Flesh-Sloughing Wave

wordman

Two Thousand Club
Can armor defend against the Shadowlands circle necromantic spell Flesh-Sloughing Wave? From the description, it seems like it wouldn't, but usually it would say so, which it doesn't.

Hmmm...

It doesn't say specifically...so how about a compromise?   :)

Why not golden rule it that it's soakable only with stamina, unless the character has used magic (MM armor, charms) to enhance their soak, in which case they soak normally.

I haven't actually read the spell in question, but as a general rule, if it doesn't mention any exemptions, then there aren't any.

However, if it makes more sense to you that it would bypass armor, I'd take riven5's suggestion and allow Artifact armor and other magical soak to protect against it, but not mundane materials.

-S

Stillborn said:
I haven't actually read the spell in question, but as a general rule, if it doesn't mention any exemptions, then there aren't any.
That's kinda what I was thinking. Looking at it from a game balance standpoint, this makes more sense as well. Unless there are other first circle spells that do 18L to everyone within about 50 yards while ignoring armor.

Well (Essence+Occult)x2=raw lethal damage done thanks to the necromancy, for a number of yards equal to the casters essence x 5 in yards.  Sooooo...probably not 50 yards, no.  Not for awhile anyways.

A good spell nonetheless.  Definitly an addition to any good necromancers inventory...along with Shattered Void Mirror.  Mm...void mirror gooooood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back