• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Floating Islands

Milo A Beilschmidt

We all need a little boost from our inspirations.
(Only 3 people can join, please. If spots are taken, ask if I would make another one.)

What's a world without islands? What's a world without ships? Well, this world just has floating islands that floats in the sky. Below these islands are endless waters. There's hardly any people living in these waters, only because well... Where can you stand on? Simple, just has a ship with you. Speaking of ships, there are also a bunch of flying ships. Because how are you suppose to travel to one place to another. Island to island, yes?

Sometimes when an island falls, they fall down into the waters and sink. That island is no more. There's nothing you can do about it. This kind of world is full of beautiful islands and even the most horrific kinds. Islands with huge cities, towns, villages. Whatever you can think off. Some islands are small, some are huge. Some might be old, some can be new, but how can islands be new to this world? Well, it just starts with the rain. The rain hardly falls down from the sky, but it does pour down every 5 years. The rain would only last for a week maybe a month. So why not, collect them and keep them in a safe place. This world is indeed strange.

But how in the world can an island be floating? How can ships fly? It's quite indeed hard to explain, but it's the special crystal, called a Lythra Arcthe, or the La, that hides itself in the caves or at the center of the island underground. Sometimes dragons are there to protect the crystals.

What else does this world have? Just some of the mythical creatures you can ever think lives in this world as well as the humans, like the elves, griffins, phoenix, fairies...

Sure, people would like a world of peace, but there are, of course, danger and wars happening.

Are you up for this kind of world?

There are 4 main islands:

Ancardia(En-car-di-a)

A very populated island with big cities, obviously since the island is huge. There are cons and pros about this island. There are more poor than the rich. It may look beautiful on the outside, but the inside is pretty darn ugly. The people who were raised here can be clueless about the outside world, but they do know what kind of place they live in. They either love it or hate it.

Endetton(En-det-ton)

A more of a hellish type of island, it is also very populated, but it deals with wars and other things you can think off. It is not a very bad place once you get used to it, but it is indeed a place where you need to survive in. The people raised in this island can be very strict, but some can have a soft heart. Some may have some misunderstandings. They either want to leave the place or stay and help protect their island from the evil of this world.

Sasurian(Sa-su--ri-an)

A peaceful place to live in. There are a lot of farms, and small villages. It's very calming pretty much an island away from the other islands. All the people in the island knew what's going on outside of their island. They want peace in this island and peace shall stay.

Pamjuth(Pam-ju-th)

A place full of danger. Most of the wild creatures live there and even the more native people live there too. You know how that island is.

(Comment if you don't understand, :L)

Last edited by a moderator:
START OF ROLEPLAY:

The next morning had just arrived and I couldn't sleep. It's my birthday today, and I just have a very bad feeling that it's not going to be the best birthday. I looked outside of my cave, and I could see the shadows emerging out of the forest as the dark clouds appeared. Is it going to rain? The last time we had rain was a long time ago. Just 5 years ago. So... It must be the rain... But the clouds doesn't looking like those stormy raining clouds... Maybe it's something else... I gasped soon realizing that things are going down very very soon, and to avoid that... I have to leave the place before the Sasurian people notices. I packed what I need, and just storm out of my small cave. I head straight into the forest, seeing that the shadows are heading for me. I growled at them, but at least they're not heading for the village.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back