• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Foxes Trots (CLOSED)

She wiped her face with her arm sloppily as soon as she felt his touch. She hadn't even realized she was crying in front of Isaac right then. But she didn't move away, or smack his hand or do anything she would usually do. But she also didn't move in closer or do anything to signal that she was comfortable with it.

She was too inebriated to respond to what he was saying, so she just have a half-focused nod before looking up at him, her muscles starting to replace from his touch. It was like he was a tall, weird dancing angel that was in her life to edit all of her horrible little flaws. Well okay in reality it was more like he was helping her to become healthier.

Her thoughts mixed themselves up when he spoke up again, and she found herself grinning. "Yes."

Tentatively she moved in front of him and shook out her hair. She didn't realize because of the substances but she was basically in his lap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaac was admittedly surprised by her sitting halfway on top of him, but he didn't comment on it. He didn't mind closeness much. He was a ballroom dancer after all, he spent most of his time with his hands around a girls waist, performing lifts and leading.

So Isaac set about braiding her hair. It was a bit knotted, but he did his best to gently untangle it with surprisingly quick fingers as he braided. He did her hair with a practiced ease, the braid was tight and it was obvious he knew where he was going with it. And after another moment of comfortable, sleepy silence in the dusk of the stressful day they had just experienced. Isaac heaved out a breath and ventured out cautiously with a mild voice,

"Either way Shortie, if you won't considering dropping the drugs because of me, do it for Oliver." Of course Isaac didn't expect the girl to do anything for Oliver, she'd only met the short boy no even two hours ago. But he could hope, and he really did want to make up what he had done to the other. Because though Isaac wasn't all that great at showing it, he cared about Oliver like he would about a brother,

"He doesn't deal well with talk of drugs or anything surrounding drugs. He's had some bad experiences- Well it's not my place to say, but..." Isaac paused for a moment struggling to find the words to express what he meant without betraying Oliver's privacy and ended just saying,

"Anyway, I owe both you and him an apology for earlier... Hair band?" He'd finished beading and was wondering if Jacquelyn had a hair band for his work. He, of course, didn't make a habit of carrying hair bands, his own hair was way too short to be tied back, and he had the sneaking suspicion that Jacquelyn didn't either. Why else would she need a pen to hold her hair up?

When she was extremely little, maybe five or six, her mother braided her hair in a tight french braid right in the middle of the back of her hair. She was never taught how to do it herself, so she'd always ask ever new person she met if they new how to french braid hair. Secretly she's hoping her mother will do it for her again. She looked considerably more 'boy-ish' with her hair like this, but she loved it so much.

The way Isaac did it made it feel like her mom was doing it. Kind of like a head massage. Or maybe she's just really high... Jack closed her eyes and smiled, barely able to tune in when he started speaking again. "I uhm..." She blinked, "I won't do drugs anymore, around him. I promis, okay?" She asked, absently putting a hand on his thigh and closing her eyes again. "I don't have a hair band, stupid Fancy man..." she chuckled, rubbing her eyes with her hands.

"...How early are we waking up tomorrow... Also where am I sleeping... Also I can't get off the roof..."

Isaac sighed and lifted up the braid a little as if there might be a hairband hiding under it, "Oh well, we can find some string or something." Then he got up, brushing off the butt of his pants, humor in his voice saying,

"Here I got you, there's no way I'm sending you home on a motorcycle like this. You can stay at my place." He offered a hand to help her up as he struggled to form a plan to get Jacquelyn into his room without Oliver noticing just how high she was. That would be bad for the short dancer, really bad. He really hoped Oliver and Drake had retreated to Oliver's room or had fallen asleep, but he wasn't the type to plan for the best. So he figured just getting Jacquelyn through the front room as quickly as possible was probably his best chance. It was just now, that he truly wished Jacquelyn would had refrained from doing drugs. He probably should've told her why his roommate couldn't even stand it as someone spoke of them. But he thought it a tender subject that he should leave to Oliver to reveal to Jacquelyn if he feels he should or can.

She took his hand and stood up on wobbly legs, "but..." She lost her train of thought, laughing slightly. "There is a ladder I think..." She was attempted to reach back in her memories to the time where she actually climbed up here. She shook her head and yawned, "I'm sorry about getting high..." She mumbled, look out at the blackness being interrupted by the street lights. "If you pick me up I'll bite you." She said quietly, almost in a whisper-y tone, as she was looking out at the sky.

Her mind was so fuzzy at the moment, and for splint second she hoped that Isaac wouldn't do anything to take advantage of it. Her step brother used to, they'd drop her off at one of their friends house for a couple extra bucks. She fucking hated it.

She shook her head again and looked up at Isaac, her eyes trying to focus on his features. She was frowning, waiting.

Isaac nodded at her mention of the ladder, that was there, and then sighed, she just had to make this hard for him, didn't she? He chewed at his lip for a few moments before looking down at the girl and suggesting,

"How about this, you get on my back and I'll climb down, but you've really gotta cling on because I won't be able to support you with my arms." He knew he could most likely climb down with the girl on his back, he had confidence in his own strength, but he just hoped she would be willing to get on his back or else he wouldn't be able to do anything.

Instead of letting her answer in words though, Isaac just turned and crouched down, offering his back as he added, a bit sly,

"Remember, I let you drive me around on that antique thing in the parking lot, and, really, who's the more trust-worthy of the two of us?"

She frowned, to dizzy to really think it threw. She knew if anything didn't go smoothly she could just jump and run, but that came with it's risks. At the same time she didn't exactly know how her good her grip was at a time like this.

She swallowed and climbed onto his back, wrapping one arm around his neck and the other under his arm so she wouldn't choke him. "If you drop me I'll cut holes into the nipples of all your shirts." She said,closing her eyes and hoping for the best. The best being getting to the ground without any major wounds, though minor cuts and bruises were aloud.

Isaac rolled his eyes and teased as he began walking towards the ladder, supporting her legs with his arms for the time being,

"I'd be at a loss too if I dropped you. But if you weren't my dance partner it might be a different story." Then the young man lowered his arms from Jacquelyn's legs and turned to make his way down the ladder. It was rough going at first, as it was a bit awkward to get a hold of the first rung with someone on your back, and though it probably would've been easier had they been going up the ladder instead of down, Isaac made it down.

By the time they were off the ladder and in the hallway, Isaac couldn't find the patience to stop and let Jacquelyn off so he just wrapped his arms around her legs once again and carried her the rest of the way to the door of his apartment. But as soon as they reached his apartment he shook the girl a bit and said,

"Alright Shortie, hop off."

The ride down made her feel sick but there was absolutely no way she was going to tell him that while he was carrying her from the fucking roof. Though, as soon as he let her down and her feet touched the ground she felt sick again, only ten times worse. She lost her balance and fell on her knees, attempting to throw up but having nothing come up. She hadn't eaten since... The day before... So nothing came out.

"I-I'm sorry," she mumbled, rubbing her face and attempting to pick herself up, "I'm sorry," she repeated, thanking the universe that her hair was back. She repeated her apologies several more times before she actually got to her feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back