• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Fonts not showing.

revalia

#𝖊𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖉
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
All of a sudden some of my fonts from google fonts are not showing. They were showing yesterday and now they just appear as if I misspelled the font and it didn't show.

However it seems that other people are seeing the fonts... what is going on?

All of a sudden some of my fonts from google fonts are not showing. They were showing yesterday and now they just appear as if I misspelled the font and it didn't show.

However it seems that other people are seeing the fonts... what is going on?
Have you gone back and edited posts with the font with your RTE on? RTE mightly screws up BBCode.

If you have not edited them, are they only your threads? Which threads?

Have you gone back and edited posts with the font with your RTE on? RTE mightly screws up BBCode.

If you have not edited them, are they only your threads? Which threads?
I edited them just like I normally edit them. Yeah I edited them on the RTE area. not with the BBCODE editor.

And yes it is just them and the ones with the exact copy on my personal workshop

For example even my signature is not the same anymore. I didnt edit that.

If it helps, my signature is also doing this. The fonts look different but in the coding it says they are the same.

If it helps, my signature is also doing this. The fonts look different but in the coding it says they are the same.
Yeah the same thing happened to my signature - the same thing that happened on my character sheets :(

the font as there and it went as if i misspelled it or something

It is best to edit fonts on the BBCode Editor rather than RTE, especially if you are using Google Fonts.

Huh.. I see welp... how did my Signature end up with the font not shown? it was there... I didn't edit my signature

Looking at your signature code shows you have the Arial font before the Google font. So this seems to be a coding issue there.

Looking at your signature code shows you have the Arial font before the Google font. So this seems to be a coding issue there.
yeah but it wasnt like that. Its been with the actual font for ages now. I just entered rpn and saw the font wasnt there anymore

together with the character sheets.. some of them

This is also showing up on some of my roleplays threads. It is not just you. It could be a bit of a bigger issue.

I tested the specific font Fascinate Inline and it doesn't appear to work. Other fonts like Oswald work fine. You may need to use another font temporarily.

This is also showing up on some of my roleplays threads. It is not just you. It could be a bit of a bigger issue.
I tested the specific font Fascinate Inline and it doesn't appear to work. Other fonts like Oswald work fine. You may need to use another font temporarily.
Oh so it ain't just me? First I thought it was an issue with my internet.

Even pictures tend to not show. And even the notifications.

The fonts that aren't showing for me are the majority I used.

Even pictures tend to not show. And even the notifications.
Pictures may be an internet related issue. As far as your notifications are concerned, try rewatching threads or literally turning a specific notification setting off, then turning it back on again (sounds silly, I know, but it usually works). xD

Pictures may be an internet related issue. As far as your notifications are concerned, try rewatching threads or literally turning a specific notification setting off, then turning it back on again (sounds silly, I know, but it usually works). xD
Haha the pictures aren't really a major set issue as for the notifs I did that but even some of my friends are getting effected by it.

What about the fonts exactly? Will they re-show or?

Haha the pictures aren't really a major set issue as for the notifs I did that but even some of my friends are getting effected by it.

What about the fonts exactly? Will they re-show or?
It might be an issue on Google's end for all we know. :\ I have some good news though.
Fascinate works

A bit more testing and it seems to be dealing with Google Fonts that have multiple words in the font name. So fonts like Roboto Condensed and such don't appear to be currently working for some reason.

A bit more testing and it seems to be dealing with Google Fonts that have multiple words in the font name. So fonts like Roboto Condensed and such don't appear to be currently working for some reason.
Hmm I see :'( dammit I was so happy bout my CSs xD

Soooo, if you are really attached to your fonts, I might have found a fix to this issue. Note: This might mess your code up later on when the bug is sorted out.

Roboto Condensed

Fascinate Inline

[font=Fascinate+Inline]Fascinate Inline in Font Tag[/font]

[font=Roboto+Condensed]Roboto Condensed Tag[/font]

Code:
[div=font-family: 'Roboto Condensed']Roboto Condensed[/div]

[div=font-family: 'Fascinate Inline', cursive;]Fascinate Inline[/div]

Basically, you will need to use the font tag with the font you want. Replace any spaces with + since the import URL uses this originally. Create a div and set the font family to the font desired.

You will have to make the font in the font tag transparent.

Roboto Condensed

Code:

[font=Roboto+Condensed][color=transparent]Roboto Condensed Tag[/color][/font]

Update: Or you can leave the area between the font tag empty.

[font=Roboto+Condensed][/font]
Roboto Condensed

Code:
[font=Roboto+Condensed][/font][div=font-family: 'Roboto Condensed']Roboto Condensed[/div]

Last edited:
Soooo, if you are really attached to your fonts, I might have found a fix to this issue. Note: This might mess your code up later on when the bug is sorted out.

Roboto Condensed

Fascinate Inline

Code:

[div=font-family: 'Fascinate Inline', cursive;]Fascinate Inline[/div]

Basically, you will need to use the font tag with the font you want. Replace any spaces with + since the import URL uses this originally. Create a div and set the font family to the font desired.

You will have to make the font in the font tag transparent.

Roboto Condensed

Code:

[font=Roboto+Condensed][color=transparent]Roboto Condensed Tag[/color][/font]
OH IT WORKED! THANK YOU :D

Fable Fable
Not trying to rush you guys or anything since I know how busy you guys are, but is there a good estimate on how long the fix might take? I just want to know if it's worth using the temporary fix when you're risking your codes being messed up again when the bug is fixed. x3x;;;

Fable Fable
Not trying to rush you guys or anything since I know how busy you guys are, but is there a good estimate on how long the fix might take? I just want to know if it's worth using the temporary fix when you're risking your codes being messed up again when the bug is fixed. x3x;;;
There isn't an ETA at this time since the origin of the exact problem is unknown (though we have a theory, but it is pure speculation). Hopefully we'll know more a bit later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back