• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Five

Lazarus

Out of Character greetings:

Hello guys, thank you for the interest in this story; sadly we won't be doing new recruitments for the moment; I am sure we can increase the number of gods if things seem to be of interest. But for the moment all the 5 gods are already occupied.

Thank you again; have a great time!

[media]

[/media]
Client N°1 - Michael Bishop

God Event 1 Event 2 Event 3 Event 4 Event 5 Total
Life - - - - - -
Death - - - - - -
Love - - - - - -
Hate - - - - - -
Luck - - - - - -

And the world we live in revolves upon their wishes…they are five...named differently…and praised diversely around the world…to the average mortal eye they look like a bizarre group of people living together…no one really knows what happens inside of their penthouse…our story begins in London…living in the Central Area…some say they can spend days in the penthouse…some others believe to have heard strange sounds…that the most bizarre parties must happen between those walls.

chl-musicians-penthouse-terrace-cmyk-mr_zpsraf78x38.png

SLN140011_20_zps0qucugnr.jpg

And it is that when the five meet, the fate of a human plays upon a table, sex, age, occupation or motives; none of these matter to them. Five events define who will claim the fate of the mortal…who will the human serve...life and death play on the neck of men…love and hate pull on their hearts…and luck…who can predict what luck will bring next…

They are five…how will they play on fate of men this time?

This is not the first penthouse they live in…trust me on this as you dare to read deeper into the reality of our world…they travel with ease for time and space are their vehicles…with the blink of an eye they can move from one building to other…sometimes they even witness from nearby the fate of their client…who knows…maybe when a man dies in a car accident…death himself watches from a restaurant not so far away….maybe when a woman survives a risky surgery, a lady will visit later on that day...when a man commits murder …there may be a feminine figure standing with delight…when a man declares his love…there may be joyful lips smiling not too far…and maybe…when a man beats all possibilities…maybe lady luck will watch upon you…One thing is sure…if you see any of them…the other four are nearby…for they witness together the client’s destiny…they can take any form and any shape...maybe they watch upon you as we speak...

Tonight they will feel that call…that strange feeling that each one receives in different ways…some probably even have adapted to this modern era…receiving signals as mobile messages or simply with the mystic aura that grows in their hearts…

Client N° 1

Name: Michael Bishop

Sex: Male

Life Status: Fit and young but slightly exhausted, he grew in a sporty family; he has a muscular build, he never had enough money to buy junk food anyways; born with 4 siblings (he is the oldest), he was always used to watch over them. A big soccer fan he is as well, he could had gone professional for sure, but fate was never on his favour. He is trying to work as a taxi driver; he lacks the education to aim for something more; he tries to keep a honest life to honour his deceased parents but he also wants to give his siblings the opportunities he didn’t have.

Death Status: Since he worked since 15 his back has paid the price; an hernia will pop eventually on his back; he already struggles a bit under stress: the pain can be so annoying on his back that it makes his head want to explode; in the worst days he had to lay on bed and rest unable to move.

Love Status: He has a crush on Clair; this woman is dating Antoine, a drug dealer that has the biggest domain over the outer ring of London. Michael's siblings depend on him greatly, they know that if it wasn’t for their big brother, none of them would be alive neither had a chance to study. The second oldest brother Josh would do anything to help his brother, he is 17.

Hate Status: Antoine….he is all that stands in his way…he has the girl he loves…he has the money he needs…Michael knows that Antoine will not let him grow in the drug deal business; he already tried to convince Antoine to let him join…but…as expected he was rejected. For this reason Michael just started the drug traffic on his own; his own “business”, the taxi driver occupation allows him to talk with possible clients in silence and then point a date for them to make the deal. Michael is also in trouble with his neighbours because of unpaid debts.

Luck Status: He lives in the middle ring of London; the house is enough decent to hide the darker business that Michael is starting; they don't have enough money to pay their debts fluently though. He is already in trouble trying to pay this month's electricity; his youngest sister is also delayed in her education payments. This has motivated Michael even more into the drug deals ...living as a taxi driver is not enough for him even when a powerful business man normally calls for him as his private driver; Michael is ambitious, he aims for the stars.

Event N°1:

Michael has appointed a meeting with a bigger client for the drug deal; the problem is the payment will take place in the outer ring of London, to be specific near to Antoine's neighborhood. Michael has meditated how this could be a trap by Antoine but decides to "bite the bullet"....he will go ...

Soon the five will approach the penthouse and they will take their places at the table...Michael's fate will begin in the following minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jorah was awoken late by a text message to his phone. The loud beep had given him a minor head ache, since he ignored it for a while. He finally reached across his bed and looked at the message, and said under his breath "Oh crap." Then slowly tip toed his way out of the crowded bed room, several woman and men were knocked out from what had seemed like an endless party from the night before. In Jorah's mind, it was a way to spread his love to more people. Why would he waste his time with only one person at a time, there was so many people to love. He was a god after all, true love for the gods was different than the man-made concepts for it. He finally exited the bedroom to see...Even more people. He went into the bathroom and decided to do it then. Changing into his divine form to disappear from view. His divine form was by far his favorite, wings were the coolest. They weren't like other people who were lame and had to walk. He flew through the window, literally. He was not tangible in this form, no man made wall would stop him!

Jorah looked at the large crowds of people as he began his flight. Wind brushed his hair back and felt amazing on his wings. It caressed him as he flew as such high speeds. The soothing breeze was enough to make him fly forever if more pressing matters weren't happening. His eyes wandered downward to look at the crowds below him, he took a good look before he realized something. There was love in danger! He swooped down and peered into a house where a married couple was arguing. Oh no! Such a painful sight, they had been together so long arguing over something so silly. This silliness didn't seem like much, yet it could completely trash their relationship. Jorah just...JUST HAD TO DO SOMETHING! He was the god of love after all. He lit a small flame in his finger and whispered words into it "Love be remembered" a simple chant. The couple's eyes met as they both remembered the intensity of their first time experiencing true love. Their argument had turned into simple laughter which later turned into embracing one another.

Jorah puffed out his chest proudly at how well that worked, continuing his flight. He flew through the walls of the penthouse, making a large and noticeable entrance. He put both of his arms out like he had just scored a goal in a football game yelling "Love has arrived!"

Ambrosia growled as a bright red light flashed behind her eyes. That was her call. It always came at the ass-crack of dawn.

She rolled her eyes and straightened out her sleek, skintight dress. She lit a cigarette and took a lazy drag, before slipping on her black stiletto heels. She ran a hand through her thick red curls, causing them to straighten out and fall softly down her back.

She let the lit cigarette dangle from one hand as she snapped with the other, causing herself and her black suitcase to teleport to the penthouse.

"Hello, love." Ambrosia winked at Jorah, her ruby red lips pulling up into a seductive smirk. She ran a long, thin finger down his chest and looked up at him through her lashes.

"How have you been, baby?" She cooed and laid her palm flat against his stomach.

@Vengeance Spirit

"My, my, do you people ever knock?" Misuka would walk around the corner after entering through the front door, shortly after hearing her call. She takes notice of the other gods and smiles. Her eyes are a soft, moist, turquoise blue. She often compliments the color blue, as it is the symbol for new beginnings and new life. Her accent soft and clear, like a calm ocean as the words roll off her tongue. She takes a place sitting down on a couch in the penthouse, not leaving waste to the saying "Make your self at home." She crosses her leg over the other, laying her hands across her lap. "Poor boy won't be able to see his daughter, such a sad destiny." Misuka often speaks like there's a completely diffrent conversation going. This is the effect of seeing someones face or name and have their multiple destiny's play through her mind and eyes of what could have been.

Jorah would kiss both cheeks of Ambrosia saying "Uh. You must've missed your opposite. Love and hate, a friendship that mortals don't think exist" He chuckled at his cheesy joke. He then turned to Misuka, saying "Alright...Now time to wait for Death and Luck. But in the meantime, I'm starting." He went to the couch and sat down, putting his legs on the small coffee table. He leaned back in the soft white cushions and snapped his fingers, a glass of wine appeared in his hand. "Concrete love, I call it. Nothing stirs emotions more than wine does. Surely, our new host knows this." He picked up the remote, it was small black and had white buttons on it. He smiled, looking at the empty TV screen, clicking to turn it on. He then realized it didn't work, he only turned the cable box on. He pressed the button again, a bit frustrated but only turned the cable box off. Annoyed at the contraption, he stood up and turned the TV and cable box on separately. He went back to sit down, the TV was blank as he pressed a button on the remote. The screen showed Michael Bishop on it, it was daytime still. He was riding his taxi, Jorah said "That's our target, I suppose."

Misuka lets out a soft sigh, as if disapproving of many things at once. "He seems to be a normal human.. That's never the case is it." She would say as if already knowing her own questions, answer. Noticing the wine she begins to stare at Jorah. " Must you stain a temple that can shine like gold?" Misuka often despises anything that can bring harm to the body, It's against nature and against life as she sees it.

Mortimer Dhett, owner of Dhett Corporations, was in his office, doing some normal paperwork, when a bird, more specifically, a crow, entered in the room through an open window, and landed on his desk. After examining the animal more closely, Mortimer noticed that it had a letter in its beak. He carefully took the letter and opened it. "Hm. Finally. I was starting to think it would never start." He mumbled to himself. The letter was his call. "Oh well, there is no reason for me to make them wait." He spoke out loud, while shifting into his god form. Suddently, an idea popped into his mind. Well, now that he tought about it, the other gods could wait a little.

Mortimer's little idea was a detour to the hospital. He teleported there and started making his way to where the patients with the most horrible conditions were. When he arrived, he saw a man, a police officer, heavily wounded, probably from a gunfight. He went close to the crippled man, and put a hand over his chest. "Let death free your soul" He chanted, before smiling, as the heart monitor let out a long beep, and doctors started rushing into the room. Now that his job was done, Mortimer went out of the hospital, and finally teleported to the penthouse.

When he appeared, Mortimer turned back into his human form, and chuckled. "My, my, you all haven't changed one bit. You didn't even wait for me." He said, as he sat on one of the couches.

Misuka watches the target on the TV provided by Jorah. Feeling a change in the balance as Mortimer enters. "You take too long, even in your role to the god you may be." Misuka says as her expression as blank as space, a small tear of blue would slowly corse it's way down her cheek like a wavy river. "He would have saved poor lucy." She says, referring to a police officer who has taken his final breath. Misuka never seems to make much sence to the other gods but, death would know. She lets the tear drip off her face, landing on the back side of her hand as it stays there, motionless.

Jorah smiled at Misuka saying "Ah yes. My temple is quite nice, wine stains it. Surely, but in a good way. Wine adds beauty. My temple is quite gorgeous, I'd assure you." He winked afterwards. He then turned to Motrimer "Hey. Death, how've you been? Killed any beautiful people yet...If so, you gotta let me know. I can visit them in the underworld and offer them salvation." He laughed at his comments, to him they were quite clever. He knew it wasn't allowed to randomly visit the underworld to have pleasures with the dead. Last time he tried, a duel between Love and Death almost started.

Jorah watched life and death engage in their little conversation, he raised an eyebrow and thought it was boring. He knew not to say this, Misuka would bury him in life lesson about how great it is. Jorah didn't care about long life, nor dieing short. To him, the only life worth living was one with a lot of pleasure. Now, this drug dealer taxi guy was his kinda man. If he wasn't a host, he might've even- Oh wait...Right! He's the client, Jorah had some things to do. He smiled and said "Alright. Love's got the remote." looking through the buttons saying "None of these are good enough. I want to spice things up." He flicked his finger, a little flame of passion came as he touched the remote. The buttons changed and the remote turned a glistening shade of red. On the screen, a young beautiful woman, curvacious entered the car with Michael, Jorah wanted to see how true his love was for the druggie girl. He wanted to see if such a woman could distract him from what he had with the drug dealer's bunny.

Michael became slightly if not more polite than he usually is; "Shit she is hot" thought the taxi driver as he asked for the girl's destination and started to drive; surely Michael's eyes are flickering and trying to use that mirror to have a better look at this almost divine figure. Michael won't act stupid though, he wants to make it "cool", indifferent...how many chicks he has taken in his taxi before?... he remembered that...Michael even when lacking the money has the looks, his muscular build has granted him more than one night stand; maybe he will get lucky with this one as well; he would surely try to start a conversation, a casual one and ask more information of this tempting figure that Love just sent in his way.

But this doesn't mean Michael forgot about Clair: she was cute and lovely; she reminded him so much of his mother in a kind way and his eyes narrowed softly, his insterest for the seductive figure dropped firmly and tried to keep it on the line, this woman would just be a one night stand if anything at all; the woman he wants to marry and have a family with is Clair.

" Oh dear, Jorah, see what you've done? Those ladies don't deserve a life with him! He needs a path of enlightenment to see his wrong. He can live a life of happiness, if only!" Misuka says with a slight pitch of irritation to her voice. Still, she sighs disappointed and continues to watch what will happen now. Unpleased yet, full of wonder to the client.

He laughed at Life's comments and responded with "I used a cherub. As if I'd possess a human being to do it. Humans have too many morals and standards. Cherubs know what's for the greater good." He shifted in his chair, moving back a bit and clicking the remote saying "Whoever as the remote, controls the test. Don't be such a stick in the mud. Loosen up, let love in." A little love heart appeared at the bottom right hand side of the screen, the percentage was low. The lights in the room dimmed as he said "Oh come on, she's beautiful. But I guess that Claire girl might be a bit more than a crush, as it seems." He put the remote down and said "I've seen my test and know exactly what to do...What about the rest of you, now." He watched to see what else Michael would do with the girl. The girl's stop was coming up soon as she said "So...You ride taxi's a lot?" trying to start a conversation, clearly.

Michael was almost at the destined place as he uttered “Yeah..” he nodded with a subtle nod trying to remain indifferent but hell he wants to see more than just those curves “Helping my family and my little sisters” said trying to look like a responsible and lovely man, not that he wasn’t but come on he needed to stand out with the obvious lack of money he has. “how about you...? a model right?...give me a call I can pick you up, this city is more dangerous every time, I can show you the best clubs in the city…the places the actors want me to take them to” would say Michael giving the girl a card with his mobile number while receiving his payment; he choked his pants for a moment and remembered he needs money, he remembered his siblings and the reason he got involved in a dangerous business; he hoped for the woman to call later on, ask if she wanted to buy his “product” and who knows one thing may lead to the other…that was the magic of London, you always knew all kind of people he thought. Once he had enough money he could establish firm and strong...and things could go smooth with Clair…for now he needed clients…contacts…and who knows…allies?...ambitious, Michael is clearly greedy.

So many destinys, it makes my brain pulse and eyes burn." She says calmly, her expression still the same blank spaced-out look. The most favored by destiny is Clair finding out and the tragedy that becomes of Michael and his decissions. "My, my, the lessons will still remain unlearned and filled with consequences. There still is hope that Misuka is wishing to see happen. All she needs, is time and his life will be beautiful.

He smiled at Michael's response, enjoying it saying "Oh yes Michael...Give into pleasure, isn't it great." He then pointed to the remote saying "Alright, whoever's turn it is to test him next. Get the remote ready." He turned to Misuka and said "Alright what do you have planned. Some kind've crazy way of saving him? Trying to better himself. Look, the man's pretty happy. I think we should let him live this way, he's a hot guy. Let him enjoy life's pleasures." He took up the wine again and said "Why don't you join my drinking." Sipping it.

"Hmmm, Misuka unfolds her legs and stands as she walks to the outside patio looking out over the view. Misuka would lean her arms on the rail and wait as her hands were clasped together, her chin resting on the folded knukles. "What to do, what to do. So many destinys." She says with a sigh.

Ambrosia pursed her lips as she listened to the words that were being exchanged. She took a drag from her cigarette, and smiled as the thin tendrils of smoke floated away from her mouth as she released her breath.

'These things are always so boring,' She thought, her eyes flashing bright red for a second.

Ambrosia licked her lips before strolling over to where Life, Death, and Love now sat. She sat down on the arm of one of the couches and smiled sweetly at the occupants of the room, before turning her attention to the TV.

"God damnit, Love..." she muttered and rolled her eyes.

She took another drag of her cigarette and sighed.

He smiled, juggling the remote in his hand saying "No...No takers for the next round. I would go again. Maybe try a guy for him." He laughed saying "I doubt it. It seems his heart swoons for women." He then tossed it over to life saying "Alright, catch. Let's do this, I want to see what you'd think of a test worthy of that man. Since you were so opposed to the rather...hourglass appeal to it." referring to the woman's figure. He let out a strong smirk, clearly he was enjoying the flirting between them. He always loved to watch people flirt and then some. It was his favorite part of the job, the initial spark was so entertaining. Even when it was only a form of lust, it was still under his control.

Ambrosia scoffed and rolled her eyes at Love.

"You're such a voyeur, dear. It may actually be a sickness."

She glanced at Life and pursed her lips.

'That tender little mess won't give a good test. She never does.' She growled quietly before glancing back to the TV, finally taking in the two that were on the screen.

She whistled quietly in appreciation of their good looks.

"Finally.. an attractive one."

Catching the remote, she walks back inside and takes a seat on the couch. Crossing one leg over the other she holds one hand on her lap, taking hold of the remote in the other. She presses a few buttons, her expression as not changed from the blankly spaced-out. "My test, is of good will." She presses a few buttons as a women gets into the clients taxi. The women is clair, His so called reason of all the bad doing. They begin to bicker as a few blocks away, his drug handlers spot the taxi and head for it. "Lets see your true colors, Michael." She says calmly with a bit of demanding. Her eyes locked on the TV as it begins to play out.

Michael felt quite confident after leaving the curvaceous woman; he was driving a bit with a really good mood, his favourite song was playing; he loved to hear rappers talk about their success and their growth from the slums, how these “nobodies” achieved a quick climb in life. Then he spotted a charming woman that was giving her back to him. Michael approached pressing on the horn as he uttered “Where do I take you pretty?” before he noticed this woman was Clair. Clair entered the taxi and she started to make some questions to Michael; she asked him if the rumours were true, if Michael was going to try to enter the drug business just like his boyfriend.

Michael knew the answer to this question of course, and wide and gigantic “NO”, he denied all the rumours and Clair started to believe him; that was of course until the drug handlers started to approach the taxi. Clair recognized their faces and soon Michael did what he thought was the best, he pressed the gas and the car moved out of the scene; the drug dealers yet called his name and Clair demanded even more explanations.

Michael then had to push the break as the questions Clair asked were pouring into his ears like a swarm of bees. He shouted slightly higher and denied once more the facts; “They saw you !...they know Antoine, he works with them and probably wanted to talk with you, those guys” he simply denied the fact that the drug handlers called Michael’s name; Clair grew suspicious as in the beginning, she feared that Michael would get involved in the drug deal; even worse she feared Michael would end up like his boyfriend...a cold hearted and dangerous man was Antoine. She begged Michael to stay out of the drug deal and for a moment Michael believed it, he promised but in the end , when Clair leaves the car he knows what he has to do…if he ever wants to have enough money, if he ever wants to give his siblings the happiness he didn’t have, if he ever wanted to provide for a family…he needed to take the risk… a white lie to keep Clair happy, he thought, it is worth it to keep her happy….

"Like a storm, once it's over, the water is gray and filled with debris. Only after alittle help will the waters shine like a pure cut sapphire. Problem is, he needs alot of help." Misuka would say this to her self tapping the end of the remote on her chin, lost in thought.

At this particular moment, Zoe was taking a nice stroll through the city, eyes sparkling in interest and curiousity. She loved the city. It's smells, good and bad. It's sounds, sweet or horrendous. And it's people, friendly or anti-social. There was so much to do. Zoe's sense of time had never been her strong suit. Being the Goddess of Luck didn't require a need for timekeeping, but a sense of spontaneity.

A familiar flutter in her chest made Zoe sigh. Her time to explore her surroundings was coming to an end. There was a new client and Zoe was sure she was late to the game her and the other gods liked to play. So, she popped into a nearby coffee shop and ordered an expresso.

As she waited for her drink, Zoe watched a smiling waitress place the check on the table between a couple.

"How interesting?" Zoe stalked away from the counter, walking down the aisles of small tables. As she passed the table with the couple, conversing about the bill, her fingers lightly slid against the black envelope enclosing the bill. A feeling akin to electricity sparked in her finger pads. She smiled and walked back to the barista, who had called her name. Zoe grabbed the expresso and leaned against the wall, taking a sip as she watched the scene in front of her.

The couple had left. The waitress picked up the bill and opened it. She gasped. One trembling hand covered her mouth. A co-worker came up behind her.

"What is it?" Zoe overheard.

"T-they left me a hundred dollars." The waitress cried. Zoe smirked, took another sip, and left the building. She traveled to the penthouse in an elated mood and hummed the whole way. Her fellow gods and goddesses were her favorite people to hang around. They were all so different and their time together usually brought crazy, unique situations.

"Hello, people. Who's the lucky bastard we get to bless today?" Zoe entered the room and settled herself on the couch next to Jorah, taking another sip and gazing at Misuka.

She speaks calmly, her eyes lockedy onto the TV. "She can pay her debts off." Refering to a waitress who will have a happier destiny. Misuka has always spoke out side conversations, speaking of others destinys, she says what she sees. In another throught, she wonders if the test was worth it. Seeing his true colors really does make the iceing on the cake. She knows his true colors are far from blue, far from any distinct color. His poor life is tragic, choosing to lie to Clair, lieing about his trur identity, and being involved in bad commotion. Her eyes burn seeing him throw away a better life, she will still wait for that moment he will choose the happier destiny.

All this worry is hurting her moist, turquoise blue, eyes. She unfolds her legs with a sigh as she stands up, setting the remote down on the coffee table for another god to give there test. "These gods will be the death of me." She thinks, no pun intended for death. She walks to the kitchen where she leans her hips against the counter, folding her arms over to cross them. Feeling the presences of death often made her sick, to think so many of those children have passed on. Leaving familys, lovers, life. She feels sorrow to every death, it weighs on her soul. Nevertheless a new born baby, always makes her smile, the bubbly happiness relives that weight. Much like yin and yang. She remembers a past life time where she learned a most valuble lesson. That lesson made her relize there is not all death in the universe.

Flash Back: "Mommy, why is the sky blue.?" The little girl looks at the sky in wonder, never ceasing to be amazed. "Well, some believe that when a bad store happens, the sky is the most beautiful blue. More blue than before. So, some believe it's because of a new beginning has happened." The mother would say with a smile as she sees how much curiosity is in her daughter.

As the flash back ends, a small smile has curled it's way upon Misukas lips. One of warm hearted happiness.

He smiled at the Zoe as she entered, he always saw luck as absolutely insane, he said "Alright. Lady luck is here...Tell me now, will I get luck tonight?" He winked enticingly. He then looked back at the screen, taking a good look and mapping out what he'd do after his turn had came. His eyes flickered red for a moment, this was the internal passion from the flames of love. The flames that Jorah controlled, love wasn't simple nor calm. Love was a storm after all, a storm of flames that descended from the sky and spread from person to person. Jorah knew this, love wasn't as humans saw it, a force that threw people together. No, it didn't throw them together, it gave them the opportunity to. They threw themselves to one another with the chance given. If one wanted to calm the flames of love, they would need the waters of sacrifice. Only few have ever been able to do as such.

He sipped his wine, and then continued by saying "Yes...We have a handsome young man. I'd want him dead, just to have him." He smirked at the screen. "Wish I had the remote to pause it at that moment." The screen was zoomed in on his face for a glimpse. He then turned to life who had walked away responding to her harsh comment "Only if you lose the game of Five." He was ready to take his chance. To use his powers, to see the result. He created a fire in his hand, letting it fester.

[dice]8456[/dice]

The fire didn't grow too large nor flicker away onto itself. It was a good size, this was his affect on Michael. He blew onto the flame, it rammed into the TV and Jorah's godly intervention would begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back