• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Fleeting Mind [Psychological/Supernatural Horror]

rambler

The Travelling Storyteller

newcreate.php

blackandwhite,cigarette,guy,hangover,sad,smoke-3b774360d344f41d35210670df98d35f_h.jpg
It was painful... watching him regress into a shell of his formal self - a being that was identical to him in appearance, yet was definitely not him. This was not our friend, I am sure of that... For how else can I explain his laughs being replaced by silence, his smile overtaken by an empty expression, devoid of the cheerfulness that radiated from it just a week ago. He was losing it. I don't know why, but he was definitely losing it. Throwing everything out of his room, and then surrounding himself with solely the smoke from his cigarettes that slowly yellowed his teeth and fingertips, soiling his clear voice until it reseeded somewhere in the back of his throat, turning as though in the whisper of some gruesome wounded beast.

We should have began "looking" for him as soon as that transformation began, as soon as he stopped going outside and refused to talk to us. Yet, instead we were stupid. Instead we waited until not only his mental but also his physical form had disappeared...
tumblr_n59gvmFyzh1t0l1jvo1_400.gif
It has been three weeks now since his odd behavior began and two weeks since he was reported as missing. The grown-ups tells us they are "dealing with the affair" and that they "have everything under control". They are liars, yet I am unsure if they realize that themselves. They can't even deal with us - the people left behind in shock after he vanished into thin air. We can't even deal with us, as progressively we spiral down the same road that he took. We are progressively losing it as well. After all, how else can I explain forgetting. On some days I can't remember his face, and I lose my grip on reality as my own name slips away. Sure, that happens only on the best occasions. On the worst, I see a distorted figure standing outside my window, gazing in and directly though me. I wander if that is what he saw... I wonder if finding him, or whatever is left of him, will make it go away, banishing the nightmares.

I wonder if closure is what I need... what we all need.

My mind is going...

Welp, I finally got back from a hiatus (which sucked big time) and really want to try a more dark-themed, nicely paced (inclined towards slow as well as detailed) mystery/supernatural oriented RP. This I wish to do with a small group of about 6 other dedicated RPers, who shall take on the roles of 7 friends (including me). The general idea is that one of your buddies - Josh, who was initially the glue that kept everyone together - has gone missing. Due to this, the teens will be forced take on a search for him around the surrounding woodlands, overturning each and every rock in a desperate attempt to locate the boy while fear arises within everyone since it seems as though someone or something is stalking them. That, or they are spiraling down the road to insanity, which doesn't seem too unbelievable given the circumstances.

The thing is that despite mentioning there being 7 friends in total looking for an 8th one, originally the search party used to be composed of 6. One day an additional member popped up but the thing is that... no one remembers who that is. It's obvious that there is an impostor, yet unfortunately no one can guess who that is, which results in tension and suspicious arising among the teens, birthing in its stead drama, hatred and paranoia. This of course depends on how you, the RPers, decide to react. Will you be the initiators of rows or the attempted peacemakers? Will you break under the tension and lose your mind or stand strong in spite of everything? Will you break off from the group or try to stick together in order to find Josh and uncover what dark secrets lie behind all of the weird occurrences going on around you? This all depends on your decisions...

Basically your priorities are to discover Josh as well as reveal the intruder having infiltrated your lines (who will be chosen at random among all the characters once they are submitted) while battling an unseen and unnatural force that wants you dead and is progressively messing with your memory, taking away bits from your precious life as you dig deeper towards the truth.

Gone, GONE!

A warning - this RP will contain horror elements unsuited for the faint of heart seeing as gore/death/stalking/violence/gruesome details will be involved to some degree or another and shall be introduced by me as the self-proclaimed "mood setter"

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh, this is lovely. Count me in!

Though I wonder (and forgive me if this was made painfully obvious) what threat does this
imposter actually pose? Or are they just as confused as everyone else, unknowingly searching for Josh or conspiring with/actually the stalker...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see there is interest in the idea~

@Raerae to answer your question, I chose to be vague about the role of this impostor since, in spite of being one of the causes for mistrust and panic, their personality will come down to the RPer playing them. This person will be chosen at random once the official thread is posted and all CS-s submitted, after which they will have the final say in the type of entity this additional character shall be. Basically, it is unknown as of now if they will be malevolent, purposefully playing mind game, or benevolent, not realizing or in the very least feeling bad about their negative presence. Sorry for not being clear in this in the opening post but it totally slipped my mind~ Hopefully, this answer has aided in clearing some things up~

Wow, this is absolutely amazing. I can't say I can join because of real life stuff getting in the way and a growing insecurity about whether or not I can play a character suitable for this type of rp, but I wanted to let you know that you had a very interesting idea here.

HornedGhost said:
Glad to see there is interest in the idea~
@Raerae to answer your question, I chose to be vague about the role of this impostor since, in spite of being one of the causes for mistrust and panic, their personality will come down to the RPer playing them. This person will be chosen at random once the official thread is posted and all CS-s submitted, after which they will have the final say in the type of entity this additional character shall be. Basically, it is unknown as of now if they will be malevolent, purposefully playing mind game, or benevolent, not realizing or in the very least feeling bad about their negative presence. Sorry for not being clear in this in the opening post but it totally slipped my mind~ Hopefully, this answer has aided in clearing some things up~
No worries, I considered such but, naturally, I had to ask. Regardless, I love the concept and really hope it takes off. Thank you for elaborating! Also, welcome back!

Jesus. If possible, please let me partake in this. This is simply too excellent for someone to ignore *w*

Woah, guys~ I am so excited that people seem interested and that the character spots are filling up~ Seeing as that is the case, I will immediately get on with creating an official thread. You can expect it in the very near future.

Welp, I think the spots have now officially been filled thanks to you, amazing peeps~ So, here is a link to the unfinished thread (give me some time, I promise not to take too long). I actually tagged some of you in the OOC but am unsure if you got the notifications... Anyway, please confirm your spot reservations in the aforementioned OOC tab so that I can hold them for you~

Sorry, I'm still in 24 hour mode -- but since more than the amount of people listed in the description of the rp expressed interest, I wanted to know if I had the okay? :0

Well, two roleplayers mentioned that they may or may not be able to participate, so you are tots okay~ That's why I want you guys to confirm your spots in the OOC - so that I might make sure now many people plan on taking part in the RP. Additionally, if the limit is excelled by one then I will gladly make an exception and include an additional character spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back