• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Follow and Ignore

Absinthe

Queen in Training
What happens when you "follow" a member? What happens when you "ignore" a member? Just curious~ Thanks in advance!

When you Follow a member, you can see when they are online. Such creeper, very stalk. Wow.

I've yet to Ignore anyone on this site, so I have no idea.

When you follow a member, they will show up in the "Members Online Now" side bar -- as well as in your profile (under "following") -- It's a pretty nifty/easy way to find folks.

Ignore basically works how it sounds. You no longer see that member or their posts on the site/in the shoutbox -- IIRC, you have to refresh after you've ignored them, in order for it to take affect.

welian said:
When you Follow a member, you can see when they are online. Such creeper, very stalk. Wow.
I've yet to Ignore anyone on this site, so I have no idea.
Lol..stalkerish? Anyway, thanks! :)

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]When you follow a member, they will show up in the "Members Online Now" side bar -- as well as in your profile (under "following") -- It's a pretty nifty/easy way to find folks.
Ignore basically works how it sounds. You no longer see that member or their posts on the site/in the shoutbox -- IIRC, you have to refresh after you've ignored them, in order for it to take affect.

[/QUOTE]
I see it can come handy when rpinng with someone...No alerts about them though?

How about ignore? Will they see your posts? What happens when they post on your thread? That can be...awkward?

Not that I'm aware of... or that I've ever received. But there is a tagging system that comes in handy for knowing when someone's posted something you need to see.

And yes - unfortunately with ignore it doesn't work both ways. Which is why it's usually encouraged that if you ignore someone you don't talk about it.

Absinthe said:
I see it can come handy when rpinng with someone...No alerts about them though?
How about ignore? Will they see your posts? What happens when they post on your thread? That can be...awkward?
Users are alerted when someone follows them. (But not if you un-follow them.)

Users are not alerted if you ignore them. I personally recommend that you only ignore someone if you are 100% certain you want to see no further content from them.

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]Not that I'm aware of... or that I've ever received. But there is a tagging system that comes in handy for knowing when someone's posted something you need to see.
And yes - unfortunately with ignore it doesn't work both ways. Which is why it's usually encouraged that if you ignore someone you don't talk about it.

[/QUOTE]
Erica said:
Users are alerted when someone follows them. (But not if you un-follow them.)
Users are not alerted if you ignore them. I personally recommend that you only ignore someone if you are 100% certain you want to see no further content from them.
Thanks a lot! :) I know now! Yay!

And one more thing, since I missed part of your question:

Users you have ignored can still see your content. Ignoring controls what you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back