• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

For the Greater Good

LadyGoldberry

I prefer to jump in to a role play without much description of introduction other than the Role Play itself. I have an idea of where this may go and I would be very pleased if the characters created led the tale down a different path. If this seems intriguing I encourage you to jump in. If you want more knowledge and wish to create a character that has more back story linked to my character please let me know and I would be glad to share details and brainstorm where this is heading. I also encourage you to eventually create multiple characters. I should add that this is set in present day in an unspecified city in a world with Demons and Angels.

The rain poured down over the girl, matting her hair in to dirty blond chunks. Water pushed a maroon trail from behind her right ear down her neck and in to the white collar of her overly large cotton shirt. Noise. It was the noise that kept her from continuing on past the dumpster of this dark alley. With eyes squeezed tight over her violet eyes she tried to concentrate and push out the chaos. A choke caught in her throat as this girl of 8 clutched her head, her fingers threading through wet strands and buzzed fuzz both. As her finger tips brushed the shaved patch behind her ear she snapped her eyes open, took a deep breath, and stood. Great willpower pushed out the noise in her brain enough to understand the noises picked up from her ears. After a beat more to become centered Vera sprinted from the alley and in to the city.

The first hints of day were only starting to appear as Vera dashed along in the shadows, staying away from street lights. Her baggy sweatpants soaked up water from the rain and puddles like a sponge and it wasn't long before they were sliding off her slight frame. One wrong step caused her to slip on her own hem and go sprawling to the ground.

Alright, starting over.

The cell door slid open and Vera was pushed through. Her pale face was solemn and her violet eyes vacant. A patch of hair had been re shaved from behind her right ear and gauze was taped to it, only barely covered by the short blond locks. Red bloomed through the white bandage ever so slightly. When the cell locked shut she winced slightly, the noise entering only her left ear and startling her. She was only 8 and yet circumstance had weathered her in to a tired old soul.

Gina looked at Vera and smiled, reaching her hand out through the bars, only to be whipped. 'Touching isn't allowed.' Right. She winked at her and mouthed "Let's get out of here". She was pulled out of her cell by her hair and into a room where she would be subjected to tests and harm.

Not sure what to do if they aren't together...

The room Vera was marched in to smelled of sterilization, her least favorite smell. It always meant more surgery, more prodding. Her eyes scanned the surroundings and she was surprised to find Gina in with her. It was rare for subjects to be tested together and she couldn't quite determine why she and Gina would be a match. If he hadn't been subdued with a shot already she might have tried digging in to the minds around her to discover it for herself. Gina had suggested an escape. As Vera observed the teen and sad giggle met her lips. Escape, as if that was possible.

The door was locked shut behind her and she quickly realized they had been left in the room alone together. Slowly, Vera made her way to the table she knew they would strap her to an sat down, keeping her good ear towards Gina.

"Vera?" Gina looked around and noticed some hidden cameras and microphones. "Why did they leave us in here alone?" She told Vera about the hidden cameras and microphones using her ability for pushing thoughts into people's heads.

How many abilities does Gina have? technology, wings, voice impersonation, and mental capacity for communication? Trying to figure out what they would be doing together and how that can help them escape.

Vera blinked a few times while turning her head to the ground. She tried to clear the cobwebs away that were the drugs, limiting her capabilities. after some serious concentration she looked back to Gina and opened her mouth, but soon remembered the microphones. Instead she attempted non verbal communication. Focusing in on Gina she said Trying to... her brow furrowed as she tried to keep a connection going to enha... The connection dropped and she let out a frustrated sigh. Out of habit she began to rub at the incision behind her ear. It was always aching and burning and her constant scratching didn't help.

thats it.

Gina sighed and gave Vera a small smile, trying to make her feel better was one of her non-injected powers. Gina was Vera's mother away from her real one. "It's okay, maybe if you work on the ability more... it would work?" She shrugged and sat next to Vera, "Don't scratch, okay?" She took Vera's hand and starting to sing "You are My sunshine", Vera's favorite song.

Vera leaned in to Gina and squeezed at the hand around hers. A few moments passed before the door opened again and a short man in scrubs entered the room. In his hand he held a needle. "Hold out your arm." He instructed Vera.

Long ago Vera learned that fighting was a bad choice and held out her left arm to the man to receive the shot. Once it had been delivered he proceeded to exit the room. It wasn't long before Vera's head began to clear. Whatever he had given her was counteracting her drug induced fog, but it was far too effective. It was usually only when they were in a surgical procedure that they let her become this clear headed. It was too much. The noise of all the thoughts in the building began to crash in to her head. A cry escaped her lips as she buried her face in her hands.

"Vera!" Gina embraced her little friend and held her close. Another man came in, this time, he was coming over to Gina.

"Get away from her, 24601. And remove the right sleeve to your dress," He said. She obliged, knowing that fighting was worthless. They took out a needle and a huge cup of liquid and slowly injected it into her bloodstream. "You'll feel drowsy, don't fight it." And he left.

Gina's head was spinning, pain flashed behind her eyes and she started to feel tired, but refused to let it show. "Vera? Vera honey, did you pick anything up from him?" She asked Vera via her thoughts. Pain shot through her right arm and it went limp.

It took immense concentration but Vera was able to start to sort through the noise. "They want to use your power with mine. I don't understand..." Mid thought she stopped. Something else was happening. "Someone is getting out." out of surprise she forgot to keep quiet, but it was no matter. At that moment sirens went off and then room went dark. A soft click could be heard as the door to their room unlocked.

"Vera" she whispered, "Who go out?" She edged closer to Vera, trying to keep herself awake. There were footsteps to be heard, clunking through the halls. A pair of boots entered the room and she froze.

"I said to not fight the drowsiness, and look what you did. You fought it," It was the same voice as the man from earlier.

Gina tried to imitate a voice to get him out, but her voice had escaped her.

Before the man could do any harm he was frozen and fell to the ground, a dart was sticking out of his neck. After his fall the outline of a person could be seen in the dark hallway. "Don't just sit there, run!" the voice barked.

Gina looked at the person, smiling. "At'a girl!" She got up and puled her along to follow the others. They rushed out into the open, then stopped. "Vera, what's going on? Why did they stop?" She was out of breath.

"Someone hacked the power." Vera answered as she tried to figure out how to get out. The shadow was sprinting away so she followed after it. "Lets go!"

Gina was pulled into the dark, following an eight year old. How that happened, she would never fully understand, but she knew she had to run, or better yet, fly. She let go of Vera's hand and then wrapped an arm around her, "Hold on!" and she took off. She was almost behind the figure when a tranquilizer dart flew and hit her neck. She started to loose altitude and Vera was slipping.

Vera clutched tightly to Gina as they decended, It was amazing how much room there was in the building to fly, at least it wasn't enough to be seriously injured when falling. It took seconds for Vera to slip from Gina's grasp and when she did she hit the ground hard, but she didn't dare cry, not now, not so close to escape. She watched Gina for a moment, trying to decide what to do. Run, or help her?

Gina's wings collapsed and she plummeted to the ground. "oof..." Her arms ached and her head was bleeding from the impact. The figure was lost in the shadows and Gina closed her eyes.

Vera knelt down beside Gina and grabbed at her hand. "Gina? Gina?! we have to go." The little girl started to panic as she thought her only friend in the world might be dead. A dart whizzed past her head and she ducked down.

Gina woke up slowly, her eyes, barely open. "V-vera? Where are we?" She tried to sit up but her body was too weak and she fell to the ground with a loud thud. "Why can't I get up? Vera? Why are you crying?" Her lids felt heavy and she began to close them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back