he kicked the button on the ball and allowed it to pull him inside.

[That was . . . anticlimactic,] Ralts said, slowly regaining her more logical persona, and leveling up in the process.

"I'm willing to take it," Hector said, picking up the ball. "I'll let him out, so we can snack on a few spare Berries together."

Ralts asked, rubbing the last of the sand out of her eyes. [bastard kicked sand in my eyes.]

"Be nice," Hector said, allowing a red light to release Mako back into the world. "Hey, I'm Hector. These two are Ralts and Samurai."

Ralts looked at Mako with a bit of a glare. [Hello. Try not to get in my way, and we'll be right as rain.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back