• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom For Honor: Dream of Peace chat

Hmm, it looks like nobody is making any Samurai characters. With good reason, but I feel like they should get some representation.

I, of course, am going to go up to the 3 character maximum. Centurion, and then either Berserker, Raider, or Highlander depending on my whims, and then either one other of those three or a Samurai character, probably the Shinobi or Nobushi. Thoughts, anyone? Should I make a Samurai or should I stick with the Vikings for that third slot?

Damn, that's a really considerate answer, and I appreciate that, but both of them suit me. I'm kinda just looking for someone to be the deciding vote because I'm indecisive.

Maybe I'll wait for other people to weigh in too. For now I'll put together my first two characters though.

Well...yeah, I'll probably have a second character, probably a samurai, since I doubt there will be much in terms of that. And yeah, true, the samurai would need some representation.

First two characters are up, Centurion and Highlander. Probably will go for a Nobushi for my final character. One in each faction, that seems fair. Even if dirty weebs don't deserve it. I joke, I joke.

I'll admit, I tried to think of making a samurai character. I couldn't. Tey play well and look cool, but it's difficult to think of using one. I'll turn to just knights and Vikings, me thinks.

I'm making Bryce's wife as a character. I decided last second that's she's a Warden as well after finding some really good looking female Warden art.

I'll admit, I tried to think of making a samurai character. I couldn't. Tey play well and look cool, but it's difficult to think of using one. I'll turn to just knights and Vikings, me thinks.
I agree. I really wanted to love the Orochi. It's the perfect class for me, but I just couldn't. It just has too much of a learning curve.

I imagine there are more spots. What're you planning on making? Nietzsche as a rapper?

Someone gets it lol, also I was thinking of a member of the samurai faction like a sniper with a large crossbow for main weapon and some form of short sword as a sub weapon

Someone gets it lol, also I was thinking of a member of the samurai faction like a sniper with a large crossbow for main weapon and some form of short sword as a sub weapon
The inner history nerd says the Japanese basically never used crossbows, but the part that doesn't want to come off as a tightass says go ahead, especially since this isn't actually Japan or the Japanese. But I'm not the GM. Keltoi Keltoi

The inner history nerd says the Japanese basically never used crossbows, but the part that doesn't want to come off as a tightass says go ahead, especially since this isn't actually Japan or the Japanese. But I'm not the GM. Keltoi Keltoi

Yeah, the Chinese invented the first crossbow and for honor does a pretty bad job at explaining if its just Japanese or were Chinese sucked in with them because it wasn't that uncommon for both to be present at the same place at the same time

Yeah, the Chinese invented the first crossbow and for honor does a pretty bad job at explaining if its just Japanese or were Chinese sucked in with them because it wasn't that uncommon for both to be present at the same place at the same time
I'm afraid that is not how the For Honor universe works. It is its own separate universe, and doesn't draw people in from Earth.

That doesn't necessarily invalidate your idea. As I said, I'd wait for the GM, since I'm not it.

I believe the crossbow was used by knights in For Honor, as seen by the Peacekeeper, while the Samurai had yumi (samurai bows), as seen with the longbow and their archers.

But should a samurai pick up a crossbow along the way, that's a possibility.

Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II what are you planning with that post? Anything I need to do?

I'm not really sure what to do with Seosaidh. Or with any of my other characters, given that they're both on their own and both in different parts of the world to everyone else. Hmm. I mean I could just keep writing Tullus locking down Warrick Keep, Saka harassing the Legion army, and just fuck around a bit with Seosaidh, have him butcher some samurai who wants to challenge him.

Sir Galahad II Sir Galahad II what are you planning with that post? Anything I need to do?

I'm not really sure what to do with Seosaidh. Or with any of my other characters, given that they're both on their own and both in different parts of the world to everyone else. Hmm. I mean I could just keep writing Tullus locking down Warrick Keep, Saka harassing the Legion army, and just fuck around a bit with Seosaidh, have him butcher some samurai who wants to challenge him.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi I wasn’t sure how to put myself near any other characters, so I left my post open ended. I could have Ludwig be at Warrick keep so he can kill some Vikings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back