• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom :Footprints: Pokemon X/Y

StrawberryDessert

Thesis of Hope
xerneas-pokemon-x-and-y-artwork.jpg

Welcome to Footprints, a simply navigable yet complex story that can be openly enjoyed by any who wish to enter! As the title would indicate, this particular story shall take place in the setting of the Kalos Region, but certainly will not be confined to the storyline of the aforementioned game. Go on a fully-fledged adventure, capture Pokemon, and put your writing skills to the test against a tough quest in a simple world.

Well? What are you waiting for? Go on!

Aquacorde City was its quiet self, even on such a bright May morning as this one. The gentle, flowing harmony of the water from the fountain and Aquacorde River was enough to ease the silence so that it seemed more alive. On a wooden bench, a young man sat silently, gently craning his neck over to the fountain with a black suitcase seated neatly beside him as if it was another person entirely.

tumblr_inline_njkd0oVDqt1sig565.png

"It's been quite a while since I was out of Lumiose," he stated quietly to himself. "It's nice to get away from all of that light pollution now and again. Castelia and Lumiose are both very beautiful cities, but eventually you forget that the countryside has its own charms, eh?"

Looking around to make sure that no one could hear him reassuring himself, he looked up at the pearl-colored sky, and then gave an aside glance towards his digital watch. "Wonder when those kids are supposed to be coming around... the letters went out two days ago, right? I wonder why Sycamore doesn't just send e-mails like the rest of us... I guess it's some sort of Kalos thing. I haven't seen a single person walking around with a cell phone... totally different air from Unova. I swear that half the people in this region wouldn't even know what a computer is if not for the storage system..."

He then glanced at the suitcase again.

"Hope those little guys are okay... it was a pretty long journey from their homes to here, huh...?

"I'm Late!" Aleska awoke from bed immediately jumping out knocking Liepard out of the bed. "Sorry Natty," She called back to the pokemon who just scoffed in reply and headed down stairs. Making a knot to apologize later, Aleska went to her closet and grabbed some black shorts, a blue off one should shirt and started to dress. Her hair was a small mess so she quickly tamed it into a high ponytail letting her bangs hang from the front and some longer strands frame her face. "Okay, now shoes... Gotta dress for success," She thought as she grabbed a pear of blue and white running shoes as well as a belt from the side of her bed. She looked herself over, feeling as if she was missing something until she noticed the blue cadet styled hat which had a shiny slyveon button on it. "My hat!" she grabbed it and put it on, now completing her outfit.

Running down stairs, she was stopped by her mother who was holder her leather bag. "Jaybird, now where do you think you are going?" She snickered at the child who put on the bag that she was holding. "Sorry mom, but I'm late! I get my first pokemon today!" She said excited as she snuggle liepard who had already forgiven her. "Already? I have now lost both my babies," Ms. De'pariel grabbed her daughter in a hug as Aleska struggled to escape. "Love you, but I got to go," she smiled at her mother as she got out of her grasp and waved leaving the home she had always known.

Luckily, she didn't live far from the meeting place and was soon standing in the not too populated cafe area. Aleska looked around and started to get nervous as she realized she didn't know anyone. "I wish Liepard would of came," she sighed, but noticed a boy next to a brown suitcase. She sort of walked near, but wasn't sure about him so just stood there awkwardly waiting for him to perhaps suggest that she was one of the ones he was meeting. If Paris was here he would know what to do, she thought as she was frustrated by her own inability to talk to people.

@StrawberryDessert

As Aleksa drew near, the blonde-haired young man looked up. He narrowed his eyes, going over the photographs that Sycamore had shown him in his own mind.

"You're... Miss Aleksa, isn't that right?" he asked with a furrowed brow. "You're one of the kids that signed up for the Lumiose program? To obtain a new Pokemon and all?"

tumblr_inline_njkcy3zpyG1sig565.png

He nodded to himself, taking the case's leather handle into one hand.

"Good morning. Uh... my name is Adrian. Adrian Cypress." he introduced himself. "I'm an intern who's currently working as an aide to Professor Sycamore at the laboratory over in Lumiose, and I came here to give you and the other two people your Pokemon. Since you showed up here early, I might as well give you the first pick..." he said, as if rationalizing the decision for himself. For an intern, he didn't really sound like the most scholarly or confident type of person.

With a little bit of a struggle, he pried open the suitcase he was holding, exposing three ornate Poke Balls. The first had a leaf symbol delicately etched into the area above the central button. The second had a flame symbol, and the third a raindrop.

"You're familiar with the national starters, right? Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie... um, as you can see, the professor marked the balls so that they wouldn't be confused. Take your pick!"

Each of the balls occasionally shook a bit, as if they were eggs that were minutes from hatching.

Aleska approached the blonde haired boy. "Yes!" She exclaimed happy that he had known who she was without her need to communicate it. "I'm Aleska," she was a little intense with her voice and soon realized it. Embarressed again, she started rubbing her hands together until he brought out the suitcase. She watched the three pokeballs shake and her eyes had stars in them as she watched curiously. "Wow! Finally my first start," she spoke out loud as she nodded at his words.

Aleska took a moment to think about which one she wanted. Why do I have to choose, she thought letting out a visible sigh. Froakie was a water and if her knowledge was correct, normally it was, he became a force to be reckon with in the speed department. Fennekin, on the other hand, was also quite powerful though Froakie would be his weakness, but she already had a certain water pokemon in mind. There there was chespin, which was grass and he was the balanced and more defense built pokemon.

Taking a moment, she tapped her chin, but ultimately decided on fennekin. She picked the pokeball and immediately brought the little one out and sat on the ground to pet it. "Hi Fennekin. I'm Aleska. I shall be your new partner and best friend, hopefully," she smaller and he rubbed against her hand. "I shall name you Finn. If that is alright, of course," she asked him and he twirled in happiness. She picked him up and hugged her new friend already feeling much more at home now that she wasn't alone. "Thank you, Adrian," she gave him a bright smile.

@StrawberryDessert

Yoga mat? Check. Aviators? Got'm. Snacks? First thing I packed. Extra capsules? Done deal.

Considering the bench was a mere two blocks from home, Rae didn't have to bother with leaving early, so she'd spent the better half of the morning on the condo's porch, just kicking back and feeding the Fletchlings, or double checking what she'd packed. She knew this town well enough to arrive without a hitch, and had promised to come visit her mother, and the local farm (the source of her knowledge) soon, in order to nullify the dramatic departure and teary goodbyes.

She'd kept her pace at a leisurely walk, enjoying the sunshine as always, turning two street corners and trotting past a cross walk before the designated bench came into view. Though her indecisive nature had her a little on edge, Rae had stayed up rather late doing what research she could manage on starter's, their uniqueness and which one in particular would suit her. She'd bounced back and forth from cute, to advantageous, and then considering closing her eyes and just touching whatever and that'd be hers-

And then she actually saw the pokeballs, in person, and and already chosen the one she wanted, before even talking to the man beside the suitcase, or the young girl befriending her chosen Fennekin.

"Hey, I'm Rae," She introduced herself, and that went out to either, though she aimed it towards who she'd come to know as Adrian. She tugged at her ponytail, letting it twist around and fall along her shoulder, "I'm here for one of the starters? And, not to be rude or anything, but I already know I want Froakie, I kind of stayed up all night figuring that out." She flashed him a tenacious smile, and waved amiably to the girl, and the little fox at her feet.

tumblr_inline_njkd1yZ2SU1sig565.png

Adrian gave a mildly pleased grin upon seeing Aleska appearing to be set on her choice. The faster they could make this choice, the easier it could be for him to get his rear end back to Castelia City. She promptly called her novel starter Pokemon out of its capsule and gave it a name- he was still surprised that Pokemon could learn their own names so quickly. After being called a shorthand for their species their entire lives, he thought that they might have a little trouble with the humanized nomenclature. Then again, these things were usually a bit more intelligent than he gave them credit for, so...

"I'm here for one of the starters? And, not to be rude or anything, but I already know I want Froakie, I kind of stayed up all night figuring that out."

A feminine-looking young woman approached him, immediately giving him her name and sparing him the immediate and embarrassing trouble of having to look it up on his digital notepad.

"H-hey there..." he greeted Rae back, before continuing, "Uh, no offense taken, m'am."

He reached into the suitcase, gently handing her the ball marked with a water droplet image.

"Oh, right, items... you two aren't going to make it to Geosenge without any money or items, eh?" he asked, only half-joking as he internally slapped himself for not bringing this up at an earlier, less awkward time. He presented both females with pink touch-screen devices.

"Here- these are Pokedexes- version 6.0. We're always looking for new data when it comes to Pokemon, so if you ever see any interesting traits or behaviors in the Pokemon you come across, register info like that in here. It also doubles as a Holo-Caster- you can uh, register numbers and chat with people and such. It already has the numbers of the other people who are receiving this, so you don't have to go out of your way to awkwardly ask for someone's number or anything."

"Anything that saves me awkwardness is much appreciated," Rae chimed lightly, and slipped the Dex in her back pocket, though she held the pokeball with the water drop symbol, and kissed it lightly, leaving a light coating of lip balm kiss mark. "Hi little guy."

It rumbled a little in her hand, but he didn't pop out like Fennekin, he just stayed nesteld in there. For a moment, she disliked the idea of her little frog buddy being locked within the pokeball, but he seemed relatively lax, should she even worry? "I don't have a nickname for you yet, sorry! But feel free to come out whenever you want, you know?"

"Thanks," She smiled. "Well, I guess I'm off. Are we heading out together?" She asked aloud to who she'd come to know as Aleska. Rae was perfectly content traveling alone, but we felt she may as well offer. "I mean, we don't have to, but if you'd prefer, I'm up for partnering up till the next town or onward. Your call."

Last edited by a moderator:
Aleska's eyes grew large as she was handed her first pokedex. She had recieved handme downs of old ones, but this was her very own. Finally, she would be the researcher. She gripped it tightly, already prepared to jump off and into the next step to becoming truly the all knowing about pokemon. "I shall not fail you," she said as she looked at Adrian with serious, dedicated eyes. "I will learn every inch I can and dedicate myself to filling this up for you," She smiled sweetly and put the pokedex away.

Her body was shaking out of excitement, a little problem she has when she gets too excited. Finn seemed to notice and started to copy her making himself dizzy in the process. Laughing at her partner, she lifted him up and snuggled him making sure not to let her excitement squeeze him too hard. "When do we go?" She asked Adrian with sparkling eyes until she hear the girl next to her ask if she wanted to join her.

Her realization that this person was human made her fidgety, but she nodded and decided this was the best step. "I think that would be a great idea," she exclaimed pushing past her nervousness.

@StrawberryDessert @Raerae

The union of the two budding Trainers brought a smile to Adrian's face- as the moment passed, he couldn't help but reminisce about his own very first adventure alongside Pokemon, quite a few years back- six, was it?

tumblr_inline_my71a6v7Sn1riacmz.png

"Having each other's backs will probably be a boon to you in a lot of situations," he commented, before presenting both Trainers with one more gift- a pair of messenger bags, one black and the other white.

"Here- each of these bags has two Potions and five Poke Balls within. That at the very least should support you on your way to Santalune, the next town ahead of this place. Good luck on finding your way to Geosenge!" he encouraged. Backing away from the pair, he raised an Ultra Ball of his own into the air, expelling a bright light to release a Pokemon.

"I'll try to meet you there later on. But for the time being, I'm headed to Lumiose to help out with some research. Ciao." he finished, waving goodbye to the pair as as a rather enormous Flying-type touched down silently on the plaza ground.

"Braviary, it's time to get going- gain some altitude now, all right?" asked Adrian, clutching onto the bird Pokemon's sturdy back feathers. The Pokemon gave what appeared to be a nod, before taking off at high speed into the air. It appeared that the pair would have a reliable guide throughout their journey.

Rae of course chose the black one, tucking her newly acquired essentials inside and then adjusting the strap over her shoulder. It weighed little and that was relieving, she despised extra luggage.

"Have a safe flight! And thank you!" She quite liked Adrian, he held a trustworthy and sweet hearted disposition that put her at ease since he'd be a sort of guide for them. That Braviary was absolutely gorgeous, and she gazed at it longingly as it flew off. One fact about Rae was that she'd always envied and admired anything with wings, and for a moment she felt a little bummed she wasn't soaring off into the air with him. But she'd acquire a winged creature of her own someday, that was a mental promise that she notably nodded to, and then turned around to acknowledge Aleska.

"I'm glad you think so. Hopefully we'll get there without a hitch! Though I don't know about you, but I may not catch anything and just exercise Froakie on the next few routes. How's that sound buddy?" In response the capsule wobbled again, however he wasn't really interactive. She couldn't blame him, this was all a little overwhelming.

Her perfectionist and rather empathetic nature prevented her from catching every Pokemon in sight just to fill a distant computer- she wanted to put together a specific, advantageous and deeply connected team of friends.

"Hmm, I wonder how may miles to Santalune. We'll be traveling through the forest, correct? On that note, I just might try to catch something... If there's a lot of bug types, we should be extra careful... " She placed a thoughtful finger on her chin as she scrolled through her Pokedex's GPS, observing the routes and slowly walking in the direction of this city's exit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aleska took the white bag since it really did go with her outfit and she liked wearing stylish things. Finn nudged her and she patted him on the head before turning back to Rae. She appreciated that the girl decided to also let her Froakie out and started to really like the girl knowing she seemed to care for her pokemon. "I am ready to go on this journey!" She gave a huge grin before skipping next to Rae.

Her eyes grew big at mention of the forest. "My first actual adventure, though I don't believe there is a specific pokemon in the forest that I prefer. Maybe one," she thought out loud before shrugging. "I have Finn so either way we are well off," She smiled and gave him another pat on the head as she followed Rae towards the forest skipping alongside Finn. "If you need me to carry you, just ask, okay Finn?" He made a cute sound in agreement as they made their way on the second step of their journey.

@Raerae

"Finn definitely puts us at an advantage, though if we can sneak around the bug types without actually engaging in battle, that'd be great. I'd hate to be hit with any powders we can't heal," She told Aleska, though that was entirely her opinion.

Indeed, she'd Froakie out, but he'd gazed around with eyes before tugging on her sock, as if pleasing to be held. "C'mere little guy," with ease, she scooped him up, and let him clutch her chest as they walked, feeling the light thudding of his heart and wondering what his nature was.

With Aquacorde behind them, the trip to Santalune had been short, yet immersive. That independent vibe had really grown apparent as the town disappeared behind an audience of foliage, sun shone down through the expansive canopy and already, Rae could see curious little faces peeping out from the bramble and thicket.

From what little she knew, it'd not be too long of a walk to the other side of the forest, so long as they kept going and made little to no stops. She wouldn't push Aleska though, after all, partnerships, however, temporary meant compromise. The air was a little humid, and the soft soil sink beneath every imprint of her boots; fallen logs rotted with moss provided seating should they need it, and little shrooms of all kind sprouted on towering trees along the sturdy bark.

"Huh, it's so pretty in here," She lightly patted Froakie's head, still contemplating on what his nickname should be. There wasn't a ton of small conversation to make, so Rae attempted the first thing that came to her mind in hopes of a bit of chatting amist the chirping and rustling leaves. "So.. Aleska, right? Are you aspiring towards the Champion title? And do you have a favorite type or are you training all kinds of pokemon?"

Froakie remained reserved, but peeked up to listen to the conversation.

@DemonKitten

As the pair made their way into the forest, they were greeted with the sounds of nature, small Fletchling flitting from branch to branch, likely fledgling Pokemon trying to test their skills at flying before truly taking off. The grass rustled with numerous Pokemon, though none there were in either Trainer's line of sight. Naturally, if either wished to engage in battle, they'd have to actively seek it out.

20343_anime_scenery_anime_forest_zps2f5b7d83.jpg

The sound of water could be heard nearby. Spring had recently brought quite a few more floods to southern Kalos, filling in many dry riverbeds with fresh water that would likely remain until late summer. The change in irrigation had brought with it an abundance of wildflowers- while the sight was quite pretty in and of itself, it had the added effect of attracting Bug-type Pokemon. Kakuna could be seen nestled between tree branches, motionless and non-reactive to the sunlight poking through the leaves above them.

As they approached their first destination, Aleska looked at the beautiful scenery. "Look at all those flowers!" She exclaimed as she started to run out into the field, but recalled that that would indeed lead to pokemon battles and she would wait to battle with her new partners. She had became distracted by the new scenery that she had forgot to answer Rae's question.

"Oh, My goals," She began as she thought about perhaps becoming champion, but only if it was required for her to reach her main goal. "I want to be a professor of pokemon! To know all about the lands they come from, the way they are. I want that knowledge. If being Champion leads to that then yes," She smiled sweetly as she hugged Finn who made an odd chirping sound from her squeezing of love.

She placed him back down and peered out into the field. "What pokemon do you think await us?" she asked her companion, Rae, as the excitement in her body become visible as the shaking progressed. Finn, already understanding Aleska, nudged her to remind her to calm to which her body began to settle as she blushed slightly at her extreme expression of emotion.

@Raerae

Users who are viewing this thread

Back