• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fire Emblem Divide: Side Quests

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club
SIDE QUESTS
A side quest is an informal event that three or more players of the same team can embark upon. When i say informal I mean no map, no dice, and no character death. Just straight up role playing in a casual fashion. However, in Side Quests there are still objectives to meet and rewards to gain! During downtime Side Quests are a great way to strengthen your characters' relationships all at once.

Click here to go to the Fantasy Roleplay Section
Click here to return to the Table of Contents

• How It Works
    Side Quests have some pretty sweet benefits. The greatest benefit is obviously being able to RP outside of a battle gives us something to do if the main battle thread. This allows for more complex interactions between characters in combat due to a more focused perspective on fewer characters. I know what you're thinking, "But we already have Support Conversations for that!" Yes we do, but Support Conversations are for two characters arranged in a 1x1 RP. Side Quests are for group endeavors for 6 characters.

Side Quests will be created by players in the Fantasy Roleplay Section of RPN. They will be labeled "Fire Emblem Divide: Side Quest Name" and the first post must have an summary of the quest. All quests will be linked here in this thread. Please do not post in this thread. Each quest must have at least three objectives that must be met in character. When an objective is met, you gotta tag me and explicitly state "Objective Completed!" in an immediately visible manner. Each first post must also include a link to the Table of Contents in case any new players see it and wanna join the RP. You feel me? Cool, lets get into some rules.

Rules
    1. Only one character of each of the six players can be used in Side Quests in order to encourage maximum posting speed. Each character can only be involved in one Side Quest at a time.
    2. In order to receive the reward of a Side Quest, the party of six must complete all the objectives. Each Quest must have a minimum of three objectives. Rewards will be given out based on the merits of how sufficiently objectives were completed. Quests with more objectives will naturally lead to better rewards. Fuck a quest objective, you just need to set up a premise for the quest, and a reward for completing the quest.
    3. Also much like Support Conversations, in order to receive the benefits of them, it's gotta be a substantial thing. It can't just be like three posts with all the objectives in it and done.

Setting Up A Quest
    Each Quest requires a prompt explaining what the quest is all about and when/where it's taking place. at least three objectives that must be met to complete the quest. You may then choose a reward for completing the quest. It's fine if the quest takes a weird direction and you want to end up changing your reward. We can talk about Side Quests together in Conversation, or one or a few of you can PM me your idea and we can flesh it out. The bottom line is, I must approve a Side Quest before you get it started, and I will be the judge at the end of the day in terms of completing the objectives and what reward is given out. When each objective is met, the Side Quest will be completed, and the reward will be given out. When the quest is complete, you'll get your shit.

In the first post of every quest, a summary of what the fuck is going down must be written. Doesn't have to be super long. It must make sense within the context of the lore and the main battle thread. For now characters on opposite teams cannot be featured in quests. All enemies featured must be NPCs. After the summary, you've gotta explicitly state the minimum three objectives that must be met and the players that will be participating.

As mentioned a maximum of six players can participate in a side quest. That may change later but for now it's six. Players can jump in and out of quests at any time so long as their entrance and exit is explained IC, followed by an immediately visible Battle Summary-like statement at the end of the post that said player is entering and exiting the Quest. Always remember to talk to the players involved before jumping into a quest to receive their permission to join. They can assist you with jumping in.

Rewards
    Side Quests grant players with two rewards every time.

1. The characters who participated for a majority of the quest will all move up one Relationship Rank with each other.
    2. There will always be an item or gold to receive after completing the quest. The exact reward will obviously depend on the outcome of the Quest. This can be discussed beforehand, but essentially rewards will be given out based on how sufficiently the objectives were fulfilled.

At the end of the day guys, if you want your reward for Side Quests, just remain coherent, don't powerplay, and don't be afraid to get off track. Even if you don't sufficiently complete your Quest's objectives, a reward will still be given out for completing it. You guys will always get some neat shit for completing a Side Quest. Who knows, it may turn out to be more useful than your original reward. If this proves to be too difficult to manage or people start drama over rewards, then rewards will be limited to a flat rate of a certain amount of gold. So don't be dicks if you wanna keep juicier items around for Side Quests. Remember, there's nothing we can't work out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back