• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fire Emblem Divide: Leola X Whimsey

With the sound of drums filling the air, times like this were commonplace for Whimsey. Not the field of the area being a war camp, but just her, on her own, playing out whatever came to mind. She didn't care who heard. Everyone would be hearing it on the battlefield eventually. Either way, it was something she enjoyed. It was good practice, wasn't physically exhausting, and she occasionally got little compliments and praise from passerbys. Not that she paid too much mind to it. All in all, it also served as a way to get out of other peoples way, so that she wouldn't end up being a work slave like she was back home.

Her music was generally very upbeat, fit for the quick actions of a battlefield. Her drum was one passed down through her family, a gift for her 16th birthday from her mother. For who knows why, it served as a sort of... Power. Allies within earshot gained different effects depending on what she played. Though, that also required her to play well, almost perfectly.

And thus was why her practice was necessary. She just went through her various pieces one by one, making sure she knew frontwise, backwards, and sideways.

The clouds were especially pretty today. They were pretty most days of course, but today just seemed so nice. She didn't really want to project shapes on them, the wind did what it wanted, not what she thought. But one looked like a thunderbird, wings regally outstretched. SO majestic. She found herself following the cloud merrily watching as it flew along and deformed, like the bird flapping its wings. She walked the paths outside the camp, nose to the sky. She could do this for hours at a time, even if the sun went down she could just look at the stars. Eventually she found a nice hillside and laid down about it. Too her delight she heard someone drumming below her. The rhythm sent the most delectable vibrations through her. She should find this drummer more often. She looked down and took quick note of the brunette girl before her. Someone to remember for sure.

theunderwolf theunderwolf

If anyone asked, Whimsey would have no clue how long she'd been playing. This was her use. She wasn't needed for anything else on this battalion but her music, so her music needed to be as good as it could be. Lives could potentially be saved by it. Battles won. Perhaps she wasn't truly sure how much of an asset she was, as she'd never been in a battle, but it was still something she knew she would need to be helpful for. Hopefully she wouldn't freeze up in fear when battle rolled around.

In the midst of one of her songs, she dropped one of her sticks as she hit a long group of notes. Letting out a sigh, she bent down to pick it up. "Dammit, Whim..." She muttered. "Can't do that. Might die for it." Quickly scolding herself, she lifted her drum off her person, setting it on the ground beside her and sitting down, taking a moment to relax.

It was nice, lying on the ground, watching the clouds and listening to the steady beat of the drum. No reason to worry or stress just let the music sweep over her. The clouds were pretty but then the music faltered and stopped. A complicated part began, then cut off. A mistake? Why make a mistake? It wasn't like anyone knew what she was playing, so some small improvisation couldn't hurt anyone. After another moment though, the music didn't continue and she looked up slightly. She heard the girl muttering ahead of her, cursing herself for messing up. "Why'd you stop?" Lela asked, hoping to get back to her reverie, "It's not going to get you killed now."

Hearing a voice behind her, she turned, a surprised look on her face. The girl before her wasn't anyone familiar, though clearly seemed to be part of her Battalion. Her question struck as both concerning and embarrassing, as she must have heard her mutter to herself.

"Oh, uhm... I know." Her voice carried a very uptight tone, making her sound almost rude. "I just... Like to treat it like a real battle. What's the point in practicing then? If I mess up on the battlefield, I'm done for. And I'd imagine playing music on the battlefield is gonna be much harder than here in my own relaxed space."

She sounded a little tight, but that was to be expected. Being tight wound was par for the course of performers, especially those that were incredibly perfectionist about their work. "Really..." She said thoughtfully, letting any rudeness flow off her like water. She didn't quite believe the other women, "You don't seem very relaxed though, dunno why. The clouds are beautiful and the sun is out!" She waved her hand at the beautiful sky. "Stay loose! Enjoy it!"

"It's, erm, kinda hard to enjoy it when we're gonna be at battle soon..." Whimsey muttered to herself, smiling to herself. Whoever this lady was certainly was positive. "Though, perhaps you're right. I could learn to relax a little bit..." Shrugging, Whimsey looked up at the sky. "Jeez, I've been out here a while... I should get some food, if there's any lunch left in the mess hall... I'll see you around, uh..." Pausing, Whimsey realized she didn't have a name to put to this woman.

"Leola!" She replied, " Though I didn't catch yours...Anyway lots of clouds to watch!" She worried about people that didn't enjoy what they did. It was all quite silly, she enjoyed rituals and healing, so she did that. She was sure this girl enjoyed drumming, yet it didn't seem to relax her. How truly odd. "If you can't relax out here child, I hardly see how you're going o keep your cool on the battlefield. I'll see you later though whatever your lovely name is!"

"Leola..." Whimsey muttered, glancing at the girl as she picked up her drum, tucking it under her arm. This lady was certainly an optimistic one. While she wasn't sure what role she played for the army, it was clear she was doing it well, with how positive she was.

"Oh, my name's Whimsey Latena... Just Whim is fine, though." Chuckling at the crude nickname her parents had given her, as they put it she was 'had on a whim'. Not that she minded, though. "I'll see you on the battlefield." With that, she left to get some food, thankfully the mess hall had some leftovers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back