• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy First person to respond to this will improv a story with me based on this first post about Intelligent Dinosaurs (1x1) (Open)

Freeky

Many believe that the dinosaurs were relatively unintelligent creatures, but the truth is their intellect was just about equal to ours. They had cities, culture, government, schools, and the like. This is the story of how it all went down.

Roughly 66 million years ago...

Henry, a professor of Astronomy at Jurassic University who also happens to be a Velociraptor, looks through his telescope one day and sees an asteroid (THE Asteroid) hurtling towards Earth. He and other top scientists meet to discuss possible solutions.

"Everyone, calm down!" Henry yelled over the cacophony of his fellow frantic colleagues. "This babbling will get us nowhere."

----------------------------------------------

Again, to whoever responds first, we will just start RPing and gradually figure out the story. No OOC chat, as an experiment. Just start RPing. I know you're supposed to do an Interest Check and all that, but I just want to start something. You can do a CS if you want. Idk if I will. This is suuuuuper casual.

Maria was a curious dinosaur indeed; she was a Tyrannosaurs Rex, an apex predator, and one of the few attending Jurassic University who was pursuing a degree in the sciences rather than in something like sports, as was to be expected among her kind.

"Maria!" The other T-Rexes said, "Your arms are much too short to be a chemist, you could never mix the concoctions you would need to. Besides, your tail is so large, that one accidental swing could wipe out an entire roomful of dangerous chemicals." This didn't stop her from pursuing her degree, however.

The first day of school, she was hopelessly lost among the crowd. Which room was her class to be held in, again? Was she even in the right building? It surely looked like a science building, what with the enormous statue of an atom out front.

Little did she know that her poor sense of direction would make her life change forever.

With a shrug, she opened a door she heard voices coming from, and stumbled into a large open room, adorned with many different stations; telescopes aligned near the windows, with chemistry and biology equipment such as microscopes, chemicals, and an emergency eyewash station/shower in the back of the room, none of which were currently being used. Instead, most of the dinos in the room were huddled around one of the telescope stations, the Velociraptor currently using the telescope was seemingly trying to calm the crowd.

After taking in the beauty of the tall windows and the general architecture of the room, Maria walked over to the crowd and touched one of the dinos on the shoulder. "Excuse me, I'm so sorry to bother you, but, you see... I'm sort of lost."

Henry drew up a digram of the known solar system. (For some reason Saturn was missing) It showed the asteroid around the vicinity of Pluto.

"The asteroid is located here. It is traveling at roughly 100 dinometers per second, meaning it will reach Earth in approximately 48 hrs. We have that long to figure out a solution."

The crowd was silent for a while, then many spoke out.

"We should contact the military! Does the president know about this?"

"How did we not see this sooner?!"

"AHHHHH! WE'RE ALL DEEEEAAAADDDD!!!"

"Maybe we could deflect it somehow, or blow it up."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie, a Triceratops, felt a tap on his shoulder and whirled around to see Maria.

"Oh, well I suppose we're all pretty lost right now. I mean, the whole world could end in 2 days. But, you know what..." He looked back and forth, checking to see if anyone else was listening. "...I heard a rumor that the Dino-Mights are already on the case, and that Leonardus might be involved.""

(The Dino-Mights are a group of heroes tasked with defending the planet. Its three members are Tyrone the T-Rex, Pete the Pterydactyl, and Bryan the Brontisorrus)

(Leonardus is super villain T-Rex who is always trying to destroy the world)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back