• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Forced Contract

PaddieCake

The Piggie Lord
HunterCameron HunterCameron

Xander had been relaxing, a nice quiet evening after several months (years?) of mediating a fight between a handful of 'friends' (that he may or may not have started). As he had grown comfortable he felt a familiar, if rare, pulling at the core of his being. He frowned slightly. It had been a while since anyone had summoned him, and before he knew it he found himself in a park, at night. He shifted into his preferred state of being, red eyes and horns arching out of his head. Staring around, trying to figure out who had summoned him Xander couldn't help but let the confusion wash across his face.

Normally there was a ritual, a desperate human looking around in terror, sometimes awe...usually terror. One was normally desperate when they summoned a demon (very desperate if they summoned him in particular). Instead he was in a park. At night. And the only person around wasn't in the middle of a summoning circle or anything. Just walking. His brow furrowed as he moved to cut him off, standing in front of the man.

"Where are you going?" He asked, as if accusing the man of some horrible misdeed (he had summoned him, then ignored him, that was borderline offensive in Xander's eyes).

Dylan had just dropped off the most rowdy of pugs when he nearly ran face first into someone. He did a double take, comically, before taking a step back. His eyebrows were raised as high as they could go, and his head tilted to the side. What the hell? He took in the figure curiously, noting the whole "Satan" ensemble.

"I'm uhh," he said lamely looking like a fish out of water. Who the heck? What was happening? What the fuck was this guy wearing? "I'm going... home?" He said/asked, sounding almost unsure of himself. This had to be one of the weirdest encounters he has ever had in his life, and that was saying something as he lived in New York. He was pretty sure the next Expo or Comi-con weren't for another couple of months, and this guy definitely didn't look like a street performer. "That's a neat-o costume you got there, but I don't have any money on me. Sorry." He said and shrugged. He really didn't, it wasn't safe to carry around cash these days. All he had on him were his phone, house keys, and his lucky guitar pick that he took everywhere. "Not that this wasn't pleasant, but I really have to get going. Gotta get home y'know?"He side stepped quickly and began walking once again. Intent on getting as far away from the man as possible. He wasn't drunk enough for this.

Dylan did a quick scan of the park, looking for some sort of safety net. If he was going to get murdered he at least wanted there to be a witness. But the park was completely deserted, which was very odd as it was usually lively. Something was not right. There were no bench sitters, no one feeding birds with seeds. Not a single soul besides him and the town loony. He started to panic mentally, hearing stories about strangers all his childhood had warned him about this. His mother often went into graphic detail with what happened to little boys and girls when they went with strangers. This actually led to him refusing to speak to his teachers for the first two weeks of school, scared he would end up chained in their basements, or on the milk carton as a "missing child". His mom really messed him up, but he couldn't blame her as the world was a scary place, and those things did happen. He turned back quickly to see where the man was, regretting his decision wholly as soon as he did.

PaddieCake PaddieCake

Last edited:
Xander furrowed his brow, watching the human for a minute. Was that genuine confusion on his face? "Hi... I don't need your money." He said, his own confusion clear in his eyes, glowing red in, not amusement but curiosity, perhaps a hint of anger.

"You summon me...then go home. How did you do all this without a ritual. You should be begging me to do your bidding, staring up at me in awe! But instead you're walking home..." he couldn't keep the contempt out of his voice. Surely he didn't summon him without reason?

As the words 'costume' left the human's lips, Xander felt genuine anger. His eyes went bright and his nose flared. "Costume?! Sweetheart you wish this was a costume! Listen to me, human, you do not summon forces like me without a reason, and you certainly don't act like that when they show up." His tone had been angry, but devolved into annoyance, like a child who didn't get his way.

"Now, of course I can grant you any request. Revenge, fame, fortune, companionship..." Xander, at this point, had moved to place an arm around the human, pulling him close as if they were old friends.

"I myself am partial to revenge. Anyone slight you? Make you angry? Point me in the right direction and they'll regret it." He said grinning, all pointed teeth.

"Wait, what the hell is going on? This isn't funny." He tried to pull away from the man, now thoroughly afraid. He took in the mans appearance once again. It isn't a costume. His eye wide now, Dylan shook his head. This wasn't happening, demons weren't suppose to be real. And now there was one who claimed he was the reason that he appeared.

"Nope, nope, nope. I did not summon you." He really wished he was religious, because then he might know what to do. "I was just minding my own business, walking through this park when you showed up." He held his hands up defensively. "Do I look like someone who just summoned you? Cause I'm pretty sure I don't." He wrestled out of the mans grip, and flattened out his shirt as he gave a huff.

"What is wrong with you anyways? You don't just grab people without consent. Especially late at night while in a park alone." He rubbed his shoulder, giving the other a weary look. "I didn't summon you, so you can go back to where you came from. I don't need your help with anything." Dylan crossed his arm stubbornly, there was no way he was going to listen to a thing the demon said. He was going to get through life with hard work and grit.

Xander let the human pull away from him, resting a hand on his hip, letting out a sigh of exasperation. "Well, technically yes, Hell is going on." He said, proud of himself for his joke. The human still looked so confused, and as he spoke Xander couldn't help but groan. He rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hair. He grunted absently, feeling a familiar craving forming in his mouth. He could feel it begin to water at the thought.

"You had to have summoned me." He insisted, running his hand across his face. "Look, I don't just show up like this because it's fun." He paused a moment, glancing up at the sky in thought. "I should though... Scare the living shit out of someone... Anyway, that's not the point." He said, looking the man up and down.

"No, you don't look like you summoned me, that's the problem." He said a bit more seriously. He couldn't figure out how or why he would be here though. He knew the familiar sensation of being bound to a human. He'd been summoned to this spot, for a reason. "Is there anyone else nearby? Is it possible I just got the wrong person?" He said, more to himself, but as he looked around the park, it didn't seem possible. "Well you'll need to figure something out." He said with a simple shrug.

"And what? I'm not grabbing you, we were having a discussion, we're friends, it's ok!" he said with a surprised look on his face, surprised at the sudden complaint about 'grabbing' him. "Nothing's wrong with me, what's wrong with you? You telling me you don't want anything?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

After a moment Xander couldn't take the craving much longer. "I ask this every time I come back here... but chocolate still exists, right?" He asked, almost completely out of nowhere, but his tone hopeful, almost childish. "It's brown, and really sweet, and it can be in a cake, or like...these bars... It's been awhile since I've been here, please tell me they haven't faded away into obscurity." He said.

"Chocolate...? You want chocolate?" Dylan asked incredulously before shaking his head. "Yeah, chocolate still exists, it's practically everywhere." He took a look around quickly, scanning the area. "I'm literally the only person here and I can promise that I didn't summon you. I don't want anything, I don't need anything either. I have two legs and a heartbeat, if it needs to get done I'll do it myself." Dylan learned from a young age that things didn't just fall into your lap, you had to work for it. He took in a long breath. "Can't you just," he waved his hands around "like leave or something? Will you leave if I get you chocolate? I'll have to go home to get my wallet, but I can get you loads of chocolate if you'll leave." It was such an odd request, chocolate, it almost made him want to laugh. But he didn't because he was sure if he laughed at the other then he might get hexed or cursed or something. He thought about the last statement the other made and narrowed his eyes.

"Exactly how long have you been away? You don't look ancient." In fact he looked like he couldn't be any older than 25, not to mention the guy was really good looking. For a demon that is. "The year is 2018 just so you know, and people don't really walk around like," he motioned towards the older males entire body. "that. People are gonna give you weird looks." He started walking once again, this time expecting the other to follow. "My apartment is this way, we should probably get out of public. I don't want to be mugged or something." He stuffed his hands into his jean pockets and started walking backwards, watching the demon carefully.

"Oh also, my name is Dylan."

"YeXander's face lit up, quite literally like a kid in a candy store. "Oh good! I was so worried." He said, relief written all over his face. He looked around again. "Well yeah, I guess there isn't anyone else here..." He asked with a raised eyebrow. "Well I don't know what to do then..." he said as if giving up. He supposed they were stuck together then. "I appreciate your work ethic!"

Xander frowned, shrugging a bit. "I mean I can't... I do want chocolate, so yes, get me some, but I can't just leave." He said, as if it were obvious. He didn't want to be there, but he was. And if he was stuck here with someone who had no use for him (which was ridiculous in and of itself), he might as well get something out of it.

Xander pondered his question for a moment, pursing his lips in thought. How long had he been away? "2018 you said?" Staring at his hand he counted out numbers on his fingers. "Six decades..." It was more of a question than a solid answer "Maybe seven... Between five and ten I think." he said a little more definitively. "Yeah...But thank you! I can look however I want if I were to be honest, I like this form though." he said shrugging. Xander looked down at himself, wearing a suit, though a bit wrinkled, "What's wrong with this? Did suit jackets go out of style? Damn..." He looked at the clothes the human wore, and is clothes transformed into more simple clothes, black tee-shirt, black denim, and sneakers. "Better?" He asked spreading his arms, though he hadn't changed his eyes or horns, obvious indicators of him being inhuman.

"Mugged... like attacked? No no, I won't let that happen you're completely safe with me." he said, brushing off any concerns. He narrowed his eyes watching the human walking backwards. "Is... is that how you walk now? Seems very inefficient. If you don't mind I'll walk in the direction I'm facing." He said, once again confused. How could humans think walking in such a fashion was even remotely a good idea, what if they bumped into each other?

"You can call me Xander. It's a name I acquired once, I liked it..." he said "It's nice to meet you, Dylan." He said, following the human.

Dylan laughed loudly before turning and walking the right way.

"No, I was just walking backwards to check and see if your were following." He fell in step with Xander. "And no I was referring to your," he paused, not knowing how to word it exactly. "The umm," he used his fingers to make a horn like motion on his head but decided to just let be. "Never mind, you're fine. If anyone asks about your looks just tell them you're a cosplayer." He nodded to himself, happy with his advice.

"Are you telling me you're stuck here? Like, forever? Because there's no way in hell, pun intended, I'm making a deal with you. I've seen enough horror movies to know what messing with demons can do. I'd rather keep my soul intact." They reached the edge of the park, and were now on the open street. He started to cross the street, illegally, and made sure Xander followed suit. "I live just around the corner, and yeah mugged. It means being attacked for anything of value, people jump out of the alley ways, beat the shit out of you, then steal your stuff. That's what being mugged means. It's a real problem here in the city, especially at night." They safely made it across the street and to the front door to his apartment. He began pushing the buttons on the intercom, placing the correct code. The door buzzed loudly indicating that it was now unlocked. "This is so people can't randomly come into other people's houses." He explained. Dylan pulled open the door and held it open for Xander to walk through. Once they got into the main entrance hall and walked over to the elevator and pushed a button.

"Ever been on an elevator Xander?" He asked, smiling mischievously.

Xander stared at him for a moment, quirking an eyebrow. "I'm following you." He assured, it wasn't like he had much of a choice. The demon watched the human, Dylan, as he tried to explain what about him was so out of place. He made weird movements with his fingers on his head. Xander copied him, hoping it would give him an idea as to what he was talking about, when he felt the familiar bone on his head. "Oh, the horns? Is that it? I can hide them." he said "But if you think I can get away with them... Cosplay... I'm unfamiliar with that term as well." Xander admitted, rubbing his chin in thought.

"Not forever... I mean, theoretically I can go back home when you die. It'd just be quicker if you made a contract... That's only what....six decades? Seven? If you're worried about me possessing you I'm not so inclined." He said, waving his hand absently "Far more effort than it's worth if I wanted to, I already have a body... A. He followed Dylan across the street, glancing at some of the cars that passed by. While he distinctly remembered cars from the last time he was on Earth he could have sworn they weren't so sleek looking. "Well, like I said, you won't be attacked while I'm here. I can't prevent natural death but I can certainly stop a few idiots too pathetic to find a better way of getting things." Not that Xander was one to talk, but he'd never attack someone for things, merely take them without asking.

Xander was a bit startled by the buzzing coming from the door, glancing at it intently. He supposed there was some sort of mechanism inside the little box. "I wish a scientist or a mechanist would summon me just once." He mused, sighing deeply.

He looked at the elevator with a curious eye. "Maybe, I couldn't tell you if I had." He said, grinning back at him. "You seem pleased with the idea that I haven't." He chuckled.

He shrugged, pretending to be indifferent.

"It's... something new, a new experience. Why wouldn't I be pleased that I get to be part of a new experience for you? Especially this elevator, it's a fun one." He left off. The elevator could be heard, clunking all the way down from whatever floor it had be stationed at. It made noises that an elevator shouldn't. The light at the top turned on, indicating it's arrival, and the doors slide open to reveal an empty cart. Dylan stepped inside, and waited for Xander to as well before pressing the button for the fourth floor. The doors closed loudly, and the elevator shook violently, Dylan grabbed a hold of the railing. It began it ascent upwards, the noises much more clear now while they were in the metal deathtrap. It sounded like a piece of metal was grinding on something, and there were groans from the pulley system. Dylan sighed loudly.

"I guess this is the end. The cable that pulls us upwards is really old, so I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped us all the way down to the basement level." He dramatically placed his hand over his heart and frowned. "I had so much to live for. At least you will be free now." He said solemnly. The elevator gave a hard pull, and shook again, making it feel like they dropped about an inch. Even though Dylan was used to it, he still felt frightened when it happened. He made a face, a real one this time. It was only fun if it really didn't drop. He hoped today was not the day. The elevator came to a halt, and the whirling sound of the doors clanged loudly before opening. Dylan tailed it out of there, not caring if it looked wimpish. He shuddered and turned to Xander.

"I hate that thing. We're taking the stair down."

Xander narrowed his eyes, knowing the human knew something. He watched the closed doors as the elevator came clunking down. "That noise doesn't sound very promising." He said raising an eyebrow, following Dylan into the elevator behind him. He looked around the shabby looking box as the button signaled the elevator doors to close. "They just take you to different floors, no? How fun could it possibly be." He said looking around as that awful sound hit his ears again. He could hear every creak and moan of the elevator, nose crinkling.

"I already told you, I'm not going to let you die." He said, watching Dylan with amusement,. He lost a bit of balance when the elevator seemed to drop, gripping the railing on the wall. Xander thought humans had standards? Was it normal to have such a terrible machine? He ran a hand through his hair as Dylan raced out of the elevator, clearly more afraid of the thing then he had intended to look.

Xander laughed, loudly, enough to echo off the walls. "If you were hoping to scare me, maybe make sure it doesn't scare you first."

The younger man pouted a bit, his plan hadn't worked at all.

"It's usually not that scary. I just wanted to see you shaken up a bit I guess," he shrugged. "but it was me who got all scared. That's no fun." He was a bit embarrassed, but it happened and there wasn't anything he could do about it. He grabbed his keys from his jeans pocket and started walking down the hall. He didn't get very far, as his apartment was rather close to the elevator. "This is me." He unlocked the door and walked in, turning on the lights so the dark room wasn't shrouded anymore. It wasn't much, his living room had enough room for a small couch and the TV, his kitchen was divided by a half wall and held a small table with two chairs. There were two room in the apartment, one was his bedroom, and the other was where he kept all his instruments. Dylan dropped his key into a little bowl on the counter and made his way to his bedroom. He kept all his valuables there, including his money and debit card.

"So what's the big deal about chocolate anyways?" He yelled from his room out to Xander. Hopefully the demon closed his front door. He couldn't believe that he actually had a demon in his home right now. It was such a strange thing to have happen to someone. Dylan decided that he was in shock, as no normal human would be this OK with a demon popping out of nowhere. He would probably have a mental breakdown at some other point, sometime in the near future while he was doing something important. He reached for his wallet and instead punched it off his dresser, miscalculating the distance. It went flying off the dresser and straight under his bed. He closed his eyes and held his hands up to the roof, looking like he was praying.

"Just this once, could things just not happen." He asked no one in particular before getting down to the ground and shimmying himself underneath to grab the wallet.

Xander laughed, patting Dylan on the head in an almost patronizing manner "You'll have to try much harder than that." he said "Besides, even I was startled I wouldn't look it." He said with a shrug, like he'd ever let a human see him afraid. The thought was ridiculous really. He did nearly bump into Dylan as he stopped to open his apartment door. The room was rather small, a couch on one side, a box on the other. Xander's brow furrowed as he stared at it for a moment, then down at the little bowl contain keys, some money, and a plastic card.

The human walked away and disappeared into what Xander assumed was his room. At his question an oddly serene smile crossed his face. "Have you ever had chocolate? So sweet, and creamy... The way it melts when you eat it, it's always just so enjoyable." he said, sighing wistfully. "I've yet to find anything else that brings me as much joy as a chocolate...

"Is everything ok?" His brow furrowing at Dylan's complaint, moving to stand in his doorway. He tilted his head as he saw him crawl under the bed, raising an eyebrow. "Don't you normally sleep on top of the bed?" He asked, grinning. Xander leaned against the door frame casually, arms crossed.

The demon's face smoothed out into one of mild interest as he spotted the other room, walking into it and looking around at a room full of musical instruments. "You play music?"

Dylan backed himself out from under the bed after grabbing hold of his wallet.

"Ha-Ha very funny. I dropped something and it rolled under the bed. I have bad luck." He explained before standing up and moving to the hall. he walked past Xander into the other room and held his hands up.

"Welcome to heaven!" He said joyfully before slipping his wallet into his back pocket. "Yeah, I'm actually in a band. This is our stuff, I'm the only one with room to hold it all. The drums," He pointed to the huge black and red set. "Are Barbara's. She's this little Asian girl, with the personality of a rocket. Small but mighty, don't want to double cross her. The two guitars there are Remus', a guy completely covered in tattoos and piercings. Looks intimidating, but actually is just a huge, lovable teddy bear. That weird table there with all the buttons and knobs is Dennis' baby, it has a memory of sorts that can play a different array of sounds. So while we play he could have the sound of the ocean randomly, or something cool. These," He stated excitedly. "These are my girls." He motioned over to two very different looking guitars. One was an acoustic, covered in random stickers, clearly well-worn. The other was a sleek, shiny black electric guitar, it looked brand new. "The rest of the instruments are mine, I don't know how to play all of them, but the majority I do." There was a violin, a cello, two electric keyboards, a trumpet stood on a stand, a sheepskin bongo, and a bright pink Ukulele hanging on the wall.

"How about some chocolate then?" He asked holding both hands up in suggestion. "Then we can talk about how you're gonna, y'know, leave? There's gotta be a loophole somewhere."

"I'm sure my appearance here isn't an indicator of good luck." Xander chuckled as the human came back into the room, he seemed excited to tell him about all these instruments.

Though the demon focused his attention on the different instruments he listened intently to what Dylan was saying.

"Your friends all seem very interesting." Xander was sure he'd get the pleasure of meeting them all. He ran his fingers over the weird table, all knobs and buttons. Everything else was recognizable but this instrument was new to him. "This one is strange, you said it has a way of producing many different sounds? All from memory?" It was a bit impressive if he were honest. "I've dabbled a bit, violin and flute mostly." He said absently. "But why have instruments you can't play?"

His ears perked up when Dylan said the word chocolate, and his questions and interest in the instruments vanished almost instantly. "Yes, chocolate! Lead the way!" He agreed, clapping his hands together in excitement. "Though there isn't much to discuss, I already told you you're stuck with me until your desires are met." He said with a shrug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back