Forgotten World

Angel watched at the person that was being pursued came into view, it being quite obvious that he did not have anything to fight it off at the time…if he did he would have used it already. For a moment he was heading in Kat’s direction which meant that she would be the one to deliver the killing blow to the Metal-Head, but at the last second the guy did a quick turn and ran near the tree that Angel was perched upon. A few slight motions later the person utilized the environment around him and caused the beast to stager slightly, a rock/branch combo would make something flinch even if it wouldn’t do any damage. However the guy didn’t utilize the distraction with an attack, he decided to opt out for the flight option. That was most likely the sounder option if you didn’t have anything on you to combat such a beast, flight being preferable to a savage mauling in most people‘s minds.

Just as Fang started to make his escape Angel elegantly dropped from the overhanging branch, his black hilted katana being un-sheathed from its sheath in one fluid motion. As the twigs crunched under the beast’s feet his weapon slid in-between it’s shoulder blade piercing it’s heart, Angel standing atop it’s back as it writhed in anger for a few seconds. When the fight was wrestled form the beast it sunk to the mossy ground, it’s eyes sliding shut in death…it’s journey over. Angel jumped down from the animal and moved to the front of the metal-head, him stabbing it once in the softer spot of it’s head effectively killing it just in case the first stab wasn’t enough.

“Kat,” Angel called out in a rather friendly tone, “It’s over now.” He glanced back to see if Fang turned about to see what had happened, him knowing that he was still in sight. In the time that had elapsed, he didn’t have enough time to get out of sight in a straight running path. Wiping his weapon off in a quick motion Angel sheathed the katana and waited for Kat or the guy to join him.

Kat had stood on the branch, despite its creaking protests underneath her, and taken out her dagger as she prepared to strike the beast but then the guy turned in another direction. She frowned slightly and went back to a sitting position as she waited for Angel to deal with it. Even with her branch's constant creaks whenever she moved, she was pretty sure that with all the noise that the beast was making they wouldn't be able to hear much of anything, much less small noises.

She leapt down when her name was called and walked over to Angel, glancing at the now dead metal head. Kat nodded towards him and then turned in the direction that the guy was running off in. "You can stop running now!" She called after him.

Alex almost scoffed at his comment of 'not letting her out there' and 'not letting his hurt her' She didn't need his help, or even asked for it, she Had survived by herself for years and worse wounds. Before she could respond he told her to be quiet and stay, then left to confront the seemingly harmless man. Then again, looks do deceive.

"Men..." she muttered to herself after he left. Even though she had no interaction with anyone for the last two years, that didn't not mean she forgot how stubborn men could be, and this guy seemed to be an overly protective type.

Looking around her, she saw a tree hidden in the shadow. Going over to it, she quietly climbed to a tree branch that gave her a view of the two men, but kept her in the shadow, neither of them noticed her. Alex leaned against the tree as she sat on the branch, looking at her wound, Alex noticed that the blood had soaked the ripped cloth she used. Alex went to reach for her backpack with a few medical supplies, but remembered that she dropped it at her camp when the tiger was chasing her. She had absolutely nothing to treat the wound that was getting worse.

Alex heard shouting in the distance and mentally groaned, more people. It seemed to her that this part of the forest was near some sort of camp with groups of people. At least she might get to talk to some interesting people before leaving. She loved talking before the incident, now the love for that hobby died down a little.

Fang skidded to a stop as he heard a very loud, very pained roar. That was not the cry of a beast who had been injured. That was a deathblow. He turned around, just in time to see a Katana stabbed into the creature's head. He looked directly into the man's eyes as he walked back . . . his face displayed just about every negative emotion you could imagine in one look. He completely ignored the young woman who had called out to him, walking right by her and kneeling next to the creature. It was most certainly dead.

"Fool. Why did you kill it?"

Kat rolled her eyes. "If he didn't kill it then it would've killed you. Shouldn't you be a little more thankful that he saved your life?" She asked, wondering what this guys problem was. She kept her dagger out in case things went sour with this new guy.

Fang let out an exasperated sigh and looked at the young woman.

"Metal heads rely mostly on eyesight to find you, since hearing and smell are unreliable when charging. Once it becomes disoriented, all you have to do is find a hiding spot and be quiet. It'll go away once it loses track of you."

He balled one hand into a fist, placing his other hand over it

Rest beast. May the pain of this world haunt you no more

“That is an utterly foolish way to live your life,” he said with emotionless eyes as the man went about his seemingly kindhearted ceremony for the dear departed beast, which Angel didn’t see the point of. His eyes flicked to Kat and then to the dead animal, “Compassion is an emotion that should be given out sparingly if not even then, animals will take advantage of such things.” He paused and looked at Fang saying with piercing eyes as if he had seen his fare share of death human and animal alike, “Humans being animals as well.”

Angel paused for a moment and then started to walk away from the dead metal-head, it pretty obvious that Fang didn’t want an alternate perspective…even if it would possibly keep him alive in the future. He shrugged and cracked a smirk, a dimple revealing in his cheek. “Preferences are one’s own I suppose,” he shrugged and started to walk back in the direction of the book store, figuring on staying there for the night…the day clicking ever closer to night.

"At the very least, nature has blessed us with the intelligence to choose whether we kill or not."

Fang stood up as he spoke

"This creature had life, just as you and I do. I would not speak so casually of removing it."

A man appeared from a tree as his crossbow was pointed at him.

Vincent raised both of his hands, He was used to this kinds of situations where he would be suspected as someone "dangerous".

" I wasn't following 'You' " He made that clear.

" And, Im just a Wanderer " .

He looked around for something but the trail of blood stopped.

Kat looked at Fang for a few seconds before turning away from him and the dead metal head. She began walking after Angel. "It's survival of the fittest out here." She glanced back at Fang. "You'd do well to remember that." Kat didn't see the point of caring for the well being of animals that were trying to kill you, living like that was just a quick way to get yourself killed. She looked up at the sky as they walked, figuring out the time of day from the position of the sun.

"Survival of the fittest. Not 'Survival of the best killers'. Being passive has its own rewards, and you would do well to remember that."

He looked up at the position of the sun. Four or five hours till dark maybe? Didn't matter really, he had been lucky this morning to have a counter-measure for predators of the night.

Daryl took a step forward and shot him a cold glare. He looked back to the bush hoping the girl didnt take off. He wasnt ready to be alone again. He looked to the male and calmed his nerves "You look lost?"

Angel wasn’t in any hurry to get back to the location, him at the moment ignoring what Fang had to say. He knew very well that killing people or animals was not necessary at times but it is Fang’s own shortsightedness to think that killing is not necessary, death is a constant in ones life and it is utterly foolish to think that one can elude it by simple values. Nonetheless Angel did recognize that the guy did have an air of determination to himself, one did have to have some determination to think of another way to deal with a ravenous animal. Assassination and problem ‘removal’ is Angels specialty, people always have a problem with his outlook on life and to that he simply does not care either way of their views. He recognizes the views that others have but he does not share them, he simply has no reason to.

As he walked back to the book store he looked back at Kat as she started to catch up to him, it seeming that she shared at least some view points with Angel. When she ran up beside him he raised a brow, placing his hands behind his back. He looked over at her and lowered his brow, “Have you killed anyone?” The question was rather inappropriate but he asked anyway, such things not really taboo I his world. He kept eye contact with her as he awaited her answer, him figuring that she’s answer what he figured.

Kat's gaze snapped over to Angel when he'd asked his question.It was an odd question to ask to say the least. She glanced away from his eyes and towards the ground. She thought about it for a few seconds before looking back up at him. "I've killed animals.." Kat shrugged, basically telling him that she'd never killed a human being, not that she had gotten the opportunity to do so anytime in her past.

Angel asked without hesitation as they approached the structure, “Would you kill if you had to?” His eyes moved to the building as he grinned a bit, his expression rather pleasant for the current subject matter. “Would you deal death out to someone you know, would you be able to take a life and become once again alone?” He reached for a grip and started to climb up the walls of the building, his gaze forward up the building as he waited for an answer.

Fang looked back at the sky, shaking his head as he looked at the structure those two were heading two. It looked like a decent enough spot to hole-up for the night. he could put up with the company for one night in exchange for a relatively safe night. He slowly headed after the two, letting his hand run off the metal head.

He shrugs, " A bit "

He looks at the man and studies him. He looks like a man that have never seen anyone else for a long time.

" Maybe you can help me find the nearest town ? " he asks him .

Kat stopped by the wall. She stared at the ground in front of her. Would I kill someone? She asked herself. Kat had never really thought about having to kill someone else but in these times sometimes you had to. Right? Finally, she reached up and began to climb until she was standing on the wall. Kat sat down and began to swing her feet childishly. "I don't know.." She looked over at Angel. "What brought up this line of questioning anyway?" It couldn't just be because of what happened earlier could it?

He lowered his crossbow and looked at the man, running his fingers through his hair. "North of 'ere bout a mile is a small camp of people." He eyes the bush again and looked back to the man. "Sorry bout pointing my weapon at ya. Cant trust anyone."

A small smirk crossed Alex's face as she listened to the two guy's conversation. She knew that you should never judge somebody by their appereance, but Alex had a strong feeling that this guy (Vincent) was harmless. Then again you never know anymore since the world has gone to hell. Alex glanced down at her wound, she had used a piece of cloth that she had in her pocket to re-wrap the wound, but it was already soaking through.

"I told you he was harmless." she said in a nonchalant tone to the two as she dropped from the tree and walked over to the two guys.

(Where is the wound at AG?)

Daryl looked to the girl and looked down to her wound. He grumbled. "Let me look at that." He moved to her looking at her wound. He grabbed a cloth he had hanging from his belt and pressed it to her wound.

Alex was surprised by the gesture, but then again this was the first time in a long time that she's interacted with anyone.

She jerked away from the man's hand and held her left hand over the new cloth he had placed on it "Thanks, but I'm ok..." she muttered slightly. Alex's leg could have been chopped off and she would reject any help. She absolutely hates getting help from others. Alex had come to the conclusion that the two main reason why was because she did not want to feel as if she owed anyone, even for a small favor. The other reason was that she did not want to burden or bother anyone, even if they offered themselves.

Daryl grumbled. "I know how to properly take care of wounds. Let me see so you don't get an infection." He pulled her hand away from the cloth and used the cloth to wipe the blood away. He looked at the wound and reached into his back pulling out drinking alcohol. He opened the bottle and looked up at her "This is gonna hurt."

Vincent looks at the wound, as he realizes that it was her who he was following supposedly.

" That wound, Looks deep " He takes out his medical Kit from his bag.

He reached the top of the roof and knelt down by the edge reaching down offering his hand for Kat, “It’s simple, I would dimply like to know the people that I might be around for a long period of time.” He paused and awaited her to take his hand adding, “I have no secrets, if you would like to know something simply ask.” His brow rose slightly as he cracked a slight grin, secrets often leading to more problems than they avoid in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back