Forgotten World

Kat reached upwards and grasped his hand, climbing up until she saw standing next to him. "Everyone has secrets." She grumbled, looking out at the setting sun. "Well, if that's the case then what made you start being a wanderer? Hm??" Kat glanced up at him as she asked this.

Fang looked up at the two of them, and instead chose to walk inside the old bookstore. The floor was rotting away, and foliage of all types had made its way among the walls and rubble that used to be shelves. Foliage of all kinds. He almost subconsciously began to identify what flowers and leaves were useful or toxic, as well as which ones he had found no use for as of yet. There were only about three kinds, but it was enough to occupy his mind as he looked around for a good place to hole up for the night.

“It’s quite simple,” he said with a light shrug, his eyes meeting her own as he continued, “I have no need to stay in the same place, my mother abandoned me at a young age and my father was dead before that.” He smiled lightly and shook his head, “That is not a bad thing though, not having a family has made it easy to do what I do.” He sat up against a wall that was crumbling, it seeming to have been a sign atop the book store ages ago. When he leaned back against the wall he looked up at Kat, “I am a killer, I have killed many times with no remorse and I am sure that I will do it again.” He paused and added as he kept eye contact with her, “My question to you is, could you stand to be around someone like myself? Would knowing that I take life so effortlessly be something that you can simply overlook?”

He awaited her answer, him not sure what kind of answer that it would be. It could be one that he didn’t expect or one that would be reasonable, one that would hint at an underlying aversion to one such as himself. If that was the case he could not look down on her, such things are not so easily overlooked even in this day and age. The death of a human isn’t something that most people so easily dismiss, but Angel’s outlook on life is rather radical compared to simply murderers. With that in mind he simply awaited her to answer him, his brow raising in anticipation. Fangs opinion on Angel an easy answer, which Angel didn't even bother to asertain an actual answer from the source.

Rose wandered the dense jungle, looking for some kind of shelter. It was almost night, and she didn't want to get caught out in the open if she had to. She figured she could sleep in a tree- as uncomfortable as that may be- but it wouldn't hurt to check around. At least, Rose hoped it wouldn't hurt. She came upon the ruins of the city quite suddenly, and had almost advanced into plain sight when she saw people were there. She drew back, hoping that whoever had been there hadn't seen her. Last thing she wanted was to be bothered by these people. However, she kept her throwing knives at the ready. It wouldn't do to be caught off guard.

Kat was silent for a minute or two. Finally, she looked up and gave Angel a sad smile. "Being around you is better than being around no one at all." She looked down again after she had spoken. Kat's demeanor changed suddenly when she spotted a glimpse of someone else through the hole in what was left of the roof. Even after seeing such a small part of him she still recognized him as the guy from earlier. Momentarily forgetting Angel, she made her way down to the ground. "So, you've decided to join us?" She kept a straight face, unsure of what his reaction or reply would be and even made a point of putting her hands on her hips.

Alex sighed as the man (Daryl) moved her hand from the wound, she knew this guy was stubborn, just like her it seemed.

When he pulled out the drinking alcohol and warned her she let out another sigh, she hated this part. Bracing herself for the rush of pain that was about to hit her, she looked to the two guys. "At tell me your names if your going to bandage me against my will." she said to the two with a bit of sarcasm. Alex used to do this with Sophia all the time, she couldn't handle pain at all so Alex always had to talk to her to distract her. Now she was using her on method on herself.

Her reaction was more or less adequate, considering that it could have been way worse see as what he does. Nonetheless it seemed that the person from earlier had came to the building, it being expected considering how quickly night was approaching. The one thing that all humans seek would have to be shelter, a building being the next best thing to a proverbial bunker. Angel didn’t see the need to go down and speak with the guy, it quite obvious that he did not hold any of Angel’s ideals. In truth if Angel were to have a talk with the guy there is a slight possibility that it might end in a fight, Fang seeing to be more of a powder keg ready to explode…everyone has to let out frustrations and drop one’s calm demeanor eventually.

Angel caught slight movement in the distance, just past the tree line away from the bookstore’s boundaries. It appeared to Angel that there was another person lurking in the distance, their intentions at the moment subjective to interpretation. He thought for a brief moment to himself about what to do in this situation, it entirely plausible that the person could be a raider of sorts. It became apparent on what he was going to do in that moment, the day getting rather dull at present. In a moment he was up and moving, vanishing out of the sightline of Rose.

His katana was at the ready strapped to his back in case the altercation was going to be a bloody one, which would at least satisfy his boredom problem for the moment. He moved from shadow to shadow as he circled around the crumbling building, keeping utterly silent with each footfall he took. Within a few fleeting grains of sand he was behind Rose against the nearby overgrow oak, his voice rising over the soft chirps of insects, “What is your purpose for being here? I can tell that you are a predator?” His eyes held stead fast to the back of her head as he posed one more question before he went silent, “Do you wish for death, or a place to stay for the quickly approaching night?” It was obvious by her posture that she was more accustomed to the stealthy approach just as Angel was but he held no reservation against trying to kill her if she went against what he wished to accomplish, death merely a tool to an end.

Daryl gave the girl a slight smile as he pourd the scotch over her wound. "Names Daryl... Dixon" He wiped the skin around the wound and ripped off a part of his shirt. He tied it around her wound keeping the cloth tight on it.

Rose turned quickly, stifling a cry of surprise. She was holding one of her throwing knives in her hand, but sheathed it as soon as she saw the strange man wasn't going to attack her- yet. "I'm just looking for a place to stay the night." She muttered something incomprehensible under her breath, then added, "If you don't mind me hanging around, I'll stay here." She looked him over, trying to figure out if he had any other weapons hidden- although she really didn't expect to see anything.

He chuckled lightly and then said with a light shrug, his demeanor rather light after meeting someone that was not human, “I doesn’t matter to me.” He paused for a brief second and said as he looked into her oddly colored eyes, them slightly visible through her sunglasses, “Although some people may not be so accepting to someone that is not human.” He took a step toward her and said in a whisper with a slight grin, “I guess I don’t mind because I am called inhuman more frequently that I can recall.” He stood straight up again and said with a sigh, “Maybe it will be a relief to have someone who isn’t exactly human around.” He started to walk away to the building, looking back at her with a slight smirk upon his face as he did so, “Names Angel by the way.”

"I'm Rose." She followed Angel towards the decrepit building, relieved that he didn't attack her right away. At least he was better behaved than some others she had met. She couldn't help but be curious as to what he meant when he said others called him inhuman, and resolved to ask him later. However, she would try to keep her head down and not get kicked out of this shelter, this time. She readjusted her sunglasses and looked at whomever was on top of the ruins.

Alex lightly smiled back at him, "Name's Alexandra" she said to the two. Alex looked to the other guy, who was holding a medical kit "And what about you?" When the alcohol it her wound she tightened her fist and held it to her mouth as she gritted her teeth to hold back a cry.

She let out a breath she held when he wrapped a piece of his ripped shirt to her wound. She frowned slightly at that, she didn't want him to ruin his shirt just to wrap her wound. "You didn't have to do that, you ruined your shirt." she said with a slight frown.

As the girl paid attention to the ones atop the building he glanced back, wondering precisely what she is. His curiosity was marginally placed, him never seeing someone that looked as she does. More times than naught he would see humans but they were largely uninteresting, she however was not human but she possessed human movements and speech patterns. This had him figure that she was simply raised in a human based environment, just adoptive children at younger ages take their caregivers accent and quarks. All of that did not explain what she was though and that was a bit annoying, him still curious nonetheless.

He noticed that she was metaphorically going into a shell as they approached the building, her seeming to try to hide who she was in an effort to appear more human. To that he raised a brow saying aloud as he stopped at the door that lead into the building, to a tight squeeze to a stair case that lead to the roof, “There is no need to hide who you are, if you do not want to hide your unique eyes and teeth you have no reason to.” He smirked lightly and added with a motion for her to step inside, “I do realize that I said they might not accept someone that isn’t human but if it were me I would not care for their opinions, humanity is highly overrated.” He chuckled lightly and awaited her to step inside of the building, the smirk still present in his face.

Fang mashed together a pair of herbs from his pack. One of them from this morning. The corner of the room was his decided hidey-hole for this evening. The past was spread along the walls and floor around a small pile of rubble covered in moss. Large predators would be repulsed by the smell, possibly vomiting.

Daryl looked at her and smiled. He tied the cloth off and looked down at his shirt then back to him. "Dont matter." He glanced at the ripped off sleeves then down to the few holes that scattered the shirt. "I'll find another. Nd if I dont then Ill just go with out one." He wiped the blood from the rest of her arm. "I've had medical practice so please tall me if you get hurt at all." Daryl was not a compassionate person. But he will not let anyone die on him from infection.

Rose nodded, showing she had heard Angel, but made no attempt to alter her actions. She stepped inside, looking around. Even though the place was obviously safe, Rose still kept one hand on one of her throwing knives. It paid to be paranoid, in this day and age. She wondered how long it would be until someone asked her what she was. Someone always asked, and usually before the first night was out. To be honest, it was a little tiresome.

Kat turned from where she was standing to look at the new arrival. Where were all these people when she had actually been looking for them? She smiled at the new person, not being able to help but stare at the color of her eyes that Kat could just make out despite her sunglasses and the darkness of the night. "Hmm.." She shot a questioning glance towards Angel before looking back at the woman. "Hiya, i'm Kat. You are?"

"Rose. I was hoping to spend the night here, if you don't mind." Rose noticed her staring, but she didn't mind all that much. After all, she was used to it. She tried to conceal the fact that her teeth were sharp while she was speaking, but she only partially succeeded. "I'll be sure to stay out of the way unless you need me." Rose added as an afterthought. Although, to be honest, she'd probably just sit back and clean out her gun- one the things she did whenever she was near other people- whether she was spoken to or not.

Vincent hesitates for awhile before answering, " It's Vincent "

He hands over the the guy the medical kit, and he looks at the wound.

Ouch... He thought.

Angel looked to Kat as she gave him a look, him unsure as to what the look was about until she introduced herself to Rose. It was ever apparent that Rose wanted nothing more than to simply blend into the backdrop around here, it possibly because she had some problems being kicked out of previous locations. Nevertheless he didn’t worry about her fitting in with anyone around here at the moment, at the core of every person there will always be a need for interaction. Kat’s reaction to someone else being here wasn’t know to Angel but it seems that she is okay with it, his assumption that people want to get to know other people might just be applicable.

He spoke when the two of them went silent, the sun starting to set outside now, “Well I’m going to find somewhere to bed down, it would be a better idea if we’re in the same general area.” With that said he moved over to the back of the building, holes in the roof now out of reach of his location. He cleared a large area on the ground, it being a dry area in the corner of the building with little to no growth. Angel started to stoke a makeshift fire with what kittle dry wood was left in the area, getting a modest fire going to make the area more comfortable. He sat back against the wall and watched as the fire came to life, the warmth of the orange glow just hot enough to put out some heat. As he watched the fire he sat his weapon against the wall beside himself, almost transfixed he awaited the night to begin.

Daryl batted it away. "There aint nothin' in there that I can use." He looked back to Vencent and smiled some trying to be friendly. "If you have a wound you gotta keep it out of prying eyes." He ripped more if his shirt off and wrapped it where her elbow goes and tied it off. "Now all this is..." He gestured to the cloth on her arm. "Is two arm bands"

Alex sighed as he ripped off more of his t-shirt. "I think I have a guy's shirt about your size that you can have." she said looking at Daryl. That would make them even for him helping her. As he finished treating her wound, fixed her katana that was in it's sheath on her back and brushed some leaves off her jeans.

She turned to look at the two, "Nice to meet the both of you and thank you for your help, but I have to get back to what I was doing." she said in a neutral voice. Alex looked at Daryl, "If I find that shirt I'll find you and give it to you." she said before nodding. Then Alex turned and started to walk away from the two.

Kat nodded, noticing her teeth. "I don't mind at all! Stay as long as you want." She smiled and a small silence grew between them before she spoke again. "Uh.. If you don't mind me asking.. What are you?" Kat was really curious about what Rose's answer might be. Was she a human with mutations or.. Something else..?

Daryl followed after the girl a bit confused. "Are you leaving?" He grumbled and gripped on to his crossbow. "You cant leave?" He quickened his pace and walked by her side forgetting about the other man.

Alex sighed lightly as Daryl sped up his pace to match her's. "And why can't I?" she asked with a bit of annoyance in her voice. She was grateful and all for the help, but there was a reason why she hadn't talked to anyone in almost two years. She noticed that the other guy wasn't with him and mentally shrugged at her observation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back