[From Heaven to Hell] From Heaven to Hell Discussion

Hi :)

If one were to do such a thing what sort of character or goals are being generally aimed for? That wouldn't be super crazy to add in or some such.

Feantari said:
If one were to do such a thing what sort of character or goals are being generally aimed for? That wouldn't be super crazy to add in or some such.
Sakuya's profile essentially sums it up, but tl;dr the Celestial Goddess of Wisdom gets a terrible idea and acts on it, and decides to try to cultivate some Exalted to be not sucky people so she can forge ties between the Exalted and Heaven again since she's not very happy with how the world is going these days.

@Feantari and @JayTee, you guys are in.

So, we have players now. Awesome. Super excited.

Feantari said:
Currently, what I'd like to do is cut away from what we have and instead do some super-focused play after deciding who, what, and where we'll be focussing. I want to dump the appetizer and get right in the meat and potatoes. Also, the main feel for this game comes from another game I love where you, the players, are keen to most, if not all, the knowledge of the story. In fact, you often will be the ones creating it together with me in collaboration.

I'll show you.

Let's start with something simple so you guys can build your characters. We're looking for ideas and characters that can compliment Sakuya's concept and story. So, @Tabby, can you give these guys a nutshell of Sakuya and what she wants?

Blacklion is still interested by the way. And since the meeting with him was a primary core concept, no reason to cut him out now.

Tabby said:
Blacklion is still interested by the way. And since the meeting with him was a primary core concept, no reason to cut him out now.
That's great news. Then, when he's back, we'll pick that meeting right up. Thanks!

So, I have a couple concepts in mind and I can also hit up the drawing board. Easiest to fit, a Solar Eclipse from a previous game of Wlf's, Aethan. I am particularly interested, especially in the context of Sakuya's mission, in playing one of the Solar shards lost to either Malfeas or the underworld (preferably Malfeas). However I would propose to play such a character from a somewhat naive position such that there is minimal chore in fitting them to the group (not that they would fit-in mind, but that they wouldn't be completely lost to madness or beyond influence). I created a character previously that I think would work with some modification (less brainwashing for one), Oneos. Alternately, I can sketch up something new, which I would not mind doing.

Mine too, hah. Good times! Sarky was a cool feller.

@Feantari I'm straight up retarded today so bear with me please, but what do you mean by 'somewhat naive position' on the Malfeas guy? How do you like how it fits into Sakuya's mission?

Ditto, It's been way too long. We need to game together more often~ :)

Any chance I could get a TL;DR of the plot so far? Also, any character niches that I could fill? I was thinking a sneaky stabby Night Caste. :cool:

Tabby said:
Mine too, hah. Good times! Sarky was a cool feller.
@Feantari I'm straight up retarded today so bear with me please, but what do you mean by 'somewhat naive position' on the Malfeas guy? How do you like how it fits into Sakuya's mission?
Naive in the sense of not knowing the world and how things work on a larger scale. Such that actually having been out in creation for a bit after Malfeas makes some aspects of the whole Yozi's are good guys bits rather clear(ly wrong).

I think her whole mission of change is even more compelling with the realization that she would have to change the solars as well. Also I think the goddess of wisdom would have some unique perspective on things that would make it easier to manage the whole be a good guy/this is the right team thing.

The smallest of recaps:

Sakuya, Goddess of Wisdom, has forsaken her duties to step into Creation and move the pieces herself. She has glimpsed hope for the future and it is held in the hearts of those touched by the Sun. The Solars can right what has been wronged and unite Creation against all who aim to destroy or enslave it.

And yet, even this hope is but a sliver; a small crumbling husk waiting to be delicately plucked from the dark maw of despair. Sakuya, even knowing this, has given it all up and risked unimaginable eternal punishment to ensure Creation's future.

Upon her first step into the forest of the Threshold, Sakuya stumbles upon V'neef Suzume, a young Lunar born Dynast who has spurned all ties to carve an existence for herself.

After introductions and deciding to walk together, the pair stumble upon a war-band encamped in a gully. After witnessing cruelty to a captive, Sakuya, Suzume, and a mysterious stranger named Deus step in to stop the violence.

Trying to keep it small . . .

That's about where we left off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds pretty interesting. I was thinking of going for a sneaky stabby Night Caste, but that seems to be outside of the themes that this game seems to be going for. I'll do some thinking and try to come up with a build for you by sometime tomorrow. :)

Honestly, anything will work. A night would be just fine. Play whatever you're interested in.

I should mention again, if you haven't figured it out already, this isn't standard Exalted. Check the House Rules section. It's more free-form-y then anything.

Given that you want to aim for regional level goals or motivations to start with, what region are these things taking place in?

Okay, so I lied and I wont have my sneaky stabby Night Caste up and running for you by tonight. Tomorrow evening should be the limit, though. Sorry about the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back