• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Fire Emblem Divide: Basic Mechanics

SirBlazeALot

Seven Thousand Club
BASIC MECHANICS
Welcome to the Basic Mechanics thread and the beginning of your quest to understand the Gameplay Mechanics of Fire Emblem Divide. In this section, we're gonna cover everything there is to know about how to roleplay and battle in Fire Emblem Divide. We're gonna talk about my role in the RP, the stats that each unit has, the kinda shit they can do during battle, and how the Number Cruncher determines the numbers it outputs for you to roll for. That's the keyword, I'm gonna show you how it works in this section. Later on I will show you how to download the Number Cruncher and learn how to properly use it. And we've got some other goodies too. It's a lot to take in, but hang in there! You got this champ!

Once you're done here, you can move on over to Advanced Mechanics.
Click here to return to the Table of Contents.

• Game Master Blaze
    bJL17Ul.jpg
    Alrighty guys so before we get into this I thought I'd tell you a little bit about myself and the role I'll be playing in the RP. I'm an aspiring game developer and Fire Emblem stan from California. I've played Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, and I currently have a copy of Shadows of Valentia collecting dust on my desk. Blazing Blade was my first game and remains my favorite game because it features my favorite Fire Emblem character and my official waifu Lyn.

I'm lucky enough to have a job that allows me to melt my face off in front of a computer pretty much every fucking day. Aside from writing, in my off time I enjoy making music, doing hallucinogenic drugs, and viewing tentacle hentai. If you have Steam or a 3DS, hit me up for my Steam username or my friend code. I would be happy to do heist with you in GTAV on PC or get my ass whooped by you in a Pokemon battle.

I discovered RPN about three years ago now. I came here to join a Fire Emblem RP, found that they kept dying, and so I made my own. Which ended up dying! I then went on to hone my skills as a GM in several other RPs, all of which are now unfortunately dead aside from Fire Emblem The New World, the RP where this system originated. But, three of my most successful RPs lasted for over a year and they were a blast while they lasted. I've become geekily passionate about GMing for RPs, and I want nothing more than to give you guys something fun to do to distract yourselves from the monotony of your miserable lives.

I vow to do my best to show you guys a good and fair time. I won't be participating in this RP directly with characters. At most, I will control monsters on the map should they ever appear. I'll be creating maps, moving your units for you, keeping track of where traps are placed, creating scenarios for battles, helping you guys create your characters, and making sure no fuckery is afoot. I will not be giving advice or assistance to any of the teams. I'm simply here to watch and direct and occasionally harass all of you with monsters. This is your RP just as much as it is mine, so don't be afraid to approach me if you're experiencing difficulties of any kind or have some suggestions.

I've decided to get just a little bit more hands on in the RP, as I believe that one of Chapter 1's flaws was a lack of direction on my part as a GM. I kinda just dumped you guys into the RP and expected you all to play proactively and to confidently fill in whatever blanks I left open with your own lore and whatnot. That didn't pan out too well, especially for Side Quests, which I'm pushing hard for. I won't be playing as a regular team member of either side, but I'll instead be playing as important NPCs that I'll use to set up Side Quests, and to occasionally serve as bosses in the Main Thread.

My hope for this RP is that it will eventually become one of RPN's Hosted Projects. I was told by RPN's mods that in order to have an RP become a Hosted Project, we've gotta prove that Fire Emblem Divide requires the utilities for a Hosted Project and that there must be an active group of players participating. So be active! When the time comes, I'll be looking for other people to appoint to GMs should I ever become too busy to do my job. After all, there's a lot of tentacle hentai out there! But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

If you take away nothing else from this, please keep this in mind: When I like a post, it means I have seen the post and applied the appropriate changes if necessary. This will apply to all areas of the thread. Now that we understand each other and know each other a little bit better, lets move onto far more interesting stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back