From The Ashes [Shadowrun Chat Game]

Lord of Chaos

Elder Member
Supporter
September, 2073. The Phoenix Syndicate dominates New York City, juggling a thousand interests and controlling more of the city than any megacorp has managed. Leading a legacy that has been built over the past fifty three years, the reigning head of the crime family - Jacob Eirnhart - is nearing the end of his life. Desperate to avoid a succession conflict, he carefully manages his will and arranges the family to pass to his youngest child, whom he has groomed for the position for decades.

December 30, 2073. Jacob Eirnhart dies of organ failure, deemed natural causes.

December 31, 2073. In defiance of her father's wishes, Amanda Eirnhart - Jacob's eldest child - moves to claim the family's holdings.

January 3, 2074. The first shots are fired in the very conflict that Jacob attempted to avert

January 16, 2074. The secession conflict has lasted two weeks. Amanda's forces prepare to make a decisive strike, but the information is leaked to rival gangs.

January 17, 2074. Amanda's forces attack every rival claimant, killing nearly everyone set against her and causing billions in property damage.

January 18, 2074. Rival gangs lead by the nascent Third Circle League move in on the weakened Phoenix Syndicate. Amanda Eirnhart is missing, presumed dead. The city is divided amongst the gangs and rival syndicates. Few who willingly identify as former members of the Phoenix survive the month.

December 30, 2083. Ten years after the death of Jacob Eirnhart, the surviving members of the Phoenix Syndicate resurface, deciding that the time has come to return to center stage.

This will be a chat-based Shadowrun 5th Edition game set in New York City. You will play as former members of the Phoenix Syndicate, whether as part of the family or just loyal members. The game will be largely freeform, as that seems to be what I'm best at. Will you restore the Syndicate? Join with one of the existing gangs? Deny your old status and become another band of shadowrunners? Attempt to go legitimate? It's entirely up to you.

Base core rules in use, no current house rules etc.

Characters will be created at a character creation session, in order to ensure that everyone fits together. You are old friends and colleagues, remember.

Jacob Eirnhart was human, so any of his children should similarly be human. Syndicate members and "adopted" family can be any metahuman type.

Only passing familiarity is required with the setting, and no 4th edition content is considered canon by default.

The game will cap out at six players, those familiar with the rules having preference

[QUOTE="Lord of Chaos]September, 2073. The Phoenix Syndicate dominates New York City, juggling a thousand interests and controlling more of the city than any megacorp has managed. Leading a legacy that has been built over the past fifty three years, the reigning head of the crime family - Jacob Eirnhart - is nearing the end of his life. Desperate to avoid a succession conflict, he carefully manages his will and arranges the family to pass to his youngest child, whom he has groomed for the position for decades.
December 30, 2073. Jacob Eirnhart dies of organ failure, deemed natural causes.

December 31, 2073. In defiance of her father's wishes, Amanda Eirnhart - Jacob's eldest child - moves to claim the family's holdings.

January 3, 2074. The first shots are fired in the very conflict that Jacob attempted to avert

January 16, 2074. The secession conflict has lasted two weeks. Amanda's forces prepare to make a decisive strike, but the information is leaked to rival gangs.

January 17, 2074. Amanda's forces attack every rival claimant, killing nearly everyone set against her and causing billions in property damage.

January 18, 2074. Rival gangs lead by the nascent Third Circle League move in on the weakened Phoenix Syndicate. Amanda Eirnhart is missing, presumed dead. The city is divided amongst the gangs and rival syndicates. Few who willingly identify as former members of the Phoenix survive the month.

December 30, 2083. Ten years after the death of Jacob Eirnhart, the surviving members of the Phoenix Syndicate resurface, deciding that the time has come to return to center stage.

This will be a chat-based Shadowrun 5th Edition game set in New York City. You will play as former members of the Phoenix Syndicate, whether as part of the family or just loyal members. The game will be largely freeform, as that seems to be what I'm best at. Will you restore the Syndicate? Join with one of the existing gangs? Deny your old status and become another band of shadowrunners? Attempt to go legitimate? It's entirely up to you.

Base core rules in use, no current house rules etc.

Characters will be created at a character creation session, in order to ensure that everyone fits together. You are old friends and colleagues, remember.

Jacob Eirnhart was human, so any of his children should similarly be human. Syndicate members and "adopted" family can be any metahuman type.

Only passing familiarity is required with the setting, and no 4th edition content is considered canon by default.

The game will cap out at six players, those familiar with the rules having preference

[/QUOTE]
Since this is a chat game, moving it to Interest Checks. There is no forums to be had. Thus no reason to need submitting.

FoeHammer said:
If the new edition is more lenient Im in, because I remember all those failed games we ran.
*cough Kaji vs the elevator shaft cough*

I'd be interested in this as well, depending on when it would run. Is chargen a little more streamlined in 5.0?

Chargen is divided by priorities. There are technically more steps, but it also follows better guidelines than "Here is ALL THE BP, promise you won't try to break the system again"

Game will be held on mondays, 6PM Central

My current concept that Kaza really likes is as follows:

During the height of The Phoenix Syndicate's power, using their backing as one of their members I became a sensational teen idol. When the gang disbanded, my long term rival with the backing of Third Circle League easily swept me from under my feet during a critual moment of my career. Possibly some sort of big concert of event where I flopped, and they immediately stepped in and wooed my own audience.

A decade later, all washed up and even worse, all grown up. I am using the shadows to my means becoming a Shadowrunner and hopefully return to Stardom one day.

Thinking of some sort of

Technomancer, Adept, Magician, Face, Hacker or Rigger.

Really have not decided. After discussing it with Kaza, the most I have right now is some sort of social character mixed with magic or tech. I want to possibly mess with people's cybernetics, got cybernetic eyes? Let me put a music video and annoying lights on loop. Ears? Music full blast. Etc.

Let me know what you all think!

I think I'm gonna go with the character I only got to use once thanks to the elevator shaft incident: grumpy, out of shape hacker with an addiction to vidya, non-synthetic sugar, and the pronz.

Color me intrigued. I'm thinking a Shaman, or perhaps a Street Samurai with a possible addiction to simsense.

Alright, so to recap current interest is:

Foehammer: Unspecified

Unbridled: Decker

VonRidel: Magicia or Samurai

Dark Wizard: Undecided, probably not hugely physical

[QUOTE="Lord of Chaos]Alright, so to recap current interest is:
Foehammer: Unspecified

Unbridled: Decker

VonRidel: Magicia or Samurai

Dark Wizard: Undecided, probably not hugely physical

[/QUOTE]
We meeting up this Monday?

InsanityFOX said:
Still room?
As far as I'm aware there is still room.

[QUOTE="Lord of Chaos]Better! We have room for two more!

[/QUOTE]
Are we still meeting this Monday?

[QUOTE="Lord of Chaos]We will meet this monday at 6PM Central for group character creation and some city-building exercises

[/QUOTE]
Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back