• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Finding Happiness

RedLipstick34

A Lady in Perpetual Waiting
In a time where everyone looks exactly how they want, where technology is advanced enough to give us everything we can dream of, and money or other worldly struggles don't exist, what will make you happy?

It started as a science experiment: The Beauty Project. A science professor believed that most if not all of the world's problems could be solved by giving humans higher self esteem. It took decades to perfect the Wish Generator (In it's 6.0 version today) but when he finally finished his masterpiece, he sold it to Microsoft (Now owned by the government) and made billions. The Wish Generator is a machine just large enough to step into, (coming in all different shapes and colors for your convenience.) Inside, there's a simple hologram computer in which you can choose from base models, or customize a full body person, including wardrobe, and any body modification you can dream of.

The American government purchased Microsoft along with the Wish Generator, and distributed it all countries across the world for a decent amount of profit, paying off their large debts, and in an attempt to continue changing society and lowering crime rate's, they wiped out the idea of money all together. Workers are volunteers, everyone has everything they could need and more. There is no starving, or homelessness, or low self-esteem, and therefore barely any need for crime. Hate is unnecessary, racism is non-existent. Everyone can be anything they want. All of America is content and beautiful. But in a world where you get everything you want regularly, how does one manage true happiness?

This is not a futuristic story of rebellion against the government or fighting against anything. This is the story of six bored young adults searching for the true meaning of their happiness.

So, I wasn't sure whether to sort is as Futuristic, because it is technically in the future, or realistic because it's also technically a Slice of Life type deal. The story will follow the six or seven main characters/friends who deal with trying to figure out who they are and what makes them different while falling in and out of love and such. It's pretty much an Indie movie film waiting to happen. It will deal mostly with character development and interactions, while I'll be sure to throw in dramatic turns now and then. I want casual-detailed style, at least four decent paragraphs a post, though less can be handled every now and then. I want good writers, and I'll do my research on your writing type during sign ups. Character persona's and a bit of drama with each one will most likely be pre-made to avoid Mary Sue's but most of the character creation will be up to you. If interested, let me know and I'll get this rad idea up and running!

Just for a little more info I'm going to post the character persona's and beginning drama's. These will be the starting points for the friends, and then of course I'll throw in futuristic happenings and troubles they have to deal with along with the players making their own drama's amongst each other.

I want this to stay relatively small, so I'll be accepting the five or six best character sheets. If someone really wants to join and creates a decent character, I'll allow oc's to fit into the storyline. Remember these drama points shouldn't be all your character is about/isn't the storyline, it's just their histories with each other and current relationships because I've found it's difficult for players to create characters and then ask each other for drama with their character.

The girl who doesn't know what she wants: (Reserved for me)

Girl 1 is an eccentric, outgoing piece of work with a personality that naturally draws other's near her. She's dangerous and provocative because in a world where no one's unique, she's desperate for attention. Girl 1 is a diagnosed manic depressive, but that won't stop you from wanting her. Regularly sleeping with boy three, she's a wild card. The problem is with Boy 1, though. Her best friends fiance, the one she's in love with.

The Girl who knows exactly what she wants...maybe:

Girl 2 is perfect and she makes sure you know it. She did well in school, she's smart, and talented, and funny, and just very honestly good. She loves people and treats everyone sweetly. Engaged to be married to Boy 1 very soon, Girl 2 is sure her life is on the right track. Near the wedding, though, she finds out about her fiance's affair and loses track of herself, realizing that being a good girl has gotten her no where.

The Girl who doesn't need a man anyways:

Girl 3 thinks too deeply about the world, and hates the shallowness in society. She's cynical, fitting in well with girl 1, but doesn't need attention from a man or anyone else to give her self worth. In this day and age, where the world is obsessed with appearances, and the better you choose to look the better you live, she feels like the only person not obsessed with perfecting everything in the wish generator. She enjoys long intellectual conversations with others, and that's hard to find anymore, so she stays with her small group of friends and refuses to date. Ever.

The Boy who can't decide:

Boy 1 is a decent guy, really. Smart and charming. He'll make a very good husband and he knows that, otherwise he wouldn't have proposed. Girl 2 is his and his families dream girl. She chooses ladylike, proper appearances, she's book smart, and perky, and he thought he could spend the rest of his life with her. But boy 1 doesn't even know who he is, let alone who he needs. During an identity crisis, he begins an affair with Girl 1, and simply can't call it off because the danger makes him feel alive.

The Boy who can't be bothered:

Boy 2 saw how screwed up society was a long time ago, and he wants no part of it. He's the member of the group that's actually too smart for his own good. He drowns away his thoughts in bottles of alcohol and only the best of drugs. Boy 2 throws the best parties, and pretends he has no emotions or feelings. Not even when Boy 1 decided he was going to marry the love of Boy 2's life.

The Boy who wants it all:

Boy 3 is not a bad boy. He simply appreciates the good looks of many women. He owns history books, he knows what regular people used to look like. Despite his many hook-ups, mostly with girl 1, boy 3 just honestly wants to be happy. Sometimes, girl 1 does that for him. Sometimes they talk, and it's enjoyable, but it's not it. It's not sensationalism. It's just talking and sex. Boy 3 is searching for the same thing everyone else is, he's just trying to find it in women. Well, most women. Girl 1 is his whenever he wants her, girl 2 is with his friend and he won't touch her. Girl 3's the real challenge.​

I wouldn't mind being the boy who can't be bothered. This concept is really interesting and that personality in particular speaks to me a lot.

It unfortunately won't be first come first serve, but all of you are impeccable roleplayers so far so that most likely won't be a problem. I'll have it posted at some point today and I'll make sure to tag everyone who's showed interest!

I'm very interested. I dont have much roleplay expeirence on this site, but I have been roleplaying for about 6 years. I have no problem providing a writing sample. :)

Is this still open for me to join? Or are all the roles taken?

"Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?" ~ Gerard Way

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE: 2001— FOREVER

RedLipstick34 said:
@PlaguedWithInsanity
No spots have been filled yet, actually, you're totally welcome to fill out a CS

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/finding-a-little-piece-of-happiness.102069/
By filled, I meant reserved. :)

I'm busy for a couple hours, and I wouldn't want to take someone's place who had previously reserved a certain role. I see all the female spots have been reserved by people, for example.

"Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?" ~ Gerard Way

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE: 2001— FOREVER

@PlaguedWithInsanity I haven't heard from a lot of players since the reservations. Everything other than my character is still open and I will decide which spots are taken by the quality of the Character Sheets. Also, there's a little paragraph in CS section explaining my willingness to accept original characters if you can come up with a good enough spot for them or persona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back