• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

For New Roleplayers Who Need Practice Partners.

Mugcake

Pastry-chan
What it says on the tin.

I recently noticed quite some folks who have mentioned that they're new to roleplaying. And you know what, I feel like lending a hand to help new players have a better grasp in roleplaying from where they currently stand through hands-on practice. I remember having a wonderful mentor who taught me how to roleplay from a one-word roleplayer, to someone who's most definitely doing better than that. I thought I'd keep the chain and spread the incurable addiction love.

(If you want a manual for it, I recommend reading this for creating an RP and how to RP.)

So, I'm up for adoption! If you're under 10 posts, just let me know in this thread so I can PM you instead. The roleplays will be done in Conversation/PM for discretion's sake. (Plus I have too many threads to keep track of. Jeez.) In spite of the privacy, site rules still apply.

Level: Simple (One liner, or one paragraph.)

Genre: All except science fiction and historical. (I'm terribad in them without research.)

Plot: Try to prevent giving me one with possible erotic scenes. At all costs.

Pairings: Original, please. No fandom. Not necessarily romantic! If there is, I nod at all sexualities.

Gender: I can easily play male and female, but third genders are tricky for me. (Then again, not gonna' need to.)

If I see a repetition of spelling mistakes and punctuation issues, or inarticulate phrasings, I'd point it out. Be warned that I'm fairly blunt (but I try to be understanding about it). But hey, what's practice for if not to improve, right? I know some of us are roleplaying with a cellphone, so let me know beforehand so I know to be more lenient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also figured that I should at least have the courtesy to shed light on what I'd be like in such roleplays. (This does not reflect my enthusiasm in other ones I'm in.) Back when I taught some of my classmates how to roleplay through messenger programs like MSN and Skype, I used dialogue to ease them into things. It's the basics of basics (almost like screenwriting!) - but if you feel more confidence, we can go straight to story writing style.

Dialogue Format

Yosuke:
(Trying to eat a sandwich while riding the rusty bicycle.) ... ?! (Collides into a trashcan and gets lodged inside the bin.) C-Crap!

One-Liner Format

Yosuke was trying to eat a sandwich while riding his rusty bicycle when he collided into a trashcan and got stuck inside, to which he yelped, "C-Crap!"

Essay/Paragraph Format

His feet felt the unsteady shakiness of the pedals as he rode the bicycle down along the pavement, careful to avoid running anything over today. Since Yosuke was already late when he got up, he decided to toss together a half-hearted excuse of a sandwich and dig in while on the go. Maybe it really wasn't the best idea after all, considering how he distracted himself so much he hadn't noticed the horror that is a trashcan until it was too late and that he had fallen in to the stinking hell hole. "C-Crap!" His rusty bicycle fell onto his legs, much to his dismay, and made it even more difficult to escape his current predicament.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could I take you up on your offer?

I am still under 10 posts, but I think that this would be a great way to improve.

(Also, I don't mind if you are blunt, I actually prefer when people are blunt, because its non-sugarcoating)

Also, when I rp, I tend to do a mix of One-Liner and Paragraph Format.

LeWaffins said:
Could I take you up on your offer?
I am still under 10 posts, but I think that this would be a great way to improve.

(Also, I don't mind if you are blunt, I actually prefer when people are blunt, because its non-sugarcoating)

Also, when I rp, I tend to do a mix of One-Liner and Paragraph Format.
I like when people keep their posts concise and succinct without leaving out crucial or helpful information, so you sound lovely for me right now. Let me get to sending you a PM real soon.

Mugcake said:
I like when people keep their posts concise and succinct without leaving out crucial or helpful information, so you sound lovely for me right now. Let me get to sending you a PM real soon.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back