• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Finding RPs

Riik

Ok first things first, I'm just gunna say that I know how to use the search functions and stuffs on this site. I know how to technically 'find' RPs. What I'm having issues with is finding an RP; the RP - the RP for me.

With so many RPs here with all different genres and stuffs, with different levels of recruitment and different methods of play, it's kinda overwhelming for a new member. So basically what I want to know is:

Is there a place where I can shamelessly sell my soul advertise myself as looking for RPs so that recruiters can pick me up? I know there's a thread for recruiting, but looking through it I found like 1 thread of someone saying they were looking for an existing RP, and it has no replies, so I'm wondering whether that truly is the right place to go.

Now, I am very shy, so I kinda find it hard to just go up to a random RP and say "hey I wanna join!" and the shoutbox thing is like a big scary monster trying to eat me. So essentially, I wish to know if there's a better way of doing things or maybe if I can get some help x3

Also, just to say, I am looking for fantasy/sci-fi RPs that allow for characters who... well who are like my avatar. i.e. not really human, but also not really a typical sci fi alien race thing.

So yeah, all help is appreciated~ nyaaa~ :3

Well, I think people have been posting Looking For's in the Recruitment section. But I think I am going to make a suggestion for a site upgrade to include a Section just for Looking.

I have been with RPN for over a year and RPing since 1980, with doing online RP's since 2000. And yet even I am finding it hard to search this site now. Basically it takes three times the effort to search a single genre.

I'm also new and as a new person I generally prefer to lurk and look to get familiar before posting so a section just for looking would be awesome Mitheral.

Well, if this helps, we have three types of RP's here. Two are thread RP's. The other is the Forum RP.

Thread RP's have two sections. The List of Thread Roleplays is the current type. When people make an RP there a Sign Up thread, OOC, thread, Rules thread (if any) and Maps thread (again, if any) are created all at once. These are open to viewing by the public. To get alerts about posting click on the Watch Thread near the top of each thread.

The Thread Roleplays just below that are an older style where we had to create separate thread manually for the actual RP, the Description, Character Sheets, and Sign Ups. Again, these are open for viewing by the public.

The Forum Roleplay List is from RPZone that merged with us. I haven't honestly looked at these yet. So, I don's know if they are public.

Generally, Forum games already have their players picked out before the forum is created for them. Some, however, have continuous rolling applications, and others have historically opened later waves of applications, as previous players left for one reason or another. But that ought to go in the Forum Roleplay Recruitment area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back