• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Free Character Portraits! [Closed for now]

SilverSuzi

Daydreamer
I'm trying to improve my art skills, but I need inspiration and motivation. So, does anyone want their character drawn? Due to a busy life, and being pretty slow at drawing, I'm only planning on doing 2-4 pictures for now. (Edit: Got 4 requests already.) More people can ask if they want, but I can't guarantee I'll still be up for it by the time I work through the first few. We'll just have to see!

Here are a few of my drawings:

GqZwB8r.png

qhAaJAu.png

Alrighty then, if you'd like to request a portrait, just post below or PM me with a description of your character (appearance and personality, please! helps me get a better idea) and/or reference images. I'll include a form in a spoiler below, which you can use if you want to save time so I won't have to ask you too many questions about the picture you want. Just a suggestion.

My only requirement is they must be humanoid characters. I can do horns, fangs, tails, different ear shapes, etc., but if it's very far off from a basic human figure, I'd rather not tackle that for now. Oh yeah, and no "adult themes", of course.

In addition to references or description, feel free to specify a pose and a mood or emotion, I'll even try to include props if you like. Backgrounds will probably be just a solid color, unless I'm feeling particularly inspired.

Thanks for stopping by!

Appearance Basics
Name:
Species/Race:
Apparent Gender: (if applicable)
Apparent Age:
Height:
Body Shape/Type:
Hair: (color, length, & style. Reference images are greatly appreciated here.)
Skin color:
Face Details: (optional if you have a faceclaim/reference pic to show me)
Clothing Style & Details: (References are greatly appreciated.)
Props: (weapons, tools, whatever)
Markings: (scars, tattoos, etc.)

Other Helpful Info
Personality: (things like posture, if they're outgoing or timid, tense or easy-going, happy or grumpy, etc. are really helpful)
Default Mood/Expression:
Desired Pose: (if you don't know/don't care, I'll come up with something myself)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, your art is really pretty! I especially like that last one, of the girl in the blue dress. Are these your characters?

Anyway, I was going to ask... Would you be willing to draw this character? Her personality and history are on that post, but I'll put some basic stuff here.

Name: Elizabeth Anne Douglas
Species/Race: Human
Apparent Age: mid-twenties
Height: Medium height, about 5'3 or 4.
Body Shape/Type: Medium, maybe a bit on the small side, not especially large or small
Hair: Long, wavy, red-brown, usually braided or tied back - I'm trying to include a picture to show length and color. I guess style would just be a loose French braid or a half-up, half-down thing. Something like the picture would probably be alright too, though maybe pulled back a bit more.
Skin color: Pale, with freckles
Face Details: Blue eyes, freckles, green glasses
Clothing Style & Details: Prefers simple or old-fashioned clothing, likes blues, greens, and browns, usually long sleeves and skirts or pants (ring and glasses in attachments), flattering but modest, traditional
Props: Hmm... Maybe a pet Border Collie or a black-and-white kitten?

Other Helpful Info
Personality: On the post - Personality and History
Default Mood/Expression: Hmm... Well, I think she's usually pretty happy, if a bit feisty sometimes, so there's that.
Desired Pose: I don't care, you can choose something. She's working as a veterinary assistant in this case, but I'd like it to be flexible enough to where it could work even if I change her occupation.

Green-Frieze-ventura-ave-pine-green-fv.jpg

Hair-Braided.jpg

sterling-silver-ladies-authentic-claddagh-ring.jpg

Wow, your art is really pretty! I especially like that last one, of the girl in the blue dress. Are these your characters?

Anyway, I was going to ask... Would you be willing to draw this character? Her personality and history are on that post, but I'll put some basic stuff here.

Thank you very much! Yes, some are my RP characters, some are just from other stories of mine.

I'd be happy to draw her, she sounds lovely! I think I'll go with including a kitten, haven't got much experience with animals yet so that should be fun but not too challenging. I'll get started on it today, but as I said in my first post, I'm slow at this and don't have tons of free time, so it may take a few days or more. I'll keep you posted on how it's going in a couple days. =)

[SIZE= 16px]Appearance Basics[/SIZE]
Name: Theodore "Theo" Merr
Apparent Gender:  Male
Apparent Age:  Late Teens
Height: 5'11"
Body Shape/Type: Tall /  Thin / Lanky
Hair: Dark Blue, Unkempt, Shoulder Length. Similar to this: 

tumblr_mp6jugwUZw1s2hir7o1_500.jpg
Skin color: See above photo.
Face Details: Green Eyes / Sharp Features / Small Birthmark on Chin 
Clothing Style & Details:

He is never seen without his basketball team's blue and white letterman jacket with his last name and the number "87" on the back. When not at practice, he usually wears dark blue jeans with dark gray vans. Black shirt beneath the jacket. 
Props: Nada
Markings: Nope

[SIZE= 16px]Other Helpful Info[/SIZE]
Personality: He isn't shy, but he isn't outgoing. He prefers sticking to the sidelines and silently judging people. He's very judgemental. Competitive and impatient. 
Default Mood/Expression: he either has an annoyed scowl or a blank expression.

images-5.jpg
Desired Pose: 

3d66fdcd604a59f5bd72117e3f2bd749.jpg

Something like this but may be less sexy and more pissed off

Had to make this two times, Jesus Christ. I love your style, especially the last one as well! They look great. Cx

Thank you very much! Yes, some are my RP characters, some are just from other stories of mine.

I'd be happy to draw her, she sounds lovely! I think I'll go with including a kitten, haven't got much experience with animals yet so that should be fun but not too challenging. I'll get started on it today, but as I said in my first post, I'm slow at this and don't have tons of free time, so it may take a few days or more. I'll keep you posted on how it's going in a couple days. =)

They seem very interesting... (:

Okay, thank you very much. That sounds fine... (:

ooh, i really like your style. if you wouldn't mind drawing my character, i'd be happy to see your take on him. 

Name: spook

Species/Race: human

Apparent Gender: male

Apparent Age: 16-18

Height: 5'9

Body Shape/Type: very thin and  lanky
Hair: glossy blue-black and worn over one eye, see image

Skin color: he's very pale

Face Details: kind of androgynous, anime-ish features. delicate jaw with big, expressive eyes.

Clothing Style & Details: usually wearing a black hoodie or graphic tshirt, dark skinny jeans and wristbands/fingerless gloves

Props: none? 
Markings: he has black snakebite piercings. 

Other Helpful Info
Personality: shy and generally pessimistic, he's often sad but has a sarcastic side. 

Default Mood/Expression:

rather gloomy

Desired Pose: your choice! 

picture i drew:

image.jpg

Can I claim the last slot and set up the details later? I want someone to draw my character Sky, but I'm afraid it might take too long to fill out all of that information and someone'll beat me to it XD

Can I claim the last slot and set up the details later? I want someone to draw my character Sky, but I'm afraid it might take too long to fill out all of that information and someone'll beat me to it XD

Sure thing, no worries. Got a lot to work on now, so take your time. =)

Something like this but may be less sexy and more pissed off

Had to make this two times, Jesus Christ. I love your style, especially the last one as well! They look great. Cx

Thank you! Your picture is 2nd on my list, I'll let you know once I've started on it. =)

ooh, i really like your style. if you wouldn't mind drawing my character, i'd be happy to see your take on him.

I like your style too! Hope I can learn to color/shade as well as you do, someday. =) I'll draw Spook 3rd, after the other two, and let you know when I get there.

Thanks everyone. This is all I can guarantee to work on for now. I'll open requests up again when I've finished these 4, if I still feel like it. =D

@SilverSuzi I just realized that I linked you to my CS in a Hosted Project, so it may not have actually worked... I can repost it here if it didn't, since there is a bit more detail that I didn't include here. Sorry about the trouble!

Name: Sky Fryar

(Mind if I combine body type, hair, skin, face, and clothing with a picture? XD)
large.Sky.jpg.31ec0b128787b7ae81cb1c8f873fc487.jpg

Props: A light pink staff with a quarter-circle arch on top, facing outwards. The staff is able to emit a magical blade through the arch. Feel free to add any other details to it as well.

Personality: She likes to talk to new people, and seems fairly happy on the outside. Observant viewers will notice, however, that she's hiding a sad past behind her joyful expression - She uses it to distract herself from the enormity of the things she's set out to correct, instead focusing on what she's doing right here, right now rather than the big picture. When things get serious, she gets focused, and the look on her face is one of sheer determination and will to succeed.
Default Mood/Expression: Default? Probably the happy expression she uses to hide from her other emotions.
Desired Pose: I originally wanted a picture of her fighting with another one of my characters, but I'd rather not burden you with two characters in one picture XD So whatever looks good, I guess. Laying down with her staff next to her, standing up ready for battle, sitting and chatting with the viewer, just to name a few that could work  :smile1:

Let me know if you need anything else ^.^

*Sees amazing art and Free commissions*

*Sees it's closed*

*Dies inside*

jk, can't wait till this is open again >.>

@AlbaGuBrath Finished with your picture! I hope my interpretation of your character is close to how you envision her. Let me know what you think, and thank you for the request!

ElizabethDouglas.png

I'll be getting started on the next picture (Ambela's Theo Merr) tomorrow, I think. I see there's been some interest in my re-opening commissions in the future, and I think I will be doing that once I finish this batch, but I may take a week or two break to work on my own art in between. =)

@AlbaGuBrath Finished with your picture! I hope my interpretation of your character is close to how you envision her. Let me know what you think, and thank you for the request!

View attachment 228474

I'll be getting started on the next picture (Ambela's Theo Merr) tomorrow, I think. I see there's been some interest in my re-opening commissions in the future, and I think I will be doing that once I finish this batch, but I may take a week or two break to work on my own art in between. =)

It's very pretty! Thank you very much! (:

@spookie spook Finished with the portrait of Spook. I'm sorry it took so long, turned out to be a trickier pose than I first anticipated, and I got real busy with other life things. But I'm pleased with how it turned out, and I hope you like it too!

Spook.png

@LegoLad659 Yours is next, though it'll be a couple days before I can get started on it, and I'm afraid it might take a little while to complete too. Sorry for the wait, I'll keep you updated as I get closer to finishing it.

thank you so much! i love it! the expression, the pose, everything ^^ totally worth the wait and even better than i'd imagined.

looks pretty nice. though, i feel like some of your art needs work but that's just me.

Hello!

I just want to say that I like what you're doing, and it's good to know there are people out there who are offering this service (bit of a dry way of putting it, oh well). Keep up the good work!

@LegoLad659 So sorry for the wait. Sky's portrait is finally complete. I hope you enjoy it!

SkyFryar.png

Thanks to everyone who stopped by, made requests, and said nice things about my art! I'm not re-opening commissions right now, but will in the future when I have more time. This was a lot of fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back