• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fountains of Solace

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The day began as nothing extraordinary.

It was a wonderful Tuesday morning. The sun rose over the slightly misty grass of the Hills, morning dew steaming slowly off of the ground below. People, monsters and humans alike, got up and got ready for their workdays. Solace Burrow was awake. A chill breeze ran through the leaves on the street, as small puddles began to evaporate in the Town Plaza. Autumn was coming, and due to an incident with the boiler, school was out for an indefinite amount of time.

In four households, four different families also wake.

In Solace Burrow, out story begins with four young students. A human, a bat, a bird, and a racc-rabbit. I wonder what they're doing now...

| Where... |
| Where am I? |
| Hello...? Anyone...? |
| Is...is anybody out there? |

1633127479099.png

Puddles always pooled on the driveway of the Ashford house, slowly trickling down the slight incline to spread itself across the sidewalk. It meant that when Taffeta got up each morning, early enough to see sunlight spilling over the horizon, she was met with swirling pools of colors. The whisper of a project she had spent hours on a day before. Carefully drawn lines blurring into brilliant swirls and then muddy splotches. She would have to hose down the sidewalk this time, it happened every once in a while. Not enough water to wash it away, but too much for it to survive.

Normally Taffeta would sit and watch it for a few minutes, wondering if she should take a picture before dismissing the idea out of hand. Now, with school closed? She didn't have any hurry. The door creaked open, sandals slapping across the porch. Not AA, they wouldn't bother and not her mother or father, they wouldn't wake up for a bit longer. Jean stepped besides Taffeta, taking a long sip of tea.

"You should really draw them somewhere else, Taffy," Jean huffed. "You always get sad, even though they always get destroyed."

Taffeta puffed out her cheeks, slowly piecing together a reply. "The fleetingness is significant. An element. A theme even."

Jean just shrugged. "Are you going to wash it away and start over?"

Taffeta hummed and stood up, brushing the bits of grass off of her clothes. She thought for a moment before shaking her head. Probably not here, not today. There was something... right about leaving it for a moment, not prettying it up or washing it away quite yet.

"I'll let the pavement mourn." The words were mumbled under her breath, more to herself than any kind of reply.

Taffeta turned to head inside, and she could hear her sister's eyes rolling. The mumble following her exit could have been any of a number of comments she had heard, but Taffeta didn't care. After all, AA had stopped by Panfran the day before, and Taffeta was not going to let anyone get to that danish before her.

Drake

The sizzle leaking out of the trailer's window is one of the nicer daily sounds to emit from the Miller household. The smell of peanut butter and banana flood the kitchen, and there a bat mother fries her family's breakfast, occasionally sipping at a heavily sweetened black coffee to fight her nocturnal instincts. Nocturnal instincts her energetic son seemed to have no issue with. Lit up by a golden wash of light peeking out from the kitchen's blinders, he proudly finishes the last of last night's dishes.
"Then, then after we watched that movie, it was all dark and spooky, you know? So one of my friends came up with the idea of a bravery contest! Whoever stood at the Steward Family cemetery the longest wins. Annnnd naturally, 'cuz I'm the bravest, I went first, kehehe!" After putting the last cup on the drying rack, he swiftly plucks a golden delicious off their fruit bowl, sinking his teeth in without a seconds hesitation. The fruit bat mother smiled with relief over to her son–thanking God that they'd gotten rid of their plastic fruit. "Oh? And did you win, hon?" "Heck yeah I did! I beat all of them, can you believe it?!" But then.. his grin falls a little, and he scratches his chin. "Er.. but then again, I was the only one who did the challenge. When I came back to the entrance a minute in, for some reason, they were gone. I couldn't find them anywhere, so that's when I came home.."
His mother pauses in the process of handing Drake his breakfast. After a few blinks, she swiftly recovers, pulling up a sad smile. "Oh. Well, maybe they were too spooked out, hon.." Drake brightens, eagerly taking the fried peanut butter and banana sandwich–his favorite, and carefully sliding it into his backpack. "Oh, yeah! Kehehe, that's probably why. Thanks!" As he slides on his backpack, one strap of course to be extra cool, Brianna subtly slips in a pack of Halloween-themed band aids while his pack is turned. "Be safe, okay? I'll be at work late tonight, so–," she hurries up, panicking because her son is already leaving out the door, "don't forget to come back to your father for dinner before his night shift starts, Drake!"
Working fast, Drake cackles distantly, distantly because he's already on his half rusted metal scooter. "Okay, okayyy, got it, seeya mom!"
Then, with his scooter rattling from the pebble walkway below, he's off to town. He grins up to the cloudy sky, the cool breeze making him glad he has fur. Let's see..
What petty crimes will he commit today?

Samuel

"The early bird catches the worm." That's what Benjamin Franklin said.

Wait, no, that was William Camden...sorta similar, both death dudes from a few hundred years ago.

But Samuel would care.

He was already up. It took time to gussy up, and he'd rather die than show up not looking his best.

He was just delicately tucking in his crevette when-

"SAAAAMMM! I'M LEAVING, COULD YOU WALK MARY TO SCHOOL!?"

The bird scoffed in frustration, turning away from the mirror as he yelled back, "IT'S SAMUEL! AND YES I CAN!"

He turned back to making himself look pretty, sighing as he muttered to himself, "Always leaving it to me...you'd think they'd just make me run the town at this point..."

At last, he looked presentable. And by presentable I mean like he'd just walked off the step of a period drama. All that was missing was a powdered wig, really. Though one had to admit, he did sort of rock that long coat. Especially with how the red matched with the coming fall...but fashion aside!

Samuel, son of Benjamin, strolled down the stairs of the Jameson clan's home (don't ask why it's clan and not just family, Sam is weird.) As he broke the stairs, he nearly tripped on his clawed feet as a small blur passed by.

"SamSamSamSamSam hurry up! It's almost time for school!"

His sharp eyes fell on a little chick practically bouncing around the house in excitement. While his beaked face was unreadable, stern as his great-great-great (insert a few more greats) grandfather's statue in the town center, beneath the surface... he couldn't help but smile.

Mary had barely started molting her feathers for the first time. She'd yet to feel the weight of growing up, the weight of responsibility, of one's very own blood. Oh, the innocence of youth...truly, if there was a God, children were the vessels in which He visited his greatest works on the world.

Tossing a surprisingly well made leather satchel over his shoulder, Samuel gently grabbed Mary's collar as she ran by him again. Those piercing eyes watched her intently, like how an eagle stalks it's prey.

"...your hair looks quite regal today, Mary."

She smiled widely. "Mhm! Mom helped me do it!"

Whatever smile Samuel made have had faded. Of course she had time for Mary, but not him...

The theater kid turned dramatically, coat somehow flapping majestically in the nonexistent wind.

"Come, we musn't be late. What sort of older brother would I be, if I let my sister be tardy?"

And off they were. It was oddly...wholesome? This towering, lanky 18th century fop, casually strolling down the streets beside a completely normal looking girl.

As the coming autumn breeze blew past, Samuel couldn't help but feel...uneasy. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

"....I FORGOT MY HOMEWORK AT THE HOUSE! YOU GO AHEAD!"

And off he ran, sorta like a scared chicken, all the way back home.

He was gonna be late...

Winter "Winnie" Cadence
BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

An arm moved tiredly around trying to shut off that alarm that was going off on her bedstand. Winter sat up tiredly and thought today was a weekend but realized today is a Day she was heading to that store to get that limited edition video game. She jumped out of bed and hurriedly changes clothes, and she almost fell but did bump into a dresser trying to put on her shirt causing a loud noise and her saying "Ow" and realized something is missing and it was her scarf it wasn't hanging on the door rack like it usually does.. She looked all around her room and accidentally knocked down a couple of trinkets from her parent's adventures out of town. Then there was this knock at the door.

"Come in!"

In stepped her younger sister Rosemary."Looking for your scarf again?"She asked. Winter nodded, as her sister handed her scarf to her. Winter smiled s she grabbed it from her sister and puts it on."Thanks."Winter thanked. Rosemary smiled."No problem big sister, Also Momma is making pancakes and Eggs."Rosemary Said. Winter brightened up as if it was Christmas."Pancakes! Heck yes!"She exclaimed. The Raccoon/ Rabbit-like monster ran out of her room and headed downstairs in a blizt. Rosemary shook her head sighing that when there's pancakes there's no stopping Winter. Winter headed inside of the kitchen as she was greeted by her mother."Good morning Winnie."Summer greeted. Winter smiled happily as she sat down at the table."Mornin' mom."She greeted back. Summer was currently putting the plates onto the table as Rosemary came downstairs. "Seems like you slept well are you excited about something?"Summer asked noticing her daughter's excitement. Winter smiled."Yep! I'm getting that Limited Editionof that video game! And I'm going to beat my high score at the Arcade!"She exclaimed.

Summer seemed surprised as She sat at the table, The Two daughters started eating their breakfast. "Dad is at work currently right?"She asked. Summer nodded."Yeah, But he'll be back at 8 like the usual."She said "Also will you deliver his lunch to the arcade ad also can you bring you sister with you? you could teach her a few things at the arcade"Summer asked. Rosemary looked at her older sister pleadingly but Winter Nodded."Sure why not."She said. But the Clock chimed on the kitchen wall and Winter looked surprised."I gotta go!"She said getting up from the table and Rosemary did as well. Her mother gotten up and handed a Box with Solstance's Lunch to Winter."Be careful Winnie and have a good day."She said. Winter smirked."Will do."She answered. SThe Raccoon/ Rabbit Turned around to face her sister."Come on rosemary!"She exclaimed. The Two sibling rushed out of the house and soon the both of them was outside running down the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back