Journal Found my old FF.net account...

merameranomi

I used to be super into roleplaying but, life happened. For a long time. In the last few years, I've felt very disconnected from myself. I lost touch with everyone I knew. Luckily, things do, in fact, get better. It sounds cliche, but hey, so is poetry. Find beauty in the little things and keep going until you're nowhere near where you started. Choose to be kind instead of cold. One day, not even two weeks ago, I woke up and everything just was better. Life can be like that.

A few days ago I came across my old fanfiction.net account. It took me like, a good half hour of searching through Axis Powers Hetalia stories by oldest publication date to find it. And holy smokes, I am sooo grateful I a) found the account because publishing fanfic in 2009 sounds fake b) never had the foresight to delete the account when I was younger because I am sure as an adult I would be socially executed if any of it came to light. But seriously, I'm overjoyed! It sounds stupid, but it means so much to me I just wanted to share the story. I had a pretty rough childhood, and I can't remember most of my life. But when I read these stories about literally the most unbelievably god awful stupid plot ideas with unending grammatical mistakes, it reminds me I was once a stupid kid. Like, I already love kids so much. And these old stories I have published are like a time capsule that proves I was once a dumbass kid thought writing songfics to "I Hate Everything About You" was a cool idea. Ah, my heart is just so full!

I hope other people have had this experience when looking back on their old selves. If you have a similar story, please feel free to share!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back