Forgotten World

Daryl stopped her and looked down at her with annoyance. "Where the hell are you going all alone?" He gripped his crossbow tighter as he looked down at her. His icy blue eyes glaring at her.

Rose shrugged, suppressing a sigh before replying. "Honestly, I don't know. I'm not human, that much is for sure, but the rest is up for speculation." Actually, Rose did have a fairly good idea of what she was, but she wasn't going to just tell some virtual stranger that. "So, will we have a guard set to make sure nothing nasty tries to kill us in our sleep? If so, who?"

Vincent puts a hand on the guy's shoulder.

" If she wants to go, let her. You shouldn't force someone to do stuffs you know " he looks at her and at the crossbow his hands are tightly gripping at.

Kat nodded to show that she accepted this explanation. "I will, unless anyone else wants to do it." She then glanced around their small 'campsite' to see what the others thought of this.

Angel was not paying much attention to those within the building, his attention more so in his mind at the moment. His interest with the two people he had met recently was rather uncharacteristic of him, the shadows his predetermined location. He had never taken interest in getting to know anyone that was not needed for a contract, it being a frivolous and unneeded necessity in life. It appeared that the day was diverting from his usual norm, it was odd for him to not have a contract or something to hunt and kill…he honestly didn’t know what he was going to do for the moment. He played with the thought of accompanying the two people that he had met, his killer for hire occupation getting rather tedious as the years went on.

When he noticed that Kat and Rose were conversing he raised his head in response to Kat’s offer of taking watch, “No that is fine Kat, I would be happy to take the watch.” His gaze went to Rose for a moment, “I think the both of you could use some sleep, I do not sleep much anyway.“ He stood from the fire and took his katana to the opening of the only entrance to the room, his demeanor rather different than it previously was. It appeared that this time he was in deep thought, in truth he was thinking on what he was going to do in the morning hours. Was he going to leave the group he had found behind or would he stick with people for the first time in his life?

Rose nodded in response to Angel's offer, acknowledging it, and sat down near the exit. "However, Angel, if you feel tired during said watch, feel free to wake me." She then pulled out her gun, an ancient relic that she had stolen a while back. Since the lighting was poor, Rose had no choice but to remove her sunglasses, revealing the strangely colored eyes beneath. She began to meticulously clean out the gun with the cleaning kit she had stolen a bit later, dismantling and scrubbing every pice of the old thing until it shined. Needless to say, it was expensive to fire, but it did kill the metalheads quite effectively. She had it loaded at all times, so there were now six full cartridges laying next to her. She was quickly absorbed in the task- it being a comforting habit of hers-, leaving her hands full- but her mind free. She was not very into trust, it being one of the more useless things in this world, but she had already begun to trust these two slightly- although she was more inclined to trust Kat than Angel. She wondered if perhaps she'd be able to stay with them for more than a week or two. That would be nice, she thought, scrubbing and polishing the inside of the barrel. Even if someone had spoken to her now, it would take physical contact to actually make her notice anything.

"Me too." Kat said in agreement with Rose. She nodded at Angel before retreating off to a corner of the old bookstore. She yawned quietly before taking out her grandmother's journal and leafing through it, even though she had already memorized the contents of the journal by now.

Angel had heard both of them as they went on their ways, it seeming that they trusted him a bit which was odd to him. He was exasperatingly capable but he had never had anyone place any trust in him, the whole notion being rather hilarious in many ways. More times than naught people were more inclined to cringe in fear as they saw him coming, if he even let them see him coming. The whole idea of having someone around that counted on him to keep anything away from a resting place was alien, if not ludicrous.

Nevertheless he nodded in response to the both of them, using no words to let them know he heard what they said. For the moment he sat outside of the building, his gaze into the distance to the enveloped remainder of the town. Taking in each movement he perceived as they came he made no motion to acknowledge his presence to the many creatures that lurked, more often than naught motion setting off a predator’s hunt instinct. For the moment he sat atop the overhanging door frame, which was crumbling slowly considering it’s age.

His breathing was maliciously timed and soft, him blending into the very foliage which surrounded him. Him nothing more than a fly on the wall, nothing more than a painting within many more etchings. If they wanted a quiet sleep then he would watch over what little safety they had, for as long as quiet and safety could be contained in this day and age. For the most part the dangerous animals have deviated away from the region, the dead metal-head seeming to scare any predators away due to the pungent odor from it’s blood.

Alex snapped her head around to face Daryl when he grabbed her good arm. She tried her best to suppress a glare, she was mostly successful. "Who do you think you are?" she said in a slightly angry voice. She did not want to be mean or rude to someone who just helped her, but his attitude wasn't helping. She yanked her arm out of his grip and straightened out her clothing.

Alex looked to the two men and closed her eyes as she sighed, as if she surrender. She looked to Daryl and let her small glare drop, "I'm sorry, it's been..." she took a long pause, thinking about the right words to say next. "awhile since I last talked to someone..." Alex took another long pause to think about what to say so that they wouldn't misunderstand. "nonlethal, let alone helpful." she indicating the last word to the two. She looked to the side as she awkwardly scratched the back of her neck. "So you must try and understand my... shyness." she absolutely hated saying that last word.

As Rose finished cleaning the gun and reassembling it, she felt her eyes begin to droop. She finished loading the gun and curled up where she was around the old firearm. Perhaps she could use some sleep, after all. She was fairly sure that Kat wouldn't kill her whilst she was sleeping, and Angel would be doing guard duty for now. So she allowed herself to lightly doze, trying to just keep awake enough to hear the sounds around her. After a few minutes she was sleeping soundly and deeply.

A smile pulled at the corners of Daryl's lips as he looked down on Alex. "Better get use to it. You are hurt and you can't go out on your own-" He was cut off by the sound of faint growling. He glared into the trees and gripped Alex's good arm and pushed the male away. He ran with them and quickly turned, putting a bolt(arrow) through the eye of a green tiger. It fell and skidded to a stop in front of Daryl. He looked over to the two and huffed. "Up for some good meat?" He grinned and pulled out his knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back