First VS Second

wich do you you prefer please don't vote if you have only seen one

• First

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

I prefer first franky second is crap a few things are worth converting back to first but the mecanics make me sick.

I'm with the short one!

The Second Edition Exalted Core Book reeks of the d20 system.

Second. Because First had glaring errors and perhaps they are now fixed. We're just about to start our Second campaign.

One thing I noticed from a recent session of 2nd Ed:

Combat is a lot more lethal now, but everyone knew that.

Here's something that popped up, though. Read the section about simultaneous actions on p. 141 of 2nd Ed BWB. Notice the line "Nothing actually happens until every action is rolled and the tick is concluded..."

Now, imagine a combat between two low-level Exalts, strong on offense but weak on defense, one flurrying at the other...who has counterattack charms.

Hello, simul-kills!

Granted, this was with two people not really familiar with 2nd Ed mechanics yet, but...be forewarned.

I like the art and, combat is my main problem with 2nd, 1st ed Exalted is the best D10 system ever this crap in 2nd took  a perfectly good system and ruined it.

I know, found that out when on RPG.net some guy did Exalted 2nd Ed combat 101. I was simply amazed and incredibly amused over that specific result.

I'm still reading through 2E, or I should say trying to digest 2e fully.

What I'm getting is a LOT better.  Game mechanics are now better explained, there is a lot better information in 2E's BWB, and the setting material is more comprehensive.  

I'm not a huge fan of Social Combat, but I can see where it could be very useful.  Most of what's in the book is useful.  All they've done to the system is take out some things that were confusing, make the combat system not just faster, but more effective, and clearer in effect.  

The Solar Charms have been fixed for the Power Creep that affected th system with the DB, Abyssal, and other books.  Taking out Brawl and putting in Wark was a move I'd already made, so how can I argue with that?  

I guess my question is what about the mechanics "makes you sick"?  That mechanics are made clear?  That combat requires a bit more strategy?  That Abilities like Craft are much better explained?  That Integrity works?  That they've given you large scale combat rules in the BWB?  That you have good information about Yu-Shan right off the bat?  That you have better examples of antagonists and allies?  

Without specifics, it's hard to take anything said seriously on the subject, other than "It's teh 5uXx0R5!"

Why don't you explain your position, then we can discuss it, otherwise, it's just ranting, and thus easily dismissed.

One thing--among many--that impresses me about Jakk is his eternal optimism.

Optimism that people who rant and rave are always capable of calming down and discussing a topic in a calm and logical manner.

Many a resident deity in the old EC would have broken out the Paired Daiklaves of Idiot-Carving long ago...

Count me into the 2nd ed camp. As of yet, I've still just skimmed the rules, but so far, I'm loving what I see.

I'm really anxious to take the tick-system out for a testspin or two though... but that'll have to wait 'til some time later this summer. When I have the time for it... *sigh*.

Meh... The old EC crowd did get their panties in a twist over the most trivial of things though...

SiD--I've still got mine, and they're still sharp, but EM...I think he means well, and as responsible folks who like to keep our threads free of some of the strife that plauged the old EC, we sometimes have to encourage folks to act in a sane manner.  And EM can do so, when he puts his mind to it.

So, I'm still waiting for a reason that he thinks 2E is crap...

I just switched over to 2E mid-campaign this weekend. I can describe it in one word: better.

Not only did switching over the PCs require almost NO conversion (though that was luck of the draw; if they had different Charms, there might have been some minimal tweaking), but 2E combat is SO MUCH smoother.

Ticks were a breeze to keep track of using the sheet I made, and not having to roll for defense sped things up a LOT.

One thing that will take some time is discovering new combat strategies, as getting rid of turn-based combat, and the new DV rules, changes the flow considerably.

Ultimately, my players and I found ZERO things that we didn't like about the new rules.

-S

OK I'll start with DV hmmm O I hate it I like rolling my dodge I tend to get more successes on my dodge rolls then I have dice, don't do so well with other rolls, I like turn based rules and the lack there of is not exceptable. I'll give more issuses latter after the argument with this one is over.

So, your luck is why you dislike the new system?  Have you actually tried it yet?

As for ticks, have you tried it?  Or is this just based on a conception of what you thiink it will be like?  Have you had bad experiences with other systems that use a mechanic like this?

I tend to get more successes on my dodge rolls then I have dice' date=' don't do so well with other rolls,[/quote']
That's statisticly nonsensical.

I like turn based rules and the lack there of is not exceptable. I'll give more issuses latter after the argument with this one is over.
I like the new rules. You don't. What's to argue?

-S

I'm well aware that it is statisticly nonsensical, I tend roll badly on most other rolls, so LOA is handled.

You still haven't answered the question of have you tried the new system?  Hating it on paper, and actually seeing it work, or not, are two entirely different things.

OK I'll start with DV hmmm O I hate it I like rolling my dodge I tend to get more successes on my dodge rolls then I have dice' date=' don't do so well with other rolls,[/quote']Then stunt. 'nuff said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back