Forest Jewel (Oda & Zasa)

Odayaka Inazuma

Ten Thousand Club
It was Elu Auriela Inazuma's first day on the guard. She was only 200 year old and rather young next to her guard mates. Looking over at her brother Leizariel she gave a weary smile as the gates of her forest village open and the guards were let out to do their rounds. She had been ordered to take the northern part of the forest. Her orders were simple, Kill all intruders and return to the gate before sun down. She had been trained well and her father was King of their Clan. "Flicker be calm and swift my sister." Her brother said to her before disappearing into the trees. Nodding she ran off into the thick growth of the forest herself.

Altair was walking along the northern part of an unknown forest. He heard the rumors that a small clan of wood elves live in the forest but he didn't believe the rumors.

Altar was consider a young elf among his clan but he dose not know how old he is. He lost his mother to a clan battle in the south woods when he was a "hatchling" and his father is an abusive raging alcoholic blacksmith.

The entire reason he was in the northern forest is because he was running away from his father and farther his training in all aspects of his life. While he was walking in the forest he was tracking what he thought was a small black bear. What he didn't realize was that he was being followed by the mother bear. As Altair crept up on the baby bear to go for the kill the mother bear attacked him from behind.

Hearing the sounds of a angry bear Flicker ran toward the noise keeping low to the ground as she came up behind the scene of the attack. She could see the elf whom was being attacked and frowned. Intruder in her home forest and it seemed as if he had disrupted the peace of the forest too. Jumping out in front of the mother bear she begin to speak in her native tongue trying to calm the mother. Once she had the bear calm and reunited with it's babe she grabbed and arrow and turned on the intruder. "You there!" She said circling him ready to shot at any moment.

"Please don't shoot me fair wood elf. I come in peace and in search of food" Altar said admiring Flickers beauty. "What is your name so i can thank you properly. My name is Altair and i am a night elf from the south." He stood up and brushed the dust off himself and wiped the blood off his face from where the bear and scratched him in the attack. "I have run away from home and have ran out of food 2 days ago." he said as he hung his head in shame and disgrace.

Flicker frowned at the night elf. All her training told her to shot him where he stood yet her young blood told her to take pity on the poor fool. "I didn't not save you fool, but the bear you were after. As for my name lowly night elf it is Elu Auriela Inazuma, though my guard name be Flicker." She said putting her arrow away and turning to pulls some food from her poach. Sighing she handed it to him and frowned. "I should not be doing this for you but that is enough to get you a few days. I must be going and do not follow me." She said as she turned to go. "Oh Altair there is a book in that pack of food to tell you what is edible in these woods." She said before walking back toward her home.

"thank you Elu." he said as he timidly took the food and book. "Before you go I have a question for you." He said in a serious manor. "How much do you love your clan/home? Are you truly happy with your life?" He turned around and started walking the other way while slowly eating the food he was given.

Gasping at his out right question she spun around to glare at him. "How dare you!" She yelled throwing a stone at him. Puffing up her cheeks she glared at him and turned to stomp off. Just as she was almost threw the trees and out of sight she heard the horn from her village which was a sigh off an on coming invasion or attack by dark creature's from the west lands.

Laughing as the stone hit him in the chest he said, "Thats what i thought. I seen the sorrow in your eyes and felt the despair in you actions. You are not happy here." He perked up from hearing the fain sound of a battle horn. "Looks like you have one of 2 choices Elu. You could go and defend your home from the horrible 'things' coming from the forest, or i can take you away from here and you can begin a new life of happiness with me and explore the world. The choice is ultimately yours."

Altair turned around and started back toward the woods than stopped. "Thank you again Elu."

Elu growled at him and knew that no matter what she did they would both be caught in the invasion. "Come with me you if you wish to live. Soon the whole forest will be a battle field and both of us are going to get caught in the middle of it." She said not knowing what she would chose to do. All she really knew was that they needed to get out of here now. Grabbing his hand she begin to pull him toward the path of the forest which would lead them outside the thick forest land she called home.

"Are you sure you are ready for the outside world?" Altair asked as he was being draged along. Knowing full well that nether of them wanted to be part of the battle that was about to take place. "Dosnt matter know cause we are allmos.......Duck now!" Altair yelled as an arrow wipped past his head.

"Looks like we will be part of this battle yet" he said to himself under his breath as he drew his sword. "Go find a place to hide i will find you when I get a chance to escape from the forest."

Elu gave Altair a pointed look. "Really says the boy who almost got ate by a bear. I can fight you know and I am more then ready to fight in this battle. Just don't want you to get killed hot shot." She said smirking as she avoided the arrow and pulled out her twin daggers. She was skilled with weaponry. It was her people's way, though most women of her kind were noble women not guards.

"This is true. But I wasnt especting her." Altair esclamed while doging arrows. "You know what, we dont have time to argue right now. We have a bigger problem at hand. How are we gonna get out of here alive?"

Altair pulled a kitana from his back and readied himself for the oncomming attack after positioning himself behing Alu. " are you ready cause it sounds like its getting closer and i dont like it."

Elu grumbled knowing he was right about not having time to argue. "Look if we can get to the path and follow it then we can get out of the forest and to safety, but we are going to have to fight our way there and out." She said stabbing someone who came out of the woods at her. She twisted her body as she jumped up and over the person piercing the back of his neck and pulling her blade back out in one rather quick motion before landing behind the now dead man on her feet.

Altair grunted in agreement while hacking a man inhalf with one swift movement. "I think we would be safe following the path but not in the open but that is your call. You know this forest better than i do so im following you." He said while tradeing blows with an beast-man.

Elu sighed and ran toward the path. What Altair didn't know was the path was enchanted. Had he come into the forest on said path he would have never found danger or been attack by her. It was the only 'free zone' in the forest. "The path is as safe as any tempt my friend. It is protected by magic so no harm may be fall any one who travels on it. However leaving the forest after we ready the end of the path maybe be the tricky part." She said with a smirk as she thought of the battle that would be a waiting them there. Her father was going to be angry when she didn't return later but now she had not the mind to care for his rules or his views.

"You mean to tell met that this path is enchanted to make you almost invisible to attackers?" Altair ask as he was pulled along to the path. "what happens if you try and attack someone on this path? Better yet don't answer till we get out of the forest. by the why how far dose this path go."

Altair ran forward to the path but tripped over some roots and fell on his face and lost his sword in the possess.

Elu laughed at Altair and sighed as she helped him back to his feet. "The path doesn't make you invisible but if you try to attack one whom travels it the forest mother will protect them and quite possible kill you." She said standing on the path. "The path goes through the forest and beyond, though it is only enchanted in these woods." She told him as she looked down the path. Once at the end of the forest they would have to fight to get beyond.

Altair cursed under his breath and he was helped up. "you know what im getting tired of falling on my face all the damn time. Wanna see what i have slightly mastered on my travels?" Altair asked with a grin as he took a few steps back for room. "you might wanna take a few steps back but keep a good eye on me and ill teach you this later."

Rolling her eyes a little Elu took a few steps back. She wondered what Altair could possible know that she herself had not already learnt in her years of training. She had spent all but ten short years of her life training under her father to be a combat elf instead of a simple noble woman in her village. "What is this you plan to show me?" She said sighing as she glanced around. They really did need to get moving.

"Alright. Here we go." Altair said as a large black sphere formed on his back. "all elves have the ability to use magic but some have the ability to shapeshift." The black sphere started to collapses in on itself but only to form large angle like wings on Altairs back. "No need to walk out of the forest when we could fly. I forgot i could do that till i fell on my face that last time." said Altair laughing at himself. "Bet you were tought that in your training."

Frowning Elu looked away from Altair. "I can not do that. They tried to teach it to me but I could not master it. It is why I am only a guard and not of higher ranking." She said walking down the path. It was true, she had been trained in the magic field but she had been unable to master it. Her magic was unstable and dangerous. Her father had even gone as far as to seal most of it.

"its ok Elu. I was only able to master the wing magic before my master died. Maybe we can find a new tutor and and complete our training in the magical arts." Altair said with a reassuring voice. "come hop on my back we can get out of here faster if i fly us out and deal with whats ahead.

Little did Elu know that it was Altars clan that had been attacking this part of the forest looking for him to bring him home. Altair realized that after he got a good look at the arrows be shot at them was of his home clan.

Shaking her head Elu frowned at Altair. "You don't understand. I can only use the little magic that hasn't been sealed away. We would have to find some to break that seal before I could learn any more in the magic field." She said sighing and walking over to him. "Just pick me up." She said feeling a little defeated at the moment.

Altair picked Elu up and started flying as fast as he could down the trail and away from danger for her safty and his.

Once Altair had picked her up, she had warped her arms around his neck just for extra measure. Looking up into his eyes she couldn't help but wonder about him just a little bit. Why was he not with his own kind. Why was he running now. Why bother to take her along as well. These were all questions running through her head. At the end of the path she could she the light outside of the forest and among the light enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back