• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Freaks of The Circus {MoxieDov X Shadows Demons}

MoxieDov

Duchess of Procrastination

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Step right up and prepare yourself to observe the greatest acts on this very Earth!

Come one, come all to The Circus!

Witness the Freaks, creatures that will send delightful shivers up your spine!

~

Without further adieu, here is The Circus!

Wind coursed through the environment, blowing crisp leaves off from their branches. The sound of the bronze-coloured vegetation colliding with one another brought calm to his senses. Despite the fact his eyes were closed in an act of relaxing, the muscles in his body remained tense, almost rigid. Even though most would disagree, the breeze that Mother Nature provided for him was enough to loosen the tension that resided in his form. The temperature was just right, not too cold nor warm. This fact seemed odd, as the man was sitting alone, under a tree, with only a crisp shirt that lacked a left sleeve, on his upper half. Down below, he sported a pair of black trousers and grey trainers.

Shifting his right hand, he reached up and tenderly rubbed his bare biceps, where a moderately sized plaster was pressed against. The spot pulsed with pain each time he accidentally applied slight pressure onto it. No matter how many times Eden needed to get blood inserted into his body, he would never get used to the agony that followed. Nevertheless, it was a good feeling to have enough of the crimson fluid in your body. Yesterday, he was feeling horribly light-headed, so much he couldn't even concentrate on his act fully without messing something up. For instance, when he was supposed to climb his severed right hand up a rope, it fell straight back to the practise mat several times, as every dozen seconds, an intense spell of dizziness would plague his mind. After taking the time to collect his mind, he went straight to the Ringmaster's temporarily tent, informing the leader of his need for a blood transfusion. If he was honest, Eden knew he needed another soon, since it had been almost three weeks since his last.

Parting indifferent coloured eyes, he gazed back at the large marquee that was set up this morning. From his spot upon a nearby hill, he could just see figures scurrying around the premises, the majority of them carrying large crates while others simply strolled with one another. Eden was not a sort of person to deliberately isolate themselves from others, and was definitely not one to sit in a place where silence surrounded him. But these times were different, and it was a known fact that Eden was quite moody after his transplants, which was expected, as you would be after 4 hours of needles being jabbed into your flesh. Humming a soft tune to rid of the noiseless area he was in, he leant back against the trunk of the tree, allowing his eyelids to slid over his eyes once more.

Jackie stretched her arms slightly as if she was getting prepared to do something, which she was. She was going to just...practice. She needed to practice if she was going to be good at what she did. Well, she definitely hoped she would be good. It wasn't her first year in the circus, but she had taken a break to heal from injuries. Now she was back and ready to do this. "I don't know what to think about being back." She murmured as she was hanging upside down in a tree, but she let her legs get unfolded from the tree and she dropped down onto her feet with a sigh.

Jackie shook her head slightly, "well." She dropped onto her feet, she could hear breathing in one of the trees, but she was just going to leave whoever that was alone, people made her nervous after all. "So I guess I need to find someone to practice with." She murmured, looking at the people...sort of people...walking around. Jackie was pretty normal other than her flexibility. So she felt like the oddball.

Ears picking up on the faint sound of a body hitting the ground with grace, he reopened his eyes. Not many people tend to stray away from the main area, as they all had their own errands to run and seemed to be constantly busy. Readjusting his posture, he shuffled around the base of the tree, using his hands to push his form. Despite knowing he should stay out of others' business, Eden poked his head around the bend of the wooden trunk, peering in the direction of the voice.

An eyebrow raised upon his face, his gaze setting upon the young female. He had to admit that he had not seen this particular person in the circus before, though she seemed familiar. Judging by her clothes, Eden guessed that she would be either an animal trainer or one of the many performers of acrobatics. After taking an additional second to consider about his further actions, his lips parted cautiously. "Hello? Are you alright?" The dirty blond haired male questioned, pressing a hand against the tree.

Jackie looked up an she would look towards the person that was in the tree and she gave a weak smile, nodding her head a little bit. She had never seen him before, but she had heard about him before so she walked towards him in the tree so she didn't have to exactly yell for him, she didn't like people over hearing her conversation. That would be a bad thing in her opinion. She hated people over hearing her conversations.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just....thinking, that's all. I have to practice and I have no one to practice with." Jackie rubbed the back of her neck. "And I was just talking to myself, but I'm really fine." She gave a small, weak smile.

Seeing the woman's act of happiness, he couldn't help but return the curve of his lips. As she made her over to his spot, Eden realised that it would strange for him to remain lounging whilst someone else was speaking to him. His fingers curled in, nails digging into the hard bark as another hand pushed his frame off of the ground. Taking a couple of moments to return to his full height, he removed his palm from the harsh surface, and decided to lean his entire body against it.

After the couple of milliseconds of silence that followed the female's words, Eden suddenly removed his weight from the vegetation and bowed with a stylish flair. "Well, look no further, madam! I, Eden Parkerson AKA The Detachable Man will be glad to help you practise." The blonde announced, tilting his head up ever so slightly, a gentle grin upon his mouth. Even though he may not be in the best mood, he would never overlook an opportunity to entertain / show off his skills to someone. "What may your name be?"

He was a strange one. SHe had heard about him from others. That he was mean and a jerk mainly, but Jackie liked to see how people were before deciding to actually judge someone. Judging was always an awful mean thing to do so she wouldn't go there like everyone else. No she would not. "Jackie. That's my name." She smiled at him. He didn't seem too mean.

But she was a little...surprised, if not ecstatic when he said he would help her practice. "Wonderful! No one really likes helping anyone practice anyone so it's a challenge to find someone."

Giving a little nod in acknowledgement after the female's name was revealed to him, he then proceeded to lift his head back up. An inviting smile would remain upon his lips, as he would hate to give off a bad reputation. After all, Eden was one of the most popular acts of the Circus.

"I cannot think of a reason why." He added, taking note of the excitement radiating off of the girl's form. "Now, what act do you preform? Whatever it is, I should be able to help in some sort of way." The dirty blonde questioned, tilting his head to the right ever so slightly, just enough for part of his fringe to fall over an eye.

Jackie looked at him. "Acrobatics. Either with a partner or without and I'm stuck with doing it with a partner for the next act." She said, a little nervously. She was just starting to get nervous because she was indeed a little nervous right now.

Jackie would rub the back of her neck before looking at him. "Still think you can help? It's not knife throwing so I don't exactly have a chance on killing you at least. That's something good to think about." She gave a weak smile.

At the mention of the said performance, a spark of playfulness shot throughout his form, smile widening if it was even possible. Acrobatics would give him a chance to showcase his tricks and due to his detachable limbs, Eden would be able to do things that ordinary humans would not be able to. He straightened out the angle of his head, as he could gradually feel the bandages around his neck tightening. Remaining silent for another couple of seconds, the blonde listened to the woman's words, giving a little chuckle.

"Yup, I can help you. I may not be that flexible but I'm sure I can improvise." He stated, shrugging ever so slightly at his own words. After a couple of seconds of flexing his wrists, Eden turned his attention back to the female in-front. "Are we set to start?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back