• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fluctuations [Characters]

• Name: Adrienne. No last name on official documents.

Alias: None

Species: Norm human, mildly genetically engineered.

Sexuality: Gay

Relationship status: Single

Role: Team Ignis, General

I apologize, but I had to stop at appearance and have not yet read further. The helmet cannot increase one's ability to smell or any of the other senses, other than vision to an extent. You only hear as well as you would without it. The S.C.I.N.S. do not possess any technology capable of creating such an electromagnetic field to the degree you describe, but I would accept that in the form of a separate device, although it would be rather bulky to create a large form of protection. The EMP would also have to be a separate device, because if the EMP were a part of the S.C.I.N.S., it could malfunction and result in the death of the wearer, which is a risk that cannot be taken. The eyes are a big no in some ways. You cannot emit light-waves (which are not a thing) that are invisible to others. You can see in certain wavelengths, such as infrared and night-vision or something similar, but you can also do that with any helmet. Predicting how blows will be given is way too OP and definitely not okay. Please remove or change these. I would also like the science on how the suit provides an increase to her agility.

Awaiting code

d02f3eea26dc0a095114389b460f71e5.png

Name:
Gerald Flint

Nickname:
No nicknames, it's Gerald or nothing.

Sexuality:
Asexual

Relationship Status:
Unmarried, it's just a distraction

Human Type:
Normie Scum

Hair Colour:
Black, but greying slightly

Hair Style:
Short, straight, generic

Eye Colour:
Grey

Face Shape:
Oval, I think

Skin Colour:
Whitey

Body Type:
Tall, broad-ish

Normal Attire:
Basically what's in the picture

S.C.I.N.S.
Unpainted metal-grey, although he's fixed a red beret onto the top of the helmet, for reasons of his own. A thin suit with little armour, Gerald insisted that it be up-armoured at least a little, for his own safety

Tattoos:
None

Scars:
None

Other:
Nah

Personality:
Gerald isn't what you'd expect from a civil servant. He talks straight with people, refusing to cloud his words in 'political bullshit', and has no desire to become wealthy or powerful. This has kept him back from achieving greater heights in his field, as the more 'civilised' politicians disapprove of his less 'cultured' personality, and his steadfast refusal to compromise on important issues. Surprisingly for a man of his size and demeanour, Gerald is not very domineering or aggressive, although he is exceptionally resistant to being intimidated into submission. He doesn't assume much about anyone, preferring to let them speak and act to provide their own character, as his job has led him to come into contact with many, many people, all of them different, plenty of them with deceiving first appearances. As such, he greets everyone with a tired-yet-friendly attitude, although sometimes he doesn't quite have the energy to spare to keep that up. He prefers actions to words, so often doesn't waste his time and energy speaking when it isn't necessary.

Gerald has a good heart, and takes his duty to the people very seriously, spending inhuman amounts of time focused on improving lives and solving problems. He is intelligent, skilled, experienced, and very diligent, which has been saving his job and position, since nobody can justify getting rid of him. He often grapples with knowing too many of the world's problems, being able to solve too few, and feeling responsible for all of them. He spends a lot of his energy and time dealing with this, leading to him being used to both neglecting himself and occasionally neglecting proper sleep. Gerald is rather eccentric, having a few habits built up from a bit too much time on his own.

Mutual respect
Berets
Practicality
Sincerity
Independence and initiative
Having a bit of alone time every so often

Dislikes:
Sitting still
Discrimination
Rampant incompetence
People who are up themselves
Pretenses of any kind, especially flattery
Dishonesty towards yourself
Being ordered around

Goals:
To accomplish as much as he can in his life

Fears:
That he will burn himself out with his self-imposed high workload

Biography:
Gerald was born in a rural area, learning early the importance of hard work and commitment. Even as a child he wanted to help people, and his uncle was a small-time politician, so young Gerald put the two together and decided on what he wanted to be, however naive the belief was. He was frequently brushed off as a farmboy with dreams above his means, but Gerald persevered. As a teen he volunteered in various political offices for minor positions, for the vital asset that his uncle had told him of; experience. It was in these positions that his notions of idealistic politicians with the people at the forefront of their minds was broken. Gerald decided, after some long deliberation, that being one of the faces of government, like a minister or a senator, required too much pandering for his tastes, so he came at the problem from a different angle.

Gerald became a civil servant, and a good one at that. His work ethic coupled with his intelligence saw him in good stead, but it was stifled by both his un-political attitude and his lack of desire to go higher up. His superiors, both unable to deny Gerald's ability and unable to put up with Gerald, promoted him to a more unusual position. The entire job description was essentially what Gerald was looking for. Go around, keep the peace, solve problems, address concerns, show people that the government cared. He knew it was, of course, more or less a PR job, but he took his work no less seriously for it. His position saw him spending great deals of time out in other parts of the world, Igni, Cryo, and Norm regions alike. He spent much of his time out in rural regions, like where he'd come from, and found himself preferring the wilderness to cities. These tended to be regarded as the 'dirtier' jobs, so Gerald's preference clicked well with the rest of the department. Gerald often spent time working hands-on to get things done, regardless of convention.

Eventually, Gerald took to not really having a home, just making his own home wherever he could be, adapting with ease to whatever environment he found himself in. He rose in the chain of command in his area, as his ability to get things done became more apparent. His rise was, however, limited by his unwillingness to delegate. As the years passed, these tendencies only increased, as did his skill at living apart from civilisation, finding his own way in the hostile (to him) conditions of Cryo and Igni regions. Gerald gained a reputation for being eccentric and semi-reclusive, yet a highly passionate, experienced, and talented worker for most humanitarian causes. When a navigator was needed for an expedition to the South Pole, Gerald was at the top of the shortlist, and he was all too happy to accept.

Strengths:
Charismatic and charmingly eccentric
Strong will
Large frame, physically fit, rather strong
Diligent when there's work to do
My boy's wicked smaht
Utterly at home in the wilderness, not grossed out by dead things or bugs or creeped out by weird things or anything really

Weaknesses:
Too stubborn, not very good at taking orders
Very impatient when he has nothing to do
Far too obsessive for his own good
Frequently functions on not enough sleep, and has difficulty correcting that
Despite charisma, not very socially aware, misses cues a lot
Despite size and fitness, not really a combatant, more used to taking things by surprise in a hunt

Skills:
Unnaturally skilled survivalist
Could probably maintain a S.C.I.N.S. suit if he had the tools
Surprisingly quiet for a guy his size
Passable at a variety of skills due to humanitarian experience

Weapons:
Nothing beyond standard

Inventory:
Maps and charts and compasses and various other navigational gear, high tech and low tech
Accepted.

• Name: Cecilia Fauxmauntain

Alias: Ceci to very few.

Species: Norm Human

Sexuality: Demisexual

Relationship status: Nada

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Last edited:

• Name: Cecilia Fauxmauntain

Alias: Ceci to very few.

Species: Norm Human

Sexuality: Demisexual

Relationship status: Nada

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Accepted, for the most part. Your weakness will be more severe than just "light claustrophobia," because that is a requirement. She will also be easy to overcome by large opponents if she is not far enough (I'd say about five meters) because without that, she's too much. Is that acceptable with you?

Accepted, for the most part. Your weakness will be more severe than just "light claustrophobia," because that is a requirement. She will also be easy to overcome by large opponents if she is not far enough (I'd say about five meters) because without that, she's too much. Is that acceptable with you?
Forgot to respond to this and fell asleep, but yeah thats definitely fine. I didn't do a good job of it because I was kinda in a rush due to circumstance, but that is kind what I intended for the close range, that she is still lethal if she can catch you offguard or, but a skilled fighter could take her apart at that range most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back